Sites about societal issues related to family planning. The abortion issue is covered in Society:Issues:Abortion. Information about birth control is in Health:Reproductive Health:Birth Control. The sub-section "Organizations" lists institutional organizations' sites. Family Planning Issues Society.
Family planning is sometimes used as a synonym or euphemism for access to and the use of contraception. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Family planning is the practice of controlling the number of children in a family and the intervals between their births. Contemporary notions of family planning, however, tend to place a woman and her childbearing decisions at the center of the discussion, as notions of women's empowerment and reproductive autonomy have gained traction in many parts of the world. Family planning may involve consideration of the number of children a woman wishes to have, including the choice to have no children, as well as the age at which she wishes to have them. These matters are influenced by external factors such as marital situation, career considerations, financial position, any disabilities that may affect their ability to have children and raise them, besides many other considerations. If sexually active, family planning may involve the use of contraception and other techniques to control the timing of reproduction.
- Family planning Category
- Natural family planning - Natural family planning comprises the family planning methods approved by the Roman Catholic Church and some Protestant denominations for both achieving and postponing or avoiding pregnancy.
- natalism and antinatalism .
- Parental leave - Parental leave or family leave is an employee benefit available in almost all countries. The term "parental leave" generally includes maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- POPLINE (World's largest reproductive health database).
- Sex selection - Sex selection is the attempt to control the sex of the offspring to achieve a desired sex. It can be accomplished in several ways, both pre- and post-implantation of an embryo, as well as at childbirth. It has been marketed under the title family balancing.
- Human overpopulation - Human overpopulation occurs when the ecological footprint of a human population in a specific geographical location exceeds the carrying capacity of the place occupied by that group.
- Reproductive Reproductive Health Technologies Project www
Reproductive freedom advocacy group, Health Technologies Project, based in the U.S. News and information on emerging issues in contraception, including new contraceptive technologies. Reproductive Health Technologies Project.
- University Bixby Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health www
University of California at Berkeley students, Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health, researchers, and staff working to reduce maternal deaths in developing countries by studying and promoting effective family planning approaches. Bixby Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health.
- Article AlterNet: Planned Parenthood's Pricey Pills www
Article and commentary about the high cost of contraception at US clinics. AlterNet: Planned Parenthood's Pricey Pills.
- Reproductive State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency www
Reproductive health non-governmental organization in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency, India. Information about programs to reduce fertility rate and improve maternal and child health, including personal counseling, contraceptive marketing, and work with personal birth attendants. State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency.
- Christian Culture War Hits Local Pharmacy www
Christian Science Monitor article about the issues involved when pharmacists refuse (on religious or moral grounds) to fill prescriptions for contraceptives and morning-after pills. Culture War Hits Local Pharmacy.
- Discussion Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising www
Discussion of UN data on current contraceptive practices and needs in 153 countries and areas. Contraceptive Use Rising. Overall contraceptive use increased substantially over the past decade in developing countries. [Requires free registration.] Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising.
- Biography, AlexanderSanger.com www
Biography, AlexanderSanger.com, writings, and interests of Alexander C. Sanger. He is the grandson of Margaret Sanger, who founded the birth control movement, and is currently Chair of the International Planned Parenthood Council. AlexanderSanger.com.
- Outlines Quinacrine Sterilization www
Outlines concerns about the safety and possible carcinogenicity of quinacrine, Sterilization, use of which is being considered for use in sterilization programs in poor countries. Quinacrine Sterilization.
- Overview Preventing Teenage Pregnancy www
Overview of U. Teenage Pregnancy.S. programs and statistics. Preventing Teenage Pregnancy.
- In Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation www
In an interview, Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation, State Family Planning Commission official explains the law and the population and family planning situation in the country. Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation.
- Large Just Facts - Abortion www
Large collection of short "facts" about scientific, Facts - Abortion, constitutional, political and other aspects of the abortion debate. Fully footnoted to identify the sources of the information. Just Facts - Abortion.
- Research Fetal Psychology www
Research study published in Psychology Today (Oct. Psychology. 1998) addresses the relative developmental capabilities of the human fetus at particular gestation points. Relevant to abortion considerations. Fetal Psychology.
- Home genome.gov | National Human Genome Research Institute www
Home page of the National Human Genome Research Institute, National Human Genome Research Institute, the arm of the U.S. National Institutes of Health dedicated to advancing human health through genetic research. genome.gov | National Human Genome Research Institute.
- London-based Linacre Centre for Healthcare Ethics www
London-based institution studies a range of bioethical issues, Centre for Healthcare Ethics, providing academic analysis from a Catholic perspective. Linacre Centre for Healthcare Ethics.
- The BBC News: EU Criticises Vatican's Condom 'Bigotry' www
The European Union criticised the Catholic Church for its stand on the use of condoms to fight HIV. BBC News: EU Criticises Vatican's Condom 'Bigotry'.
- Reports BBC News: Vatican in HIV Condom Row www
Reports on criticism of the Catholic Church for telling countries with high HIV rates that condoms are permeable to the virus. BBC News: Vatican in HIV Condom Row.
- Issues There's Got To Be a Morning After www
Issues surrounding emergency contraception in Australia and initiatives to make the pills easier to obtain. There's Got To Be a Morning After.
- A Emergency Contraception (a.k.a. "Morning After Pill") www
A thorough summary of the issues, Contraception (a.k.a. "Morning After Pill"), from ReligiousTolerance.org. Emergency Contraception (a.k.a. "Morning After Pill").
- A Health Facts and Fears www
A news site promoting sound science and combating the hype and junk science. Facts and Fears. The issues covered include food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. Health Facts and Fears.
- From Antibiotic resistance www
From the Why Files. Antibiotic resistance.
- Traces Condom History, Effectiveness and Testing www
Traces the history of condoms from ancient Egypt through modern times. Condom History, Effectiveness and Testing.
- Profile Frank B. Colton www
Profile of the developer of Enovid, Colton, the first oral contraceptive, from the National Inventors Hall of Fame. Frank B. Colton.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Family Planning Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Family Planning Issues
- DMOZ: Family Planning Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Family Planning Issues