Issues raised by the problem of poverty, responses to poverty by society, examples, concerns and problems of poverty in the modern world. Poverty Issues Society.
Poverty is general scarcity, dearth, or the state of one who lacks a certain amount of material possessions or money. (wikipedia)
- Poverty Poverty is general scarcity or the state of one who lacks a certain amount of material...
- Poverty Bay The largest of several small bays on the east coast of New Zealand's North Island to the north of...
- Poverty, Kentucky An unincorporated community located in McLean County, Kentucky, United States.
- Poverty Hills A mountain range in northwestern Inyo County of eastern California, northwest of Bishop and the...
- Poverty Island A small island in the U.S. state of Michigan.
- An Synergos www
An independent, Synergos, nonprofit institute dedicated to developing effective, sustainable, and locally based solutions to global poverty, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Synergos.
- Large ActionAid International www
Large global anti-poverty agency, International, working with world's poorest people in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Based in South Africa. ActionAid International.
- Information Institute for Research on Poverty www
Information about the institute, for Research on Poverty, explanations of poverty measures, research, and links. One of two national poverty research centers designated by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Comprehensive Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare www
Comprehensive links and background information on poverty, Policy Issues: Social Welfare, hunger, welfare, homelessness, housing, seniors issues, and other social welfare issues. Almanac of Policy Issues: Social Welfare.
- Conducts Project Match www
Conducts program development and research activities in the fields of welfare-to-work and workforce development. Project Match.
- A Public Private Ventures www
A national nonprofit devoted to youth development, Private Ventures, mentoring, youth violence reduction, faith-based programs, national service and volunteering, and workforce development. Public Private Ventures.
- An Center on Business and Poverty www
An IRP initiative to support and disseminate research into ways in which businesses can help improve the long-term economic stability and well-being of their low-income employees. Center on Business and Poverty.
- State Combat Poverty Agency (Ireland) www
State agency working for the prevention and elimination of poverty and social exclusion in Ireland. Poverty Agency (Ireland). It is a small organization set up under the Combat Poverty Agency Act 1986. Combat Poverty Agency (Ireland).
- See Poverty.com www
See a brief, Poverty.com, simple display about world poverty. Animated maps show how often people die of hunger, AIDS, malaria, and preventable diseases. Poverty.com.
- PRRAC Poverty and Race Research Action Council www
PRRAC fosters and supports collaborations among researchers and advocates effectively addressing problems faced by people living at the intersection of poverty and race. Poverty and Race Research Action Council.
- Group Guardian.co.uk - Poverty Matters Blog www
Group blog about the causes, Poverty Matters Blog, associated issues and development efforts regarding poverty worldwide. In partnership with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Guardian.co.uk - Poverty Matters Blog.
- Archived Synergos University for a Night 1999 www
Archived proceedings of the May 27, University for a Night 1999, 1999 conference discussing plans to reduce global poverty. Lists sponsors, recommendations, excerpts from the plenary session, and possible future events. Synergos University for a Night 1999.
- Background Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) www
Background information and links on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and other low-income energy issues. From the Almanac of Policy Issues. Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
- The Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time. www
The Trickle Up Program is an international non-profit organization dedicated to reducing poverty by providing low-income people around the world with the opportunity to create their own micro-enterprises. Fighting Poverty, One Business at a Time..
- Portal Zunia - Poverty Reduction www
Portal site with reports, Poverty Reduction, links, bulletin board and other resources focusing on poverty reduction and development. Zunia - Poverty Reduction.
- Aims Global Truth and Reconciliation 911 www
Aims to help the impoverished in the world by raising awareness among the more affluent, Truth and Reconciliation 911, reducing demand for unnneeded goods, and rechanneling aid to help the poor help themselves. Global Truth and Reconciliation 911.
- University The Institute on Race & Poverty www
University of Minnesota (USA). The Institute on Race & Poverty.
