Social and political issues related to labor and work. Labor unions and sites relating directly to the labor movement should be listed under Society-Work-Labor_Movement-Unions or Regional-...-Society_and_Culture-Labor Labor Issues Society.
- Child labour Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their...
- Labour economics Labour economics seeks to understand the functioning and dynamics of the markets for wage labour.
- Labour Day An annual holiday to celebrate the achievements of workers.
- Employment A relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for, where one...
- Labor (album) The second album from Brooklyn electropop band MEN. It was self-released on October 22, 2013...
- Labor, Koper A small village in the City Municipality of Koper in the Littoral region of Slovenia on the...
- Josef Labor An Austrian pianist, organist, and composer of the late Romantic era.
- Labour Day An annual holiday to celebrate the achievements of workers.
- Labour Party Meanings Political party appellation in several countries.
- Examines Lack of Security and the Unorganized Sector www
Examines the plight of unorganized workers in Asia who lack pensions or old age security. Lack of Security and the Unorganized Sector.
- Academic Just Labour www
Academic journal published by the Centre for Research on Work and Society at York University in Toronto. Just Labour.
- Works Labor Rights Now www
Works to expose labor rights violations around the world and aggressively campaign on behalf of worker activists who have endured the most brutal forms of trade union repression: imprisonment, Rights Now, torture, abduction, and murder. Labor Rights Now.
- Background Job Training and Vocational Education www
Background information and links on U. Training and Vocational Education.S. job training and vocational education policy from the Almanac of Policy Issues. Job Training and Vocational Education.
- An Unemployment Compensation www
An overview of the unemployment insurance program in the United States, Compensation, including benefits paid and federal and state unemployment taxes. Unemployment Compensation.
- Human National Labor Committee www
Human rights advocacy group that focuses on the promotion and defense of worker rights. Labor Committee. Educates and involves the public in actions aimed at ending labor abuses, improving living conditions for workers and their families and promoting the concept of a living wage. National Labor Committee.
- Explores Human Rights for Workers www
Explores the consequences of globalization for ordinary workers in both developed and developing countries, Rights for Workers, and analyzes initiatives seeking solutions. Human Rights for Workers.
- Homepage National Alliance for Fair Employment www
Homepage for a network of over 40 regional and national groups in the U. Alliance for Fair Employment.S. and Canada fighting for better pay, benefits and working conditions for all workers in temp, part-time, day labor, contract, on-call and independent contractor jobs. National Alliance for Fair Employment.
- International 6 Hour Day www
International movement for the six hour work day, Hour Day, three day weekend and six weeks paid vacation -- with no reduction in pay. 6 Hour Day.
- An International Collective in Support of Fishworkers (ICSF) www
An international Non Governmental Organisation working for the interests of small-scale artisanal fishworkers, Collective in Support of Fishworkers (ICSF), the collective carries out developmental interventions with fisher-communities around the world. International Collective in Support of Fishworkers (ICSF).
- World ICEM Online www
World labor news and views from a global trade union. ICEM Online.
- Building National Jobs for All Coalition www
Building a new movement for full employment at livable wages. National Jobs for All Coalition.
- Advocacy Exotic Dancers Alliance www
Advocacy group for female exotic dancers attempting to obtain adequate working conditions and civil rights within the sex industry. Exotic Dancers Alliance.
- Evidence Samson v. HUD - In Forma Pauperis www
Evidence in support of Alan Koseph Samson's contention that HUD wrongfully foreclosed on his home because of his efforts on behalf of workers at the Mariner's Cove Apartments 1983. Samson v. HUD - In Forma Pauperis.
- A Helping Hands www
A website exploring the complex problem of child-labor in India. Hands. Includes many pictures. Helping Hands.
- Pakistan Child Labor in Pakistan www
Pakistan has recently passed laws greatly limiting child labor and indentured servitude, Labor in Pakistan, but those laws are universally ignored, and some 11 million children, aged four to fourteen, keep that country's factories operating, often working in brutal and squalid conditions. (Atlantic Monthly) Child Labor in Pakistan.
- Corporate International Corporate Environmental Reports www
Corporate Accountability vis a vis the environment. Corporate Environmental Reports. English link, site name, Milieujaarverslagen. International Corporate Environmental Reports.
- Principles The MacBride Principles www
Principles of conduct for firms doing business in Northern Ireland. The MacBride Principles.
- Student, Living Income for Vanderbilt Employees www
Student, Income for Vanderbilt Employees, faculty, staff, and community group advocating for a fair wage at Vanderbilt as well as health care, benefits, child care, paid time off and retirement benefits. Living Income for Vanderbilt Employees.
- Reports Sisters of Mercy Have No Mercy www
Reports that the Sisters of Mercy of Americas have violated Fair Labor Standards Act, Mercy Have No Mercy, forced employees to sign the Overtime Payment Waiver Form and fired employees who stood up for their rights. Sisters of Mercy Have No Mercy.
- Harvard CNN.com - Global Public Square: Why Outsource? www
Harvard Business School alumni offer up rationales in a new report based on nearly 10, Global Public Square: Why Outsource?,000 responses to a survey of 50,000 HBS grads. CNN.com - Global Public Square: Why Outsource?.
- Guardian Jobs Migration Moves Relentlessly Up Skills Chain www
Guardian article on the loss of jobs from the US and Britain to the Far East, Migration Moves Relentlessly Up Skills Chain, not only in manufacturing but also in fields such as accounting. Jobs Migration Moves Relentlessly Up Skills Chain.
- An U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Law Guide www
An overview of United States labor statutes and regulations as they apply to businesses. U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Law Guide.
- Information Harvey Kruse, PC www
Information on overtime pay litigation from a Michigan law firm. Harvey Kruse, PC.
- According NPR : Low-Wage America www
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Low-Wage America, more than 20 million workers earn less than $9 an hour - not enough to buy the basics in some areas. In a series of special reports, NPR's Noah Adams travels throughout the US to profile the low-income workforce, talking with people about their jobs, their families and their hopes for the future. NPR : Low-Wage America.
- A 'Living wage' Laws Gain Momentum Across US www
A new study shows higher incomes from 'living wage' outweigh the cost in job losses. wage' Laws Gain Momentum Across US. From the Christian Science Monitor. 'Living wage' Laws Gain Momentum Across US.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Labor Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor Issues
- DMOZ: Labor Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Labor Issues