Youth and Family Child Labor Children Issues Society.
Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their childhood, interferes with their ability to attend regular school, and that is mentally, physically, socially or morally dangerous and harmful. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their childhood, interferes with their ability to attend regular school, and that is mentally, physically, socially or morally dangerous and harmful. This practice is considered exploitative by many international organisations. Legislation across the world prohibit child labour. These laws do not consider all work by children as child labour; exceptions include work by child artists, family duties, supervised training, certain categories of work such as those by Amish children, some forms of child work common among indigenous American children, and others. Child labour has existed to varying extents, through most of history. During the 19th and early 20th centuries, many children aged 5?14 from poorer families still worked in Europe, the United States and various colonies of European powers.
- Child labour Category
- Child abuse - Child abuse or child maltreatment is physical, sexual, or psychological maltreatment or neglect of a child or children, especially by a parent or other caregiver.
- Child labour in Africa - Child labour in Africa is the employment of children in a manner that deprives them of their childhood, and is harmful to their physical and mental development. Africa has the world's highest incidence rates of child labour.
- Child labour in Bangladesh - Child labour in Bangladesh is common, with 4.7 million or 12.6% of children aged 5 to 14 in the work force. Out of the child labourers engaged in the work force, 83% are employed in rural areas and 17% are employed in urban areas.
- Child labour in India - Child labour is the practice of having children engage in economic activity, on a part- or full-time basis. The practice deprives children of their childhood, and is harmful to their physical and mental development.
- Child migration - Child migration or "children in migration or mobility" is the movement of people ages 3-18 within or across political borders, with or without their parents or a legal guardian, to another country or region. They may travel with or without legal travel documents.
- Child prostitution - Child prostitution is prostitution involving a child, and it is a form of commercial sexual exploitation of children. The term normally refers to prostitution of a minor, or person under the legal age of consent.
- Ethically disputed working conditions
- History of youth
- Human trafficking
- Labor rights
- Addresses Free The Children www
Addresses the issue of child labor in developing countries. Free The Children.
- Site Child Workers in Nepal www
Site with extensive information on child labor in Nepal including a photo archive. Child Workers in Nepal.
- An Project Mala www
An action programme for the elimination of child labour in the hand knotted carpet industry in eastern Uttar Pradesh, Mala, India. Project Mala.
- This Child Labor and Society www
This site seeks to move beyong just saying "child labor is wrong", Labor and Society, to understand the social conditions that lead to children being forced to work. Child Labor and Society.
- Pakistan Child Labor in Pakistan www
Pakistan has recently passed laws greatly limiting child labor and indentured servitude, Labor in Pakistan, but those laws are universally ignored, and some 11 million children, aged four to fourteen, keep that country's factories operating, often working in brutal and squalid conditions. (Atlantic Monthly) Child Labor in Pakistan.
- National Child Labor Coalition www
National US network for the exchange of information about child labor; providing a forum and a unified voice on protecting working minors and ending child labor exploitation; and developing informational and educational outreach to the public and private sectors. Child Labor Coalition.
- Includes Human Rights Watch - Child Labor www
Includes information about bonded child labor and the international trafficking of children, Rights Watch - Child Labor, and links to detailed reports. Human Rights Watch - Child Labor.
- A Helping Hands www
A website exploring the complex problem of child-labor in India. Hands. Includes many pictures. Helping Hands.
- Documents Abuses Against Child Domestic Workers in El Salvador www
Documents the situation of girls in El Salvador that work as domestics, Against Child Domestic Workers in El Salvador, a form of labor that makes them particularly vulnerable to physical abuse and sexual harassment. Abuses Against Child Domestic Workers in El Salvador.
- Report Tainted Harvest: Child Labor and Obstacles to Organizing on Ecuador's Banana Plantations www
Report by Human Rights Watch examines child banana workers in Ecuador as the victims of serious human rights abuses. Tainted Harvest: Child Labor and Obstacles to Organizing on Ecuador's Banana Plantations.
- The South Africa: Children's Constitutional Rights www
The new Constitution gave children rights which they should use to prepare themselves for the challenges of the future. South Africa: Children's Constitutional Rights.
- CWC Concerned For Working Children, Karnataka state, India www
CWC works with local governments, For Working Children, Karnataka state, India, community and working children themselves to implement viable, comprehensive, sustainable and appropriate solutions in partnership , so that children do not have to work. Concerned For Working Children, Karnataka state, India.
