Internet Fraud Issues Society.
The Internet is the global system of interconnected computer networks that use the Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link billions of devices worldwide. (wikipedia)
- Internet The global system of interconnected computer networks that use the Internet protocol suite to...
- Internet Protocol Suite The conceptual model and set of communications protocols used on the Internet and similar...
- The Internet (band) An American band from Los Angeles, California.
- Internet Co., Ltd. Internet Co., Ltd., or Internet, is a software company based in Osaka, Japan.
- "Internets " A Bushism-turned-catchphrase used humorously to portray the speaker as ignorant about the...
- Internetwork The practice of connecting a computer network with other networks through the use of gateways...
- Internet Crime Complaint Center www
A partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). Crime Complaint Center. Alerts for consumers and easy-to-use reporting mechanism for fraud. Formerly the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.
- Overview Cyber Criminals Most Wanted www
Overview of cyber criminal activity that includes safety, Criminals Most Wanted, security, viruses, scams, filtering, encryption, hackers and government legislation. Cyber Criminals Most Wanted.
- Basics Hoaxes, Scams and Rip-offs www
Basics on hoaxes, Scams and Rip-offs, scams and rip-offs on the internet. How to spot them and where to report them. Useful links Hoaxes, Scams and Rip-offs.
- Extensive VMyths www
Extensive resource for identifying and debunking computer virus hoaxes and myths. VMyths.
- Outlines Web Host Scams www
Outlines things one should watch out for when signing up with a web host. Web Host Scams.
- Information Antiscam.net www
Information about avoiding scams involving Eastern European women, Antiscam.net, especially Russian ones. Antiscam.net.
- Consumer WebAssured www
Consumer protection service site provides means to register complaints, WebAssured, free ShopAssured download alerts shoppers when entering e-commerce site, free reports on business's consumer performance. WebAssured.
- Covering Artists Against 419 www
Covering advanced fee fraud scams and fake banks. Artists Against 419.
- Extensive Internet ScamBusters www
Extensive information on fraud, ScamBusters, scams, hoaxes, urban legends and credit card fraud. Free e-zine and reports. Internet ScamBusters.
- Department Internet Fraud www
Department of Justice site includes information defining Internet fraud, Fraud, what to do about it, and where to go to get more information. Internet Fraud.
- A An Introduction to Internet Fraud www
A introduction explaining many aspects of fraud on the internet. An Introduction to Internet Fraud.
- Consumer Carbuyingtips.com - Fraud Guide www
Consumer guide to preventing and fighting eBay, Fraud Guide, escrow, auto, internet, cashiers check, and Nigerian scams. Tips on how to spot phony escrow companies and report the scammers. Carbuyingtips.com - Fraud Guide.
- Computer Cybercrime www
Computer crime section of the Department of Justice contains links relating to internet commerce, Cybercrime, intellectual property crimes, cybercrimes and general information. Cybercrime.
- Information Beachwood Canyon Productions Rental Fraud www
Information on the case of a fraudulent online advertisement with Craigs List and LAPD. Beachwood Canyon Productions Rental Fraud.
- Describes Federal Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes www
Describes scams to avoid, Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes, most of which are internet-related. Federal Bureau of Investigation - Common Fraud Schemes.
- Central Digital Age Fraud www
Central source of information about the Digital Age Cyprus MasterCard/Visa fraudulent charge. Digital Age Fraud.
- Search Suspected Scammers www
Search for and report online scam artists. Scammers. Victims of scams can report the scammer's email or share their story.. Suspected Scammers.
- An FraudWatchers.Org www
An archive of various scams and fraudulent activities, FraudWatchers.Org, plus a multilingual support forum. FraudWatchers.Org.
- Provides National Fraud Information Center www
Provides a page devoted to Internet fraud. National Fraud Information Center.
- Information Romance Scams www
Information about people who use dating sites or social networks to con victims out of money. Scams. Peer support for those who have been tricked. Romance Scams.
- An PhishBucket www
An archive of fraudulent and suspect emails, PhishBucket, concentrating on bogus job offers and related topics. PhishBucket.
