Animal welfare issues deal with various aspects of humane treatment and the wellbeing of individual animals. Animal Welfare Issues Society.
Animal welfare is the well-being of animals. The standards of "good" animal welfare vary considerably between different contexts. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Animal welfare is the well-being of animals. The standards of "good" animal welfare vary considerably between different contexts. These standards are under constant review and are debated, created and revised by animal welfare groups, legislators and academics worldwide. Animal welfare science uses various measures, such as longevity, disease, immunosuppression, behavior, physiology, and reproduction, although there is debate about which of these indicators provide the best information.
- Animal welfare Category
- Animal consciousness - Animal consciousness, or animal awareness, is the quality or state of self-awareness within an animal, or of being aware of an external object or something within itself.
- Animal law - Animal law is a combination of statutory and case law in which the nature legal, social or biological of nonhuman animals is an important factor. Animal law encompasses companion animals, wildlife, animals used in entertainment and animals raised for food and research.
- Animal welfare science - Animal welfare science is the scientific study of the welfare of animals as pets, in zoos, laboratories, on farms and in the wild.
- Cultured meat - Cultured meat, also called clean meat or in vitro meat, is meat grown from in vitro animals cell culture instead of from slaughtered animals. It is a form of cellular agriculture.
- Eurogroup for Animals - Eurogroup for Animals is an organisation based in Brussels, Belgium, which seeks to improve the treatment of animals throughout the European Union, and represents animal welfare organisations in almost all the European member states.
- Francis of Assisi , associated with patronage of animals.
- Animals and humans
- Supports World Animal Day www
Supports good conditions for endangered species and other animals. Animal Day. October 4 was picked as the day to celebrate our fellow creatures. Includes list of events, ways to help, and kid's page. World Animal Day.
- Large Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture) www
Large collection of information resources related to the improved care and use of laboratory, Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture), farm, companion, and exhibit animals. Animal Welfare Information Center (US Department of Agriculture).
- Not-for-profit Alternatives to Skin Irritation Testing in Animals www
Not-for-profit website developed to display information about alternatives to skin irritation testing in animals. Skin Irritation Testing in Animals. Abstracts from peer-reviewed scientific journals, thesaurus, acknowledgments, archives, background notes, bibliography, featured abstract links, new additions, Student's Corner. Jane Huggins, Ph.D. Alternatives to Skin Irritation Testing in Animals.
- Article The 3Rs: Refinement, Reduction, Replacement www
Article which puts forth arguments that the 3Rs are, 3Rs: Refinement, Reduction, Replacement, in effect, pro-vivisection policies, and that vivisection must be abolished completely and immediately. From the New Zealand Anti-Vivisection Society. The 3Rs: Refinement, Reduction, Replacement.
- Information, Animal Rights Stand www
Information, Rights Stand, news and products helping to raise awareness of animal rights issues. Animal Rights Stand.
- An Animal-Revolution www
An educational resource to the animal rights movement. Animal-Revolution. Site contains links, animal rights information and a forum. Animal-Revolution.
- Online Animal Rights Concerns www
Online animal rights community where you can meet activists from around the globe and get support for less cruel diets as vegetarianism, Rights Concerns, veganism and fruitarianism. Animal Rights Concerns.
- Discussing Animal Rights Debate www
Discussing all sides of the animal rights, Rights Debate, animal welfare, animal conservation and animal use issues. Yahoo! Group. Animal Rights Debate.
- Links Environmental Enrichment for Captive Animals www
Links to animal enrichment resources, Enrichment for Captive Animals, both online information and bibliographies of printed material. Includes a range of scholarly and layman references. Environmental Enrichment for Captive Animals.
- A CAE - Animal Welfare and the Ethics of Animal Use www
A short list of links, Animal Welfare and the Ethics of Animal Use, mostly academic and professional. From The Centre for Applied Ethics, University of British Columbia, Canada. CAE - Animal Welfare and the Ethics of Animal Use.
- Free Animal Rights Encyclopedia www
Free online encyclopedia about animal rights. Animal Rights Encyclopedia.
- Offers The Animal Rights FAQ www
Offers answers to common objections to animal rights. Animal Rights FAQ. Read online or download to read offline. The Animal Rights FAQ.
- Developing Humane Labeling Program (BC SPCA) www
Developing enhanced humane standards for farm animal husbandry. Labeling Program (BC SPCA). What it is, goals, standards, news and press releases, how it's funded and links. From the British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Canada. Humane Labeling Program (BC SPCA).
- The Eatwild www
The advantages of natural grass feeding of farm animals. Eatwild. Health benefits, news, and links to suppliers. Washington State, US. Eatwild.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Animal Welfare Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Animal Welfare Issues
- DMOZ: Animal Welfare Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Animal Welfare Issues