The National Audubon Society's mission is to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity. Founded in 1905, the National Audubon Society is named for John James Audubon (1785-1851), famed ornithologist, explorer, and wildlife artist. Many resources and campaigns including forest desktop activist guide. National Audubon Society Organizations Environment Issues Society.
The National Audubon Society ( Audubon ) is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to conservation. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The National Audubon Society is a non-profit environmental organization dedicated to conservation. Located in the United States and incorporated in 1905, Audubon is one of the oldest of such organizations in the world and uses science, education and grassroots advocacy to advance its conservation mission. It is named in honor of John James Audubon, a Franco-American ornithologist and naturalist who painted, cataloged, and described the birds of North America in his famous book Birds of America published in sections between 1827 and 1838.
- National Audubon Society Category
- Nature centers in Texas
- Audubon movement
- Ornithological organizations in the United States
- Nature centers in California
- Bird conservation organizations
- Nature centers in Arizona
- Conservation organizations based in the United States
- Organizations based in New York City
- Environmental organizations based in the United States
- Non-profit organizations based in the United States
- Audubon Online www
National Audubon Society mission is to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, Online, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit of humanity and the earth's biological diversity. Founded in 1905, the National Audubon Society is named for John James Audubon (1785-1851), famed ornithologist, explorer, and wildlife artist. Many resources and campaigns including forest desktop activist guide.
- Magazine Audubon Magazine www
Magazine of the National Audubon Society. Audubon Magazine.
- List National Audubon Society Chapters www
List of all National Audubon Society chapters with links to local chapter web sites. National Audubon Society Chapters.
- Designed BirdSource - Birding with a Purpose www
Designed and managed by the National Audubon Society and Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology to promote conservation and environmental learning. Birding with a Purpose. Includes many projects harnessing the power of individual birders to provide widescale data. BirdSource - Birding with a Purpose.
- Searchable List Archives at List.Audubon.org www
Searchable archives, Archives at List.Audubon.org, descriptions, and subscription management for the e-mail groups that Audubon hosts. List Archives at List.Audubon.org.
- A Audubon International www
A not-for-profit environmental education organization, International, formed in 1996, dedicated to sustainable development. Not affiliated with the National Audubon Society. Audubon International.
- Conservation Belize Audubon Society www
Conservation organization working for the protection of the environment and the management of six major national parks-focal point is birds. Belize Audubon Society.
- Located Audubon Society of Mexico www
Located in San Miguel de Allende, Society of Mexico, Guanajuato. Works to preserve and restore the local habitat for birds and other wild life. Newsletters and brief birding information. Audubon Society of Mexico.
- Supports Both ENDS www
Supports the work of environmental organisations, ENDS, primarily in the so-called South (developing countries) and the Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries. Both ENDS.
- Provides Ocean Advocacy www
Provides mailing list, Advocacy, bulletin board, actions alerts, and news segments regarding the environment. Focused on preserving the oceans from pollution. Ocean Advocacy.
- Alexa: National Audubon Society Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: National Audubon Society Organizations
- DMOZ: National Audubon Society Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: National Audubon Society Organizations