Issues related to property owners' rights, particularly in relationship to the actions of governments such as eminent domain, regulatory takings and civil asset forfeiture. Property Rights Issues Society.
The right to property or right to own property (cf. ownership ) is often classified as a human right for natural persons regarding their possessions. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The right to property or right to own property is often classified as a human right for natural persons regarding their possessions. A general recognition of a right to private property is found more rarely, and is typically heavily constrained insofar as property is owned by legal persons and where it is used for production rather than consumption.
- Property law - Property law is the area of law that governs the various forms of ownership and tenancy in real property and in personal property, within the common law legal system. In the civil law system, there is a division between movable and immovable property.
- English land law - English land law is the law of real property in England and Wales. Because of its heavy historical and social significance, land is usually seen as the most important part of English property law.
- Property rights (economics) - Property rights are theoretical socially-enforced constructs in economics for determining how a resource or economic good is used and owned. Resources can be owned by individuals, associations or governments. Property rights can be viewed as an attribute of an economic good.
- Married Women's Property Act 1882 - The Married Women's Property Act 1882 was an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom that significantly altered English law regarding the property rights of married women, which besides other matters allowed married women to own and control property in their own right.
- Human rights by issue
- A Property Rights Research www
A coalition of US land and natural resource owners. Rights Research. Tracks coverage of the property rights issue. Property Rights Research.
- Documents Perpetual Confusion www
Documents bureaucratic complacency in Michigan when local administrators ignore zoning and other regulations and confusion legitimizes actions. Perpetual Confusion.
- The International Union of Property Owners (UIPI) www
The International Union defending private real estate property rights worldwide, Union of Property Owners (UIPI), with members from more than 20 European countries, established in 1923. International Union of Property Owners (UIPI).
- Opposes The National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO) www
Opposes rail to trail conversions, National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO), with emphasis on cases in Kansas. The National Association of Reversionary Property Owners (NARPO).
- An Property Rights Foundation of America www
An advocacy group for private property rights. Rights Foundation of America. Political research, action alerts and analysis. Property Rights Foundation of America.
- A Kitsap Alliance of Property Owners www
A property owners group in Kitsap County, Alliance of Property Owners, Washington, opposing unreasonable government regulation of private property. Kitsap Alliance of Property Owners.
- A American Land Rights Association www
A grassroots, Land Rights Association, non-profit private property rights/multiple-use advocacy organization. American Land Rights Association.
- A Coalition for Property Rights (CPR) www
A grassroots organization made up of citizens concerned about the erosion of property rights in the US. for Property Rights (CPR). Has a particular emphasis on Florida. Coalition for Property Rights (CPR).
- Throughout British Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction www
Throughout British Columbia tenants are being evicted by greedy landlords eager to take advantage of the hot rental market prices, Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction, using loopholes in the Residential Tenancy Act. British Columbia Renters are at Risk of Eviction.
- Organization Virginia Property Rights Coalition www
Organization formed to support just compensation for property taken under Virginia's eminent domain laws. Property Rights Coalition. The site compares Virginia's law to that of other states, discusses recent successes in achieving reform and provides updates on current legislation. Virginia Property Rights Coalition.
- Information Right of Way www
Information on right of way, Way, eminent domain and other issues from an appraisal company. Right of Way.
- The U.S. Marshals Service: Asset Forfeiture Program www
The US Marshals Service explains the goals and benefits of the asset forfeiture program. U.S. Marshals Service: Asset Forfeiture Program.
- The Justice Management Division: Asset Forfeiture Program www
The primary asset forfeiture pages of the US Department of Justice. Justice Management Division: Asset Forfeiture Program.
- Human Human Rights Watch - World Report 2001 www
Human Rights Watch's eleventh annual review of human rights practices around the globe covers developments in 70 countries. Rights Watch - World Report 2001. The report reflects extensive investigative work. Human Rights Watch - World Report 2001.
- A 8th Day Center for Social Justice www
A multi-issue, Day Center for Social Justice, social justice center supported and staffed by 30 congregations of nuns, priests and brothers which promotes analysis and action. 8th Day Center for Social Justice.
- An The Mark is the Beast www
An article describing the change in the usage of trademarks, Mark is the Beast, and how it stifles our use of our own language. The Mark is the Beast.
- Weblog IPKat www
Weblog covering copyright, IPKat, patent, trade mark and privacy/confidentiality issues from a mainly UK and European perspective. IPKat.
- Information Expropriation Law Centre www
Information pertaining to the law of expropriation in Canada. Expropriation Law Centre.
- Articles, Gary Webber - The Property Law Website www
Articles, Webber - The Property Law Website, links, and resources on United Kingdom property law. Gary Webber - The Property Law Website.
- A Everyman's Right in Finland www
A description of public use and open access rights to private land in Finland. Everyman's Right in Finland.
- A PASH access law raises many questions www
A rare description of the origin of Native Hawaiian public access rights, access law raises many questions, explicated in the so called PASH case. PASH access law raises many questions.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Property Rights Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Property Rights Issues
- DMOZ: Property Rights Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Property Rights Issues