This section contains sites dealing with abortion issues. The terms "pro-life" and "pro-choice" are used for subcategories because that is how each group refers to itself. They are defined as follows: Pro-Choice: Believing that abortion is a right and should be legal under most or all circumstances. Usually implies a belief that the human fetus has no rights, or greatly abridged ones. Pro-Life: Believing that abortion is a violation of the rights of the pre-born child. Usually implies a belief that abortion should be illegal under most or all circumstances. In addition, there are some relatively neutral sites which are not placed in either section. Abortion Issues Society.
Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside the uterus. (wikipedia)
- Abortion The ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside the uterus.
- Late termination of pregnancy A termination of pregnancy that is performed during a later stage of pregnancy.
- Abort (computing) In a computer or data transmission system, to abort means to, usually in a controlled manner, a...
- Abort A 1970 Norwegian drama film directed by Vibeke L kkeberg.
- Abort (album) The second album from the Boston, MA alternative band Tribe.
- Paper Abortion A term that refers to the proposed ability of the biological father, before the birth of the...
- An Respect for Life www
An organization that calls itself anti-abortion yet pro-choice, for Life, and seeks to keep abortion legal and lessen it through increased birth control initiatives. Respect for Life.
- Large Just Facts - Abortion www
Large collection of short "facts" about scientific, Facts - Abortion, constitutional, political and other aspects of the abortion debate. Fully footnoted to identify the sources of the information. Just Facts - Abortion.
- An Abortion Law Development: A Brief Overview www
An overview of legislative issues and court rulings affecting the abortion issue, Law Development: A Brief Overview, including federal funding of abortion, partial birth abortion, parental notification, and spousal consent. Abortion Law Development: A Brief Overview.
- Research Fetal Psychology www
Research study published in Psychology Today (Oct. Psychology. 1998) addresses the relative developmental capabilities of the human fetus at particular gestation points. Relevant to abortion considerations. Fetal Psychology.
- Essay Is it Possible to be both "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice"? www
Essay by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan seeking a middle ground in the abortion debate. Possible to be both "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice"?. Is it Possible to be both "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice"?.
- Student's Should Abortion Be Legalised in Queensland, Australia? www
Student's argumentative essay on the social issues and legislation on abortion in the state of Queensland, Abortion Be Legalised in Queensland, Australia?, Australia, including links to related sites. Should Abortion Be Legalised in Queensland, Australia?.
- Includes Resources on Abortion www
Includes definitions of important terms, Abortion, background information on abortion law, news stories about the issue, and various opinions. Produced for the Ohio University Computer Assisted Language Learning Lab. Resources on Abortion.
- Personal The Morality of Abortion: A Critique www
Personal philosophical essay that concludes that both pro-choice and pro-life positions, Morality of Abortion: A Critique, as understood by the author, contain anti-intuitive premises. The Morality of Abortion: A Critique.
- U.S. Stenberg v. Carhart www
U. Carhart.S. Supreme Court opinions on the controversial Nebraska partial-birth abortion case. Hosted by Cornell's Legal Information Institute. Stenberg v. Carhart.
- Gives Summary of Abortion Laws Around the World www
Gives abortion laws and restrictions in over 192 nations and territories. Summary of Abortion Laws Around the World.
- Effective Abortion and Ethics www
Effective meta-site containing facilitated access to relevant articles, and Ethics, books, court decisions, and current news articles. Biographical guide, discussion forum, Internet resources. Abortion and Ethics.
- Pro Abortion Debates and Polls www
Pro and Con forum. Abortion Debates and Polls.
- One The Abortion Debate www
One person's attempt to take a rational look at the abortion debate, Abortion Debate, exposing flaws in the arguments on both sides. This is the preface from The Abortion Debate, a booklet for sale. The Abortion Debate.
- A Frontline: Abortion Clinic www
A PBS archived documentary on an abortion clinic in Chester, Abortion Clinic, Pennsylvania, along with an investigation on the women who went there and why. (April 18, 1983) Frontline: Abortion Clinic.
- News, Almanac of Policy Issues: Abortion www
News, Policy Issues: Abortion, background information, and links on abortion policy, including Roe v. Wade, RU-486, fetal tissue research, and related issues. Almanac of Policy Issues: Abortion.
