Issues raised by the problem of poverty, responses to poverty by society, examples, concerns and problems of poverty in the modern world. Poverty Issues Society.
Poverty is general scarcity, dearth, or the state of one who lacks a certain amount of material possessions or money. (wikipedia)
- Poverty The scarcity or the lack of a certain amount of material possessions or money. Poverty is a...
- Poverty Island A small island in the U.S. state of Michigan.
- Poverty Bay The largest of several small bays on the east coast of New Zealand's North Island to the north of...
- Poverty, Kentucky An unincorporated community located in McLean County, Kentucky, United States.
- Poverty Hills A mountain range in northwestern Inyo County of eastern California, northwest of Bishop and the...
- Two (Poverty) The second release from Indianapolis thrash band Demiricous.
- Poverty (rapper) A hip-hop artist and actor from the New England area.
- Citizens Against Government Waste www
A private, Against Government Waste, non-partisan, non-profit organization representing more than one million members and supporters to eliminate waste, mismanagement, and inefficiency in the US federal government.
- Faith Call to Renewal www
Faith based anti-poverty organization with policy alerts, Renewal, theological resources and other materials. Call to Renewal.
- A Public Private Ventures www
A national nonprofit devoted to youth development, Private Ventures, mentoring, youth violence reduction, faith-based programs, national service and volunteering, and workforce development. Public Private Ventures.
- State Combat Poverty Agency (Ireland) www
State agency working for the prevention and elimination of poverty and social exclusion in Ireland. Poverty Agency (Ireland). It is a small organization set up under the Combat Poverty Agency Act 1986. Combat Poverty Agency (Ireland).
- Portal Zunia - Poverty Reduction www
Portal site with reports, Poverty Reduction, links, bulletin board and other resources focusing on poverty reduction and development. Zunia - Poverty Reduction.
- Comprehensive Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare www
Comprehensive links and background information on poverty, Policy Issues: Social Welfare, hunger, welfare, homelessness, housing, seniors issues, and other social welfare issues. Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare.
- See Poverty.com www
See a brief, Poverty.com, simple display about world poverty. Animated maps show how often people die of hunger, AIDS, malaria, and preventable diseases. Poverty.com.
- Measures "Poverty" A Subject www
Measures controlling poverty linked to the suitability of the country, Subject, as reasons of poverty changes due to social conditions of the country. "Poverty" A Subject.
- Conducts Project Match www
Conducts program development and research activities in the fields of welfare-to-work and workforce development. Project Match.
- An Center on Business and Poverty www
An IRP initiative to support and disseminate research into ways in which businesses can help improve the long-term economic stability and well-being of their low-income employees. Center on Business and Poverty.
- An Poor Magazine www
An on-line news service dedicated to providing in-depth coverage of issues affecting low and no income communities nationally and internationally. Poor Magazine.
- University The Institute on Race & Poverty www
University of Minnesota (USA). The Institute on Race & Poverty.
- Information PovNet News www
Information about welfare and housing laws and resources in British Columbia, News, Canada. Provides links to other anti-poverty organizations and resources in Canada and internationally. PovNet News.
- Aims Global Truth and Reconciliation 911 www
Aims to help the impoverished in the world by raising awareness among the more affluent, Truth and Reconciliation 911, reducing demand for unnneeded goods, and rechanneling aid to help the poor help themselves. Global Truth and Reconciliation 911.
- Tracks State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP) www
Tracks policy choices on Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance programs and Medicaid in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Policy Documentation Project (SPDP). A joint project of the Center for Law and Social Policy and the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP).
- Information Institute for Research on Poverty www
Information about the institute, for Research on Poverty, explanations of poverty measures, research, and links. One of two national poverty research centers designated by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Institute for Research on Poverty.
- PRRAC Poverty and Race Research Action Council www
PRRAC fosters and supports collaborations among researchers and advocates effectively addressing problems faced by people living at the intersection of poverty and race. Poverty and Race Research Action Council.
- A Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) www
A national non-profit organization which seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons to the civil justice system. for Law and Social Policy (CLASP). Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP).
