Sites about societal issues related to family planning. The abortion issue is covered in Society:Issues:Abortion. Information about birth control is in Health:Reproductive Health:Birth Control. The sub-section "Organizations" lists institutional organizations' sites. Family Planning Issues Society.
Family planning is sometimes used as a synonym or euphemism for access to and the use of contraception. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Family planning services are defined as "educational, comprehensive medical or social activities which enable individuals, including minors, to determine freely the number and spacing of their children and to select the means by which this may be achieved". Family planning may involve consideration of the number of children a woman wishes to have, including the choice to have no children, as well as the age at which she wishes to have them. These matters are influenced by external factors such as marital situation, career considerations, financial position, any disabilities that may affect their ability to have children and raise them, besides many other considerations. If sexually active, family planning may involve the use of contraception and other techniques to control the timing of reproduction.
- Family planning Category
- Natural family planning - Natural family planning comprises the family planning methods approved by the Roman Catholic Church and some Protestant denominations for both achieving and postponing or avoiding pregnancy.
- natalism and antinatalism .
- Parental leave - Parental leave or family leave is an employee benefit available in almost all countries. The term "parental leave" generally includes maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- POPLINE (World's largest reproductive health database).
- Sex selection - Sex selection is the attempt to control the sex of the offspring to achieve a desired sex. It can be accomplished in several ways, both pre- and post-implantation of an embryo, as well as at childbirth. It has been marketed under the title family balancing.
- Human overpopulation - Human overpopulation occurs when the ecological footprint of a human population in a specific geographical location exceeds the carrying capacity of the place occupied by that group.
- Reproductive Reproductive Health Technologies Project www
Reproductive freedom advocacy group, Health Technologies Project, based in the U.S. News and information on emerging issues in contraception, including new contraceptive technologies. Reproductive Health Technologies Project.
- Article AlterNet: Planned Parenthood's Pricey Pills www
Article and commentary about the high cost of contraception at US clinics. AlterNet: Planned Parenthood's Pricey Pills.
- Christian Culture War Hits Local Pharmacy www
Christian Science Monitor article about the issues involved when pharmacists refuse (on religious or moral grounds) to fill prescriptions for contraceptives and morning-after pills. Culture War Hits Local Pharmacy.
- In Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation www
In an interview, Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation, State Family Planning Commission official explains the law and the population and family planning situation in the country. Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation.
- University Bixby Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health www
University of California at Berkeley students, Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health, researchers, and staff working to reduce maternal deaths in developing countries by studying and promoting effective family planning approaches. Bixby Program in Population, Family Planning and Maternal Health.
- Overview Preventing Teenage Pregnancy www
Overview of U. Teenage Pregnancy.S. programs and statistics. Preventing Teenage Pregnancy.
- Discussion Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising www
Discussion of UN data on current contraceptive practices and needs in 153 countries and areas. Contraceptive Use Rising. Overall contraceptive use increased substantially over the past decade in developing countries. [Requires free registration.] Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising.
- Outlines Quinacrine Sterilization www
Outlines concerns about the safety and possible carcinogenicity of quinacrine, Sterilization, use of which is being considered for use in sterilization programs in poor countries. Quinacrine Sterilization.
- Reproductive State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency www
Reproductive health non-governmental organization in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency, India. Information about programs to reduce fertility rate and improve maternal and child health, including personal counseling, contraceptive marketing, and work with personal birth attendants. State Innovations in Family Planning Services Agency.
- Biography, AlexanderSanger.com www
Biography, AlexanderSanger.com, writings, and interests of Alexander C. Sanger. He is the grandson of Margaret Sanger, who founded the birth control movement, and is currently Chair of the International Planned Parenthood Council. AlexanderSanger.com.
- A The Atlantic Online: Abortion www
A collection of articles published in the magazine between 1965 and 1997. Atlantic Online: Abortion. Topics include abortion in American history and a variety of individual perspectives on the issue. The Atlantic Online: Abortion.
- Includes Resources on Abortion www
Includes definitions of important terms, Abortion, background information on abortion law, news stories about the issue, and various opinions. Produced for the Ohio University Computer Assisted Language Learning Lab. Resources on Abortion.
- A MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics www
A center devoted to teaching future clinical ethicists. MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics.
- Home genome.gov | National Human Genome Research Institute www
Home page of the National Human Genome Research Institute, National Human Genome Research Institute, the arm of the U.S. National Institutes of Health dedicated to advancing human health through genetic research. genome.gov | National Human Genome Research Institute.
- Essay Seattle Catholic - The Wisdom of Bishop Cawcutt www
Essay of support for the South African bishop who made statements directly opposed to the Roman Catholic Church's teaching on contraception, Catholic - The Wisdom of Bishop Cawcutt, fornication and homosexuality when he recommended proper condom use as a means of fighting the spread of AIDS. Seattle Catholic - The Wisdom of Bishop Cawcutt.
- Forum Condoms and the Church www
Forum posting tells about an African bishop's pragmatic endorsement of condom use. Condoms and the Church.
- Issues There's Got To Be a Morning After www
Issues surrounding emergency contraception in Australia and initiatives to make the pills easier to obtain. There's Got To Be a Morning After.
- UK The Christian Institute - The Morning After Pill Promoting Promiscuity www
UK Christian organization discusses many objections to emergency contraception and programs to increase the availability of "morning after" birth control. The Christian Institute - The Morning After Pill Promoting Promiscuity.
- Research, Partners In Health www
Research, Health, advocacy and publications related to health, worldwide. Focus upon the poor. Partners with projects in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, United States, with a goal of neither development or charity, but "pragmatic solidarity". Partners In Health.
- Information What Doctors Don't Tell You www
Information database and monthly magazine informing patients of side effects of drugs, Doctors Don't Tell You, and possible alternative remedies. What Doctors Don't Tell You.
- Traces Condom History, Effectiveness and Testing www
Traces the history of condoms from ancient Egypt through modern times. Condom History, Effectiveness and Testing.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Alexa: Family Planning Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Family Planning Issues
- DMOZ: Family Planning Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Family Planning Issues