Youth and Family Child Labor Children Issues Society.
Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their childhood, interferes with their ability to attend regular school, and that is mentally, physically, socially or morally dangerous and harmful. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their childhood, interferes with their ability to attend regular school, and that is mentally, physically, socially or morally dangerous and harmful. This practice is considered exploitative by many international organisations. Legislation across the world prohibit child labour. These laws do not consider all work by children as child labour; exceptions include work by child artists, family duties, supervised training, certain categories of work such as those by Amish children, some forms of child work common among indigenous American children, and others. Child labour has existed to varying extents, through most of history. During the 19th and early 20th centuries, many children aged 5?14 from poorer families still worked in Europe, the United States and various colonies of European powers.
- Child labour Category
- Child abuse - Child abuse or child maltreatment is physical, sexual, or psychological maltreatment or neglect of a child or children, especially by a parent or other caregiver.
- Child labour in Africa - Child labour in Africa is the employment of children in a manner that deprives them of their childhood, and is harmful to their physical and mental development. Africa has the world's highest incidence rates of child labour.
- Child labour in Bangladesh - Child labour in Bangladesh is common, with 4.7 million or 12.6% of children aged 5 to 14 in the work force. Out of the child labourers engaged in the work force, 83% are employed in rural areas and 17% are employed in urban areas.
- Child labour in India - Child labour is the practice of having children engage in economic activity, on a part- or full-time basis. The practice deprives children of their childhood, and is harmful to their physical and mental development.
- Child migration - Child migration or "children in migration or mobility" is the movement of people ages 3?18 within or across political borders, with or without their parents or a legal guardian, to another country or region. They may travel with or without legal travel documents.
- Child prostitution - Child prostitution is prostitution involving a child, and it is a form of commercial sexual exploitation of children. The term normally refers to prostitution of a minor, or person under the legal age of consent.
- Ethically disputed working conditions
- History of youth
- Human trafficking
- Labor rights
- Addresses Free The Children www
Addresses the issue of child labor in developing countries. Free The Children.
- A Child Domestics: The World's Invisible Workers www
A background article on child domestic labor, Domestics: The World's Invisible Workers, with a focus on abuse suffered by girls. Child Domestics: The World's Invisible Workers.
- A GoodWeave www
A global nonprofit organization working to end child labor and offer educational opportunities for children in South Asia. GoodWeave.
- An Project Mala www
An action programme for the elimination of child labour in the hand knotted carpet industry in eastern Uttar Pradesh, Mala, India. Project Mala.
- Child Global March Against Child Labor www
Child labor condemns millions of children around the world to a life of servitude. March Against Child Labor. Reports, papers and details of the Global March Against Child Labor which took place in 1998. Global March Against Child Labor.
- Sixty The History Place: Child Labor in America www
Sixty photographs by Lewis W. History Place: Child Labor in America. Hine the investigative photographer who worked for the Child Labor Bureau. The History Place: Child Labor in America.
- Offers North American Guidelines for Children's Agricultural Tasks www
Offers parents, American Guidelines for Children's Agricultural Tasks, employers, and educators a resource on assigning agricultural jobs to children 7 to 16 years of age. North American Guidelines for Children's Agricultural Tasks.
- Pakistan Child Labor in Pakistan www
Pakistan has recently passed laws greatly limiting child labor and indentured servitude, Labor in Pakistan, but those laws are universally ignored, and some 11 million children, aged four to fourteen, keep that country's factories operating, often working in brutal and squalid conditions. (Atlantic Monthly) Child Labor in Pakistan.
- Report Tainted Harvest: Child Labor and Obstacles to Organizing on Ecuador's Banana Plantations www
Report by Human Rights Watch examines child banana workers in Ecuador as the victims of serious human rights abuses. Tainted Harvest: Child Labor and Obstacles to Organizing on Ecuador's Banana Plantations.
- National Child Labor Coalition www
National US network for the exchange of information about child labor; providing a forum and a unified voice on protecting working minors and ending child labor exploitation; and developing informational and educational outreach to the public and private sectors. Child Labor Coalition.
- Site Child Workers in Nepal www
Site with extensive information on child labor in Nepal including a photo archive. Child Workers in Nepal.
- Tackles Christian Morality: Issue on Child Labor www
Tackles the issue on Child Labor especially in the Philippines, Morality: Issue on Child Labor, where an estimated 2 million children are compelled to work. It relates the problems caused by child labor, some analysis, and advocacy against the issue. Christian Morality: Issue on Child Labor.
- A Helping Hands www
A website exploring the complex problem of child-labor in India. Hands. Includes many pictures. Helping Hands.