- Promotes Children Helping Children www
Promotes the needs of the young in third world by raising money to educate and house them, Helping Children, plus give them a purpose in life. Children Helping Children.
- An Poor Magazine www
An on-line news service dedicated to providing in-depth coverage of issues affecting low and no income communities nationally and internationally. Poor Magazine.
- Tracks State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP) www
Tracks policy choices on Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance programs and Medicaid in the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Policy Documentation Project (SPDP). A joint project of the Center for Law and Social Policy and the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. State Policy Documentation Project (SPDP).
- Faith Call to Renewal www
Faith based anti-poverty organization with policy alerts, Renewal, theological resources and other materials. Call to Renewal.
- Campaign End Child Poverty www
Campaign to end child poverty by 2020. Child Poverty. Facts about child poverty, information about the campaign and participating organizations. End Child Poverty.
- Measures "Poverty" A Subject www
Measures controlling poverty linked to the suitability of the country, Subject, as reasons of poverty changes due to social conditions of the country. "Poverty" A Subject.
- A RESULTS UK www
A British organisation whose aim is to generate the political will to end hunger and poverty by lobbying MPs, UK, letter-writing and media work. RESULTS UK.
- Research Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development www
Research papers and other materials on poverty from Cornell University faculty and graduate students. Cornell University: Poverty, Inequality and Development.
- A Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP) www
A national non-profit organization which seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons to the civil justice system. for Law and Social Policy (CLASP). Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP).
- Information PovNet News www
Information about welfare and housing laws and resources in British Columbia, News, Canada. Provides links to other anti-poverty organizations and resources in Canada and internationally. PovNet News.
- Recession US Shelters Swell - With Families www
Recession and Sept. Shelters Swell - With Families. 11 are causing more homelessness, which may echo '80s crisis. From the Christian Science Monitor. US Shelters Swell - With Families.
- An The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) www
An overview of the Social Services Block Grant (SSBG), Social Services Block Grant (SSBG), a generic federal block grant program for social services in the United States. Includes information on funding, services provided, and the program's legislative history. The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG).
- Provides Basic Income www
Provides information on publications and events relevant to basic income in English, Income, Spanish, and Catalan. Basic Income.
- Essays Universal Basic Income New Zealand (UBINZ) www
Essays and newsletter supporting a basic income program for New Zealand. Basic Income New Zealand (UBINZ). Universal Basic Income New Zealand (UBINZ).
- Includes The Causes of Poverty www
Includes a download for an essay by Francis Amasa Walker. The Causes of Poverty.
- Includes The Causes of Poverty www
Includes an essay by Lilian Brandt. The Causes of Poverty.
- UFE United for a Fair Economy (UFE) www
UFE raises awareness that concentrated wealth and power has negative effects on society. for a Fair Economy (UFE). UFE supports and helps build social movements for greater equality. United for a Fair Economy (UFE).
- Policy Campaign for America's Future www
Policy research project analyzing critical issues facing American economy, for America's Future, for progressives that focuses on issues of social justice like wages, social security and trade. Campaign for America's Future.
- Official Millennium Development Goals Indicators www
Official United Nations site with up to date data on the progress made in regard to the Millennium Development Goals. Development Goals Indicators. Yearly reports and data per country. Millennium Development Goals Indicators.
- Bono Transcript: Bono remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast www
Bono speaks at the National Prayer Breakfast about the Millennium Development Goals and bringing an end to poverty. Transcript: Bono remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast.
- Located Joint Center For Poverty Research www
Located at the University of Chicago. Center For Poverty Research. Includes information on the official measures of, populations in, and myths of, poverty. Joint Center For Poverty Research.
- Provides Combat Poverty Agency www
Provides information on poverty in Ireland, Poverty Agency, recent publications, a library, news, and links. Combat Poverty Agency.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Poverty Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Poverty Issues
- DMOZ: Poverty Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Poverty Issues