End of Life issues in society have to do with whether death occurs "naturally," the quality of life near death, and who determines and who chooses among the alternatives for living or dying near the end of one's life. End-of-Life Issues Society.
- End-of-life (product) A term used with respect to a product supplied to customers, indicating that the product is in...
- End-of-life care In medicine, nursing and the allied health professions, end-of-life care refers to health care...
- End of Life Vehicles Directive A Directive of the European Union addressing the end of life for automotive products.
- The Shouting End of Life An album by British folk music group Oysterband, released in 1995.
- Discusses Responding to Patients in the Persistent Vegetative State www
Discusses the withdrawal of food and fluids from PVS patients without other complicating conditions from a Christian viewpoint. Responding to Patients in the Persistent Vegetative State.
- Resources The End of Life - Exploring Death in America www
Resources for people with life-threatening diseases and transcripts of the radio program, End of Life - Exploring Death in America, "All Things Considered." The End of Life - Exploring Death in America.
- Seeks Duke Institute on Care at the End of Life www
Seeks to improve care at the end of life through interdisciplinary scholarship, Institute on Care at the End of Life, teaching, and outreach. Duke Institute on Care at the End of Life.
- Official Elisabeth Kubler-Ross www
Official site for the psychiatrist who wrote the groundbreaking book "On Death and Dying. Kubler-Ross." Biography, publications, quotes, and related links. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
- Campaign Last Acts www
Campaign to improve care of the dying by coalition of healthcare professional and consumer organizations. Acts. News and discussion on death and dying, reports on palliative care, resource directory, free publications, and e-mail newsletter provided. Last Acts.
- Four-part On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying www
Four-part PBS series by television journalist Bill Moyers that focuses on end-of-life care in the U. Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying.S. On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying.
- Gives Estate of Denial www
Gives the "dark side" of estate management plus involuntary redistribution of assets via trusts, Denial, wills, and guardianships. Exposes an industry where lawyers and others manipulate circumstances for asset distributions contrary to intended wishes of the deceased and disabled. Estate of Denial.
- A Before I Die www
A PBS program exploring the medical, Die, ethical, and social issues surrounding end-of-life care in America today. Features real life stories about people who have faced these personal decisions. Before I Die.
- Mission Death with Dignity National Center www
Mission is to expand end-of-life choices and advance the legalization of physician aid in dying. Death with Dignity National Center.
- End-of-life End-of-life Care www
End-of-life issues - meeting the physical, Care, psychological, social, spiritual, and practical needs of terminally ill patients and their caregivers. End-of-life Care.
- Report American Psychological Association: End-of-Life Care Issues and Care www
Report examines the role of psychology and psychologists in end-of-life decisions and quality of care issues. American Psychological Association: End-of-Life Care Issues and Care.
- This Innovations in End-of-Life Care www
This on-line journal features peer-reviewed examples of promising practices in end-of-life care. Innovations in End-of-Life Care.
- United Abortion Policies: A Global Review www
United Nations Population Division report on abortion laws and policies around the world, Policies: A Global Review, including a country-by-country survey. [Documents are in PDF and DOC formats.] Abortion Policies: A Global Review.
- Principled On Abortion: A Lincolnian Position www
Principled yet pragmatic, Abortion: A Lincolnian Position, Lincoln's stand on slavery offers a basis for a new politics of civility that is at once anti-abortion and pro-choice. Published in the Atlantic Monthly, September 1995. On Abortion: A Lincolnian Position.
- Online BellaOnline Life Clock www
Online quiz yields estimated life span according to various factors. BellaOnline Life Clock.
- Explores Death, Life and the Question of Identity www
Explores the way identity is affected by the inevitability of death. Death, Life and the Question of Identity.
- Bipartisan Almanac of Policy Issues www
Bipartisan news, Policy Issues, background information, and statistics. Almanac of Policy Issues.
- Book Hangmans Knot www
Book by Eliza Steelwater on a history of capital punishment practices in America. Knot. Contains news, a biography, and reviews. Hangmans Knot.
- Article End of Life Choices in Halacha www
Article explains how Jewish law addresses end of life issues End of Life Choices in Halacha.
- Envisions Center For Ethics And Advocacy In Healthcare www
Envisions a society that preserves and enhances personhood and human dignity in illness and dying. Center For Ethics And Advocacy In Healthcare.
- A Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Voluntary Euthanasia www
A comprehensive entry with background information on the issue. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Voluntary Euthanasia.
- Articles The Sydney Morning Herald - Euthanasia Debate www
Articles about end-of-life choice campaigns and individuals who have hastened their deaths. The Sydney Morning Herald - Euthanasia Debate.
- Good History Of Funeral Customs www
Good introduction from the Wyoming Funeral Directors Association site. History Of Funeral Customs.
- Omens Orkney Islands www
Omens of Death Orkney Islands.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: End-of-Life Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: End-of-Life Issues
- DMOZ: End-of-Life Issues
dmoz.org Directory: End-of-Life Issues