The National Audubon Society's mission is to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity. Founded in 1905, the National Audubon Society is named for John James Audubon (1785-1851), famed ornithologist, explorer, and wildlife artist. Many resources and campaigns including forest desktop activist guide. National Audubon Society Organizations Environment Issues Society.
The National Audubon Society ( Audubon ) is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to conservation. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The National Audubon Society is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to conservation. Located in the United States and incorporated in 1905, Audubon is one of the oldest of such organizations in the world and uses science, education and grassroots advocacy to advance its conservation mission. It is named in honor of John James Audubon, a Franco-American ornithologist and naturalist who painted, cataloged, and described the birds of North America in his famous book Birds of America published in sections between 1827 and 1838.
- National Audubon Society Category
- Nature centers in Texas
- Audubon movement
- Ornithological organizations in the United States
- Nature centers in California
- Bird conservation organizations
- Nature centers in Arizona
- Conservation organizations based in the United States
- Organizations based in New York City
- Non-profit organizations based in the United States
- Environmental organizations based in the United States
- Audubon Online www
National Audubon Society mission is to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, Online, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity. Founded in 1905, the National Audubon Society is named for John James Audubon (1785-1851), famed ornithologist, explorer, and wildlife artist. Many resources and campaigns including forest desktop activist guide.
- A Audubon International www
A not-for-profit environmental education organization, International, formed in 1996, dedicated to sustainable development. Not affiliated with the National Audubon Society. Audubon International.
- List National Audubon Society Chapters www
List of all National Audubon Society chapters with links to local chapter web sites. National Audubon Society Chapters.
- Designed BirdSource - Birding with a Purpose www
Designed and managed by the National Audubon Society and Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology to promote conservation and environmental learning. Birding with a Purpose. Includes many projects harnessing the power of individual birders to provide widescale data. BirdSource - Birding with a Purpose.
- Searchable List Archives at List.Audubon.org www
Searchable archives, Archives at List.Audubon.org, descriptions, and subscription management for the e-mail groups that Audubon hosts. List Archives at List.Audubon.org.
- Magazine Audubon Magazine www
Magazine of the National Audubon Society. Audubon Magazine.
- Conservation Belize Audubon Society www
Conservation organization working for the protection of the environment and the management of six major national parks-focal point is birds. Belize Audubon Society.
- Events, Bermuda Audubon Society www
Events, Audubon Society, newsletters, bird conservation, bird news and reports, birding in Bermuda, nature reserve descriptions, environmental news, and FAQ. Bermuda Audubon Society.
- Science-based The Bellona Web www
Science-based environmental organization set up to combat problems of environmental degradation, Bellona Web, pollution-induced dangers to human health, and the ecological impacts of economic development strategies. Bellona aims to present feasible solutions with the least impact on human activity. Regularly updated news. Topics include nuclear weapons and climate change. [English, Norsk and Russian.] The Bellona Web.
- An The Interfaith Coalition for the Environment www
An organization whose purpose is to inform and inspire and inform environmental communities about their common interest in protecting and healing the earth. The Interfaith Coalition for the Environment.
- Alexa: National Audubon Society Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: National Audubon Society Organizations
- DMOZ: National Audubon Society Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: National Audubon Society Organizations