On July 14, 1789, a crowd of angry citizens stormed the Bastille, a fortress prison they saw as a symbol of the aristocracy's oppressing the people of Paris. That assault began the French Revolution and marked the beginning of the end of an empire for King Louis XVI. Bastille Day was declared a national holiday of France in 1880. Today, France still celebrates its independence from tyranny on July 14. Bastille Day Holidays Society.
Bastille Day is the common name given in English-speaking countries to the French National Day, which is celebrated on 14 July each year. (wikipedia)
- Bastille Day The common name given in English-speaking countries/lands to the French National Day, which...
- Bastille Day (film) A 2016 action film directed and co-written by James Watkins.
- Bastille Day Military Parade A French military parade that has been held on the morning of 14 July each year in Paris since...
- Bastille Day (Battlestar Galactica) The third episode of the first season of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica television series.
- Bastille Day Event A powerful solar flare on July 14, 2000, the national day of France, occurring near the peak of...
- Bastille Day (song) A song by Rush, the opening track from their third album, Caress of Steel.
- Bastille Day (1933 film) A 1933 French romantic comedy film directed by Ren Clair and starring Annabella, George Rigaud...
- Bastille Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Bastille'.
- French La Marseillaise, 1972 www
French National Anthem that was banned because of its revolutionary association. Marseillaise, 1972. Includes French and English words, plus downloadable audio. La Marseillaise, 1972.
- A Remains of the Bastille www
A color photograph of what remains of the Bastille in Paris. Remains of the Bastille.
- List Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen www
List of the 17 articles that were approved by the National Assembly of France after the storming. the Rights of Man and the Citizen. Includes footnote on the writer and his friendship and admiration of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen.
- Information Bastille Day - French National Holiday www
Information on the storming, Day - French National Holiday, the national flag that ensued from that, and subsequent history. Includes links to more information. Bastille Day - French National Holiday.
- Reference Bastille Day definition from Wikipedia www
Reference information including the definition, Day definition from Wikipedia, history, and a timeline of the French Revolution. Bastille Day definition from Wikipedia.
- An Bastille Day www
An Editorial which contends citizens have not yet obtained the economic justice for which American, Day, French, Russian, and other revolutionaries fought. Bastille Day.
- Alexa: Bastille Day Holidays
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Bastille Day Holidays
- DMOZ: Bastille Day Holidays
dmoz.org Directory: Bastille Day Holidays