Welfare Poverty Issues Society.
Welfare is the provision of a minimal level of well-being and social support for citizens without current means to support basic needs, sometimes referred to as public aid. (wikipedia)
- Welfare A government's support for the poor citizens and residents of society who do not have an...
- Welfare state A concept of government in which the state plays a key role in the protection and promotion of...
- Animal welfare The well-being of animals.
- Economic welfare or Welfare definition of economics, an attempt by the neoclassical economist Alfred Marshall to...
- Corporate welfare A term that analogizes corporate subsidies to welfare payments for the poor.
- Tibetan Welfare Office Acting within the Tibetan Ministry of the Interior and is part of the central Tibetan...
- Works National Center for Law and Economic Justice www
Works with and on behalf of low-income people to ensure that adequate income support -- public funding provided on the basis of need -- is available whenever and to the extent necessary to meet basic needs and foster healthy human and family development. National Center for Law and Economic Justice.
- A Joint Center for Poverty Research www
A national and interdisciplinary research institute that examines what it means to be poor in America. Center for Poverty Research. Features academic research written for a lay audience on a variety of topics, including welfare programs, education, health, housing, employment, and crime. Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Policy Urban Institute www
Policy think tank that tracks welfare, Institute, Social Security, Medicare, and other domestic policy issues. Urban Institute.
- Addresses Welfare Rights Advocacy Pages www
Addresses the failures of the social service system and offers advice for struggling clients. Welfare Rights Advocacy Pages.
- The Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance www
The federal agency that administers the federal government's primary welfare program, for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance.
- Background Almanac of Policy Issues: Welfare www
Background information and links on the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program and U. Policy Issues: Welfare.S. federal welfare policy generally. Almanac of Policy Issues: Welfare.
- Social Social Policy: Welfare, Society and the State www
Social policy is the study of the welfare state, Policy: Welfare, Society and the State, and the range of responses to social need. This is a brief introduction to the subject. Social Policy: Welfare, Society and the State.
- Multiple MDRC www
Multiple reports regarding welfare and welfare reform from this nonprofit, MDRC, nonpartisan social policy research organization MDRC.
- An The Urban Institute - Does Work Pay? www
An Analysis of the Effectiveness of Work Incentives The Urban Institute - Does Work Pay?.
- Presents Faith-Based Welfare Reform A Constitutional Crissis www
Presents an in depth analysis of the implications and probable impact of faith based welfare reform and its root charitable choice legislation, Welfare Reform A Constitutional Crissis, against the reform movement and its antecedent charitable choice clause. Faith-Based Welfare Reform A Constitutional Crissis.
- Analyses Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit www
Analyses of EITC proposals from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit, a liberal/progressive policy organization. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Background Almanac of Policy Issues: EITC www
Background information and links on the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Almanac of Policy Issues: EITC.
- Statewide Affirmative Options Coalition www
Statewide coalition advocating and organizing for a comprehensive approach to welfare reform and economic security in Minnesota. Affirmative Options Coalition.
- A Direct Action Welfare Group www
A grassroots group of current and former public assistance recipients in West Virginia who work on welfare and poverty issues. Direct Action Welfare Group.
- Paper Privatization of Public Social Services www
Paper provides a general overview of the extent of privatization of public services in the areas of social services, Public Social Services, welfare, and employment; rationales for privatizing service delivery, and evidence of effectiveness or problems. Prepared by the Urban Institute, October 1997. Privatization of Public Social Services.
- Advertising, An alein's view of life on earth www
Advertising, alein's view of life on earth, globalization, immigration, and corporations induce us to work too much to the detriment of family life, and combined with genetic engineering this urge to produce more could result in humans becoming almost robotic workers. An alein's view of life on earth.
- How Technology Making It Worse www
How the second Industrial Revolution (miniaturisation and artificial intelligence) is relentlessly stagnating, Making It Worse, frightening and impoverishing our community. Technology Making It Worse.
- Portal International Social Security Association www
Portal provides information, Social Security Association, news, data and analysis on social security developments. International Social Security Association.
- Background Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Security www
Background information and links on Social Security. Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Security.
- Conducts Project Match www
Conducts program development and research activities in the fields of welfare-to-work and workforce development. Project Match.
- Tracks State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP) www
Tracks policy choices on Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance programs and Medicaid in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Policy Documentation Project (SPDP). A joint project of the Center for Law and Social Policy and the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP).
- Alexa: Welfare Poverty
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Welfare Poverty
- DMOZ: Welfare Poverty
dmoz.org Directory: Welfare Poverty