Workplace violence has emerged as an important safety issue in today's workplace. Its most extreme form, homicide, is the second leading cause of fatal occupational injury in the United States. Workplace Violence and Abuse Issues Society.
The workplace is the physical location where someone works. Such a place can range from a home-office to a large office building or factory. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A workplace is a location where someone works for his or her employer, a place of employment. Such a place can range from a home office to a large office building or factory. For industrialized societies, the workplace is one of the most important social spaces other than the home, constituting "a central concept for several entities: the worker and his/her family, the employing organization, the customers of the organization, and the society as a whole". The development of new communication technologies have led to the development of the virtual workplace, a workplace that is not located in any one physical space.
- Workplace Category
- Corporation - A corporation is a company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity and recognized as such in law. Early incorporated entities were established by charter. Most jurisdictions now allow the creation of new corporations through registration.
- Employment - Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for, where one party, which may be a corporation, for profit, not-for-profit organization, co-operative or other entity is the employer and the other is the employee.
- Factory - A factory or manufacturing plant is an industrial site, usually consisting of buildings and machinery, or more commonly a complex having several buildings, where workers manufacture goods or operate machines processing one product into another.
- Office - An office is generally a room or other area where administrative work is done by an organizations users in order to support and realize objects and goals of the organization.
- Organization - An organization or organisation is an entity comprising multiple people, such as an institution or an association, that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment. The word is derived from the Greek word organon, which means "organ".
- Whistleblower - A whistleblower is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity that is deemed illegal, unethical, or not correct within an organization that is either private or public.
- Consulting Crisis Solutions, Inc. www
Consulting and preparing employee assistance programs. Solutions, Inc.. Consultants are therapists and business specialists in trauma, violence, sexual harassment in the workplace. Crisis Solutions, Inc..
- Open Open Site - Workplace Violence and Abuse www
Open encyclopedia article about workplace violence and abuse. Open Site - Workplace Violence and Abuse.
- National Violence in the Workplace www
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health publication discussing Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies of workplace violence. Violence in the Workplace.
- The Preventing Homicide in the Workplace www
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) article using statistics on workplace homicides to identify high-risk workplaces and occupations. Homicide in the Workplace. (NIOSH) Publication No. 93-109) Preventing Homicide in the Workplace.
- Intended Dealing with Workplace Violence - A Guide for Agency Planners www
Intended to assist those who are responsible for establishing workplace violence initiatives at their agencies. with Workplace Violence - A Guide for Agency Planners. HTML and pdf formats available. Dealing with Workplace Violence - A Guide for Agency Planners.
- By Building a Workplace Violence Plan www
By John Brenner and Betsy Summerfield, Workplace Violence Plan, VCCA Journal, from the summer of 1996. Building a Workplace Violence Plan.
- An Stripclubs According to Strippers: Exposing Workplace Sexual Violence www
An investigation of women's experiences in stripclubs related to physical and sexual violence. According to Strippers: Exposing Workplace Sexual Violence. The article examines the conditions, organization structure of the industry, and typical interactions with customers. Stripclubs According to Strippers: Exposing Workplace Sexual Violence.
- Center National Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence www
Center for research, Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence, consulting, training, and communication aregarding occupational violence prevention. National Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence.
- Worldwide JFO - Targeting Workplace Bullying www
Worldwide community project dedicated to helping and promoting targets of workplace bullying. JFO - Targeting Workplace Bullying.
- This Workplace Violence...at the Office? www
This site discusses the recent trends of violence in office settings and what steps can be reasonabley taken to prevent it. Violence...at the Office?. Workplace Violence...at the Office?.
- Contains Braun Consulting Group www
Contains 16 links to articles and other resources with information about workplace violence. Braun Consulting Group.
- CPI Crisis Prevention Institute Home Page www
CPI offers training in the safe management of disruptive and assaultive behavior, Prevention Institute Home Page, as well as other topics. Crisis Prevention Institute Home Page.
- The SafetyLine - Online www
The site has a fully searchable database of resources, Online, solutions, practices, news, Australian law, and information on workplace violence. SafetyLine - Online.
- UPI Narcissism in the Boardroom www
UPI series of articles about bullying in the workplace committed by narcissistic managers. Narcissism in the Boardroom.
- Consultancy Aegis www
Consultancy and training provider in the area of workplace violence. Aegis.
- Contains Mass Murder and the Postal Purges www
Contains commentary by Fred Dungan. Mass Murder and the Postal Purges.
- Facts, Workplace Bully www
Facts, Bully, recommended reading, and handling tips regarding workplace bullying, abuse, and discrimination. Workplace Bully.
- Information Tackling 'people problems' in the workplace: human resource trouble-shooting services www
Information and advice on 'people problems' in the workplace - stress, 'people problems' in the workplace: human resource trouble-shooting services, discrimination, bullying and harassment, conflict, and poor teamwork. Tackling 'people problems' in the workplace: human resource trouble-shooting services.
- Research Campaign Against Workplace Bullying, U.S.A. & Canada www
Research and advocacy on the issue. Campaign Against Workplace Bullying, U.S.A. & Canada.
- Information Work Trauma www
Information about workplace bullying, Trauma, abuse, mobbing and harassment. Work Trauma.
- Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission www
Federal agency in charge of administrative and judicial enforcement of the federal civil rights laws, Employment Opportunity Commission, and providing compliance education and technical assistance. Find facts about employment discrimination, filing a charge, small business information, enforcement and litigation, and the use of ADR in employment disputes. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- An Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration of South Africa www
An independent statutory body, for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration of South Africa, providing information on good labour practice. Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration of South Africa.
- Health Work Related Violence www
Health and Safety Executive mini-site; includes information on legislation, Related Violence, statistics, their programmes, publications, and links. Work Related Violence.
- Offers Workplace Bullying, Stress, Employment Law and You www
Offers advice and resources on workplace bullying, Bullying, Stress, Employment Law and You, harassment, employment law and industrial stress. Includes articles, advice for employers and trade unions, and a message board. Workplace Bullying, Stress, Employment Law and You.
- Archive Working Stiff www
Archive materials from ezine to help working people put in fewer hours for more pay and occasionally win arguments with the boss. Stiff. Features diaries, stories, columns, forums, and other resources. Working Stiff.
- A Custodial Worker's Resource www
A worker's resource for custodial, Worker's Resource, janitorial, maintenance workers and other service professionals. Included are a message board, information on safety, floor care, maintenance and unions. Custodial Worker's Resource.
- Illustrates The Scapegoat Society www
Illustrates the dynamics of scapegoating and how to neutralize it. Scapegoat Society. For scapegoaters' targets and students of scapegoating psychology. The Scapegoat Society.
- Online Power-Under: Trauma and Nonviolent Social Change www
Online book about connections between oppression, Trauma and Nonviolent Social Change, trauma, and internalized powerlessness, with strategies for breaking cycles of violence. Power-Under: Trauma and Nonviolent Social Change.
- Alexa: Workplace Violence and Abuse
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Workplace Violence and Abuse
- DMOZ: Workplace Violence and Abuse
dmoz.org Directory: Workplace Violence and Abuse