This is split into illegal drugs and medical drugs. Drugs Health Issues Society.
A drug is any substance other than food, that when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin or dissolved under the tongue causes a physiological change in the body. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A drug is any substance that, when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin, or dissolved under the tongue causes a temporary physiological change in the body.
- Controlled Substances Act - The Controlled Substances Act is the statute establishing federal U.S. drug policy under which the manufacture, importation, possession, use, and distribution of certain substances is regulated.
- Drug development - Drug development is the process of bringing a new pharmaceutical drug to the market once a lead compound has been identified through the process of drug discovery.
- Inverse benefit law - The inverse benefit law states that the ratio of benefits to harms among patients taking new drugs tends to vary inversely with how extensively a drug is marketed. Two Americans, Howard Brody and Donald Light, have defined the inverse benefit law, inspired by Tudor Hart's inverse care law.
- Lifestyle drug - Lifestyle drug is an imprecise term commonly applied to medications which treat non?life-threatening and non-painful conditions such as baldness, wrinkles, erectile dysfunction, or acne, which the speaker perceives as either not medical problems at all or as minor medical conditions relative to...
- Pharmacognosy - Pharmacognosy is the study of medicinal drugs derived from plants or other natural sources.
- Placebo - A placebo is a substance or treatment with no active therapeutic effect. A placebo may be given to a person in order to deceive the recipient into thinking that it is an active treatment.
- Links Terminal Wing-Ding Club, The www
Links and references for aged and terminally ill members who wish to follow the example of Aldous Huxley, Wing-Ding Club, The, Timothy Leary and others. Terminal Wing-Ding Club, The.
- A Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies www
A membership-based non-profit research and educational organization. Association for Psychedelic Studies. Includes research papers, MAPS bulletin, news updates, and a forum. Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies.
- Unbiased How Stuff Works: Athletic Drug Testing www
Unbiased explanations of all the various performance enhancing drugs, Stuff Works: Athletic Drug Testing, and how athletes are tested for them, with many related links. How Stuff Works: Athletic Drug Testing.
- Studies Center On Addiction and Substance Abuse www
Studies every form of substance abuse as it affects our society. Center On Addiction and Substance Abuse.
- MAMA Mothers Against Misuse and Abuse www
MAMA offers a rational approach to the issues of drug use and its effect on the family. Against Misuse and Abuse. Provides a holistic approach and scientific drug education to all ages of society. Social and recreational alternatives to drug use. Mothers Against Misuse and Abuse.
- A FACE - Truth and Clarity on Alcohol www
A national non-profit organization that supports sensible alcohol practices through the development of messages, Truth and Clarity on Alcohol, strategies, and training. FACE - Truth and Clarity on Alcohol.
- Resources College Drinking: Changing the Culture www
Resources for changing the college drinking culture. Drinking: Changing the Culture. Includes research and approaches to prevention, with interactive tools for students and educators. College Drinking: Changing the Culture.
- Unique Independent Drug Monitoring Unit www
Unique drugs research in the UK. Drug Monitoring Unit. Information for students and solicitors. Independent Drug Monitoring Unit.
- Topics The Drug Wars www
Topics on this site include prohibition, Drug Wars, abuse, legalization, and the war on drugs. Heavily hyperlinked to authoritative offsite resources. The Drug Wars.
- The Heffter Research Institute www
The mission of HRI is to conduct research of the highest scientific quality with psychedelic substances in order to contribute to a greater understanding of the mind, Research Institute, leading to the improvement of the human condition, and the alleviation of suffering. Heffter Research Institute.
- Information NORML Aotearoa New Zealand www
Information about cannabis, Aotearoa New Zealand, its prohibition, and how you can help bring about drug law reform. NORML Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Information Kline & Specter, PC www
Information on possible Celebrex litigation from a Pennsylvania law firm. Kline & Specter, PC.
- Information CMTM, Incorporated www
Information about injury from gadolinium-based contrast agents. CMTM, Incorporated.
- Article Pushing for easier prescriptions www
Article describing the push for easier, for easier prescriptions, cheaper cross-border Canadian-American prescriptions. Pushing for easier prescriptions.
- Links Almanac of Policy Issues: Prescription Drugs www
Links and background information about U. Policy Issues: Prescription Drugs.S. public policy affecting prescription drugs and prescription drug coverage. Almanac of Policy Issues: Prescription Drugs.
- From Antibiotic resistance www
From the Why Files. Antibiotic resistance.
- Information What Doctors Don't Tell You www
Information database and monthly magazine informing patients of side effects of drugs, Doctors Don't Tell You, and possible alternative remedies. What Doctors Don't Tell You.
- Alexa: Drugs Health
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Drugs Health
- DMOZ: Drugs Health
dmoz.org Directory: Drugs Health