This section lists law libraries throughout the world. Although many law libraries are affiliated with universities (i.e. George Mason University), some of these useful institutions are public (i.e. Los Angeles County Law Library). Since many of the law libraries are affiliated with universities, you will find a link to the parent law school. Many of the law library web sites are connected to a DRA or TAOS system that allows the user to search for publications in a traditional card catalog fashion. Law Libraries Law Society.
- Wikipedia: A law library is a special library used by law students, lawyers, judges and their law clerks, historians and other scholars of legal history in order to research the law. Law libraries are also used by people who draft or advocate for new laws, e.g. legislators and others who work in state government, local government, and legislative counsel offices or the U.S. Office of Law Revision Counsel and lobbying professionals. Self-represented litigants also known as pro se litigants will also use law libraries. A law library may contain print, computer assisted legal research, and microform collections of laws in force, session laws, superseded laws, foreign and international law, and other research resources, e.g. continuing legal education resources and legal encyclopedias, legal treatises, and legal history. A law library may also have law librarians who help legal researchers navigate law library collections and who teach legal research.
- American Association of Law Libraries - The American Association of Law Libraries "is a nonprofit educational organization with over 5,000 members nationwide.
- Libraries by subject
- Law libraries
- Legal research
- Located Peace Palace Library www
Located in The Hague, Palace Library, serving the World Court and other international tribunals with major collections of international and comparative law publications. Online catalogue and bibliographies. Peace Palace Library.
- Seeking Law Library Justice Foundation www
Seeking to advance legal knowledge and promote justice for the people of San Diego County, Library Justice Foundation, California. Law Library Justice Foundation.
- Provides Edmonton Law Libraries Association (ELLA) www
Provides information about the association's membership, Law Libraries Association (ELLA), bylaws, and news and events. Edmonton Law Libraries Association (ELLA).
- Provides University of Melbourne Law Library www
Provides quick access to databases and other resources (some are restricted). Melbourne Law Library. Also lists information about document delivery from the library. University of Melbourne Law Library.
- Catalogue, University of Sydney Law Library www
Catalogue, Sydney Law Library, database, resources and borrowing. University of Sydney Law Library.
- Contains Bora Laskin Law Library, University of Toronto www
Contains legal research guides on a variety of topics including International Law, Laskin Law Library, University of Toronto, annotated links to legal resources on the web, and Women's Human Rights Resources. Bora Laskin Law Library, University of Toronto.
- Maintained Electronic Law Library www
Maintained by the Legal Services Society of British Columbia. Electronic Law Library.
- The Temple University Japan Library www
The library at Temple University Japan, University Japan Library, in Tokyo. Temple University Japan Library.
- The National Diet Library www
The library at the National Diet, Diet Library, including the Online Catalog and collections such as a full-text database for the minutes of the Diet. Some material in Japanese. National Diet Library.
- Alexa: Law Libraries Law
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Law Libraries Law
- DMOZ: Law Libraries Law
dmoz.org Directory: Law Libraries Law