A U.S. federal holiday celebrated on Nov. 11, the anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I. The same day is celebrated in Britain and Commonwealth countries as Remembrance Day. Sites listed in this section should be suitable for visitors of all ages, but designed primarily for adult visitors. Sites provide material related to Veteran's Day, including historical background, holiday stories and poems, graphics, and ideas for celebrating. Sites may also provide information for parents and teachers, such as suggested family activities and lesson plans. Veterans Day Holidays Society.
Veterans Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans, that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. (wikipedia)
- Veterans Day An official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military...
- Remembrance Day A memorial day observed in Commonwealth of Nations member states since the end of the First World...
- Armistice Day Armistice Day is commemorated every year on November 11 to mark the armistice signed between the...
- Armed Forces Day (United Kingdom) An annual event celebrated in late June to commemorate the service of men and women in the...
- Veterans Day (Netherlands) The Netherlands' annual day of remembrance for the country's servicemen.
- Veterans Day (Norway) Veterans Day in Norway on May 8 was first observed in 2011.
- Veterans Day (South Korea) An annual observance in the Republic of Korea marked on 8 October.
- Veterans Day (Sweden) Veterans Day is observed annually in Sweden on May 29 at the Maritime Museum in Stockholm in...
- National Veterans' Day A remembrance day for all the war veterans in Finland. It is celebrated on 27 April.
- Commemorate Knowledge Hound: Veterans Day Activities And Crafts www
Commemorate and observe Veterans Day, Hound: Veterans Day Activities And Crafts, Remembrance Day or Armistice Day by making a difference. Includes history, tips for helping vets and projects to get kids involved. Knowledge Hound: Veterans Day Activities And Crafts.
- Features Letting Down Our Guard www
Features transcript of a PBS NewsHour interview with Colonel David Hackworth, Down Our Guard, America's most decorated veteran. Letting Down Our Guard.
- Offers Annie's Veteran's Day Page www
Offers a Christian perspective on the holiday, Veteran's Day Page, along with an overview of the five branches of service and tips for celebrating. Annie's Veteran's Day Page.
- Provides Remembering Veterans Day at The Holiday Zone www
Provides art and craft ideas, Veterans Day at The Holiday Zone, discussion topics, language activities, writing prompts, interactive puzzles and quizzes, poems, and literature recommendations. Remembering Veterans Day at The Holiday Zone.
- Online FamilyEducation Network: a Parenting and Education Resource www
Online quiz designed for elementary school students help visitors review the history of Veterans Day. FamilyEducation Network: a Parenting and Education Resource.
- Online Veterans Day 2006 www
Online tribute from Military. Day 2006.com includes history, movie, tips for celebrating with children, interviews, and a copy of the veterans bill of rights. Veterans Day 2006.
- Bates A Day of Pride, Veterans Day, Forgotten www
Bates student contends that the neglect of Veterans Day is a wonder and a shame. A Day of Pride, Veterans Day, Forgotten.
- Nations National Veterans Day in Birmingham www
Nations oldest and largest holiday observance, Veterans Day in Birmingham, located in Birmingham, Alabama. National Veterans Day in Birmingham.
- Includes Veterans' Day www
Includes history and lesson plan. Veterans' Day.
- Offers Education World Holidays Center: Veteran's Day www
Offers lesson plans, World Holidays Center: Veteran's Day, clip art, and links for classroom teachers. Education World Holidays Center: Veteran's Day.
- A The History of Veterans Day www
A chronology of this observance's evolution in the U. History of Veterans Day.S. The History of Veterans Day.
- Provides InfoPlease.com - Veterans' Day www
Provides short historical background of Veterans' Day, Veterans' Day, an overview of the wars in which the United States has taken part, and related links. InfoPlease.com - Veterans' Day.
- Virtual Today in History: November 11 www
Virtual exhibit from the Library of Congress reflects on the holiday's past. Today in History: November 11.
- History.com The History of Veterans' Day www
History. History of Veterans' Day.com mini-site. Time-line of America's wars, battle maps, trivia, and video clips detailing veterans' experiences. The History of Veterans' Day.
- The BBC: Remembrance www
The history of Remembrance weekend and information about programmes on BBC television and radio during Remembrance period also Audio and video archive. BBC: Remembrance.
- Includes Sheryl's Holiday Site: Veterans Day www
Includes brief history, Holiday Site: Veterans Day, poem, and related links. Sheryl's Holiday Site: Veterans Day.
- Department Veterans Day from the VA www
Department of Veterans Affairs web site lists Veterans Day celebrations throughout country, Day from the VA, relates history of Veterans Day, and provides downloadable resources for teachers. Veterans Day from the VA.
- A The Aussie Digger www
A home for all Australian Veterans, Aussie Digger, ex Service members and Serving members. The Aussie Digger.
- Online Friends of POW-MIA - Veteran's News www
Online news and articles for military veterans. Friends of POW-MIA - Veteran's News.
- Anglo-centric The Great War www
Anglo-centric collection of articles giving details of major battles of WW1 and news of current events relating to First World War battlefield sites The Great War.
- Dedicated The Western Front Museum www
Dedicated to the war, Western Front Museum, exhibiting an extensive collection of battlefield relics which have been personally retrieved from the various battlefields in Europe. The Western Front Museum.
- Alexa: Veterans Day Holidays
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Veterans Day Holidays
- DMOZ: Veterans Day Holidays
dmoz.org Directory: Veterans Day Holidays