This section is to help guide net users to send their submissions to the proper regional area. Please use the appropriate @link to the proper section. Regional Issues Society.
In geography, regions are areas broadly divided by physical characteristics ( physical geography ), human impact characteristics ( human geography ), and the interaction of humanity and the environment ( environmental geography ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: In geography, regions are areas that are broadly divided by physical characteristics, human impact characteristics, and the interaction of humanity and the environment. Geographic regions and sub-regions are mostly described by their imprecisely defined, and sometimes transitory boundaries, except in human geography, where jurisdiction areas such as national borders are defined in law.
- Autonomous region - An autonomous administrative division is a subdivision or dependent territory of a country that has a degree of self-governance, or autonomy, from an external authority. Typically, it is either geographically distinct from the rest of the country or populated by a national minority.
- Committee of the Regions - The European Committee of the Regions is the European Union's assembly of local and regional representatives that provides sub-national authorities with a direct voice within the EU's institutional framework.
- Continent - A continent is one of several very large landmasses of the world. Generally identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, up to seven regions are commonly regarded as continents.
- Continental fragment - Continental crustal fragments, partially synonymous with microcontinents, are fragments of continents that have been broken off from main continental masses forming distinct islands, often several hundred kilometers from their place of origin.
- Euroregion - In European politics, the term Euroregion usually refers to a transnational co-operation structure between two contiguous territories located in different European countries. Euroregions represent a specific type of cross-border region.
- Military district - Military districts are formations of a state's armed forces which are responsible for a certain area of territory. They are often more responsible for administrative than operational matters, and in countries with conscript forces, often handle parts of the conscription cycle.
- Regional geography
- Geography terminology
- Types of country subdivisions
- Interview The Flight of African Financial and Intellectual Capital www
Interview with Philip Emeagwali on corruption, Flight of African Financial and Intellectual Capital, military dictators and the flight of "intellectual capital" to the West, and the flight of money from Africa to Swiss banks. The Flight of African Financial and Intellectual Capital.
- Ongoing BBC News - In Depth: Africa Food Crisis www
Ongoing news and analysis about the drought and politics behind the famine in Africa. News - In Depth: Africa Food Crisis. Includes reports by region, aid worker's diary, pictures, audio, video and discussion forum. BBC News - In Depth: Africa Food Crisis.
- Contains South Asia Intelligence Review www
Contains regular data, Asia Intelligence Review, assessments, news brief on terrorism, insurrections and sub-conventional warfare, counter-terrorism policies, as well as related economic, political, and social issues in the region. South Asia Intelligence Review.
- A Mission and Justice www
A newsletter published by the Australasian Province of the Dominican Friars on behalf of the Justice and Peace co-promoters for the Dominican Family of the regional Asia-Pacific area. Mission and Justice.
- Center International Tribunal on Genocide in Central America www
Center For World Indigenous Studies draft plan of action for establishment of a tribunal. International Tribunal on Genocide in Central America.
- Links Third World Traveller www
Links to magazine articles and book excerpts that offer an alternative view of the impact of the policies of the United States government on Central America. Third World Traveller.
- An CBC News - Indepth: Middle East www
An indepth examination of the history, News - Indepth: Middle East, people and places of the Middle East, including links to video footage, current news and analysis. CBC News - Indepth: Middle East.
- Providers Tactical Report www
Providers of intelligence on Middle East issues. Tactical Report.
- Politically Witness for Peace www
Politically independent grassroots organization with a mission is to support peace, for Peace, justice and sustainable economies in the Americas by changing US policies and corporate practices in Latin America and the Caribbean. Witness for Peace.
- Aerial Uncontacted Tribes: Amazon Tribe www
Aerial film footage of an uncontacted tribe on the Brazil-Peru border. Tribes: Amazon Tribe. Includes news, photographs, and a petition to ask the government to protect the tribe. Uncontacted Tribes: Amazon Tribe.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Regional Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Regional Issues
- DMOZ: Regional Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Regional Issues