- Article Abortion: History of Abortion in the United States www
Article on the history of abortion in the United States, History of Abortion in the United States, plus links to further information on abortion in the US and around the world. Includes prochoice and prolife links. Abortion: History of Abortion in the United States.
- Supreme Planned Parenthood v. Casey www
Supreme Court verdict on five provisions of the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act of 1982. Planned Parenthood v. Casey.
- United Abortion Policies: A Global Review www
United Nations Population Division report on abortion laws and policies around the world, Policies: A Global Review, including a country-by-country survey. [Documents are in PDF and DOC formats.] Abortion Policies: A Global Review.
- ReligiousTolerance.org Abortion: All Sides of the Issue www
ReligiousTolerance. All Sides of the Issue.org site describes the issues and various religious and ethical perspectives. Abortion: All Sides of the Issue.
- A The Atlantic Online: Abortion www
A collection of articles published in the magazine between 1965 and 1997. Atlantic Online: Abortion. Topics include abortion in American history and a variety of individual perspectives on the issue. The Atlantic Online: Abortion.
- The Roe v. Wade (1973) www
The U. Wade (1973).S. Supreme Court decision which struck down many state laws restricting abortion. At the Legal Information Institute (Cornell University). Roe v. Wade (1973).
- Principled On Abortion: A Lincolnian Position www
Principled yet pragmatic, Abortion: A Lincolnian Position, Lincoln's stand on slavery offers a basis for a new politics of civility that is at once anti-abortion and pro-choice. Published in the Atlantic Monthly, September 1995. On Abortion: A Lincolnian Position.
- A Pro-Lifers Against Clinic Violence www
A ribbon campaign for those who believe that to be pro-life is to respect all human life, Against Clinic Violence, born and unborn. Pro-Lifers Against Clinic Violence.
- Eric CNN - Rudolph Gets Life For Birmingham Clinic Attack www
Eric Rudolph is sentenced to life in prison for the bombing of an abortion clinic and calculated mass murder at an Olympic event. CNN - Rudolph Gets Life For Birmingham Clinic Attack.
- Details Historical Abortion Beliefs of the Christian Church www
Details the various views held about abortion from early church history through the 19th century. Historical Abortion Beliefs of the Christian Church.
- [English, Life before Birth www
[English, before Birth, Dutch, Spanish] Pro-life articles and personal stories. Life before Birth.
- Articles The Sydney Morning Herald - Euthanasia Debate www
Articles about end-of-life choice campaigns and individuals who have hastened their deaths. The Sydney Morning Herald - Euthanasia Debate.
- Addressing International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide www
Addressing the issues of euthanasia, Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide, assisted suicide, advance directives, assisted suicide proposals, "right-to-die" cases, euthanasia practices in the Netherlands, disability rights, and pain control. Features news, articles and education. International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide.
- In Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation www
In an interview, Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation, State Family Planning Commission official explains the law and the population and family planning situation in the country. Family Planning Law and China's Birth Control Situation.
- Christian Culture War Hits Local Pharmacy www
Christian Science Monitor article about the issues involved when pharmacists refuse (on religious or moral grounds) to fill prescriptions for contraceptives and morning-after pills. Culture War Hits Local Pharmacy.
- Essay Findlaw's Writ: Abortion and Free Speech; Applying the "Prior Restraint" Doctrine to Abortion Law www
Essay asserting that no one should be allowed to prevent abortion before viability, Writ: Abortion and Free Speech; Applying the "Prior Restraint" Doctrine to Abortion Law, but penalities should be available after such an abortion, for both fathers and mothers of aborted fetuses. Author is Andrew Hyman. Findlaw's Writ: Abortion and Free Speech; Applying the "Prior Restraint" Doctrine to Abortion Law.
- Article Metro: Revenge of the Deadbeat Dads www
Article about unwanted fatherhood, Revenge of the Deadbeat Dads, by Richard Sine. Metro: Revenge of the Deadbeat Dads.
- Report Completing the Fertility Transition www
Report of an expert meeting of the UN Population Division which warns of a serious reduction of the global population. Completing the Fertility Transition.
- Based NOVA: World in the Balance www
Based on an educational TV program. World in the Balance. The articles cover topics such as human consumption, sustainable population rate, and the impact of the average age within a country. Page includes people counter, photos, quizzes, and maps. NOVA: World in the Balance.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Abortion Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Abortion Issues
- DMOZ: Abortion Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Abortion Issues