The issues raised by modern science and technology Science and Technology Issues Society.
Science :58 is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Science and technology is a topic that encompasses science, technology, and the interactions between the two. Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of explanations and predictions about nature and the universe. Technology is the collection of techniques, methods or processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation, or any other consumer demands.
- Science and technology Category
- How The Impact Of Technology www
How the second Industrial Revolution ( miniaturisation and artificial intelligence) is relentlessly stagnating and impoverishing our community. The Impact Of Technology.
- Interactive Fathom www
Interactive knowledge organization, Fathom, combining major world wide universities who manage this searchable database. Project is presently launching. Fathom.
- News, Government Technology www
News, Technology, publications, conferences, and case studies about using technology in state and local government. Government Technology.
- Non-profit The Loka Institute www
Non-profit research and advocacy organization concerned with the social, Loka Institute, political, and environmental repercussions of research, science and technology. The Loka Institute.
- A Potomac Institute www
A not-for-profit public policy research institute located in Arlington, Institute, Virginia and focusing on key science and technology issues facing society. Potomac Institute.
- Explores Scientists For Global Responsibility www
Explores the ethical dimension of scientific research and technology: ethical controversies, For Global Responsibility, global energy and resource issues, alternative technologies, and global population and consumption. Scientists For Global Responsibility.
- The Technology Watch Centre www
The Technology Watch Center (TWC) an organization within the National Science Foundation under the auspices of the Science and Technology Personnel Development Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology. Technology Watch Centre.
- Provides Information Policy www
Provides daily news about information policy in the world. Policy. Categories include governance, e-learning and education, technology, and research. Information Policy.
- British Africa in a High-Technology Millennium www
British Broadcasting Corporation interviews Nigerian computer and Internet pioneer, a High-Technology Millennium, Philip Emeagwali, on what science and technology can do for Africa in the Information Age. Africa in a High-Technology Millennium.
- Basic About Biotech www
Basic information about how biotechnology works and how it is used. Biotech. An excellent learning tool. About Biotech.
- Site Whybiotech www
Site contains information about the benefits of biotechnology as well as daily news about the biotechnology debate. Whybiotech.
- Background Protecting cell phone users' privacy www
Background and context of debate over the sale of cell phone call records. Protecting cell phone users' privacy.
- Explains Cell Phones and Telemarketing www
Explains current status of a cell phones directory. Cell Phones and Telemarketing.
- A Computers in Developing Countries www
A working group of the International Federation for Information Processing -- background details, Developing Countries, discussion papers, and abstracts. Computers in Developing Countries.
- Annual Computers, Freedom and Privacy www
Annual conference. Computers, Freedom and Privacy.
- A Solcomhouse www
A wide range of environmental and other topics presented, Solcomhouse, contains articles and photographs. Subjects include: Antarctica, electricity, climate change, el nino, coral reefs and the ozone hole. Solcomhouse.
- Links, Dieoff.com www
Links, Dieoff.com, articles, and information on overpopulation, energy usage, climate change, and other issues. Dieoff.com.
- Resources Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's ELSI Project www
Resources for middle and high school students on ethical issues in the sciences. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's ELSI Project.
- The International Review of Information Ethics www
The Journal of the International Center of Information Ethics is published twice a year with the focus on intercultural information ethics. International Review of Information Ethics.
- Industry Agrifood Awareness Australia www
Industry initiative, Awareness Australia, established to increase public awareness of, and encourage informed debate about, gene technology. Agrifood Awareness Australia.
- A Eubios Ethics Institute www
A non-profit group founded by Darryl Macer in Christchurch, Ethics Institute, New Zealand and in Tsukuba Science City, Japan. Site provides links, general information and conference abstracts. Eubios Ethics Institute.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Science and Technology Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Science and Technology Issues
- DMOZ: Science and Technology Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Science and Technology Issues