This section lists pages and sites related to the Korean observance of Ch'usok or Hangawi. Ch'usok is celebrated on the l5th day of the 8th lunar month, the harvest moon. Since its marks the harvest time, it is considered to be the equivalent of the American Thanksgiving celebration. It takes place in September or October of the Gregorian calendar. Ch'useok Thanksgiving Holidays Society.
- Wikipedia: Chuseok, literally "Autumn eve", once known as hangawi, is a major harvest festival and a three-day holiday in North Korea and South Korea celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar on the full moon. Like many other harvest festivals around the world, it is held around the autumn equinox, i.e. at the very end of summer or in early autumn.
- Hansik , another Korean holiday for ancestral rituals.
- Public holidays in South Korea - Public holidays in South Korea each belong to one or more of three categories...
- Lunar observation
- Religious festivals in South Korea
- Food and drink festivals in South Korea
- Observances set by the Korean calendar
- Festivals in North Korea
- Festivals in Korea
- Harvest festivals
- Public holidays in Korea
- Non-Gregorian September observances
- Introduces Korean Folk Holiday: Chusok www
Introduces the games and contests that typically play a role in this holiday's celebrations. Korean Folk Holiday: Chusok.
- A Chusok: Korean Harvest Festival www
A brief look at the holiday, Korean Harvest Festival, along with links to things Korean. Chusok: Korean Harvest Festival.
- A With a Full Moon www
A Korean student shares how Ch'usok is celebrated in her native country. With a Full Moon.
- Offers Preparing for Chuseok www
Offers a foreign wife's perspective on holiday preparations. Preparing for Chuseok.
- Includes Celebrating Chu'seok at The Holiday Zone www
Includes an overview of the holiday, Chu'seok at The Holiday Zone, craft projects, printable coloring pages, word wall cards, and literature recommendations. Celebrating Chu'seok at The Holiday Zone.
- A Chusok: Remembering Ancestors in Korea www
A story about clearing graves in preparation for the Korean holiday. Chusok: Remembering Ancestors in Korea.
- Short Sisters www
Short story tells of a family divided by a holiday bombing raid during the Korean War. Sisters.
- An Chusok: The Korean Thanksgiving www
An essay on the background of this three-day harvest celebration. The Korean Thanksgiving. Also explores gender roles, family structure, and North-South relations. Chusok: The Korean Thanksgiving.
- A Chu-suk www
A Korean student writes about the traditional observance and explains why it is important. Chu-suk.
- Offers PBS Online: Hidden Korea/Ch'usok www
PBS Online: Hidden Korea/Ch'usok.
- A A Chusok Tale www
A westerner describes spending the holiday with a Korean family in this photo-essay. A Chusok Tale.
- A The Korean Blog List www
A list of English language weblogs which relate to Korea. The Korean Blog List.
- Official Seoul Peace Prize www
Official site; general information on the award and list of recipients. Seoul Peace Prize.
- Hyperlinked Wikipedia - Thanksgiving (United States) www
Hyperlinked encyclopedia article about the holiday including its history and traditional celebrations. Thanksgiving (United States). Wikipedia - Thanksgiving (United States).
- Holiday Infoplease.com: Thanksgiving Day www
Holiday history, Thanksgiving Day, turkey trivia, and Thanksgiving fun. Infoplease.com: Thanksgiving Day.
- Alexa: Ch'useok Thanksgiving
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Ch'useok Thanksgiving
- DMOZ: Ch'useok Thanksgiving
dmoz.org Directory: Ch'useok Thanksgiving