Sites in this section present discussion and-or information on agriculture issues. Agriculture Business Issues Society.
Agriculture is the cultivation of animals, plants and fungi for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal plants and other products used to sustain and enhance human life. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Agriculture is the cultivation and breeding of animals, plants and fungi for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal plants and other products used to sustain and enhance human life. Agriculture was the key development in the rise of sedentary human civilization, whereby farming of domesticated species created food surpluses that nurtured the development of civilization. The study of agriculture is known as agricultural science. The history of agriculture dates back thousands of years, and its development has been driven and defined by greatly different climates, cultures, and technologies. Industrial agriculture based on large-scale monoculture farming has become the dominant agricultural method. Modern agronomy, plant breeding, agrochemicals such as pesticides and fertilizers, and technological developments have in many cases sharply increased yields from cultivation, but at the same time have caused widespread ecological damage and negative human health effects.
- Agriculture Category
- Aeroponics - Aeroponics is the process of growing plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil or an aggregate medium. The word "aeroponic" is derived from the Greek meanings of aer and ponos. Aeroponic culture differs from both conventional hydroponics, aquaponics, and in-vitro growing.
- Agricultural engineering - Agricultural engineering is the engineering discipline that studies agricultural production and processing.
- Agricultural robot - Agricultural robots or agbot is a robot deployed for agricultural purposes. The main area of application of robots in agriculture today is at the harvesting stage.
- Agricultural value chain - The agricultural value chain concept has been used since the beginning of the millennium, primarily by those working in agricultural development in developing countries.
- Agroecology - Agroecology is the study of ecological processes applied to agricultural production systems. The prefix ' refers to agriculture. Bringing ecological principles to bear in agroecosystems can suggest novel management approaches that would not otherwise be considered.
- Agroforestry - Agroforestry or agro-sylviculture is a land use management system in which trees or shrubs are grown around or among crops or pastureland.
- Food industry
- Criticism Don't Buy SFI www
Criticism of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative as a tool and a distraction developed by the larger players in the US forestry industry. Don't Buy SFI.
- Find farmsubsidy.org www
Find out who gets what from the European Union’s Common Agricultural Policy. farmsubsidy.org. This is a collaborative project bringing together journalists and activists from more than ten European countries. farmsubsidy.org.
- The Farm Animal Welfare: the Power Struggle www
The struggle between the differing interests of consumers, Animal Welfare: the Power Struggle, farm animals, farmers, retailers, media, politicians, scientists, vegetarians and welfare campaigners. Farm Animal Welfare: the Power Struggle.
- October World Farm Animals Day - WFAD www
October 2nd is a celebration to get people involved against factory farming. Farm Animals Day - WFAD. Page describes areas of concern regarding the treatment of domestic species as well as the negative impact of poor animal husbandry practices in rural areas. World Farm Animals Day - WFAD.
- Essay Comida: An Experience in Famine www
Essay by Frank Norris, Experience in Famine, published 1899 about famine in Cuba. Comida: An Experience in Famine.
- Account What is Famine www
Account of what famine is, Famine, and a brief discussion of the reasons for it. What is Famine.
- Working American Farmland Trust www
Working to stop the loss of productive farmland and promote healthier farming practices in the U. Farmland Trust.S. American Farmland Trust.
- Some Ecological Farming May Cause More Heavy Metals In The Soil www
Some systems of ecological arable farming which use only organic fertilisers contaminate the soil with levels of cadmium, Farming May Cause More Heavy Metals In The Soil, copper and lead which are twice as high as when a combination of both animal manure and artificial fertiliser is used. Ecological Farming May Cause More Heavy Metals In The Soil.
- VegSource.com Myths About GMO www
VegSource. About GMO.com paper argues that biotech has no benefits for starving people in the developing world. Myths About GMO.
- Sponsored AgBioWorld www
Sponsored by scientists in favor of crop biotechnology. AgBioWorld. Members include Nobel Prize winners Norman Bourlaug and James Watson. AgBioWorld.
- When The Drug War Comes to the Rez www
When Alex White Plume planted a field full of industrial-grade hemp, Drug War Comes to the Rez, he hoped that his crop might lift his family and community out of poverty. Then the DEA came to Pine Ridge. By Leora Broydo, Mother Jones. The Drug War Comes to the Rez.
- by The Colorado Hemp Production Act of 1995 www
by Thomas J. Colorado Hemp Production Act of 1995. Ballanco. Published in: University of Colorado Law Review, Volume 66, Issue 4 (1995). The Colorado Hemp Production Act of 1995.
- This Robert A. G. Monks www
This former corporate insider and former Maine-based U. G. Monks.S. Congressman has written several insightful looks at how corporations' operations may be inherently destructive to the environment, human beings, and our rights with ideas on improving the situation. Robert A. G. Monks.
- "...somebody Expose of The Bilderberg Club www
". The Bilderberg Club...somebody has to take governments' place, and business seems to me to be a logical entity to do it." - David Rockefeller Expose of The Bilderberg Club.
- Alexa: Agriculture Business
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Agriculture Business
- DMOZ: Agriculture Business
dmoz.org Directory: Agriculture Business