- Archived Synergos University for a Night 1999 www
Archived proceedings of the May 27, University for a Night 1999, 1999 conference discussing plans to reduce global poverty. Lists sponsors, recommendations, excerpts from the plenary session, and possible future events. Synergos University for a Night 1999.
- An Synergos www
An independent, Synergos, nonprofit institute dedicated to developing effective, sustainable, and locally based solutions to global poverty, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Synergos.
- Campaign End Child Poverty www
Campaign to end child poverty by 2020. Child Poverty. Facts about child poverty, information about the campaign and participating organizations. End Child Poverty.
- Background Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) www
Background information and links on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and other low-income energy issues. From the Almanac of Policy Issues. Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- Promotes Children Helping Children www
Promotes the needs of the young in third world by raising money to educate and house them, Helping Children, plus give them a purpose in life. Children Helping Children.
- The Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time. www
The Trickle Up Program is an international non-profit organization dedicated to reducing poverty by providing low-income people around the world with the opportunity to create their own micro-enterprises. Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time..
- A RESULTS UK www
A British organisation whose aim is to generate the political will to end hunger and poverty by lobbying MPs, UK, letter-writing and media work. RESULTS UK.
- Group Guardian.co.uk - Poverty Matters Blog www
Group blog about the causes, Poverty Matters Blog, associated issues and development efforts regarding poverty worldwide. In partnership with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Guardian.co.uk - Poverty Matters Blog.
- Research Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development www
Research papers and other materials on poverty from Cornell University faculty and graduate students. Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development.
- Large ActionAid International www
Large global anti-poverty agency, International, working with world's poorest people in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Based in South Africa. ActionAid International.
- Recession US Shelters Swell - With Families www
Recession and Sept. Shelters Swell - With Families. 11 are causing more homelessness, which may echo '80s crisis. From the Christian Science Monitor. US Shelters Swell - With Families.
- Articles Center on Budget and Policy Priorities www
Articles on poverty and Social Security from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Budget and Policy Priorities, a liberal public policy research organization. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
- BIGA Basic Income Guarantee Australia (BIGA) www
BIGA is an Australian University research site promoting a universal basic income guarantee worldwide. Income Guarantee Australia (BIGA). Basic Income Guarantee Australia (BIGA).
- Advocates Global Basic Income Foundation www
Advocates a global basic income provided under the authority of the United Nations. Global Basic Income Foundation.
- Contains The Causes of Poverty www
Contains information of the causes of poverty, Causes of Poverty, its impact, economic democracy, and facts and statistics. The Causes of Poverty.
- Includes Addressing the Underlying Causes of Poverty - What Can Be Done? University for a Night 1999 Recommendations www
Includes information on the causes of and solutions for poverty by the University for a Day organization. the Underlying Causes of Poverty - What Can Be Done? University for a Night 1999 Recommendations. Offers a list of sponsors, organization information, and pienary remarks. Addressing the Underlying Causes of Poverty - What Can Be Done? University for a Night 1999 Recommendations.
- Campaign Celebrate Capitalism www
Campaign to show public support and protest in favor of capitalism. Capitalism. Information about rallies and street parties as well as past events. Celebrate Capitalism.
- Information The End of Poverty www
Information on Jeffrey D. End of Poverty. Sachs's book, "The End of Poverty: Economic Possibilities for Our Time.", facts about poverty and references to other reviews. The End of Poverty.
- Time Time: The End of Poverty www
Time magazine article on Jeffrey Sachs book about how this generation can make the end of extreme poverty happen. Time: The End of Poverty.
- Statistics Monitoring Poverty and Social Exclusion www
Statistics on poverty and social exclusion. Poverty and Social Exclusion. Produced by New Policy Institute with support from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. Monitoring Poverty and Social Exclusion.
- Located Joint Center For Poverty Research www
Located at the University of Chicago. Center For Poverty Research. Includes information on the official measures of, populations in, and myths of, poverty. Joint Center For Poverty Research.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Poverty Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Poverty Issues
- DMOZ: Poverty Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Poverty Issues