This section contains sites dealing with abortion issues. The terms "pro-life" and "pro-choice" are used for subcategories because that is how each group refers to itself. They are defined as follows: Pro-Choice: Believing that abortion is a right and should be legal under most or all circumstances. Usually implies a belief that the human fetus has no rights, or greatly abridged ones. Pro-Life: Believing that abortion is a violation of the rights of the pre-born child. Usually implies a belief that abortion should be illegal under most or all circumstances. In addition, there are some relatively neutral sites which are not placed in either section. Abortion Issues Society.
Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside the uterus. (wikipedia)
- Abortion The ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside the uterus.
- Late termination of pregnancy A termination of pregnancy that is performed during a later stage of pregnancy.
- Abort (computing) In a computer or data transmission system, to abort means to, usually in a controlled manner, a...
- Abort A 1970 Norwegian drama film directed by Vibeke L kkeberg.
- Abort (album) The second album from the Boston, MA alternative band Tribe.
- Paper Abortion A term that refers to the proposed ability of the biological father, before the birth of the...
- Student's Should Abortion Be Legalised in Queensland, Australia? www
Student's argumentative essay on the social issues and legislation on abortion in the state of Queensland, Abortion Be Legalised in Queensland, Australia?, Australia, including links to related sites. Should Abortion Be Legalised in Queensland, Australia?.
- One The Abortion Debate www
One person's attempt to take a rational look at the abortion debate, Abortion Debate, exposing flaws in the arguments on both sides. This is the preface from The Abortion Debate, a booklet for sale. The Abortion Debate.
- Gives Summary of Abortion Laws Around the World www
Gives abortion laws and restrictions in over 192 nations and territories. Summary of Abortion Laws Around the World.
- Pro Abortion Debates and Polls www
Pro and Con forum. Abortion Debates and Polls.
- U.S. Stenberg v. Carhart www
U. Carhart.S. Supreme Court opinions on the controversial Nebraska partial-birth abortion case. Hosted by Cornell's Legal Information Institute. Stenberg v. Carhart.
- Supreme Planned Parenthood v. Casey www
Supreme Court verdict on five provisions of the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act of 1982. Planned Parenthood v. Casey.
- An Respect for Life www
An organization that calls itself anti-abortion yet pro-choice, for Life, and seeks to keep abortion legal and lessen it through increased birth control initiatives. Respect for Life.
- Includes Resources on Abortion www
Includes definitions of important terms, Abortion, background information on abortion law, news stories about the issue, and various opinions. Produced for the Ohio University Computer Assisted Language Learning Lab. Resources on Abortion.
- Article Abortion: History of Abortion in the United States www
Article on the history of abortion in the United States, History of Abortion in the United States, plus links to further information on abortion in the US and around the world. Includes prochoice and prolife links. Abortion: History of Abortion in the United States.
- ReligiousTolerance.org Abortion: All Sides of the Issue www
ReligiousTolerance. All Sides of the Issue.org site describes the issues and various religious and ethical perspectives. Abortion: All Sides of the Issue.
- A Frontline: Abortion Clinic www
A PBS archived documentary on an abortion clinic in Chester, Abortion Clinic, Pennsylvania, along with an investigation on the women who went there and why. (April 18, 1983) Frontline: Abortion Clinic.
- Effective Abortion and Ethics www
Effective meta-site containing facilitated access to relevant articles, and Ethics, books, court decisions, and current news articles. Biographical guide, discussion forum, Internet resources. Abortion and Ethics.
- Essay Is it Possible to be both "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice"? www
Essay by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan seeking a middle ground in the abortion debate. Possible to be both "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice"?. Is it Possible to be both "Pro-Life" and "Pro-Choice"?.
- The Roe v. Wade (1973) www
The U. Wade (1973).S. Supreme Court decision which struck down many state laws restricting abortion. At the Legal Information Institute (Cornell University). Roe v. Wade (1973).
- United Abortion Policies: A Global Review www
United Nations Population Division report on abortion laws and policies around the world, Policies: A Global Review, including a country-by-country survey. [Documents are in PDF and DOC formats.] Abortion Policies: A Global Review.
- Research Fetal Psychology www
Research study published in Psychology Today (Oct. Psychology. 1998) addresses the relative developmental capabilities of the human fetus at particular gestation points. Relevant to abortion considerations. Fetal Psychology.
- News, Almanac of Policy Issues: Abortion www
News, Policy Issues: Abortion, background information, and links on abortion policy, including Roe v. Wade, RU-486, fetal tissue research, and related issues. Almanac of Policy Issues: Abortion.
