This section lists sites related to legal aspects of animal welfare and rights, including cases and materials, legal watch groups, analysis, related books and resources. Legal Animal Welfare Issues Society.
Law is a system of rules that are enforced through social institutions to govern behavior. Laws can be made by a collective legislature or by a single legislator, resulting in statutes, by the executive through decrees and regulations, or by judges through binding precedent, normally in common law jurisdictions. (wikipedia)
- Legal A system of rules that are created and enforced through social or governmental institutions...
- Legal education The education of individuals in the principles, practices, and theory of law.
- Legal awareness The empowerment of individuals regarding issues involving the law.
- Principle of legality Legality can be defined as an act, agreement, or contract that is consistent with the law or...
- Legal (Gal Costa album) An album by Brazilian singer-songwriter Gal Costa, released in 1970.
- Legal, Alberta A town in central Alberta, Canada within Sturgeon County.
- Provides Hounded, Cowed, and Badgered www
Provides updates and legal commentary on animal welfare current events and legal developments, Cowed, and Badgered, from an animal rights perspective. Hounded, Cowed, and Badgered.
- About Rutgers University School of Law - Animal Rights Law Project www
About animal rights law, University School of Law - Animal Rights Law Project, cases and materials, handbooks online, statutes and regulations. An academic project of Professor Gary Francione and Adjunct Professor Anna E. Charlton. Rutgers University School of Law - Animal Rights Law Project.
- Status Society for Animal Protective Legislation www
Status of legislation and how to lobby for laws. for Animal Protective Legislation. Action alerts, pending legislation, Congress scorecard and news. Washington DC, US. Society for Animal Protective Legislation.
- The State Bar of Texas Animal Law Section www
The State Bar of Texas Animal Law Section promotes the study and understanding of laws, Bar of Texas Animal Law Section, regulations, and court decisions dealing with legal issues involving animals. The section hosts a list serve, sponsors educational seminars, publishes a newsletter, and holds an annual meeting. State Bar of Texas Animal Law Section.
- Provides International Animal-Law www
Provides information about international initiatives and projects regarding animals, Animal-Law, welfare, law and ethics. International Animal-Law.
- Provides AnimalLaw.com www
Provides a database of animal welfare and animal rights from pending legislation through relevant case law digests. AnimalLaw.com. From the National Anti-Vivisection Society, Chicago. AnimalLaw.com.
- Student-run Journal of Animal Law www
Student-run law review at Michigan State University discussing animal welfare issues in law and public policy. Journal of Animal Law.
- Review The Chimps' Day in Court www
Review by Cass R. Chimps' Day in Court. Sunstein of 'Rattling the Cage: Toward Legal Rights for Animals' by Steven M. Wise, a book advocating legal personhood for animals. The Chimps' Day in Court.
- Office Animal Rights Law Office (ARLO) www
Office of Michael Rotsten, Rights Law Office (ARLO), attorney at law, specializing in animal rights cases. California. Animal Rights Law Office (ARLO).
- Planned Animal Legal & Historical Center - Detroit College of Law www
Planned repository of a full set of legal material relating to animals for all levels in the US, Legal & Historical Center - Detroit College of Law, foreign national and international. Includes case law, policies, journals, publications and historical materials. Animal Legal & Historical Center - Detroit College of Law.
- Provides NABR Animal Law Section www
Provides information about the rapidly growing area of animal law from a biomedical research perspective. Animal Law Section. The site contains news articles, case law, statutes, law review articles and regulations related to the use of animals in research. NABR Animal Law Section.
- Law Wayne State University Law School Student Animal Legal Defense Fund www
Law school student organization aiming to provide a forum for education, State University Law School Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, advocacy, and scholarship to protect the lives and advancing the interests of animals through the legal system, and raising the profile of the field of animal law. Wayne State University Law School Student Animal Legal Defense Fund.
- Animal Animal Legal Defense Fund www
Animal rights law organization based in California. Legal Defense Fund. Programs include civil litigation, working to enact state felony anti-cruelty statutes, and the Great Ape Legal Program, dedicated to winning legal rights for great apes. Animal Legal Defense Fund.
- Dedicated The International Institute For Animal Law www
Dedicated to developing legal scholarship and advocacy skills on behalf of animals. International Institute For Animal Law. Offers news and resources along with details of programs, awards, grants and their board of directors. The International Institute For Animal Law.
- Veterinary American Veterinary Medical Association www
Veterinary medical association established in 1863. Veterinary Medical Association. The site contains comprehensive information about animal welfare, legal issues related to the ownership of animals, AVMA position statements, and information about the legal status of animals. American Veterinary Medical Association.
- News, Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) www
News, Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW), policies and laws, guidance, general information and assured institutions. NIH, Office of Extramural Research. US. Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW).
- Full Animal Welfare Act and Regulations www
Full text, Welfare Act and Regulations, amendments, rules and FAQ for biomedical research institutions. USDA. US. Animal Welfare Act and Regulations.
- Legislation UK - The Welfare of Battery Hens Regulations 1987 www
Legislation as to the requirements of battery cages for laying hens. The Welfare of Battery Hens Regulations 1987. Hansard. UK - The Welfare of Battery Hens Regulations 1987.
- Includes European Commission: Food Safety www
Includes introduction, Commission: Food Safety, animal health/prevention and control of animal diseases, animal welfare, animal feed safety, food labelling and international food safety issues. Special topics of foot and mouth disease and BSE. European Union. European Commission: Food Safety.
- Large Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture) www
Large collection of information resources related to the improved care and use of laboratory, Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture), farm, companion, and exhibit animals. Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture).
- Supports World Animal Day www
Supports good conditions for endangered species and other animals. Animal Day. October 4 was picked as the day to celebrate our fellow creatures. Includes list of events, ways to help, and kid's page. World Animal Day.
- Alexa: Legal Animal Welfare
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Legal Animal Welfare
- DMOZ: Legal Animal Welfare
dmoz.org Directory: Legal Animal Welfare