This section is for sites about health issues from a non-medical standpoint. Health Issues Society.
The definition of health has evolved over time. In keeping with the biomedical perspective, early definitions of health focused on the theme of the body's ability to function; health was seen as a state of normal function that could be disrupted from time to time by disease. (wikipedia)
- Health The level of functional and metabolic efficiency of a living organism. In humans it is the...
- Health care The maintenance or improvement of health via the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease...
- Public health Public health refers to "the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting...
- Health care compared Brief comparison chart of several systems.
- Health care industry An aggregation and integration of sectors within the economic system that provides goods and...
- Health economics A branch of economics concerned with issues related to efficiency, effectiveness, value and...
- Health law The federal, state, and local law, rules, regulations and other jurisprudence among providers...
- Environmental health The branch of public health that is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built...
- Health (magazine) An American magazine focused on women's health. It was purchased by Time Inc. in 1991.
- Health (1959 TV series) An Australian television series aired in 1959 on ABC. It was an educational series intended to be...
- Health, Arkansas An unincorporated community in Madison County, Arkansas.
- Promotes HealthWatch UK www
Promotes the assessment and testing of treatments, UK, whether 'orthodox' or 'alternative'. HealthWatch UK.
- A American Council on Science and Health www
A consumer education consortium concerned with issues related to food, Council on Science and Health, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. ACSH is an independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization. American Council on Science and Health.
- Information What Doctors Don't Tell You www
Information database and monthly magazine informing patients of side effects of drugs, Doctors Don't Tell You, and possible alternative remedies. What Doctors Don't Tell You.
- Promoting Global Health Corps www
Promoting global health equity by connecting outstanding young leaders worldwide with organizations working on the frontlines. Health Corps. Includes information about the program and application process, FAQ, partners, current Fellows and blog. Global Health Corps.
- From Antibiotic resistance www
From the Why Files. Antibiotic resistance.
- Research, Partners In Health www
Research, Health, advocacy and publications related to health, worldwide. Focus upon the poor. Partners with projects in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, United States, with a goal of neither development or charity, but "pragmatic solidarity". Partners In Health.
- Series PBS - Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge www
Series about the most critical and emerging threats to global public health, Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge, and the leaders who deal with them. Includes information about the television series, the book, how to get involved, background information and teaching resources. PBS - Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge.
- Provides Consumers Union - Health Care www
Provides information on health services, Union - Health Care, medicaid, nursing homes and long-term care, insurance, prescription drugs, safety issues, and health care organizations. Consumers Union - Health Care.
- Directory Safety Links www
Directory of links to information and articles on safety. Safety Links.
- Interdisciplinary Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health www
Interdisciplinary group which studies the impact of biomedical technology, Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health, health policy, and demographic shifts on society. Mission statement, upcoming events, past events, future plans, and faculty listing. Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health.
- A Health Facts and Fears www
A news site promoting sound science and combating the hype and junk science. Facts and Fears. The issues covered include food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. Health Facts and Fears.
- A Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR) www
A medical and public health group working to prevent the use or spread of nuclear weapons and to slow, for Social Responsibility (PSR), stop and reverse global warming and toxic degradation of the environment. Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR).
- Organization Doctors' Reform Society of Australia www
Organization of doctors and medical students supporting universal access to health care regardless of social or economic status. Doctors' Reform Society of Australia.
- A FACE - Truth and Clarity on Alcohol www
A national non-profit organization that supports sensible alcohol practices through the development of messages, Truth and Clarity on Alcohol, strategies, and training. FACE - Truth and Clarity on Alcohol.
- Alcohol AIM www
Alcohol In Moderation is an organization promoting a sensible and moderate drinking message. AIM. Information from scientific researchers, the beverage alcohol industry and associations, on research, health issues and legislation. AIM.
- Markkula Medical Ethics www
Markkula Center for Applied Ethics. Medical Ethics.
- NAROF Neonatology And Rights Of Families www
NAROF gives voice to parents and professionals critical of current practices in neonatology. And Rights Of Families. A resource to gain insight into the human cost of raising survivors of neonatal research and practice. Neonatology And Rights Of Families.
- Forum Blood Conservation and Avoidance www
Forum to investigate, Conservation and Avoidance, discuss and report techniques in blood conservation and alternatives to blood transfusion. Blood Conservation and Avoidance.
- This International Society for Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes & Immobilization Biotechnology (ISABI) www
This group was formed in 1976 to encourage research, Society for Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes & Immobilization Biotechnology (ISABI), development and clinical applications in related areas. International Society for Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes & Immobilization Biotechnology (ISABI).
- Articles Bella Online: Body Image www
Articles and forum devoted to improving self-esteem by developing a better body image. Bella Online: Body Image.
- Teenage Does Your Daughter Have a Positive Body Image? www
Teenage girls tend to struggle with body image in far greater numbers than boys. Your Daughter Have a Positive Body Image?. Does Your Daughter Have a Positive Body Image?.
- by Review: Murder By Injection: The Medical Conspiracy Against America www
by Eustace Mullins. Murder By Injection: The Medical Conspiracy Against America. Explains how the ruthless Rockefeller Syndicate - under the control of the world financial structure, chiefly the Rothschilds - plays the major political, health and educational roles in America. Review: Murder By Injection: The Medical Conspiracy Against America.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Health Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Health Issues
- DMOZ: Health Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Health Issues