We welcome links related to Corporate Operations which (1) Generate concerns about its effect upon Society, (2) which raise concerns about corporation's effects on society or her issues, and (3) seek to address or enlighten the public about corporate operations. Why? Because corporations, especially multinational ones, have become so powerful. Therefore, even ones which wish to exercise no harm, may still do so. This section is intended to go beyond verbalizations to include "other senses," such as murals, dramatizations, and any effective communication about or within the realm of Corporate Operations. Sites devoted to promotion of Corporations may be included only to the extent that they are relevant to addressing the topic here. Business Issues Society.
A business, also known as an enterprise, company or a firm is an organizational entity involved in the provision of goods and services to consumers. (wikipedia)
- Business An organizational entity involved in the provision of goods and services to consumers.
- "Business" (song) A song by American rapper Eminem from his fourth studio album The Eminem Show.
- trade Trade, or commerce, involves the transfer of goods or services from one person or entity to...
- Business (EP) The debut EP from New Jersey, rock band Jet Lag Gemini,.
- Business (newspaper) A Ukrainian Russian-language weekly business newspaper published every Monday.
- business class A travel class available on many commercial airlines and rail lines, known by brand names which...
- business route A short special route connected to a parent numbered highway at its beginning, then routed...
- The Business Meanings See related meanings for the phrase 'The Business'.
- Reflections undesign - a plan for all seasons www
Reflections on the wisdom of Tibor Kalman, a plan for all seasons, social responsibility, and a designer's role in the digital age. undesign - a plan for all seasons.
- Weblog Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School www
Weblog addresses issues such as intellectual property, Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School, anti-trust actions, and recording industry policies. Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School.
- Article iMedia Connection: How's Your Reputation? www
Article suggests that actively managing what search engines say about your business can head off costly attacks. Connection: How's Your Reputation?. iMedia Connection: How's Your Reputation?.
- This Robert A. G. Monks www
This former corporate insider and former Maine-based U. G. Monks.S. Congressman has written several insightful looks at how corporations' operations may be inherently destructive to the environment, human beings, and our rights with ideas on improving the situation. Robert A. G. Monks.
- Covers Business & Human Rights Resource Centre www
Covers over 1000 companies, & Human Rights Resource Centre, over 160 countries, over 150 topics. The site is composed of links to a wide range of materials published by companies, NGOs, governments, intergovernmental organisations, journalists, academics, etc. It includes reports of corporate misconduct as well as positive examples of "best practice" by companies. Business & Human Rights Resource Centre.
- Subscription Students against Lethality www
Subscription page of Students for Change, against Lethality, permits networking with other activists on businesses affecting Human Rights. Students against Lethality.
- International Transparency International www
International coalition against corruption in international business transactions and seeking increased government accountability. Transparency International.
- Information Child Slave Labor News www
Information on companies worldwide that are known to use sweatshop labor and child labor. Slave Labor News. Also some Good companies. Produced by Immaculata High School students. Child Slave Labor News.
- "...somebody Expose of The Bilderberg Club www
". The Bilderberg Club...somebody has to take governments' place, and business seems to me to be a logical entity to do it." - David Rockefeller Expose of The Bilderberg Club.
- FTF Fair Trade Federation www
FTF is an association of businesses committed to providing fair wages and good employment opportunities to economically disadvantaged artisans and farmers worldwide. Trade Federation. Standards are relevant to corporate operations. Fair Trade Federation.
- A XAT Peaceful Revolution Network www
A barter organization uses XAT units as an alternative to money to purchase goods and services. Peaceful Revolution Network. Writings on the history of money and a Journey guide. XAT Peaceful Revolution Network.
- Tracks Multinational Monitor www
Tracks corporate activity, Monitor, especially in the Third World, focusing on the export of hazardous substances, worker health and safety, labor union issues and the environment. Multinational Monitor.