- Personal The Morality of Abortion: A Critique www
Personal philosophical essay that concludes that both pro-choice and pro-life positions, Morality of Abortion: A Critique, as understood by the author, contain anti-intuitive premises. The Morality of Abortion: A Critique.
- Large Just Facts - Abortion www
Large collection of short "facts" about scientific, Facts - Abortion, constitutional, political and other aspects of the abortion debate. Fully footnoted to identify the sources of the information. Just Facts - Abortion.
- A The Atlantic Online: Abortion www
A collection of articles published in the magazine between 1965 and 1997. Atlantic Online: Abortion. Topics include abortion in American history and a variety of individual perspectives on the issue. The Atlantic Online: Abortion.
- An Abortion Law Development: A Brief Overview www
An overview of legislative issues and court rulings affecting the abortion issue, Law Development: A Brief Overview, including federal funding of abortion, partial birth abortion, parental notification, and spousal consent. Abortion Law Development: A Brief Overview.
- Principled On Abortion: A Lincolnian Position www
Principled yet pragmatic, Abortion: A Lincolnian Position, Lincoln's stand on slavery offers a basis for a new politics of civility that is at once anti-abortion and pro-choice. Published in the Atlantic Monthly, September 1995. On Abortion: A Lincolnian Position.
- A Prisoners of Christ List www
A list of those who have been jailed for attempting to save unborn children using illegal tactics -- including, Christ List, in some cases, violence. Prisoners of Christ List.
- A Pro-Lifers Against Clinic Violence www
A ribbon campaign for those who believe that to be pro-life is to respect all human life, Against Clinic Violence, born and unborn. Pro-Lifers Against Clinic Violence.
- News Christian Newswire: Abortion Related www
News about abortions, Newswire: Abortion Related, legislation, and pro-life activities. Christian Newswire: Abortion Related.
- Online Abortion and the Christian: What Every Believer Should Know www
Online book from a pro-life perspective. Abortion and the Christian: What Every Believer Should Know.
- Articles The Sydney Morning Herald - Euthanasia Debate www
Articles about end-of-life choice campaigns and individuals who have hastened their deaths. The Sydney Morning Herald - Euthanasia Debate.
- Professors Euthanasia: the debate continues www
Professors at the Vancouver Island University (British Columbia, the debate continues, Canada) present arguments for and against hastened dying. Euthanasia: the debate continues.
- Reproductive Reproductive Health Technologies Project www
Reproductive freedom advocacy group, Health Technologies Project, based in the U.S. News and information on emerging issues in contraception, including new contraceptive technologies. Reproductive Health Technologies Project.
- Discussion Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising www
Discussion of UN data on current contraceptive practices and needs in 153 countries and areas. Contraceptive Use Rising. Overall contraceptive use increased substantially over the past decade in developing countries. [Requires free registration.] Worldwide Contraceptive Use Rising.
- Article Social Science Research Network: Custody and Couvade; The Importance of Paternal Bonding in the Law of Family Relations www
Article addressing fathers' roles in abortion decisions, Science Research Network: Custody and Couvade; The Importance of Paternal Bonding in the Law of Family Relations, mentioning that about 82.5% of wives confide in their husbands. Author is Geoffrey P. Miller. Social Science Research Network: Custody and Couvade; The Importance of Paternal Bonding in the Law of Family Relations.
- U.S. Planned Parenthood v. Casey www
U. Parenthood v. Casey.S. Supreme Court opinion in 1992 decided that government may not require that a husband be informed about an abortion, even after the abortion, because that prospect might deter a woman from ending her pregnancy. Planned Parenthood v. Casey.
- Economist Laissez-Faire in Population: The Least Bad Solution www
Economist David Friedman argues that there is no justification in economic theory for the widely believed notion that the results of allowing parents freely to decide how many children they have must, Population: The Least Bad Solution, in the long run, be catastrophic under any tolerable social institutions. Laissez-Faire in Population: The Least Bad Solution.
- A Catholic Encyclopedia: Theories of Population www
A Roman Catholic view of the theories of Malthus and others, Encyclopedia: Theories of Population, written in 1910. Catholic Encyclopedia: Theories of Population.
- Library Speakout.com: Issues www
Library of online information and links related to (mostly U. Issues.S.) public policy issues. Formerly Policy.com. Speakout.com: Issues.
- Nonprofit, IGC - Institute for Global Communications www
Nonprofit, Institute for Global Communications, provides alternative sources of information, and comprehensive Internet services for progressive individuals and organizations. IGC - Institute for Global Communications.
- Alexa: Abortion Issues
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Abortion Issues
- DMOZ: Abortion Issues
dmoz.org Directory: Abortion Issues