Sites about societal issues related to family planning. The abortion issue is covered in Society:Issues:Abortion. Information about birth control is in Health:Reproductive Health:Birth Control. The sub-section "Organizations" lists institutional organizations' sites. Family Planning Issues Society.
Family planning is sometimes used as a synonym or euphemism for access to and the use of contraception. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Family planning services are defined as "educational, comprehensive medical or social activities which enable individuals, including minors, to determine freely the number and spacing of their children and to select the means by which this may be achieved". Family planning may involve consideration of the number of children a woman wishes to have, including the choice to have no children, as well as the age at which she wishes to have them. These matters are influenced by external factors such as marital situation, career considerations, financial position, any disabilities that may affect their ability to have children and raise them, besides many other considerations. If sexually active, family planning may involve the use of contraception and other techniques to control the timing of reproduction.
- Family planning Category
- Natural family planning - Natural family planning comprises the family planning methods approved by the Roman Catholic Church and some Protestant denominations for both achieving and postponing or avoiding pregnancy.
- natalism and antinatalism .
- Parental leave - Parental leave or family leave is an employee benefit available in almost all countries. The term "parental leave" generally includes maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- POPLINE (World's largest reproductive health database).
- Sex selection - Sex selection is the attempt to control the sex of the offspring to achieve a desired sex. It can be accomplished in several ways, both pre- and post-implantation of an embryo, as well as at childbirth. It has been marketed under the title family balancing.
- Human overpopulation - Human overpopulation occurs when the ecological footprint of a human population in a specific geographical location exceeds the carrying capacity of the place occupied by that group.
- In Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation www
In an interview, Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation, State Family Planning Commission official explains the law and the population and family planning situation in the country. Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation.
- Overview Preventing Teenage Pregnancy www
Overview of U. Teenage Pregnancy.S. programs and statistics. Preventing Teenage Pregnancy.
- Biography, AlexanderSanger.com www
Biography, AlexanderSanger.com, writings, and interests of Alexander C. Sanger. He is the grandson of Margaret Sanger, who founded the birth control movement, and is currently Chair of the International Planned Parenthood Council. AlexanderSanger.com.
- Discussion Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising www
Discussion of UN data on current contraceptive practices and needs in 153 countries and areas. Contraceptive Use Rising. Overall contraceptive use increased substantially over the past decade in developing countries. [Requires free registration.] Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising.
- Christian Culture War Hits Local Pharmacy www
Christian Science Monitor article about the issues involved when pharmacists refuse (on religious or moral grounds) to fill prescriptions for contraceptives and morning-after pills. Culture War Hits Local Pharmacy.
- University Bixby Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health www
University of California at Berkeley students, Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health, researchers, and staff working to reduce maternal deaths in developing countries by studying and promoting effective family planning approaches. Bixby Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health.
- Article AlterNet: Planned Parenthood's Pricey Pills www
Article and commentary about the high cost of contraception at US clinics. AlterNet: Planned Parenthood's Pricey Pills.
- Reproductive State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency www
Reproductive health non-governmental organization in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency, India. Information about programs to reduce fertility rate and improve maternal and child health, including personal counseling, contraceptive marketing, and work with personal birth attendants. State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency.
- Outlines Quinacrine Sterilization www
Outlines concerns about the safety and possible carcinogenicity of quinacrine, Sterilization, use of which is being considered for use in sterilization programs in poor countries. Quinacrine Sterilization.
- Reproductive Reproductive Health Technologies Project www
Reproductive freedom advocacy group, Health Technologies Project, based in the U.S. News and information on emerging issues in contraception, including new contraceptive technologies. Reproductive Health Technologies Project.
- Pro Abortion Debates and Polls www
Pro and Con forum. Abortion Debates and Polls.
- One The Abortion Debate www
One person's attempt to take a rational look at the abortion debate, Abortion Debate, exposing flaws in the arguments on both sides. This is the preface from The Abortion Debate, a booklet for sale. The Abortion Debate.
- Markkula Medical Ethics www
Markkula Center for Applied Ethics. Medical Ethics.
- How Algorithm: Rapid Approach to Ethical Problems www
How should clinicians approach an ethical dilemma when they have little time to ponder or to seek consultation? This proven method works. Algorithm: Rapid Approach to Ethical Problems.
- The BBC News: EU Criticises Vatican's Condom 'Bigotry' www
The European Union criticised the Catholic Church for its stand on the use of condoms to fight HIV. BBC News: EU Criticises Vatican's Condom 'Bigotry'.
- About BBC Panorama: Vatican - Condoms Don't Stop HIV www
About the Catholic Church's effort to tell people in countries stricken by AIDS not to use condoms because they have tiny holes in them. BBC Panorama: Vatican - Condoms Don't Stop HIV.
- News CNN: Wal-Mart to Carry Plan B Contraception www
News on the announcement that the chain would reverse its former stance and begin stocking emergency contraceptives (morning-after pills) in its pharmacies. CNN: Wal-Mart to Carry Plan B Contraception.
- A Emergency Contraception (a.k.a. "Morning After Pill") www
A thorough summary of the issues, Contraception (a.k.a. "Morning After Pill"), from ReligiousTolerance.org. Emergency Contraception (a.k.a. "Morning After Pill").
- Interdisciplinary Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health www
Interdisciplinary group which studies the impact of biomedical technology, Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health, health policy, and demographic shifts on society. Mission statement, upcoming events, past events, future plans, and faculty listing. Case Western Reserve University - Program on Society and Health.
- A Health Facts and Fears www
A news site promoting sound science and combating the hype and junk science. Facts and Fears. The issues covered include food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health. Health Facts and Fears.
- Traces Condom History, Effectiveness and Testing www
Traces the history of condoms from ancient Egypt through modern times. Condom History, Effectiveness and Testing.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Family Planning Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Family Planning Issues
- DMOZ: Family Planning Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Family Planning Issues