Workplace violence has emerged as an important safety issue in today's workplace. Its most extreme form, homicide, is the second leading cause of fatal occupational injury in the United States. Workplace Violence and Abuse Issues Society.
The workplace is the physical location where someone works. Such a place can range from a home-office to a large office building or factory. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A workplace is a location where someone works for his or her employer, a place of employment. Such a place can range from a home office to a large office building or factory. For industrialized societies, the workplace is one of the most important social spaces other than the home, constituting "a central concept for several entities: the worker and his/her family, the employing organization, the customers of the organization, and the society as a whole". The development of new communication technologies have led to the development of the virtual workplace, a workplace that is not located in any one physical space.
- Workplace Category
- Corporation - A corporation is a company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity and recognized as such in law. Early incorporated entities were established by charter. Most jurisdictions now allow the creation of new corporations through registration.
- Employment - Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for, where one party, which may be a corporation, for profit, not-for-profit organization, co-operative or other entity is the employer and the other is the employee.
- Factory - A factory or manufacturing plant is an industrial site, usually consisting of buildings and machinery, or more commonly a complex having several buildings, where workers manufacture goods or operate machines processing one product into another.
- Office - An office is generally a room or other area where administrative work is done by an organizations users in order to support and realize objects and goals of the organization.
- Organization - An organization or organisation is an entity comprising multiple people, such as an institution or an association, that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment. The word is derived from the Greek word organon, which means "organ".
- Whistleblower - A whistleblower is a person who exposes any kind of information or activity that is deemed illegal, unethical, or not correct within an organization that is either private or public.
- Worldwide JFO - Targeting Workplace Bullying www
Worldwide community project dedicated to helping and promoting targets of workplace bullying. JFO - Targeting Workplace Bullying.
- An Stripclubs According to Strippers: Exposing Workplace Sexual Violence www
An investigation of women's experiences in stripclubs related to physical and sexual violence. According to Strippers: Exposing Workplace Sexual Violence. The article examines the conditions, organization structure of the industry, and typical interactions with customers. Stripclubs According to Strippers: Exposing Workplace Sexual Violence.
- Intended Dealing with Workplace Violence - A Guide for Agency Planners www
Intended to assist those who are responsible for establishing workplace violence initiatives at their agencies. with Workplace Violence - A Guide for Agency Planners. HTML and pdf formats available. Dealing with Workplace Violence - A Guide for Agency Planners.
- Information Tackling 'people problems' in the workplace: human resource trouble-shooting services www
Information and advice on 'people problems' in the workplace - stress, 'people problems' in the workplace: human resource trouble-shooting services, discrimination, bullying and harassment, conflict, and poor teamwork. Tackling 'people problems' in the workplace: human resource trouble-shooting services.
- By Building a Workplace Violence Plan www
By John Brenner and Betsy Summerfield, Workplace Violence Plan, VCCA Journal, from the summer of 1996. Building a Workplace Violence Plan.
- Consulting Crisis Solutions, Inc. www
Consulting and preparing employee assistance programs. Solutions, Inc.. Consultants are therapists and business specialists in trauma, violence, sexual harassment in the workplace. Crisis Solutions, Inc..
- The Preventing Homicide in the Workplace www
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) article using statistics on workplace homicides to identify high-risk workplaces and occupations. Homicide in the Workplace. (NIOSH) Publication No. 93-109) Preventing Homicide in the Workplace.
- National Violence in the Workplace www
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health publication discussing Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies of workplace violence. Violence in the Workplace.
- Consultancy Aegis www
Consultancy and training provider in the area of workplace violence. Aegis.
- Contains Mass Murder and the Postal Purges www
Contains commentary by Fred Dungan. Mass Murder and the Postal Purges.
- Contains Braun Consulting Group www
Contains 16 links to articles and other resources with information about workplace violence. Braun Consulting Group.
- CPI Crisis Prevention Institute Home Page www
CPI offers training in the safe management of disruptive and assaultive behavior, Prevention Institute Home Page, as well as other topics. Crisis Prevention Institute Home Page.
- Facts, Workplace Bully www
Facts, Bully, recommended reading, and handling tips regarding workplace bullying, abuse, and discrimination. Workplace Bully.
- This Workplace Violence...at the Office? www
This site discusses the recent trends of violence in office settings and what steps can be reasonabley taken to prevent it. Violence...at the Office?. Workplace Violence...at the Office?.
- UPI Narcissism in the Boardroom www
UPI series of articles about bullying in the workplace committed by narcissistic managers. Narcissism in the Boardroom.
- Open Open Site - Workplace Violence and Abuse www
Open encyclopedia article about workplace violence and abuse. Open Site - Workplace Violence and Abuse.
- The SafetyLine - Online www
The site has a fully searchable database of resources, Online, solutions, practices, news, Australian law, and information on workplace violence. SafetyLine - Online.
- Center National Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence www
Center for research, Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence, consulting, training, and communication aregarding occupational violence prevention. National Institute for the Prevention of Workplace Violence.
- Rankism Breaking Ranks www
Rankism deals with the abuse of rank in organizations. Ranks. Learn about rank abuse and join the dignitarian movement. Bulletin board facilities are also available on this site. Breaking Ranks.
- Research Campaign Against Workplace Bullying, U.S.A. & Canada www
Research and advocacy on the issue. Campaign Against Workplace Bullying, U.S.A. & Canada.
- Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission www
Federal agency in charge of administrative and judicial enforcement of the federal civil rights laws, Employment Opportunity Commission, and providing compliance education and technical assistance. Find facts about employment discrimination, filing a charge, small business information, enforcement and litigation, and the use of ADR in employment disputes. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- An Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration of South Africa www
An independent statutory body, for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration of South Africa, providing information on good labour practice. Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration of South Africa.
- Health Work Related Violence www
Health and Safety Executive mini-site; includes information on legislation, Related Violence, statistics, their programmes, publications, and links. Work Related Violence.
- Offers Workplace Bullying, Stress, Employment Law and You www
Offers advice and resources on workplace bullying, Bullying, Stress, Employment Law and You, harassment, employment law and industrial stress. Includes articles, advice for employers and trade unions, and a message board. Workplace Bullying, Stress, Employment Law and You.
- Companion Where We Work www
Companion site to the CBC Radio program exploring the world of work. Work. Includes essays, audio, and online forums on a variety of topics. Where We Work.
- Quotations, Work Website www
Quotations, Website, stories, disccussions, articles, and humour about work. Work Website.
- Assists The Violence Institute Of New Jersey At UMNDJ www
Assists New Jersey in addressing the unacceptably high rates of violence statewide. The Violence Institute Of New Jersey At UMNDJ.
- Offers Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse (MINCAVA) www
Offers information and resources on violence and various types of abuse. Center Against Violence and Abuse (MINCAVA). Provides links to related resources, including information about child abuse, domestic violence, violence against women, and elder abuse. Minnesota Center Against Violence and Abuse (MINCAVA).
- Alexa: Workplace Violence and Abuse
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Workplace Violence and Abuse
- DMOZ: Workplace Violence and Abuse
dmoz.org Directory: Workplace Violence and Abuse