This is split into illegal drugs and medical drugs. Drugs Health Issues Society.
A drug is any substance other than food, that when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin or dissolved under the tongue causes a physiological change in the body. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A drug is any substance that, when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin, or dissolved under the tongue causes a temporary physiological change in the body.
- Controlled Substances Act - The Controlled Substances Act is the statute establishing federal U.S. drug policy under which the manufacture, importation, possession, use and distribution of certain substances is regulated.
- Drug development - Drug development is the process of bringing a new pharmaceutical drug to the market once a lead compound has been identified through the process of drug discovery.
- Inverse benefit law - The inverse benefit law states that the ratio of benefits to harms among patients taking new drugs tends to vary inversely with how extensively a drug is marketed. Two Americans, Howard Brody and Donald Light, have defined the inverse benefit law, inspired by Tudor Hart's inverse care law.
- Lifestyle drug - Lifestyle drug is an imprecise term commonly applied to medications which treat non?life-threatening and non-painful conditions such as baldness, wrinkles, erectile dysfunction, or acne, which the speaker perceives as either not medical problems at all or as minor medical conditions relative to...
- Pharmacognosy - Pharmacognosy is the study of medicinal drugs derived from plants or other natural sources.
- Placebo - A placebo is a substance or treatment with no active therapeutic effect. A placebo may be given to a person in order to deceive the recipient into thinking that it is an active treatment.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Athletic Drug Testing www
Unbiased explanations of all the various performance enhancing drugs, Stuff Works: Athletic Drug Testing, and how athletes are tested for them, with many related links. How Stuff Works: Athletic Drug Testing.
- A Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies www
A membership-based non-profit research and educational organization. Association for Psychedelic Studies. Includes research papers, MAPS bulletin, news updates, and a forum. Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies.
- Studies Center On Addiction and Substance Abuse www
Studies every form of substance abuse as it affects our society. Center On Addiction and Substance Abuse.
- Links Terminal Wing-Ding Club, The www
Links and references for aged and terminally ill members who wish to follow the example of Aldous Huxley, Wing-Ding Club, The, Timothy Leary and others. Terminal Wing-Ding Club, The.
- MAMA Mothers Against Misuse and Abuse www
MAMA offers a rational approach to the issues of drug use and its effect on the family. Against Misuse and Abuse. Provides a holistic approach and scientific drug education to all ages of society. Social and recreational alternatives to drug use. Mothers Against Misuse and Abuse.
- Program UMHS DrinkWise www
Program by University of Michigan Health System for people with mild to moderate alcohol problems. UMHS DrinkWise.
- Ontario APOLNET - Alcohol Policy Network www
Ontario Public Health Association site devoted exclusively to Canadian alcohol policy issues; designed to stimulate informed discussion about various aspects of alcohol policy. APOLNET - Alcohol Policy Network.
- The Australian National Council on Drugs www
The ANCD works to ensure that the expert voice of non-government organisations and individuals working in the drug field reaches all levels of government and influences policy. Australian National Council on Drugs.
- A Canadian Foundation for Drug Policy www
A non-profit organization founded in 1993 by several of Canada's leading specialists in drug policy. Canadian Foundation for Drug Policy.
- The Heffter Research Institute www
The mission of HRI is to conduct research of the highest scientific quality with psychedelic substances in order to contribute to a greater understanding of the mind, Research Institute, leading to the improvement of the human condition, and the alleviation of suffering. Heffter Research Institute.
- Information NORML Aotearoa New Zealand www
Information about cannabis, Aotearoa New Zealand, its prohibition, and how you can help bring about drug law reform. NORML Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Information Dana B Taschner www
Information and news about drug recalls, Taschner, warnings, side effects and lawsuits from a Los Angeles lawyer. Dana B Taschner.
- Introduction Robichaux Law Firm www
Introduction to Accutane side effects and litigation. Robichaux Law Firm.
- National Prescription Access Litigation Project www
National coalition of consumer groups fighting against illegal drug industry price manipulation deceptive marketing. Prescription Access Litigation Project.
- A Health Action International www
A non-profit organization that represents the interests of consumers in drug policy and believes that all drugs marketed should be acceptably safe, Action International, effective, affordable and meet real medical needs. Health Action International.
- Provides Consumers Union - Health Care www
Provides information on health services, Union - Health Care, medicaid, nursing homes and long-term care, insurance, prescription drugs, safety issues, and health care organizations. Consumers Union - Health Care.
- Directory Safety Links www
Directory of links to information and articles on safety. Safety Links.
- Alexa: Drugs Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Drugs Health
- DMOZ: Drugs Health
dmoz.org Directory: Drugs Health