Information related to the question of gun control: to what extent do private citizens have a right to own and use firearms? Links are provided to organizations and sites oriented toward both more government regulation of private firearms and toward less government regulation of private firearms. Gun Control Issues Society.
Gun control refers to domestic regulation of firearm manufacture, trade, possession, use, and transport, specifically with regard to the class of weapons referred to as small arms ( revolvers and self-loading pistols, rifles and carbines, assault rifles, submachine guns and light machine guns ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Gun control is the set of laws or policies that regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification, or use of firearms by civilians.
- Concealed carry - Concealed carry, refers to the practice of carrying a handgun or other weapon in public in a concealed or hidden manner, either on one's person or in close proximity.
- Gun violence - Gun-related violence is violence committed with the use of a gun. Gun-related violence may or may not be considered criminal. Criminal violence includes homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, and suicide, or attempted suicide, depending on jurisdiction.
- Right to keep and bear arms - The right to keep and bear arms is the people's right to possess weapons for their own defense, as described in the philosophical and political writings of Aristotle, Cicero, John Locke, Machiavelli, the English Whigs and others.
- Estimated number of guns per capita by country - This is a list of countries by estimated guns per capita.
- Overview of gun laws by nation - Gun laws and policies regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification and use of small arms by civilians. Many countries have restrictive firearm policies, while a few have permissive ones.
- Assault weapons legislation in the United States - Assault weapons legislation in the United States refers to bills and laws that define and restrict or make illegal the manufacture, transfer, and possession of assault weapons. How these firearms are defined and regulated varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- Gun politics
- News, PAX - The Movement to End Gun Violence in America www
News, The Movement to End Gun Violence in America, facts, links, and how to get involved. PAX - The Movement to End Gun Violence in America.
- Dedicated Legal Community Against Violence www
Dedicated to reducing gun violence through legislation, Community Against Violence, litigation, and education. Provides financial and pro bono legal support for litigation, and assistance to local governments defending ordinance challenges from gun rights advocates. Legal Community Against Violence.
- 2nd 2 Armed www
2nd Amendment Right Muster and Education Day. Armed. Firearm safety, links, views, guest book, forum, press releases and editorials. 2 Armed.
- Aiming Norwegian Initiative on Small Arms Transfer (NISAT) www
Aiming to reduce the proliferation of small arms where they are likely to produce conflict, Initiative on Small Arms Transfer (NISAT), violence and human rights abuses. Contains searchable export/import database, publications, and arms transfer documentation Norwegian Initiative on Small Arms Transfer (NISAT).
- Alliance South Africa - Gun Control Alliance www
Alliance of organizations lobbying for stricter gun control laws in South Africa. Africa - Gun Control Alliance. Facts and figures, proposals, and press releases. South Africa - Gun Control Alliance.
- Resources Reason's Gun Page www
Resources on firearms from Reason magazine, Gun Page, including articles about firearms facts, lawsuits, media coverage, and the Second Amendment. Reason's Gun Page.
- News Gun Control News - Topix www
News on guns and gun control collected from diverse sources on the web. Gun Control News - Topix.
- Forum Arm Britain - A No-Compromise, Pro Gun UK Forum - Index www
Forum dedicated to re-establishing the right to armed self-defense. Arm Britain - A No-Compromise, Pro Gun UK Forum - Index.
- Striving Equal Rights for CCW www
Striving for reform of California's concealed carry weapons laws. Rights for CCW. Discusses inequities of the current system and legal issues. Equal Rights for CCW.
- Gun Alphecca www
Gun commentary from a self-described, Alphecca, independent libertarian. Alphecca.
- Blog MYTHES ET REALITES SUR LES ARMES www
Blog contre le projet de loi liberticide et démagogue des députés Warsmann, REALITES SUR LES ARMES, Bodin et Leroux sur le contrôle des armes en France. MYTHES ET REALITES SUR LES ARMES.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Gun Control Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Gun Control Issues
- DMOZ: Gun Control Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Gun Control Issues