Information related to the question of gun control: to what extent do private citizens have a right to own and use firearms? Links are provided to organizations and sites oriented toward both more government regulation of private firearms and toward less government regulation of private firearms. Gun Control Issues Society.
Gun control refers to domestic regulation of firearm manufacture, trade, possession, use, and transport, specifically with regard to the class of weapons referred to as small arms ( revolvers and self-loading pistols, rifles and carbines, assault rifles, submachine guns and light machine guns ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Gun control is the set of laws or policies that regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification, or use of firearms by civilians.
- Concealed carry - Concealed carry, refers to the practice of carrying a handgun or other weapon in public in a concealed or hidden manner, either on one's person or in close proximity.
- Gun violence - Gun-related violence is violence committed with the use of a gun. Gun-related violence may or may not be considered criminal. Criminal violence includes homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, and suicide, or attempted suicide, depending on jurisdiction.
- Right to keep and bear arms - The right to keep and bear arms is the people's right to possess weapons for their own defense, as described in the philosophical and political writings of Aristotle, Cicero, John Locke, Machiavelli, the English Whigs and others.
- Estimated number of guns per capita by country - This is a list of countries by estimated guns per capita.
- Overview of gun laws by nation - Gun laws and policies regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification and use of small arms by civilians. Many countries have restrictive firearm policies, while a few have permissive ones.
- Assault weapons legislation in the United States - Assault weapons legislation in the United States refers to bills and laws that define and restrict or make illegal the manufacture, transfer, and possession of assault weapons. How these firearms are defined and regulated varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- Gun politics
- Educating Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence www
Educating adults and children in conflict resolution and gun safety, Coalition Against Gun Violence, and supporting legislation to reduce gun violence. Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence.
- News, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence www
News, Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, statistics, research, refutations of anti-control studies, resources, and links promoting pro-control policies. Also addresses gun rights issues. Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
- 2nd 2 Armed www
2nd Amendment Right Muster and Education Day. Armed. Firearm safety, links, views, guest book, forum, press releases and editorials. 2 Armed.
- UK The Don't Trigger Campaign www
UK anti-gun campaign. The Don't Trigger Campaign.
- News Small Arms and Demobilization www
News coverage regarding small arms reduction programs. Small Arms and Demobilization.
- Feature WashingtonPost.com: The Gun Fight www
Feature story and brief presentation of pending federal legislation, The Gun Fight, providing off-site links for further details. WashingtonPost.com: The Gun Fight.
- "A PBS Frontline: Hot Guns www
"A report on cheap handguns, Frontline: Hot Guns, their manufacturers, and the illicit handgun market." PBS Frontline: Hot Guns.
- Paper Violence in America - Effective Solutions www
Paper authored by a group of doctors addressing gun violence and proposing solutions. Violence in America - Effective Solutions.
- Articles, Clayton Cramer's Web Page www
Articles, Cramer's Web Page, commentary, and book reviews on gun rights, and gun control issues. Clayton Cramer's Web Page.
- News, TriggerFinger www
News, TriggerFinger, opinions, information, and activism mainly concerning threats to firearms rights. TriggerFinger.
- Gun Alphecca www
Gun commentary from a self-described, Alphecca, independent libertarian. Alphecca.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Gun Control Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Gun Control Issues
- DMOZ: Gun Control Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Gun Control Issues