- Photographs Stolen Dreams www
Photographs by David Parker, Dreams, MD, MPH, documenting child labor in the United States, Mexico, Thailand, Nepal, Bangladesh, Turkey, Morocco, Indonesia, and India. Stolen Dreams.
- This Child Labor and Society www
This site seeks to move beyong just saying "child labor is wrong", Labor and Society, to understand the social conditions that lead to children being forced to work. Child Labor and Society.
- Includes Human Rights Watch - Child Labor www
Includes information about bonded child labor and the international trafficking of children, Rights Watch - Child Labor, and links to detailed reports. Human Rights Watch - Child Labor.
- A Turning a Blind Eye: Hazardous Child Labor in El Salvador’s Sugarcane Cultivation www
A report on child labor in the sugarcane plantations of El Salvador. Turning a Blind Eye: Hazardous Child Labor in El Salvador’s Sugarcane Cultivation.
- Documents Abuses Against Child Domestic Workers in El Salvador www
Documents the situation of girls in El Salvador that work as domestics, Against Child Domestic Workers in El Salvador, a form of labor that makes them particularly vulnerable to physical abuse and sexual harassment. Abuses Against Child Domestic Workers in El Salvador.
- CWC Concerned For Working Children, Karnataka state, India www
CWC works with local governments, For Working Children, Karnataka state, India, community and working children themselves to implement viable, comprehensive, sustainable and appropriate solutions in partnership , so that children do not have to work. Concerned For Working Children, Karnataka state, India.
- The South Africa: Children's Constitutional Rights www
The new Constitution gave children rights which they should use to prepare themselves for the challenges of the future. South Africa: Children's Constitutional Rights.
- Identifies New Jersey Office of the Child Advocate www
Identifies systemic problems that prevent government or community agencies from achieving positive outcomes for children. Jersey Office of the Child Advocate. Projects, newsletter, hotline, and information on child abuse. New Jersey Office of the Child Advocate.
- Promotes State of Illinois All Kids www
Promotes legislation to provide universal health insurance for children in Illinois. Illinois All Kids. Advocacy, news, and statistics. State of Illinois All Kids.
- Organization William Wilberforce House Anti-Slavery Society www
Organization working for the suppression of child labor and slavery. Wilberforce House Anti-Slavery Society. Consumer guides, newsroom, kids' section, and profiles of current issues. William Wilberforce House Anti-Slavery Society.
- Non-profit Jean R. Cadet Restavec Foundation www
Non-profit social justice group against child slavery in Haiti fighting to free children that are enslaved in the Haitian restavec system. Jean R. Cadet Restavec Foundation.
- Full UNICEF: Impact of Armed Conflict on Children www
Full text of and other information surrounding the official report produced by Graca Machel, Impact of Armed Conflict on Children, Expert of the Secretary-General of the UN. UNICEF: Impact of Armed Conflict on Children.
- Most BBC News - Child Soldiers: Children of Conflict www
Most of the victims are obviously boys. News - Child Soldiers: Children of Conflict. Listen to child soldiers, wounded, lost and working children tell their stories in sound files. BBC News - Child Soldiers: Children of Conflict.
- Human Bonded Child Labor In India www
Human Rights Watch Children's Rights Project report documents the causes of bonded labor, Child Labor In India, case studies, statistics and Government policies which deal with this socio-economic phenomena. Bonded Child Labor In India.
- Presents Concerned for Working Children (CWC) www
Presents information on the status of working children in Karnataka state and the group's efforts to implement solutions. for Working Children (CWC). Concerned for Working Children (CWC).
- AFL-CIO-affiliated A. Philip Randolph Institute www
AFL-CIO-affiliated organization of black trade unionists, Philip Randolph Institute, working to build black community support for the movement. Biographies and history, products and services, conference information, and news provided. A. Philip Randolph Institute.
- Web Union-Yes.cc Web Hosting www
Web site hosting services for unions, Web Hosting, nonprofit organizations and businesses. Free 'say union yes' email address available for union members. Union-Yes.cc Web Hosting.
- Works Fair Labor Association www
Works with major corporations to improve human rights through agreements with clothing retailers to set minimum anti-sweatshop standards. Fair Labor Association.
- Promotes MicroRevolt www
Promotes knitting as a form of anti-sweatshop protest. MicroRevolt. Offers an application that generates knitting patterns of corporate logos. MicroRevolt.
- An Children's Bureau Express www
An online, Bureau Express, monthly digest designed for professionals concerned with child abuse and neglect, child welfare, and adoption. Children's Bureau Express.
- Provides D.A.R.E. www
Provides children with the information and skills they need to live drug and violence free lives. D.A.R.E..
- Alexa: Youth and Family Child Labor
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Youth and Family Child Labor
- DMOZ: Youth and Family Child Labor
dmoz.org Directory: Youth and Family Child Labor