ANZAC Day is a public holiday commemorated on 25 April in Australia and New Zealand. It commemorates the World War I landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) on the Gallipoli (Gelibolu) Peninsula, Turkey on 25 April 1915. It is also a public holiday in Cook Islands, Niue, Samoa and Tonga, whose troops fought under New Zealand during World War I. Although the day originally commemorated the troops who landed at Gallipoli, it has since been expanded to commemorate all members of the armed forces involved in wars, armed conflicts and peacekeeping. Anzac Day Holidays Society.
Anzac Day / ˈ æ n z æ k / is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served".
- ANZAC Field of Remembrance - The ANZAC Field of Remembrance is an annual event held at St. Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney, which is hosted by the War Widows' Guild of Australia NSW Ltd. The event involves the planting of wooden crosses in remembrance of those who have died due to their involvement in war.
- Memorial Day - Memorial Day or Decoration Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday, which is currently observed every year on the last Monday of May, was held on May 28, 2018.
- Alec Campbell , was the last living Australian ANZAC having served at Gallipoli.
- Gallipoli Campaign - The Gallipoli Campaign, also known as the Dardanelles Campaign, the Battle of Gallipoli, or the Battle of anakkale, was a campaign of the First World War that took place on the Gallipoli peninsula in the Ottoman Empire between 17 February 1915 and 9 January 1916.
- Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association - The Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association, often referred to as the Returned Services' Association but best known simply as the RSA, is one of the largest voluntary welfare organisations in New Zealand and one of the oldest ex-service organisations in the world.
- Military history of Australia - The military history of Australia spans the nation's 230-year modern history, from the early Australian frontier wars between Aboriginals and Europeans to the ongoing conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan in the early 21st century.
- Public holidays in New Zealand
- Armed Forces days
- Public holidays in Australia
- Observances honoring victims of war
- Committee ANZAC Day Commemoration Committee of Queensland www
Committee who oversee ANZAC Day events in Queensland. Day Commemoration Committee of Queensland. Includes detailed information about commemorative services, military history, classroom activities and a community billboard. ANZAC Day Commemoration Committee of Queensland.
- Details ANZAC: A Grateful State Remembers www
Details of commemorative activities in Western Australian. Grateful State Remembers. History of the holiday, list of war memorials and student activities. ANZAC: A Grateful State Remembers.
- History Anne's Guiding Pages - ANZAC Day www
History from a New Zealand perspective, Guiding Pages - ANZAC Day, poems and quotes. As well as information on Anzac biscuits. Anne's Guiding Pages - ANZAC Day.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: ANZAC Day www
Encyclopedia article about ANZAC Day. ANZAC Day. Covers the origin and history of the day, as well as how it is commemorated in different parts of the world. Wikipedia: ANZAC Day.
- ANZAC ANZAC Day images and photographs www
ANZAC Day parade images and photographs from around Australia. ANZAC Day images and photographs.
- The ANZAC Day www
The history, Day, tradition and its significance for Australians. From the Australian War Memorial, the customs and traditions of commemorative ceremonies. ANZAC Day.
- A Anzac.govt.nz www
A New Zealand Government guide to ANZAC Day. Anzac.govt.nz. Covers the history of the day, traditions and rituals, how it is commemorated today and a guide to Gallipoli. Anzac.govt.nz.
- An ANZAC Day www
An outline, Day, provided by the Governor-General of New Zealand, of the commemorative events. ANZAC Day.
- Victorian Review of ANZAC Day Laws www
Victorian Parliament review of ANZAC Day laws. ANZAC Day Laws. Includes a section on the history of the day in Australia. Review of ANZAC Day Laws.
- History, ANZAC Day www
History, Day, biographies and diaries, paintings, photographs, and maps, provided by the New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage. ANZAC Day.
- Step-by-step The Gallipoli Front - An Overview www
Step-by-step account of the Gallipoli campaign on land and sea. The Gallipoli Front - An Overview.
- Well Gallipoli: The Drama of the Dardanelles www
Well presented collection of information on the battle, The Drama of the Dardanelles, produced jointly by the (british) Imperial War Museum and the Australian War Memorial in 2000. Gallipoli: The Drama of the Dardanelles.
- Civil Australian and New Zealand Civil War Veterans www
Civil war veterans buried in Australia and New Zealand. and New Zealand Civil War Veterans. This is about men from Australia and New Zealand who fought in the American Civil War and the Americans who followed them back to start a new life. Australian and New Zealand Civil War Veterans.
- Photos Gallipoli Anzac Helles Suvla www
Photos of Gallipoli then and now, Anzac Helles Suvla, a dictionary of Anzac slang, and some unusual photos of devices designed to fool the enemy. Account of how the author and his friend re-discovered a Turkish position on the southern Anzac flank. Also information on the 1/5th Norfolk Regiment, 'The Vanished Battalion' of Gallipoli. Gallipoli Anzac Helles Suvla.
- Information Army Museum, Waiouru www
Information on prices, Museum, Waiouru, facilities, galleries and what's on. Army Museum, Waiouru.
- History Anzac Day www
History of Anzac Day, Day, the Anzacs, biographies and diaries, paintings, photographs, and maps. Anzac Day.
- Alexa: Anzac Day Holidays
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Anzac Day Holidays
- DMOZ: Anzac Day Holidays
dmoz.org Directory: Anzac Day Holidays