The issues raised by modern science and technology Science and Technology Issues Society.
Science :58 is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Science and technology is a topic that encompasses science, technology, and the interactions between the two. Science is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of explanations and predictions about nature and the universe. Technology is the collection of techniques, methods or processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives, such as scientific investigation, or any other consumer demands.
- Science and technology Category
- Interactive Fathom www
Interactive knowledge organization, Fathom, combining major world wide universities who manage this searchable database. Project is presently launching. Fathom.
- Non-profit The Loka Institute www
Non-profit research and advocacy organization concerned with the social, Loka Institute, political, and environmental repercussions of research, science and technology. The Loka Institute.
- Provides Information Policy www
Provides daily news about information policy in the world. Policy. Categories include governance, e-learning and education, technology, and research. Information Policy.
- The Technology Watch Centre www
The Technology Watch Center (TWC) an organization within the National Science Foundation under the auspices of the Science and Technology Personnel Development Project of the Ministry of Science and Technology. Technology Watch Centre.
- How The Impact Of Technology www
How the second Industrial Revolution ( miniaturisation and artificial intelligence) is relentlessly stagnating and impoverishing our community. The Impact Of Technology.
- News, Government Technology www
News, Technology, publications, conferences, and case studies about using technology in state and local government. Government Technology.
- A Potomac Institute www
A not-for-profit public policy research institute located in Arlington, Institute, Virginia and focusing on key science and technology issues facing society. Potomac Institute.
- Explores Scientists For Global Responsibility www
Explores the ethical dimension of scientific research and technology: ethical controversies, For Global Responsibility, global energy and resource issues, alternative technologies, and global population and consumption. Scientists For Global Responsibility.
- British Africa in a High-Technology Millennium www
British Broadcasting Corporation interviews Nigerian computer and Internet pioneer, a High-Technology Millennium, Philip Emeagwali, on what science and technology can do for Africa in the Information Age. Africa in a High-Technology Millennium.
- Site Whybiotech www
Site contains information about the benefits of biotechnology as well as daily news about the biotechnology debate. Whybiotech.
- Treatise The Wired Society www
Treatise and thinking points regarding biotechnology and paradise engineering. The Wired Society.
- Study Study: Some Public Cell Phone Chats OK www
Study shows attitudes are changing toward public cell phone use. Some Public Cell Phone Chats OK. Survey's 2000 respondents weigh in on use while driving, in restaurants, movie theaters, and other places. Study: Some Public Cell Phone Chats OK.
- Abstract Cellular Radiotelephones and Privacy www
Abstract with link to full text of Canadian Radiocommunication Act. Cellular Radiotelephones and Privacy.
- Annual Computers, Freedom and Privacy www
Annual conference. Computers, Freedom and Privacy.
- A Computers in Developing Countries www
A working group of the International Federation for Information Processing -- background details, Developing Countries, discussion papers, and abstracts. Computers in Developing Countries.
- Information Yahoo! Green www
Information on global warming and living green, Green, including tools to calculate your carbon footprint and to make your own plans to save the planet. Yahoo! Green.
- Works Zerofootprint www
Works to link millions of people from across the globe engaged in sustainable commerce, Zerofootprint, and helping to inform people, who want to strive toward a more sustainable lifestyle. Zerofootprint.
- Outlines Hedonistic Imperative www
Outlines how genetic engineering and nanotechnology will abolish suffering in all sentient life. Hedonistic Imperative.
- An Ethics in Science www
An essay on the scientific method (or lack thereof) and the consequences of misconduct in science by Henry Bauer. Ethics in Science.
- A Counterbalance.org: Genetics and Ethics www
A Christian site that attempts to address the ethical, Genetics and Ethics, religious, and moral issues raised by a broad range of applications of genetics research. Counterbalance.org: Genetics and Ethics.
- By Genetic Engineering - Paradise on Earth or a Descent into Hell? www
By Keith Parkins. Engineering - Paradise on Earth or a Descent into Hell?. Long article, with a huge list of references at the end. Genetic Engineering - Paradise on Earth or a Descent into Hell?.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Science and Technology Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Science and Technology Issues
- DMOZ: Science and Technology Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Science and Technology Issues