This section is for sites about health issues from a non-medical standpoint. Health Issues Society.
The definition of health has evolved over time. In keeping with the biomedical perspective, early definitions of health focused on the theme of the body's ability to function; health was seen as a state of normal function that could be disrupted from time to time by disease. (wikipedia)
- Health The level of functional and metabolic efficiency of a living organism. In humans it is the...
- Health care The maintenance or improvement of health via the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease...
- Public health Public health refers to "the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting...
- Health care compared Brief comparison chart of several systems.
- Health care industry An aggregation and integration of sectors within the economic system that provides goods and...
- Health economics A branch of economics concerned with issues related to efficiency, effectiveness, value and...
- Health law The federal, state, and local law, rules, regulations and other jurisprudence among providers...
- Environmental health The branch of public health that is concerned with all aspects of the natural and built...
- Health (magazine) An American magazine focused on women's health. It was purchased by Time Inc. in 1991.
- Health (1959 TV series) An Australian television series aired in 1959 on ABC. It was an educational series intended to be...
- Health, Arkansas An unincorporated community in Madison County, Arkansas.
- Promoting Global Health Corps www
Promoting global health equity by connecting outstanding young leaders worldwide with organizations working on the frontlines. Health Corps. Includes information about the program and application process, FAQ, partners, current Fellows and blog. Global Health Corps.
- A Health Facts and Fears www
A news site promoting sound science and combating the hype and junk science. Facts and Fears. The issues covered include food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. Health Facts and Fears.
- A American Council on Science and Health www
A consumer education consortium concerned with issues related to food, Council on Science and Health, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. ACSH is an independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization. American Council on Science and Health.
- Information What Doctors Don't Tell You www
Information database and monthly magazine informing patients of side effects of drugs, Doctors Don't Tell You, and possible alternative remedies. What Doctors Don't Tell You.
- Promotes HealthWatch UK www
Promotes the assessment and testing of treatments, UK, whether 'orthodox' or 'alternative'. HealthWatch UK.
- Provides Consumers Union - Health Care www
Provides information on health services, Union - Health Care, medicaid, nursing homes and long-term care, insurance, prescription drugs, safety issues, and health care organizations. Consumers Union - Health Care.
- From Antibiotic resistance www
From the Why Files. Antibiotic resistance.
- Research, Partners In Health www
Research, Health, advocacy and publications related to health, worldwide. Focus upon the poor. Partners with projects in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, United States, with a goal of neither development or charity, but "pragmatic solidarity". Partners In Health.
- Directory Safety Links www
Directory of links to information and articles on safety. Safety Links.
- Series PBS - Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge www
Series about the most critical and emerging threats to global public health, Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge, and the leaders who deal with them. Includes information about the television series, the book, how to get involved, background information and teaching resources. PBS - Rx for Survival: A Global Health Challenge.
- Interdisciplinary Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health www
Interdisciplinary group which studies the impact of biomedical technology, Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health, health policy, and demographic shifts on society. Mission statement, upcoming events, past events, future plans, and faculty listing. Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health.
- A Pulse of America www
A National network of patient rights advocates and victims of medical errors. America. Includes network chapters, related links for patient rights, chat room and true stories. Pulse of America.
- A Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR) www
A medical and public health group working to prevent the use or spread of nuclear weapons and to slow, for Social Responsibility (PSR), stop and reverse global warming and toxic degradation of the environment. Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR).
- College CC Speaks www
College campus alcohol issues speaker that carries a message about health and abuse. CC Speaks.
- Includes R U Pissed? www
Includes an online alcohol blood alcohol content calculator. Pissed?. R U Pissed?.
- Canadian NursingEthics.ca www
Canadian nursing ethics website. NursingEthics.ca. Highly informative and professional. NursingEthics.ca.
- How Algorithm: Rapid Approach to Ethical Problems www
How should clinicians approach an ethical dilemma when they have little time to ponder or to seek consultation? This proven method works. Algorithm: Rapid Approach to Ethical Problems.
- This International Society for Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes & Immobilization Biotechnology (ISABI) www
This group was formed in 1976 to encourage research, Society for Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes & Immobilization Biotechnology (ISABI), development and clinical applications in related areas. International Society for Artificial Cells, Blood Substitutes & Immobilization Biotechnology (ISABI).
- Forum Blood Conservation and Avoidance www
Forum to investigate, Conservation and Avoidance, discuss and report techniques in blood conservation and alternatives to blood transfusion. Blood Conservation and Avoidance.
- NPR's NPR : Beauty Series, Part 1: Setting the Beauty Agenda www
NPR's Susan Stamberg talks with Linda Wells, Beauty Series, Part 1: Setting the Beauty Agenda, editor of Allure magazine about the magazine, its coverage of beauty issues, and how it chooses what goes on the cover. [6:10 Realaudio broadcast] NPR : Beauty Series, Part 1: Setting the Beauty Agenda.
- Articles Bella Online: Body Image www
Articles and forum devoted to improving self-esteem by developing a better body image. Bella Online: Body Image.
- by Review: Murder By Injection: The Medical Conspiracy Against America www
by Eustace Mullins. Murder By Injection: The Medical Conspiracy Against America. Explains how the ruthless Rockefeller Syndicate - under the control of the world financial structure, chiefly the Rothschilds - plays the major political, health and educational roles in America. Review: Murder By Injection: The Medical Conspiracy Against America.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Alexa: Health Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Health Issues
- DMOZ: Health Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Health Issues