ANZAC Day is a public holiday commemorated on 25 April in Australia and New Zealand. It commemorates the World War I landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) on the Gallipoli (Gelibolu) Peninsula, Turkey on 25 April 1915. It is also a public holiday in Cook Islands, Niue, Samoa and Tonga, whose troops fought under New Zealand during World War I. Although the day originally commemorated the troops who landed at Gallipoli, it has since been expanded to commemorate all members of the armed forces involved in wars, armed conflicts and peacekeeping. Anzac Day Holidays Society.
Anzac Day / ˈ æ n z æ k / is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served". Observed on 25 April each year, Anzac Day was originally devised to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps who fought at Gallipoli against the Ottoman Empire during World War I. Anzac Day is also observed in the Cook Islands, Niue, Pitcairn Islands, and Tonga, and previously was a national holiday in Papua New Guinea and Samoa.
- ANZAC Field of Remembrance - The ANZAC Field of Remembrance is an annual event held at St. Andrew's Cathedral, Sydney, which is hosted by the War Widows' Guild of Australia NSW Ltd. The event involves the planting of wooden crosses in remembrance of those who have died due to their involvement in war.
- Memorial Day - Memorial Day or Decoration Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday, which is currently observed every year on the last Monday of May, will be held on May 28, 2018.
- Alec Campbell , was the last living Australian ANZAC having served at Gallipoli.
- Gallipoli Campaign - The Gallipoli Campaign, also known as the Dardanelles Campaign, the Battle of Gallipoli, or the Battle of anakkale, was a campaign of the First World War that took place on the Gallipoli peninsula in the Ottoman Empire between 17 February 1915 and 9 January 1916.
- Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association - The Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association, often referred to as the Returned Services' Association but best known simply as the RSA, is one of the largest voluntary welfare organisations in New Zealand and one of the oldest ex-service organisations in the world.
- Military history of Australia - The military history of Australia spans the nation's 220-year modern history, from the early Australian frontier wars between Aboriginals and Europeans to the ongoing conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan in the early 21st century.
- Armed Forces days
- Public holidays in New Zealand
- Public holidays in Australia
- Observances honoring victims of war
- Committee ANZAC Day Commemoration Committee of Queensland www
Committee who oversee ANZAC Day events in Queensland. Day Commemoration Committee of Queensland. Includes detailed information about commemorative services, military history, classroom activities and a community billboard. ANZAC Day Commemoration Committee of Queensland.
- History Anne's Guiding Pages - ANZAC Day www
History from a New Zealand perspective, Guiding Pages - ANZAC Day, poems and quotes. As well as information on Anzac biscuits. Anne's Guiding Pages - ANZAC Day.
- Victorian Review of ANZAC Day Laws www
Victorian Parliament review of ANZAC Day laws. ANZAC Day Laws. Includes a section on the history of the day in Australia. Review of ANZAC Day Laws.
- History, ANZAC Day www
History, Day, biographies and diaries, paintings, photographs, and maps, provided by the New Zealand Ministry for Culture and Heritage. ANZAC Day.
- Details ANZAC: A Grateful State Remembers www
Details of commemorative activities in Western Australian. Grateful State Remembers. History of the holiday, list of war memorials and student activities. ANZAC: A Grateful State Remembers.
- The ANZAC Day www
The history, Day, tradition and its significance for Australians. From the Australian War Memorial, the customs and traditions of commemorative ceremonies. ANZAC Day.
- A Anzac.govt.nz www
A New Zealand Government guide to ANZAC Day. Anzac.govt.nz. Covers the history of the day, traditions and rituals, how it is commemorated today and a guide to Gallipoli. Anzac.govt.nz.
- An ANZAC Day www
An outline, Day, provided by the Governor-General of New Zealand, of the commemorative events. ANZAC Day.
- ANZAC ANZAC Day images and photographs www
ANZAC Day parade images and photographs from around Australia. ANZAC Day images and photographs.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: ANZAC Day www
Encyclopedia article about ANZAC Day. ANZAC Day. Covers the origin and history of the day, as well as how it is commemorated in different parts of the world. Wikipedia: ANZAC Day.
- Contains Visit Gallipoli www
Contains text, Gallipoli, documents, graphics, timelines, video and audio about Australians in the Anzac landing and campaign. Visit Gallipoli.
- The The Gallipoli Association www
The Association's objective is to preserve the memory of the men who served in, Gallipoli Association, and commemorate the events of the Great War campaign on, the Gallipoli (Gelibolu) peninsula, Turkey, between April 1915 and January 1916. Historical information on the campaign. The Gallipoli Association.
- Service Royal Australian Regiment www
Service in Vietnam by the Australian Infantry Battalions of the RAR. Australian Regiment. A report of the 9 Battalions, their weapons and equipment, their tours of duty and what it was like in the "Funny Country". Royal Australian Regiment.
- A The Battle of Hamel - History and Memory www
A very particular event of World War I in France and of the Australian Corps' involvement. Battle of Hamel - History and Memory. Some local history and account of the battle plus presentation of the various forms of that period memory (commemorations, war relics, Australian Corps Memorial Park etc.) The Battle of Hamel - History and Memory.
- Consists National War Memorial www
Consists of the War Memorial Carillon and the Hall of Memories. War Memorial. It commemorates the 28,614 New Zealanders who gave their lives in the South African War, World Wars I and II and the wars in Korea, Malaysia and Vietnam. National War Memorial.
- History Anzac Day www
History of Anzac Day, Day, the Anzacs, biographies and diaries, paintings, photographs, and maps. Anzac Day.
- Alexa: Anzac Day Holidays
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Anzac Day Holidays
- DMOZ: Anzac Day Holidays
dmoz.org Directory: Anzac Day Holidays