Issues related to property owners' rights, particularly in relationship to the actions of governments such as eminent domain, regulatory takings and civil asset forfeiture. Property Rights Issues Society.
The right to property or right to own property (cf. ownership ) is often classified as a human right for natural persons regarding their possessions. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The right to property or right to own property is often classified as a human right for natural persons regarding their possessions. A general recognition of a right to private property is found more rarely, and is typically heavily constrained insofar as property is owned by legal persons and where it is used for production rather than consumption.
- Property law - Property law is the area of law that governs the various forms of ownership and tenancy in real property and in personal property, within the common law legal system. In the civil law system, there is a division between movable and immovable property.
- English land law - English land law is the law of real property in England and Wales. Because of its heavy historical and social significance, land is usually seen as the most important part of English property law.
- Property rights (economics) - Property rights are theoretical socially-enforced constructs in economics for determining how a resource or economic good is used and owned. Resources can be owned by individuals, associations or governments. Property rights can be viewed as an attribute of an economic good.
- Married Women's Property Act 1882 - The Married Women's Property Act 1882 was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that significantly altered English law regarding the property rights of married women, which besides other matters allowed married women to own and control property in their own right.
- Human rights by issue
- Throughout British Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction www
Throughout British Columbia tenants are being evicted by greedy landlords eager to take advantage of the hot rental market prices, Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction, using loopholes in the Residential Tenancy Act. British Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction.
- Opposes The National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO) www
Opposes rail to trail conversions, National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO), with emphasis on cases in Kansas. The National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO).
- A Property Rights Research www
A coalition of US land and natural resource owners. Rights Research. Tracks coverage of the property rights issue. Property Rights Research.
- A Coalition for Property Rights (CPR) www
A grassroots organization made up of citizens concerned about the erosion of property rights in the US. for Property Rights (CPR). Has a particular emphasis on Florida. Coalition for Property Rights (CPR).
- A Kitsap Alliance of Property Owners www
A property owners group in Kitsap County, Alliance of Property Owners, Washington, opposing unreasonable government regulation of private property. Kitsap Alliance of Property Owners.
- An Property Rights Foundation of America www
An advocacy group for private property rights. Rights Foundation of America. Political research, action alerts and analysis. Property Rights Foundation of America.
- Documents Perpetual Confusion www
Documents bureaucratic complacency in Michigan when local administrators ignore zoning and other regulations and confusion legitimizes actions. Perpetual Confusion.
- The International Union of Property Owners (UIPI) www
The International Union defending private real estate property rights worldwide, Union of Property Owners (UIPI), with members from more than 20 European countries, established in 1923. International Union of Property Owners (UIPI).
- A American Land Rights Association www
A grassroots, Land Rights Association, non-profit private property rights/multiple-use advocacy organization. American Land Rights Association.
- Information Land Rights www
Information and resources regarding land patents. Land Rights.
- A Castle Coalition www
A national coalition of citizens fighting against eminent domain abuse. Coalition. FAQ, success stories, news and resources. Castle Coalition.
- The Justice Management Division: Asset Forfeiture Program www
The primary asset forfeiture pages of the US Department of Justice. Justice Management Division: Asset Forfeiture Program.
- The American RadioWorks : Corrections Inc. www
The war on drugs took off when police agencies got a new incentive to chase drug offenders: the ability to keep cash and vehicles seized in drug operations. RadioWorks : Corrections Inc.. Critics say asset forfeiture skews police priorities by giving them a monetary stake in the war on drugs. Read, Listen (Real Audio, 19:30 min) American RadioWorks : Corrections Inc..
- Provides HB-Rights.org www
Provides an overview of individual rights, HB-Rights.org, including parent, student, cyber, property and privacy rights. HB-Rights.org.
- Includes Human Rights Education Resource Centre www
Includes searchable databases, Rights Education Resource Centre, full-text education and training materials and interactive distance learning tools on human rights. Human Rights Education Resource Centre.
- An The Mark is the Beast www
An article describing the change in the usage of trademarks, Mark is the Beast, and how it stifles our use of our own language. The Mark is the Beast.
- Professor The Public Domain: Enclosing the Commons of the Mind www
Professor James Boyle's site discussing the balance between intellectual property and the public domain -- including free downloadable versions of his Yale University Press book on the subject. The Public Domain: Enclosing the Commons of the Mind.
- Information Expropriation Law Centre www
Information pertaining to the law of expropriation in Canada. Expropriation Law Centre.
- Provides National Housing Law Project www
Provides legal assistance, Housing Law Project, advocacy advice and housing expertise to legal services, other attorneys and low-income housing advocacy groups. Publishes the Housing Law Bulletin. National Housing Law Project.
- UK Open Access www
UK Countryside Agency's portal on public use rights under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act of 2000. Open Access.
- A PASH access law raises many questions www
A rare description of the origin of Native Hawaiian public access rights, access law raises many questions, explicated in the so called PASH case. PASH access law raises many questions.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Property Rights Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Property Rights Issues
- DMOZ: Property Rights Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Property Rights Issues