- Offers North American Guidelines for Children's Agricultural Tasks www
Offers parents, American Guidelines for Children's Agricultural Tasks, employers, and educators a resource on assigning agricultural jobs to children 7 to 16 years of age. North American Guidelines for Children's Agricultural Tasks.
- A Turning a Blind Eye: Hazardous Child Labor in El Salvador’s Sugarcane Cultivation www
A report on child labor in the sugarcane plantations of El Salvador. Turning a Blind Eye: Hazardous Child Labor in El Salvador’s Sugarcane Cultivation.
- Sixty The History Place: Child Labor in America www
Sixty photographs by Lewis W. History Place: Child Labor in America. Hine the investigative photographer who worked for the Child Labor Bureau. The History Place: Child Labor in America.
- Child Global March Against Child Labor www
Child labor condemns millions of children around the world to a life of servitude. March Against Child Labor. Reports, papers and details of the Global March Against Child Labor which took place in 1998. Global March Against Child Labor.
- Photographs Stolen Dreams www
Photographs by David Parker, Dreams, MD, MPH, documenting child labor in the United States, Mexico, Thailand, Nepal, Bangladesh, Turkey, Morocco, Indonesia, and India. Stolen Dreams.
- A GoodWeave www
A global nonprofit organization working to end child labor and offer educational opportunities for children in South Asia. GoodWeave.
- Tackles Christian Morality: Issue on Child Labor www
Tackles the issue on Child Labor especially in the Philippines, Morality: Issue on Child Labor, where an estimated 2 million children are compelled to work. It relates the problems caused by child labor, some analysis, and advocacy against the issue. Christian Morality: Issue on Child Labor.
- A Child Domestics: The World's Invisible Workers www
A background article on child domestic labor, Domestics: The World's Invisible Workers, with a focus on abuse suffered by girls. Child Domestics: The World's Invisible Workers.
- A World Children's Center www
A planned community for approximately 500 orphaned, Children's Center, neglected and abused children from Georgia, the United States and the world. World Children's Center.
- Devoted Wings For Children www
Devoted to stopping child abuse and finding missing children. For Children. Provides free air transportation to sick, poor, and abused children. Wings For Children.
- Directory Bonded Labor/Debt Bondage Resources www
Bonded Labor/Debt Bondage Resources.
- Resources Global March Against Child Labour www
Resources and information relating to the campaign against child labour. Global March Against Child Labour.
- Nonprofit Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers www
Nonprofit activist group working to stop the recruitment of children in war. Coalition to Stop the Use of Child Soldiers.
- Extract Impact of Armed Conflict on Children: Child Soldiers www
Extract from the report of Graca Machel, Armed Conflict on Children: Child Soldiers, expert of the Secretary-General of the UN. Impact of Armed Conflict on Children: Child Soldiers.
- Human Bonded Child Labor In India www
Human Rights Watch Children's Rights Project report documents the causes of bonded labor, Child Labor In India, case studies, statistics and Government policies which deal with this socio-economic phenomena. Bonded Child Labor In India.
- Presents Concerned for Working Children (CWC) www
Presents information on the status of working children in Karnataka state and the group's efforts to implement solutions. for Working Children (CWC). Concerned for Working Children (CWC).
- A The Coalition of Immokalee Workers www
A community-based worker organization. Coalition of Immokalee Workers. Its members are largely Hispanic, Haitian, and Mayan Indian immigrants working in low-wage jobs throughout the Southwest Florida region. The Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Company UnionWare www
Company offering software support to the labor movement. UnionWare.
- Verité Verité www
Verité is an independent non-profit organization monitoring international labor rights abuses in off-shore production sites. Verité.
- NMASS National Mobilization Against Sweatshops www
NMASS is aimed at fundamentally transforming the sweatshop system according to the needs and human rights of working people. National Mobilization Against Sweatshops.
- Established Children and the Law www
Established in 1978, and the Law, the ABA Center on Children and the Law's mission is to improve children's lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice, and public policy. Children and the Law.
- Web Middle of Somewhere www
Web magazine for children of missionary families. Somewhere. Published by students from the American Christian School in Japan. Middle of Somewhere.
- Alexa: Youth and Family Child Labor
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Youth and Family Child Labor
- DMOZ: Youth and Family Child Labor
dmoz.org Directory: Youth and Family Child Labor