The primary purpose of sites included in this section is the provision of legal information to the public and to legal practitioners at no cost. Sites will only be included if they offer significant amounts of free information on their websites. Providers of commercial products and services should only submit to this section if their websites and pages offer significant free content. [Note: If you are looking for an attorney rather than legal information, you should look under the section Society: Law: Attorneys and Law Firms.] If you cannot find the information that you need in Society: Law: Legal Information, you may find it in the Society: Law: Reference section, which is a repository for sites that contain official legal reference materials. Legal Information Law Society.
- Wikipedia: Legal advice is the giving of a professional or formal opinion regarding the substance or procedure of the law in relation to a particular factual situation. The provision of legal advice will often involve analyzing a set of facts and advising a person to take a specific course of action based on the applicable law.
- Legal aid - Legal aid is the provision of assistance to people otherwise unable to afford legal representation and access to the court system. Legal aid is regarded as central in providing access to justice by ensuring equality before the law, the right to counsel and the right to a fair trial.
- Legal awareness - Legal awareness sometimes called Public legal education, is the empowerment of individuals regarding issues involving the law. Legal awareness helps to promote consciousness of legal culture, participation in the formation of laws and the rule of law.
- Practice of law
- Civil law (common law)
- Legal Information Institute www
Legal information organized by topic from Cornell Law School. Information Institute.
- An Law Made Easy www
An assortment of articles and forms on subject including estate planning and administration, Made Easy, business and finance, real estate, divorce, and religion. Law Made Easy.
- Offering WORLDLawDirect www
Offering concise articles for a wide assortment of legal matters, WORLDLawDirect, and paid question and answer service. WORLDLawDirect.
- Instruction American Bar Association - Consumers' Guide to Legal Help www
Instruction on obtaining legal information and services. American Bar Association - Consumers' Guide to Legal Help.
- Articles ExpertLaw www
Articles on a variety of legal subjects. ExpertLaw.
- Offering LawInfo www
Offering legal FAQs, LawInfo, as well as directories of legal professionals and provision of paralegal services. LawInfo.
- Legal FindLaw www
Legal guide providing cases, FindLaw, codes, forms, articles and links, law schools, bar associations, directories of service providers, and continuing legal education, with information for legal professionals, business, students, and the public. FindLaw.
- Videos Clientelevision www
Videos explaining the law for consumers and small business owners. Clientelevision.
- Online Nolo www
Online legal information, Nolo, along with sales of self-help books and software. Nolo.
- General FreeAdvice.com www
General legal information, FreeAdvice.com, organized topically for over 100 legal topics. FreeAdvice.com.
- Providing GotTrouble.com www
Providing basic legal information, GotTrouble.com, and directories of professionals and service providers. GotTrouble.com.
- Canadian Duhaime.org www
Canadian legal information and resources. Duhaime.org.
- Links Brown Act www
Links relating to California's open meeting law. Brown Act.
- Links ABA Administrative Procedure Database www
Links to federal and state Administrative Procedure Acts, Administrative Procedure Database, reform proposals, and organizational and other resources, from the ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice and the Florida State University College of Law. ABA Administrative Procedure Database.
- The UCT Marine & Shipping Law www
The Marine and Shipping Law site of the Faculty of Law of the University of Cape Town. UCT Marine & Shipping Law.
- Public International Maritime Organization www
Public documents, Maritime Organization, circulars, and information. International Maritime Organization.
- Resources Federal Aviation Association - International Aviation Safety Assessment www
Resources on safety and regulation. Federal Aviation Association - International Aviation Safety Assessment.
- An Legal Information Institute www
An overview of aviation law with links to key primary and secondary sources, Information Institute, from Cornell Law School. Legal Information Institute.
- Nationwide National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees www
Nationwide Trustee search and information on seminars and events. National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees.
- Information bkinformation.com www
Information for businesses about chapter eleven bankruptcy. bkinformation.com.
- Official Business.gov www
Official business portal of the U. Business.gov.S. government, providing guides and resources that help businesses comply with business laws and government regulations. Business.gov.
- News BusinessWeek - Business Exchange www
News and opinion about the latest developments in business law. BusinessWeek - Business Exchange.
- Legal Legal Forum www
Legal discussion board covering a variety of subjects. Legal Forum.
- Legal LegalCommunity.org www
Legal discussion forum. LegalCommunity.org.
- Alexa: Legal Information Law
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Legal Information Law
- DMOZ: Legal Information Law
dmoz.org Directory: Legal Information Law