Welfare Poverty Issues Society.
Welfare is the provision of a minimal level of well-being and social support for citizens without current means to support basic needs, sometimes referred to as public aid. (wikipedia)
- Welfare The provision of a minimal level of well-being and social support for citizens and other...
- Welfare state A concept of government in which the state plays a key role in the protection and promotion of...
- Animal welfare The well-being of animals.
- Economic welfare or Welfare definition of economics, an attempt by the neoclassical economist Alfred Marshall to...
- Corporate welfare A term that analogizes corporate subsidies to welfare payments for the poor.
- Tibetan Welfare Office Acting within the Tibetan Ministry of the Interior and is part of the central Tibetan...
- Multiple MDRC www
Multiple reports regarding welfare and welfare reform from this nonprofit, MDRC, nonpartisan social policy research organization MDRC.
- Works National Center for Law and Economic Justice www
Works with and on behalf of low-income people to ensure that adequate income support -- public funding provided on the basis of need -- is available whenever and to the extent necessary to meet basic needs and foster healthy human and family development. National Center for Law and Economic Justice.
- Background Almanac of Policy Issues: Welfare www
Background information and links on the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program and U. Policy Issues: Welfare.S. federal welfare policy generally. Almanac of Policy Issues: Welfare.
- Addresses Welfare Rights Advocacy Pages www
Addresses the failures of the social service system and offers advice for struggling clients. Welfare Rights Advocacy Pages.
- A Joint Center for Poverty Research www
A national and interdisciplinary research institute that examines what it means to be poor in America. Center for Poverty Research. Features academic research written for a lay audience on a variety of topics, including welfare programs, education, health, housing, employment, and crime. Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- The Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance www
The federal agency that administers the federal government's primary welfare program, for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Administration for Children and Families Office of Family Assistance.
- Policy Urban Institute www
Policy think tank that tracks welfare, Institute, Social Security, Medicare, and other domestic policy issues. Urban Institute.
- Social Social Policy: Welfare, Society and the State www
Social policy is the study of the welfare state, Policy: Welfare, Society and the State, and the range of responses to social need. This is a brief introduction to the subject. Social Policy: Welfare, Society and the State.
- An The Urban Institute - Does Work Pay? www
An Analysis of the Effectiveness of Work Incentives The Urban Institute - Does Work Pay?.
- An Welfare Reform: An Issue Overview www
An overview of the 1996 welfare law and issues affecting its reathorization by Congress. Welfare Reform: An Issue Overview.
- Analyses Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit www
Analyses of EITC proposals from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit, a liberal/progressive policy organization. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Earned Income Tax Credit.
- Background Almanac of Policy Issues: EITC www
Background information and links on the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Almanac of Policy Issues: EITC.
- The Philadelphia Unemployment Project www
The Philadelphia Unemployment Project is a membership organization of low-wage workers and the unemployed. Unemployment Project. PUP has fought for jobs and for economic justice since 1975. We are also an unemployed workers center that helps people win unemployment cases, save their houses, and get access to health care. Philadelphia Unemployment Project.
- Community Community Voices Heard www
Community Voices Heard (CVH) is an organization of low-income people, Voices Heard, predominantly women on welfare, working together to make improvements in our community, and advance the political, economic and social rights of low-income people on welfare and other low-wage workers. Community Voices Heard.
- Paper Privatization of Public Social Services www
Paper provides a general overview of the extent of privatization of public services in the areas of social services, Public Social Services, welfare, and employment; rationales for privatizing service delivery, and evidence of effectiveness or problems. Prepared by the Urban Institute, October 1997. Privatization of Public Social Services.
- How Technology Making It Worse www
How the second Industrial Revolution (miniaturisation and artificial intelligence) is relentlessly stagnating, Making It Worse, frightening and impoverishing our community. Technology Making It Worse.
- Online Flexibility www
Online journal about new ways of working. Flexibility.
- Urban Social Security for Yesterday's Family? www
Urban Institute article detailing the history of Social Security, Security for Yesterday's Family?, and inequities of the present system. Social Security for Yesterday's Family?.
- Social National Institute of Population and Social Security Research www
Social Security in Japan. National Institute of Population and Social Security Research.
- The Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time. www
The Trickle Up Program is an international non-profit organization dedicated to reducing poverty by providing low-income people around the world with the opportunity to create their own micro-enterprises. Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time..
- A Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) www
A national non-profit organization which seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons to the civil justice system. for Law and Social Policy (CLASP). Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP).
- Alexa: Welfare Poverty
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Welfare Poverty
- DMOZ: Welfare Poverty
dmoz.org Directory: Welfare Poverty