Internet Fraud Issues Society.
The Internet is the global system of interconnected computer networks that use the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link billions of devices worldwide. (wikipedia)
- Internet The global system of interconnected computer networks that use the Internet protocol suite to...
- Internet Protocol Suite The conceptual model and set of communications protocols used on the Internet and similar...
- The Internet (band) An American band from Los Angeles, California.
- Internet Co., Ltd. Internet Co., Ltd., or Internet, is a software company based in Osaka, Japan.
- "Internets " A Bushism-turned-catchphrase used humorously to portray the speaker as ignorant about the...
- Internet A mobile web browser made by Amazon. It is aimed at India and other emerging markets.
- Internetwork The practice of connecting a computer network with other networks through the use of gateways...
- Internet Crime Complaint Center www
A partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Crime Complaint Center. Alerts for consumers and easy-to-use reporting mechanism for fraud. Formerly the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.
- Vmyths www
Computer virus myths, Vmyths, hoaxes, urban beliefs, hysteria, and the implications of believing in them, with historical data, theories on the spread of virus myths, and descriptions of popular virus misconceptions.
- Resource Junk Email www
Resource site for dealing with e-mail scams. Junk Email.
- Information Antiscam.net www
Information about avoiding scams involving Eastern European women, Antiscam.net, especially Russian ones. Antiscam.net.
- Information Romance Scams www
Information about people who use dating sites or social networks to con victims out of money. Scams. Peer support for those who have been tricked. Romance Scams.
- Outlines Web Host Scams www
Outlines things one should watch out for when signing up with a web host. Web Host Scams.
- Securities How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams www
Securities and Exchange Commission information about investment fraud. How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams.
- A An Introduction to Internet Fraud www
A introduction explaining many aspects of fraud on the internet. An Introduction to Internet Fraud.
- Information Scam Victims United www
Information on scams and support from other victims. Scam Victims United.
- Describes Federal Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes www
Describes scams to avoid, Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes, most of which are internet-related. Federal Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes.
- Provides The Anatomy of Clickbot.A www
Provides a detailed case study of the architecture of the Clickbot. Anatomy of Clickbot.A.A botnet that attempted a low-noise click fraud attack against syndicated search engines. The botnet of over 100,000 machines was controlled using a HTTP-based botmaster. The Anatomy of Clickbot.A.
- An FraudWatchers.Org www
An archive of various scams and fraudulent activities, FraudWatchers.Org, plus a multilingual support forum. FraudWatchers.Org.
- Computer Cybercrime www
Computer crime section of the Department of Justice contains links relating to internet commerce, Cybercrime, intellectual property crimes, cybercrimes and general information. Cybercrime.
- Department Internet Fraud www
Department of Justice site includes information defining Internet fraud, Fraud, what to do about it, and where to go to get more information. Internet Fraud.
- Information Beachwood Canyon Productions Rental Fraud www
Information on the case of a fraudulent online advertisement with Craigs List and LAPD. Beachwood Canyon Productions Rental Fraud.
- Extensive Internet ScamBusters www
Extensive information on fraud, ScamBusters, scams, hoaxes, urban legends and credit card fraud. Free e-zine and reports. Internet ScamBusters.
- Covering Artists Against 419 www
Covering advanced fee fraud scams and fake banks. Artists Against 419.
- Consumer Carbuyingtips.com - Fraud Guide www
Consumer guide to preventing and fighting eBay, Fraud Guide, escrow, auto, internet, cashiers check, and Nigerian scams. Tips on how to spot phony escrow companies and report the scammers. Carbuyingtips.com - Fraud Guide.
- Tracks Money Laundering Fraud www
Tracks current fraudulent "money mule" operations operated through the Internet. Money Laundering Fraud.
- Central Digital Age Fraud www
Central source of information about the Digital Age Cyprus MasterCard/Visa fraudulent charge. Digital Age Fraud.
- Identifies GPTBoycott.com www
Identifies "Get-Paid-To" websites that don't live up to their promises. GPTBoycott.com.