- An Democracy Watch www
An Ottawa-based non-profit, Watch, non-partisan citizen advocacy organization that focuses on democratic reform and government and corporate accountability in Canada. Democracy Watch.
- Corporate The Cluetrain Manifesto www
Corporate activists seeking to put a human touch back into the corporate world through the use of technology. The Cluetrain Manifesto.
- Seeks The Fairtrade Foundation www
Seeks to tackle the exploitation of workers in developing countries by giving consumers the opportunity to buy products that guarantee a better deal to producers. Fairtrade Foundation. Information resources and a report on coffee farmers and international trade. The Fairtrade Foundation.
- Analyzes, The One and Only Anti-Music Industry Website www
Analyzes, One and Only Anti-Music Industry Website, examines, and exposes what it calls "the tasteless and evil practices of the music industry". The One and Only Anti-Music Industry Website.
- David Joho the Blog www
David Weinberger weblog talks about the Internet, the Blog, online communities, his book "Everything Is Miscellaneous," and occasionally politics. Joho the Blog.
- Research-led Harvard Business School - U.S. Competitiveness www
Research-led project to understand and improve the competitiveness of the United States: the ability of firms operating in the U. Business School - U.S. Competitiveness.S. to compete successfully in the global economy while supporting high and rising living standards for Americans. Harvard Business School - U.S. Competitiveness.
- Provides B Corporation www
Provides a framework and certification for companies wishing to benefit society as well as their shareholders. B Corporation.
- Proposes Boycott America www
Proposes consumer boycott of large US corporations as a protest against US consumption of resources, America, militarism and interference in affairs of other nations. Links to reading lists and to information on which corporations are US-based. Boycott America.
- Single Socialism Today on World Trade Organization www
Single page review of the powerful gathering of protesters in Seattle in 1999. Socialism Today on World Trade Organization.
- Federal Weight Loss Products and Programs www
Federal Trade Commission tackles the problem of advertising what can or can not be delivered. Weight Loss Products and Programs.
- Annotated Communication Studies: Advertising www
Annotated web links and information about advertising from University of Iowa. Communication Studies: Advertising.
- Criticism Don't Buy SFI www
Criticism of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative as a tool and a distraction developed by the larger players in the US forestry industry. Don't Buy SFI.
- Find farmsubsidy.org www
Find out who gets what from the European Union’s Common Agricultural Policy. farmsubsidy.org. This is a collaborative project bringing together journalists and activists from more than ten European countries. farmsubsidy.org.
- OSHA, International Paper Hall of Shame www
OSHA, Paper Hall of Shame, EPA, and Clean Air Act Violations with pictures. From a union organizing site. International Paper Hall of Shame.
- Levi Six Firms Added to Saipan Sweatshop Lawsuit www
Levi Strauss, Firms Added to Saipan Sweatshop Lawsuit, Calvin Klein, Brooks Brothers, Abercrombie and Fitch, The Talbots and Woolrich added to a class-action lawsuit alleging sweatshop conditions in factories in the Northern Mariana Islands. Six Firms Added to Saipan Sweatshop Lawsuit.
- Personal Corporate America: The Land of the Greed www
Personal commentary by Evan Stair on the effects of corporate values on small town life. Corporate America: The Land of the Greed.
- Green Boycott Action News www
Green America's "tell it like it is" information about corporations that need to be made more accountable. Boycott Action News.
- The Corporate Crime Reporter www
The online version of a legal printed newsletter highlighting corporate crime and corruption. Corporate Crime Reporter.
- Corporate Corporate Accountability Project www
Corporate Accountability Project provides information and archived data on corporate crimes, Accountability Project, as well as various corporate email lists for subscribers. Corporate Accountability Project.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- A MillionSoulsAware.org www
A not-for-profit project aiming to raise awareness of issues of concern. MillionSoulsAware.org. Once a million persons have read the current featured article, the site will cover another topic. MillionSoulsAware.org.
- Alexa: Business Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Business Issues
- DMOZ: Business Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Business Issues