- Tracks Money Laundering Fraud www
Tracks current fraudulent "money mule" operations operated through the Internet. Money Laundering Fraud.
- Securities How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams www
Securities and Exchange Commission information about investment fraud. How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams.
- Information Scam Victims United www
Information on scams and support from other victims. Scam Victims United.
- Provides The Anatomy of Clickbot.A www
Provides a detailed case study of the architecture of the Clickbot. Anatomy of Clickbot.A.A botnet that attempted a low-noise click fraud attack against syndicated search engines. The botnet of over 100,000 machines was controlled using a HTTP-based botmaster. The Anatomy of Clickbot.A.
- Resource Junk Email www
Resource site for dealing with e-mail scams. Junk Email.
- Information Stop-scammers www
Information on dating fraud plus an archive of emails, Stop-scammers, documents and pictures. Membership required for some features. Stop-scammers.
- Identifies GPTBoycott.com www
Identifies "Get-Paid-To" websites that don't live up to their promises. GPTBoycott.com.
- Article The China Lobby's Campaign for Two-Way Trade with China www
Article lists the 20 largest US corporations giving "soft" political money to push for China's Most Favored Nation status and admission to the WTO. China Lobby's Campaign for Two-Way Trade with China. [Multinational Monitor] The China Lobby's Campaign for Two-Way Trade with China.
- Information ServiceMaster Consumer Issues www
Information about ServiceMaster and its subsidiaries including lawsuits, Consumer Issues, governmental investigations, employee comments, and consumer complaints. ServiceMaster Consumer Issues.
- Help Break the Chain www
Help stop the spread of junk e-mail and misinformation with a library of tips, the Chain, extensive research archive, and the visitor's forum. Break the Chain.
- "Each Make-a-Wish Chain Letters www
"Each day, Chain Letters, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and its chapters receive hundreds of inquiries about chain letters claiming to be associated with the Foundation and featuring sick children. However, we do not participate in these kinds of wishes." Make-a-Wish Chain Letters.
- Uncovering Symantec: Hoaxes www
Uncovering hoaxes that usually arrive in the form of an email, Hoaxes, or promotions that sound too good to be true. Symantec: Hoaxes.
- Alphabetically About.com: Hoax Information Center www
Alphabetically organized descriptions of computer virus hoaxes, Hoax Information Center, past and present. About.com: Hoax Information Center.
- Site Escrow Service Fraud www
Site designed to help determine if escrow sites are fraudulant or not. Service Fraud. With resources to use if/when frauded. Listing of suspected fraudulent sites with a feedback and forum area. Escrow Service Fraud.
- Identifies The Privacy Commissioner of Canada: Identity Theft www
Identifies the problem and offers tips on prevention and what to do if it occurs. The Privacy Commissioner of Canada: Identity Theft.
- NPR's NPR : Identity Theft in the International Arena www
NPR's Eric Weiner reports on European efforts to prevent the theft of sensitive personal data compiled by information collection companies. Identity Theft in the International Arena. [4:33 streaming audio broadcast] NPR : Identity Theft in the International Arena.
- Cincinnati, NYTimes.com - Dirty Laundry, Online for All to See www
Cincinnati, Dirty Laundry, Online for All to See, Ohio has put public documents online at courtclerk.org, and this has had a divisive impact on the community. [Requires free NYTimes.com registration to view.] NYTimes.com - Dirty Laundry, Online for All to See.
- Text Child Online Protection Act www
Text of 1998 House Report 105-775 from EPIC. Child Online Protection Act.
- How A Bell Tolls www
How to avoid pre-paid phone card scams. Bell Tolls. Learn the tricks, questions to ask, and what to do to avoid being the victim of a prepaid calling card scam. A Bell Tolls.
- Resources American Petroleum Promotions Fraud www
Resources for independent sales representatives left out in the cold. American Petroleum Promotions Fraud.
- Alexa: Internet Fraud
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Internet Fraud
- DMOZ: Internet Fraud
dmoz.org Directory: Internet Fraud