Issues raised by the problem of poverty, responses to poverty by society, examples, concerns and problems of poverty in the modern world. Poverty Issues Society.
Poverty is general scarcity, dearth, or the state of one who lacks a certain amount of material possessions or money. (wikipedia)
- Poverty The scarcity or the lack of a certain amount of material possessions or money. Poverty is a...
- Poverty Island A small island in the U.S. state of Michigan.
- Poverty Bay The largest of several small bays on the east coast of New Zealand's North Island to the north of...
- Poverty, Kentucky An unincorporated community located in McLean County, Kentucky, United States.
- Poverty Hills A mountain range in northwestern Inyo County of eastern California, northwest of Bishop and the...
- Two (Poverty) The second release from Indianapolis thrash band Demiricous.
- Poverty (rapper) A hip-hop artist and actor from the New England area.
- Citizens Against Government Waste www
A private, Against Government Waste, non-partisan, non-profit organization representing more than one million members and supporters to eliminate waste, mismanagement, and inefficiency in the US federal government.
- Promotes Children Helping Children www
Promotes the needs of the young in third world by raising money to educate and house them, Helping Children, plus give them a purpose in life. Children Helping Children.
- Aims Global Truth and Reconciliation 911 www
Aims to help the impoverished in the world by raising awareness among the more affluent, Truth and Reconciliation 911, reducing demand for unnneeded goods, and rechanneling aid to help the poor help themselves. Global Truth and Reconciliation 911.
- Measures "Poverty" A Subject www
Measures controlling poverty linked to the suitability of the country, Subject, as reasons of poverty changes due to social conditions of the country. "Poverty" A Subject.
- An Center on Business and Poverty www
An IRP initiative to support and disseminate research into ways in which businesses can help improve the long-term economic stability and well-being of their low-income employees. Center on Business and Poverty.
- Information Institute for Research on Poverty www
Information about the institute, for Research on Poverty, explanations of poverty measures, research, and links. One of two national poverty research centers designated by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Archived Synergos University for a Night 1999 www
Archived proceedings of the May 27, University for a Night 1999, 1999 conference discussing plans to reduce global poverty. Lists sponsors, recommendations, excerpts from the plenary session, and possible future events. Synergos University for a Night 1999.
- Research Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development www
Research papers and other materials on poverty from Cornell University faculty and graduate students. Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development.
- Information PovNet News www
Information about welfare and housing laws and resources in British Columbia, News, Canada. Provides links to other anti-poverty organizations and resources in Canada and internationally. PovNet News.
- Comprehensive Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare www
Comprehensive links and background information on poverty, Policy Issues: Social Welfare, hunger, welfare, homelessness, housing, seniors issues, and other social welfare issues. Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare.
- Campaign End Child Poverty www
Campaign to end child poverty by 2020. Child Poverty. Facts about child poverty, information about the campaign and participating organizations. End Child Poverty.
- An Synergos www
An independent, Synergos, nonprofit institute dedicated to developing effective, sustainable, and locally based solutions to global poverty, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Synergos.
- Background Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) www
Background information and links on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and other low-income energy issues. From the Almanac of Policy Issues. Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Tracks State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP) www
Tracks policy choices on Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance programs and Medicaid in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Policy Documentation Project (SPDP). A joint project of the Center for Law and Social Policy and the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP).
- Conducts Project Match www
Conducts program development and research activities in the fields of welfare-to-work and workforce development. Project Match.
- Large ActionAid International www
Large global anti-poverty agency, International, working with world's poorest people in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Based in South Africa. ActionAid International.
- Portal Zunia - Poverty Reduction www
Portal site with reports, Poverty Reduction, links, bulletin board and other resources focusing on poverty reduction and development. Zunia - Poverty Reduction.
- State Combat Poverty Agency (Ireland) www
State agency working for the prevention and elimination of poverty and social exclusion in Ireland. Poverty Agency (Ireland). It is a small organization set up under the Combat Poverty Agency Act 1986. Combat Poverty Agency (Ireland).
