End of Life issues in society have to do with whether death occurs "naturally," the quality of life near death, and who determines and who chooses among the alternatives for living or dying near the end of one's life. End-of-Life Issues Society.
- End-of-life (product) A term used with respect to a product supplied to customers, indicating that the product is in...
- End-of-life care In medicine, nursing and the allied health professions, end-of-life care refers to health care...
- End of Life Vehicles Directive A Directive of the European Union addressing the end of life for automotive products.
- The Shouting End of Life An album by British folk music group Oysterband, released in 1995.
- End-of-life End-of-life Care www
End-of-life issues - meeting the physical, Care, psychological, social, spiritual, and practical needs of terminally ill patients and their caregivers. End-of-life Care.
- Official Elisabeth Kubler-Ross www
Official site for the psychiatrist who wrote the groundbreaking book "On Death and Dying. Kubler-Ross." Biography, publications, quotes, and related links. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
- Discusses Responding to Patients in the Persistent Vegetative State www
Discusses the withdrawal of food and fluids from PVS patients without other complicating conditions from a Christian viewpoint. Responding to Patients in the Persistent Vegetative State.
- Resources The End of Life - Exploring Death in America www
Resources for people with life-threatening diseases and transcripts of the radio program, End of Life - Exploring Death in America, "All Things Considered." The End of Life - Exploring Death in America.
- Seeks Duke Institute on Care at the End of Life www
Seeks to improve care at the end of life through interdisciplinary scholarship, Institute on Care at the End of Life, teaching, and outreach. Duke Institute on Care at the End of Life.
- Four-part On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying www
Four-part PBS series by television journalist Bill Moyers that focuses on end-of-life care in the U. Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying.S. On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying.
- Gives Estate of Denial www
Gives the "dark side" of estate management plus involuntary redistribution of assets via trusts, Denial, wills, and guardianships. Exposes an industry where lawyers and others manipulate circumstances for asset distributions contrary to intended wishes of the deceased and disabled. Estate of Denial.
- This Innovations in End-of-Life Care www
This on-line journal features peer-reviewed examples of promising practices in end-of-life care. Innovations in End-of-Life Care.
- A Before I Die www
A PBS program exploring the medical, Die, ethical, and social issues surrounding end-of-life care in America today. Features real life stories about people who have faced these personal decisions. Before I Die.
- Campaign Last Acts www
Campaign to improve care of the dying by coalition of healthcare professional and consumer organizations. Acts. News and discussion on death and dying, reports on palliative care, resource directory, free publications, and e-mail newsletter provided. Last Acts.
- Mission Death with Dignity National Center www
Mission is to expand end-of-life choices and advance the legalization of physician aid in dying. Death with Dignity National Center.
- Report American Psychological Association: End-of-Life Care Issues and Care www
Report examines the role of psychology and psychologists in end-of-life decisions and quality of care issues. American Psychological Association: End-of-Life Care Issues and Care.
- The Roe v. Wade (1973) www
The U. Wade (1973).S. Supreme Court decision which struck down many state laws restricting abortion. At the Legal Information Institute (Cornell University). Roe v. Wade (1973).
- Effective Abortion and Ethics www
Effective meta-site containing facilitated access to relevant articles, and Ethics, books, court decisions, and current news articles. Biographical guide, discussion forum, Internet resources. Abortion and Ethics.
- List Famous Dead www
List of well-known people with cause of death. Famous Dead.
- A Roadside America - Pet Cemetery www
A listing of offbeat pet cemeteries in the United States. America - Pet Cemetery. Includes morbid facts. Roadside America - Pet Cemetery.
- Bipartisan Almanac of Policy Issues www
Bipartisan news, Policy Issues, background information, and statistics. Almanac of Policy Issues.
- Covers Punishment: The Death Penalty www
Covers history, The Death Penalty, opinions, eye-witness reports, and trivia. Punishment: The Death Penalty.
- Article End of Life Choices in Halacha www
Article explains how Jewish law addresses end of life issues End of Life Choices in Halacha.
- Discussion Ethics Side of Suicide www
Discussion of issues related to care of suicidal individuals by clinicians; ethical typology of suicde; links to related resources. Ethics Side of Suicide.
- Professors Euthanasia: the debate continues www
Professors at the Vancouver Island University (British Columbia, the debate continues, Canada) present arguments for and against hastened dying. Euthanasia: the debate continues.
- Includes When Death is Sought www
Includes the epidemiology of suicide, Death is Sought, law, ethical debate, public policy, and caring for the severely ill. From the New York State Department of Health When Death is Sought.
- Funerary Funeral Customs of the Northern Khants www
Funerary practices of a West Siberian tribe in the last quarter of the 20th century. Funeral Customs of the Northern Khants.
- Website The Call of Yama www
Website exploring death according to Hindusim. Call of Yama. Includes answers to frequently asked questions, and a photographic exhibit. The Call of Yama.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Alexa: End-of-Life Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: End-of-Life Issues
- DMOZ: End-of-Life Issues
dmoz.org Directory: End-of-Life Issues