Transportation, whether you like it or not, is one of the "driving" forces that alters lives, cultures, and the landscape. If you walk, swim, ride, drive or fly then you should be interested in this integral aspect of your life. Transportation Issues Society.
Transport or transportation is the movement of people, animals and goods from one location to another. (wikipedia)
- Transportation The movement of people, animals and goods from one location to another. Modes of transport...
- Penal transportation The sending of convicted criminals or other persons regarded as undesirable to a penal colony.
- Sediment transport The movement of solid particles, typically due to a combination of gravity acting on the sediment...
- Transportation (journal) A peer-reviewed academic journal of research in transportation, published by Springer...
- Transportation theory (mathematics) A name given to the study of optimal transportation and allocation of resources.
- Transportation theory (psychology) Narrative transportation theory proposes that when people lose themselves in a story, their...
- Transport Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Transport'.
- Operation Lifesaver Inc. www
A nationwide, Lifesaver Inc., non-profit public information program dedicated to reducing collisions, injuries and fatalities at highway-rail crossings and on railroad rights-of-way.
- Transportation TRIS Online www
Transportation Research Information Services Online, Online, a database produced and maintained by the USDOT Bureau of Transportation and the Transportation Research Board at the National Academy of Sciences. TRIS Online.
- Transportation Institute of Transportation Studies www
Transportation studies at University of California-Berkeley and the other campuses in the UC system. Institute of Transportation Studies.
- Includes Community Transportation Association of America www
Includes federal and legislative updates, Transportation Association of America, magazine, employment opportunities, current programs and articles. Community Transportation Association of America.
- Political Bad Subjects: Traffic www
Political commentary on modern transportation issues. Bad Subjects: Traffic.
- An Urban Mobility Study www
An annual statistical report on the extent and performance of the roadway systems in 68 U. Mobility Study.S. cities, with data from several decades. Urban Mobility Study.
- A TransOptions www
A non-profit transportation group servicing Northern New Jersey. TransOptions. Includes commuter options, information, partner companies and special projects. TransOptions.
- A Centre for Independent Transport (CILT) www
A research and resource unit concerned with socially and environmentally sustainable urban transport. for Independent Transport (CILT). Includes their work, publications, a magazine, links and contact information. Centre for Independent Transport (CILT).
- Collection TransAct www
Collection of information and resources about making communities more livable and helping the environment through innovative transportation projects and initiatives. TransAct.
- Online NAS/NRC Reports: Transportation www
Online access to topical reports by the National Academy of Sciences and National Research Council. NAS/NRC Reports: Transportation.
- Works Wendell Cox Consultancy and The Public Purpose www
Works to facilitate the ideal of government as the servant of the people by identifying and implementing strategies to achieve public purposes at a cost that is no higher than necessary. Cox Consultancy and The Public Purpose. Emphasis is on transportation issues. Wendell Cox Consultancy and The Public Purpose.
- Promotes Transportation Research Board www
Promotes innovation and progress in transportation through research. Research Board. The Board fulfills this mission through the work of some 200 standing technical committees and task forces that address all modes and aspects of transportation. Transportation Research Board.
- A Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive www
A collection of travel and trip surveys compiled by the University of Minnesota. Metropolitan Travel Survey Archive.
- "Founded Center for Neighborhood Technology www
"Founded in 1978, for Neighborhood Technology, CNT develops creative strategies for making cities and their surrounding areas work for everyone, environmentally and economically". Transport and sustainable development. Center for Neighborhood Technology.
- A International Bicycle Fund www
A non-governmental, Bicycle Fund, nonprofit organization, promoting sustainable transport worldwide and international understanding. Major areas of activity are non-motorized, urban planning, sustainable environment, economic development, safety education, responsible tourism and cross-cultural, educational travel. Geographic focus: Africa, Asia, Cuba and South America. International Bicycle Fund.
- Vancouver, Better Environmentally Sound Transportation (BEST) www
Vancouver, Environmentally Sound Transportation (BEST), British Columbia organization involved with alternative transportation issues and related educational and community projects. Event and project information, description of programs and services, and current news included. Better Environmentally Sound Transportation (BEST).
- An Reclaim the Streets - Away With All Cars www
An open letter to all motorists, the Streets - Away With All Cars, from Mr. Social Control. Reclaim the Streets - Away With All Cars.
- Describes Politics and Plane Crashes www
Describes a four-year investigation into three plane crashes TWA 800, and Plane Crashes, Pan Am 103 and Air India 182. Introduces the "Plane Truth" book of the author. Politics and Plane Crashes.
- A Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Australia www
A guide for airline passengers to help them fly safely. Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Australia.
- A Smart Growth BC www
A non-profit society that works to limit sprawl in British Columbia. Growth BC. Includes case studies, examples and local news. Smart Growth BC.
- Information Scenic America www
Information and resources from an advocacy organization that wants to protect the scenic qualities of communities and roadways. Scenic America.
- Advocates National Corridors Initiative www
Advocates for rail initiatives, Corridors Initiative, and high speed rail. Weekly newsletter. National Corridors Initiative.
- The World Transport Policy and Practice www
The only practically-oriented journal dealing with the major issues in a field of international concern. Transport Policy and Practice. WTP&P deals in an informed and evenhanded manner with quality of the transport service, of the environment, of daily life and of material published. (An electronic edition is now in preparation.) World Transport Policy and Practice.
- Organization Missouri-Kansas Rail Passenger Coalition www
Organization of concerned citizens working to develop a more balanced transportation system, Rail Passenger Coalition, taking into account economic, environmental and social factors. Downloadable flyer, sample letter, news, and fact sheet. Missouri-Kansas Rail Passenger Coalition.
- An BayRail Alliance www
An all-volunteer transit consumer group working to promote an upgraded and expanded Caltrain system to serve the San Francisco Peninsula and San Jose-East Bay corridors. Alliance. Includes articles on what Bay Area rail priorities should be, upgrading Caltrain, the proposed Caltrain extension to downtown SF, status of these and other Caltrain improvements. BayRail Alliance.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Transportation Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Transportation Issues
- DMOZ: Transportation Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Transportation Issues