Issues related to property owners' rights, particularly in relationship to the actions of governments such as eminent domain, regulatory takings and civil asset forfeiture. Property Rights Issues Society.
The right to property or right to own property (cf. ownership ) is often classified as a human right for natural persons regarding their possessions. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The right to property or right to own property is often classified as a human right for natural persons regarding their possessions. A general recognition of a right to private property is found more rarely and is typically heavily constrained insofar as property is owned by legal persons and where it is used for production rather than consumption.
- Property law - Property law is the area of law that governs the various forms of ownership and tenancy in real property and in personal property, within the common law legal system. In the civil law system, there is a division between movable and immovable property.
- English land law - English land law is the law of real property in England and Wales. Because of its heavy historical and social significance, land is usually seen as the most important part of English property law.
- Property rights (economics) - Property rights are theoretical socially-enforced constructs in economics for determining how a resource or economic good is used and owned. Resources can be owned by individuals, associations or governments. Property rights can be viewed as an attribute of an economic good.
- Married Women's Property Act 1882 - The Married Women's Property Act 1882 was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that significantly altered English law regarding the property rights of married women, which besides other matters allowed married women to own and control property in their own right.
- Human rights by issue
- The International Union of Property Owners (UIPI) www
The International Union defending private real estate property rights worldwide, Union of Property Owners (UIPI), with members from more than 20 European countries, established in 1923. International Union of Property Owners (UIPI).
- A American Land Rights Association www
A grassroots, Land Rights Association, non-profit private property rights/multiple-use advocacy organization. American Land Rights Association.
- Documents Perpetual Confusion www
Documents bureaucratic complacency in Michigan when local administrators ignore zoning and other regulations and confusion legitimizes actions. Perpetual Confusion.
- Opposes The National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO) www
Opposes rail to trail conversions, National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO), with emphasis on cases in Kansas. The National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO).
- A Kitsap Alliance of Property Owners www
A property owners group in Kitsap County, Alliance of Property Owners, Washington, opposing unreasonable government regulation of private property. Kitsap Alliance of Property Owners.
- Throughout British Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction www
Throughout British Columbia tenants are being evicted by greedy landlords eager to take advantage of the hot rental market prices, Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction, using loopholes in the Residential Tenancy Act. British Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction.
- A Property Rights Research www
A coalition of US land and natural resource owners. Rights Research. Tracks coverage of the property rights issue. Property Rights Research.
- An Property Rights Foundation of America www
An advocacy group for private property rights. Rights Foundation of America. Political research, action alerts and analysis. Property Rights Foundation of America.
- A Coalition for Property Rights (CPR) www
A grassroots organization made up of citizens concerned about the erosion of property rights in the US. for Property Rights (CPR). Has a particular emphasis on Florida. Coalition for Property Rights (CPR).
- A Victor Landowners Association www
A resource for landowners on their ownership rights, Landowners Association, and political action the guard land ownership. Victor Landowners Association.
- CAPPPR California Alliance to Protect Private Property Rights www
CAPPPR is a coalition of family farmers, Alliance to Protect Private Property Rights, community and taxpayer advocates committed to exposing the dangers and abuses of eminent domain in California. California Alliance to Protect Private Property Rights.
- A Reforming Property Forfeiture Laws to Protect Citizens' Rights www
A study of asset forfeiture by the Macinac Center, Property Forfeiture Laws to Protect Citizens' Rights, which concludes nine specific reforms are necessary to reduce the unfairness and abuses of the present system. Reforming Property Forfeiture Laws to Protect Citizens' Rights.
- The Justice Management Division: Asset Forfeiture Program www
The primary asset forfeiture pages of the US Department of Justice. Justice Management Division: Asset Forfeiture Program.
- A 8th Day Center for Social Justice www
A multi-issue, Day Center for Social Justice, social justice center supported and staffed by 30 congregations of nuns, priests and brothers which promotes analysis and action. 8th Day Center for Social Justice.
- A Benjamin L. Hooks Institute for Social Change www
A research center dedicated to advancing the understanding and pursuing the goals of the American civil rights movement. Benjamin L. Hooks Institute for Social Change.
- The Intellectual Property Rights Overview www
The W3C's take on intellectual property rights in the Information Age. Intellectual Property Rights Overview.
- A Information Liberation: Against Intellectual Property www
A chapter from the book Information Liberation, Liberation: Against Intellectual Property, written by Brian Martin. Information Liberation: Against Intellectual Property.
- Information The Unclaimed Property Page www
Information about state unclaimed property offices. The Unclaimed Property Page.
- Information Heritage Law www
Information on legal issues surrounding historic buildings, Law, focusing on the European Union. Heritage Law.
- A PASH access law raises many questions www
A rare description of the origin of Native Hawaiian public access rights, access law raises many questions, explicated in the so called PASH case. PASH access law raises many questions.
- A Everyman's Right in Finland www
A description of public use and open access rights to private land in Finland. Everyman's Right in Finland.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Alexa: Property Rights Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Property Rights Issues
- DMOZ: Property Rights Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Property Rights Issues