- Basics Hoaxes, Scams and Rip-offs www
Basics on hoaxes, Scams and Rip-offs, scams and rip-offs on the internet. How to spot them and where to report them. Useful links Hoaxes, Scams and Rip-offs.
- An PhishBucket www
An archive of fraudulent and suspect emails, PhishBucket, concentrating on bogus job offers and related topics. PhishBucket.
- Consumer WebAssured www
Consumer protection service site provides means to register complaints, WebAssured, free ShopAssured download alerts shoppers when entering e-commerce site, free reports on business's consumer performance. WebAssured.
- Provides National Fraud Information Center www
Provides a page devoted to Internet fraud. National Fraud Information Center.
- Search Suspected Scammers www
Search for and report online scam artists. Scammers. Victims of scams can report the scammer's email or share their story.. Suspected Scammers.
- Overview Cyber Criminals Most Wanted www
Overview of cyber criminal activity that includes safety, Criminals Most Wanted, security, viruses, scams, filtering, encryption, hackers and government legislation. Cyber Criminals Most Wanted.
- Extensive VMyths www
Extensive resource for identifying and debunking computer virus hoaxes and myths. VMyths.
- Information Stop-scammers www
Information on dating fraud plus an archive of emails, Stop-scammers, documents and pictures. Membership required for some features. Stop-scammers.
- Parody Dow Jones www
Parody site created by RTMark that focuses on the Bhopal controversy. Dow Jones.
- Documents Stop Waste Management www
Documents allegations against Waste Management Inc. Waste Management. (also known as WMI, WMX, Chem Waste, and other names), including environmental degradation, racism, and bribery. Includes text of a book by Charles Cray. Stop Waste Management.
- An Chain letters and how to defeat them www
An "anti-chain letter" suitable for use in replying to chain letters. letters and how to defeat them. Also other chain-letter-fighting resources and links to humorous anti-chain letter sites. Chain letters and how to defeat them.
- Extensive Chain Letter Evolution www
Extensive history of chain letters. Letter Evolution. Focus on paper good/bad luck chain letters since 1900 and the origin of money chain letters. Chain Letter Evolution.
- List Cyndi's List of Internet Stuff You Need to Know www
List of links to online resources, List of Internet Stuff You Need to Know, including sections on computer viruses, hoaxes, misunderstandings and scams. Cyndi's List of Internet Stuff You Need to Know.
- Site Escrow Service Fraud www
Site designed to help determine if escrow sites are fraudulant or not. Service Fraud. With resources to use if/when frauded. Listing of suspected fraudulent sites with a feedback and forum area. Escrow Service Fraud.
- Publication Social Security Administration: Identity Theft www
Publication with tips and contact. Social Security Administration: Identity Theft.
- Michele NPR : Tips on Avoiding Identity Theft www
Michele Norris talks with Evan Hendricks, Tips on Avoiding Identity Theft, editor and publisher of Privacy Times and author of "Credit Scores and Credit Reports," about why people should be concerned about identity theft and what they can do to avoid it. [5:15 streaming audio broadcast] NPR : Tips on Avoiding Identity Theft.
- John Cyberspace Independence Declaration www
John Perry Barlow's Declaration "Governments of the Industrial World, Independence Declaration, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather...." Cyberspace Independence Declaration.
- In-depth How Stuff Works: How the FBI's Carnivore Works www
In-depth narrative explains what exactly the FBI's Carnivore is, Stuff Works: How the FBI's Carnivore Works, where it came from, how it works, and what its purpose is, with many related links. How Stuff Works: How the FBI's Carnivore Works.
- Information Avoid Becoming a Victim of Credit Card Fraud www
Information for merchants who operate e-commerce sites on recognizing signs of fraud and what to do if you become a victim. Avoid Becoming a Victim of Credit Card Fraud.
- Better Better Business Bureau www
Better Business Bureaus can alert you to complaints against companies in your area. Better Business Bureau.
- Alexa: Internet Fraud
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Internet Fraud
- DMOZ: Internet Fraud
dmoz.org Directory: Internet Fraud