Societal issues related to the punishment of crime (prison management, prison reform, capital punishment) and the prevention and prosecution of crime. Listings related to particular types of crime generally belong in other categories. Crime and Justice Issues Society.
Crime and Justice is an annual series of peer-reviewed commissioned essays on crime-related research subjects published by The University of Chicago Press. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Crime and Justice is an annual series of peer-reviewed commissioned essays on crime-related research subjects published by The University of Chicago Press. The journal was established in 1979. According to its self-description, it "explores a full range of issues concerning crime, its causes, and its cure", offering "an interdisciplinary approach to address core issues in criminology, with perspectives from biology, law, psychology, ethics, history, and sociology".
- University of Chicago Press academic journals
- Criminology journals
- American law journals
- Annual journals
- Forfeiture Endangers American Rights Foundation www
FEAR is an American nonprofit organization dedicated to reform of federal and state asset forfeiture laws to restore due process and protect property rights in the forfeiture process. Endangers American Rights Foundation.
- Primary United States Department of Justice www
Primary federal criminal investigation and enforcement agency. United States Department of Justice.
- International Transparency International (TI) www
International non-governmental organisation devoted to combating corruption. International (TI). TI focuses on prevention and reforming systems. Transparency International (TI).
- A Association for Criminal Justice Research (California) www
A group of public servants, for Criminal Justice Research (California), practitioners, evaluators, analysts and academics sharing information from a research focus. Includes membership details, conference information, list of member interest areas, and newsletters. Association for Criminal Justice Research (California).
- Compares HomeFair.com www
Compares crime rates for major North American cities. HomeFair.com.
- Charity Centre for Crime and Justice Studies (CCJS) www
Charity which aims to inform and educate about all aspects of crime and the criminal justice system. for Crime and Justice Studies (CCJS). Houses UK criminal justice links, events, and publications, including The British Journal of Criminology and CJM. Centre for Crime and Justice Studies (CCJS).
- Works Center for Community Alternatives www
Works in the fields of juvenile and criminal justice and offers training, for Community Alternatives, research and technical assistance. Center for Community Alternatives.
- The Crime and Criminals Email List www
The purpose of this list is to talk about crimes, and Criminals Email List, criminals, and punishment. The latest news is posted to this site everyday. Crime and Criminals Email List.
- CJPF Criminal Justice Policy Foundation www
CJPF provides information to policy makers and the public to promote innovative ideas about criminal justice issues, Justice Policy Foundation, including sentencing, drug policy, and police policy. Criminal Justice Policy Foundation.
- Information Centre for Restorative Justice, Simon Fraser University www
Information about the center, for Restorative Justice, Simon Fraser University, with resources and details of current projects, as well as information about the 2001 Ron Wiebe Memorial Lecture and Dialogue on Restorative Justice. Centre for Restorative Justice, Simon Fraser University.
- Lists National Criminal Justice Reference Service www
Lists publications and links on corrections, Criminal Justice Reference Service, courts, crime, drugs, international crime, juvenile justice, law enforcement, research, statistics, crime victims. National Criminal Justice Reference Service.
- Background Almanac of Policy Issues: Criminal Justice www
Background information and links on U. Policy Issues: Criminal Justice.S. criminal justice policy, including issues like gun control, drug policy, and the death penalty. Almanac of Policy Issues: Criminal Justice.
- Not-for-profit You Have the Power www
Not-for-profit agency devoted to raising awareness about criminal justice and crime prevention. Have the Power. Resource links and sale of educational products. You Have the Power.
- News Miranda Rights www
News and resources on the history and fate of the warnings given while being arrested. Miranda Rights.
- Links Financial Scandals www
Links to information on financial scandals, Scandals, bank frauds, money laundering, corruption, scams, and organized crime. Financial Scandals.
- Information Community Justice Portal www
Information exchange, Justice Portal, networking and e-learning for people working in the community and criminal justice system. Includes news, press releases, job ads, publications, and discussion forum. [Registration required] Community Justice Portal.
- A Vera Institute of Justice www
A nonprofit organization that works closely with government to improve the services that people rely on for safety and justice. Vera Institute of Justice.
- Private National Center on Institutions and Alternatives www
Private nonprofit, Center on Institutions and Alternatives, progressive, and effective criminal justice and human services agency founded in 1977. National Center on Institutions and Alternatives.
- Offers Community Justice Exchange www
Offers information and assistance to help bring together criminal justice agencies and ordinary citizens to make communities safer. Community Justice Exchange.
- Newspaper Spokane.net - City of Second Chances www
Newspaper series on the influx of paroled convicts into Spokane, City of Second Chances, Wash., including sex offenders. Spokane.net - City of Second Chances.
- Articles True Crime Articles www
Articles covering a wide area of true crimes. True Crime Articles.
- Includes Liberty, Attainder, Bills of Attainder & the Constitution www
Includes information relating the prohibition of Bills of Attainder to asset forfeiture. Liberty, Attainder, Bills of Attainder & the Constitution.
- This Child Labor and Society www
This site seeks to move beyong just saying "child labor is wrong", Labor and Society, to understand the social conditions that lead to children being forced to work. Child Labor and Society.
- Sixty The History Place: Child Labor in America www
Sixty photographs by Lewis W. History Place: Child Labor in America. Hine the investigative photographer who worked for the Child Labor Bureau. The History Place: Child Labor in America.
- Publisher Corporate Watch www
Publisher of Corporate Watch Magazine; a UK based research group supporting the anti-corporate movement. Corporate Watch.
- Articles White Collar Crime www
Articles and resources on Corporate crime waves, Collar Crime, business scams, workplace ethics, identity theft, fraud, and credit card crimes. White Collar Crime.
- Why The Eagle: Jury Nullification www
Why you should know what it is. Eagle: Jury Nullification. Article by Russ Emal. The Eagle: Jury Nullification.
- FIJA Fully Informed Jury Association www
FIJA is a non-profit organization aiming to inform all Americans about their rights, Informed Jury Association, powers and responsibilities when serving as trial jurors. Fully Informed Jury Association.
- Encyclopedia Crime Magazine www
Encyclopedia features prisons to assassinations, Magazine, celebrity crime to gangsters, fugitives to the unjustly convicted. Crime Magazine.
- Australian Crimenet www
Australian based service provides a database of convicted criminals, Crimenet, con artists, frauds, scams, pedophiles, sex offenders, stolen property, missing persons, and unsolved crime. Crimenet.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Crime and Justice Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Crime and Justice Issues
- DMOZ: Crime and Justice Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Crime and Justice Issues