Social and political issues related to labor and work. Labor unions and sites relating directly to the labor movement should be listed under Society-Work-Labor_Movement-Unions or Regional-...-Society_and_Culture-Labor Labor Issues Society.
- Child labour Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their...
- Labour economics Labour economics seeks to understand the functioning and dynamics of the markets for wage labour.
- Labour Day An annual holiday to celebrate the achievements of workers.
- Bonded labour A person's pledge of labour or services as security for the repayment for a debt or other...
- Labor (album) The second album from Brooklyn electropop band MEN. It was self-released on October 22, 2013...
- Labor, Koper A small village in the City Municipality of Koper in the Littoral region of Slovenia on the...
- Labour Party Meanings In several countries.
- World ICEM Online www
World labor news and views from a global trade union. ICEM Online.
- Background Job Training and Vocational Education www
Background information and links on U. Training and Vocational Education.S. job training and vocational education policy from the Almanac of Policy Issues. Job Training and Vocational Education.
- International 6 Hour Day www
International movement for the six hour work day, Hour Day, three day weekend and six weeks paid vacation -- with no reduction in pay. 6 Hour Day.
- Evidence Samson v. HUD - In Forma Pauperis www
Evidence in support of Alan Koseph Samson's contention that HUD wrongfully foreclosed on his home because of his efforts on behalf of workers at the Mariner's Cove Apartments 1983. Samson v. HUD - In Forma Pauperis.
- Explores Human Rights for Workers www
Explores the consequences of globalization for ordinary workers in both developed and developing countries, Rights for Workers, and analyzes initiatives seeking solutions. Human Rights for Workers.
- Works Labor Rights Now www
Works to expose labor rights violations around the world and aggressively campaign on behalf of worker activists who have endured the most brutal forms of trade union repression: imprisonment, Rights Now, torture, abduction, and murder. Labor Rights Now.
- Building National Jobs for All Coalition www
Building a new movement for full employment at livable wages. National Jobs for All Coalition.
- Human National Labor Committee www
Human rights advocacy group that focuses on the promotion and defense of worker rights. Labor Committee. Educates and involves the public in actions aimed at ending labor abuses, improving living conditions for workers and their families and promoting the concept of a living wage. National Labor Committee.
- An Unemployment Compensation www
An overview of the unemployment insurance program in the United States, Compensation, including benefits paid and federal and state unemployment taxes. Unemployment Compensation.
- Examines Lack of Security and the Unorganized Sector www
Examines the plight of unorganized workers in Asia who lack pensions or old age security. Lack of Security and the Unorganized Sector.
- Advocacy Exotic Dancers Alliance www
Advocacy group for female exotic dancers attempting to obtain adequate working conditions and civil rights within the sex industry. Exotic Dancers Alliance.
- An International Collective in Support of Fishworkers (ICSF) www
An international Non Governmental Organisation working for the interests of small-scale artisanal fishworkers, Collective in Support of Fishworkers (ICSF), the collective carries out developmental interventions with fisher-communities around the world. International Collective in Support of Fishworkers (ICSF).
- Homepage National Alliance for Fair Employment www
Homepage for a network of over 40 regional and national groups in the U. Alliance for Fair Employment.S. and Canada fighting for better pay, benefits and working conditions for all workers in temp, part-time, day labor, contract, on-call and independent contractor jobs. National Alliance for Fair Employment.
- Academic Just Labour www
Academic journal published by the Centre for Research on Work and Society at York University in Toronto. Just Labour.
- The South Africa: Children's Constitutional Rights www
The new Constitution gave children rights which they should use to prepare themselves for the challenges of the future. South Africa: Children's Constitutional Rights.
- A Helping Hands www
A website exploring the complex problem of child-labor in India. Hands. Includes many pictures. Helping Hands.
- Thomas One Market, Under God www
Thomas Frank, Market, Under God, 35, contends that behind the go- go stock market and the feel-good atmosphere, the American economy that bloomed in the 1990's is sick, and that the divide between rich and poor has widened. To read this NY Times interview of him, requires free registration. One Market, Under God.
- Swiss Max Havelaar Switzerland www
Swiss firm promoting and enabling fair trade actions. Max Havelaar Switzerland.
- Reports Sisters of Mercy Have No Mercy www
Reports that the Sisters of Mercy of Americas have violated Fair Labor Standards Act, Mercy Have No Mercy, forced employees to sign the Overtime Payment Waiver Form and fired employees who stood up for their rights. Sisters of Mercy Have No Mercy.
- Grievance Demand for Professional Wages and Benefits for Wraparound Services Workers www
Grievance by workers against the Pennsylvania company. Demand for Professional Wages and Benefits for Wraparound Services Workers.
- Guardian Jobs Migration Moves Relentlessly Up Skills Chain www
Guardian article on the loss of jobs from the US and Britain to the Far East, Migration Moves Relentlessly Up Skills Chain, not only in manufacturing but also in fields such as accounting. Jobs Migration Moves Relentlessly Up Skills Chain.
- Conducts CNN Programs - Lou Dobbs Tonight www
Conducts an ongoing series under the name "Exporting America" on US companies outsourcing jobs. CNN Programs - Lou Dobbs Tonight.
- Articles BNA Employment & Labor Law www
Articles on recent legal developments, Employment & Labor Law, with additional resources available by subscription. BNA Employment & Labor Law.
- Information Harvey Kruse, PC www
Information on overtime pay litigation from a Michigan law firm. Harvey Kruse, PC.
- Campaign Harvard Living Wage Campaign www
Campaign to eradicate poverty wages at Harvard University. Living Wage Campaign. Includes a comprehensive report on poverty wages at Harvard, with a detailed discussion of the spread low-wage labor on campus, analysis and critique of reforms developed by Harvard, and testimonies of Harvard workers. Harvard Living Wage Campaign.
- A 'Living wage' Laws Gain Momentum Across US www
A new study shows higher incomes from 'living wage' outweigh the cost in job losses. wage' Laws Gain Momentum Across US. From the Christian Science Monitor. 'Living wage' Laws Gain Momentum Across US.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Labor Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor Issues
- DMOZ: Labor Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Labor Issues