- Group Guardian.co.uk - Poverty Matters Blog www
Group blog about the causes, Poverty Matters Blog, associated issues and development efforts regarding poverty worldwide. In partnership with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Guardian.co.uk - Poverty Matters Blog.
- An Poor Magazine www
An on-line news service dedicated to providing in-depth coverage of issues affecting low and no income communities nationally and internationally. Poor Magazine.
- A Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) www
A national non-profit organization which seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons to the civil justice system. for Law and Social Policy (CLASP). Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP).
- Faith Call to Renewal www
Faith based anti-poverty organization with policy alerts, Renewal, theological resources and other materials. Call to Renewal.
- PRRAC Poverty and Race Research Action Council www
PRRAC fosters and supports collaborations among researchers and advocates effectively addressing problems faced by people living at the intersection of poverty and race. Poverty and Race Research Action Council.
- See Poverty.com www
See a brief, Poverty.com, simple display about world poverty. Animated maps show how often people die of hunger, AIDS, malaria, and preventable diseases. Poverty.com.
- The Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time. www
The Trickle Up Program is an international non-profit organization dedicated to reducing poverty by providing low-income people around the world with the opportunity to create their own micro-enterprises. Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time..
- A RESULTS UK www
A British organisation whose aim is to generate the political will to end hunger and poverty by lobbying MPs, UK, letter-writing and media work. RESULTS UK.
- University The Institute on Race & Poverty www
University of Minnesota (USA). The Institute on Race & Poverty.
- A Public Private Ventures www
A national nonprofit devoted to youth development, Private Ventures, mentoring, youth violence reduction, faith-based programs, national service and volunteering, and workforce development. Public Private Ventures.
- An The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) www
An overview of the Social Services Block Grant (SSBG), Social Services Block Grant (SSBG), a generic federal block grant program for social services in the United States. Includes information on funding, services provided, and the program's legislative history. The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG).
- This The Welfare State www
This article discusses and compares the welfare state in Britain, Welfare State, France, Sweden, Germany, the United States, the European Union and developing countries. The Welfare State.
- BIGA Basic Income Guarantee Australia (BIGA) www
BIGA is an Australian University research site promoting a universal basic income guarantee worldwide. Income Guarantee Australia (BIGA). Basic Income Guarantee Australia (BIGA).
- Papers Alison's Political Papers. www
Papers about cost, Political Papers., history, and progressivity of basic incomes. Alison's Political Papers..
- Contains The Causes of Poverty www
Contains information of the causes of poverty, Causes of Poverty, its impact, economic democracy, and facts and statistics. The Causes of Poverty.
- Categorizes Causes of Poverty www
Categorizes the types of causes for poverty. Causes of Poverty.
- UFE United for a Fair Economy (UFE) www
UFE raises awareness that concentrated wealth and power has negative effects on society. for a Fair Economy (UFE). UFE supports and helps build social movements for greater equality. United for a Fair Economy (UFE).
- Article The Millennium Project: A plan for meeting the Millennium Development Goals www
Article in The Lancet by JD Sachs and JW McArthur. The Millennium Project: A plan for meeting the Millennium Development Goals.
- Information Millennium Promise: Extreme Poverty Ends Here www
Information about this organization that aims to achieve the Millennium Development Goals - eight globally endorsed objectives that address the many aspects of extreme poverty - in Africa by 2015. Promise: Extreme Poverty Ends Here. Details about the millennium villages, news and a blog. Millennium Promise: Extreme Poverty Ends Here.
- Statistics Monitoring Poverty and Social Exclusion www
Statistics on poverty and social exclusion. Poverty and Social Exclusion. Produced by New Policy Institute with support from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. Monitoring Poverty and Social Exclusion.
- Provides Combat Poverty Agency www
Provides information on poverty in Ireland, Poverty Agency, recent publications, a library, news, and links. Combat Poverty Agency.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Poverty Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Poverty Issues
- DMOZ: Poverty Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Poverty Issues