Movements for political separation from one sovereign country to form a new one or to transfer territory from one sovereign state to another. More generally, movements that seek greater regional or local autonomy. Territorial Disputes Issues Society.
Territorial disputes are often related to the possession of natural resources such as rivers, fertile farmland, mineral or oil kantutan sa baybayin want lang resources although the disputes can also be driven by culture, and ethnic nationalism. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A territorial dispute is a disagreement over the possession/control of land between two or more territorial entities or over the possession or control of land, usually between a new state and the occupying power.
- Frozen conflict - In international relations, a frozen conflict is a situation in which active armed conflict has been brought to an end, but no peace treaty or other political framework resolves the conflict to the satisfaction of the combatants.
- Status quo ante bellum - The term status quo ante bellum is a Latin phrase meaning "the state existing before the war".
- Thalweg - In geography and fluvial geomorphology, a thalweg or talweg is the line of lowest elevation within a valley or watercourse.
- Territorial disputes in the South China Sea
- Territorial disputes in the Persian Gulf - This article deals with territorial disputes between states of in and around the Persian Gulf in Southwestern Asia. These states include Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Oman.
- Territorial disputes of Nicaragua - Territorial disputes of Nicaragua include the territorial dispute with Colombia over the Archipelago de San Andres y Providencia and Quita Sueno Bank. Nicaragua also has a maritime boundary dispute with Honduras in the Caribbean Sea and a boundary dispute over the Rio San Juan with Costa Rica.
- Territorial disputes
- Basta Ya www
Enough is Enough, Ya, civic Initiative against terrorism
- An Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organisation (UNPO) www
An international organisation created by unrecognised nations and peoples around the world who are not represented as such in the world's principal international organisations, Nations and Peoples Organisation (UNPO), such as the United Nations. Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organisation (UNPO).
- Examines A region of simmering conflicts www
Examines territorial conflicts along the route of the proposed Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline, region of simmering conflicts, which is planned to run through Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. A region of simmering conflicts.
- Anarchist Temporary Autonomous Zones www
Anarchist Hakim Bey's essay on ephemeral states in history and their political significance. Temporary Autonomous Zones.
- Located International Boundaries Research Unit www
Located at the University of Durham. Boundaries Research Unit. A source of information on boundary and territorial issues around the world. International Boundaries Research Unit.
- Reviews The Ethics of Secession www
Reviews secession issues in relation to democracy and nationalism. The Ethics of Secession.
- Radical www.secession.net www
Radical libertarian project to create a worldwide secessionist network. www.secession.net. Offers information on methods and strategies of nonviolent action. www.secession.net.
- The Voice of Abkhazia www
The official radio station of the de facto government. Voice of Abkhazia.
- Decision Ceasefire Document www
Decision on the presence of CIS peace-keeping forces in the zone of conflict in Abkhazia, Document, Georgia. Ceasefire Document.
- Information Free Aceh Movement www
Information on the movement for the independence of Sumatra, Aceh Movement, including several documents/statements issued by the movement or people associated with it. Free Aceh Movement.
- Article FAS: Free Aceh Movement www
Article from the Federation of American Scientists on Aceh and Free Aceh (Aceh Merdeka) the Free Aceh Movement [Gerakin Aceh Merdeka (GAM)] and the Aceh Security Disturbance Movement (GPK). FAS: Free Aceh Movement.
- Examinaion India - China www
Examinaion of relations and conflicts between India and China since the 1950s. India - China.
- An Lessons from an ancient culture www
An interview with Helena Norberg-Hodge, from an ancient culture, about her work in a pristine, ancient Himalayan culture as it faced the siren song of western-style development. Lessons from an ancient culture.
- Platform, Alaskan Independence Party www
Platform, Independence Party, goals, membership, convention, history, bylaws, meetings, forum, polls, issues, treaties, statehood, primer, and Joe Vogler memorial. Alaskan Independence Party.
- Wikipedia Alaskan Independence Party www
Wikipedia article describes the party's history and goals. Alaskan Independence Party.
- Declaration Sep 29/98: Message from Aotearoa Liberation Movement www
Sep 29/98: Message from Aotearoa Liberation Movement.
- Euskadi Encyclopedia: Euskadi Ta Askatasuna www
Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, Euskadi Ta Askatasuna, description. Encyclopedia: Euskadi Ta Askatasuna.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Territorial Disputes Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Territorial Disputes Issues
- DMOZ: Territorial Disputes Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Territorial Disputes Issues