Welfare Poverty Issues Society.
Welfare is the provision of a minimal level of well-being and social support for citizens without current means to support basic needs, sometimes referred to as public aid. (wikipedia)
- Welfare The provision of a minimal level of well-being and social support for citizens without...
- Welfare state A concept of government in which the state plays a key role in the protection and promotion of...
- Animal welfare The well-being of animals.
- Economic welfare or Welfare definition of economics, an attempt by the neoclassical economist Alfred Marshall to...
- Corporate welfare A term that analogizes corporate subsidies to welfare payments for the poor.
- Welfare fraud The illegal use of state welfare systems by knowingly withholding information or giving to obtain...
- Tibetan Welfare Office Acting within the Tibetan Ministry of the Interior and is part of the central Tibetan...
- Background Almanac of Policy Issues: Welfare www
Background information and links on the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program and U. Policy Issues: Welfare.S. federal welfare policy generally. Almanac of Policy Issues: Welfare.
- A Joint Center for Poverty Research www
A national and interdisciplinary research institute that examines what it means to be poor in America. Center for Poverty Research. Features academic research written for a lay audience on a variety of topics, including welfare programs, education, health, housing, employment, and crime. Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Addresses Welfare Rights Advocacy Pages www
Addresses the failures of the social service system and offers advice for struggling clients. Welfare Rights Advocacy Pages.
- Social Social Policy: Welfare, Society and the State www
Social policy is the study of the welfare state, Policy: Welfare, Society and the State, and the range of responses to social need. This is a brief introduction to the subject. Social Policy: Welfare, Society and the State.
- Policy Urban Institute www
Policy think tank that tracks welfare, Institute, Social Security, Medicare, and other domestic policy issues. Urban Institute.
- Multiple MDRC www
Multiple reports regarding welfare and welfare reform from this nonprofit, MDRC, nonpartisan social policy research organization MDRC.
- Works National Center for Law and Economic Justice www
Works with and on behalf of low-income people to ensure that adequate income support -- public funding provided on the basis of need -- is available whenever and to the extent necessary to meet basic needs and foster healthy human and family development. National Center for Law and Economic Justice.
- The Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance www
The federal agency that administers the federal government's primary welfare program, for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance.
- Presents Faith-Based Welfare Reform A Constitutional Crissis www
Presents an in depth analysis of the implications and probable impact of faith based welfare reform and its root charitable choice legislation, Welfare Reform A Constitutional Crissis, against the reform movement and its antecedent charitable choice clause. Faith-Based Welfare Reform A Constitutional Crissis.
- An The Urban Institute - Does Work Pay? www
An Analysis of the Effectiveness of Work Incentives The Urban Institute - Does Work Pay?.
- Analyses Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit www
Analyses of EITC proposals from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit, a liberal/progressive policy organization. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Background Almanac of Policy Issues: EITC www
Background information and links on the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Almanac of Policy Issues: EITC.
- LIFETIME LIFETIME www
LIFETIME is a nonprofit organization created by student mothers at the University of California Berkeley who completed college degrees while raising their families on welfare, LIFETIME, and who are committed to helping other do the same. LIFETIME.
- A Direct Action Welfare Group www
A grassroots group of current and former public assistance recipients in West Virginia who work on welfare and poverty issues. Direct Action Welfare Group.
- Paper Privatization of Public Social Services www
Paper provides a general overview of the extent of privatization of public services in the areas of social services, Public Social Services, welfare, and employment; rationales for privatizing service delivery, and evidence of effectiveness or problems. Prepared by the Urban Institute, October 1997. Privatization of Public Social Services.
- A Happy Planet Index www
A site that measures the well-being of people in the nations of the world while taking into account their environmental impact. Happy Planet Index.
- Mobility The Turtle Syndrome - The Mobility of Everyday Life www
Mobility - both physical and social is enhanced by new transportation and communications technologies and by the new media. Turtle Syndrome - The Mobility of Everyday Life. The emergence of alternative patterns of work are the result. The Turtle Syndrome - The Mobility of Everyday Life.
- Information Whitehouse.gov - Issues: Seniors & Social Security www
Information on the current government agenda. Whitehouse.gov - Issues: Seniors & Social Security.
- Advocate Public Program Testing Organization www
Advocate for Social Security reform, Program Testing Organization, criticizes effect of taxation on retirees and Ticket-to-Work program. Public Program Testing Organization.
- See Poverty.com www
See a brief, Poverty.com, simple display about world poverty. Animated maps show how often people die of hunger, AIDS, malaria, and preventable diseases. Poverty.com.
- Large ActionAid International www
Large global anti-poverty agency, International, working with world's poorest people in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Based in South Africa. ActionAid International.
- Alexa: Welfare Poverty
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Welfare Poverty
- DMOZ: Welfare Poverty
dmoz.org Directory: Welfare Poverty