Contains audio and visual recordings of events in history. Multimedia History Society.
Multimedia can be recorded and played, displayed, dynamic, interacted with or accessed by information content processing devices, such as computerized and electronic devices, but can also be part of a live performance. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Multimedia is content that uses a combination of different content forms such as text, audio, images, animations, video and interactive content. Multimedia contrasts with media that use only rudimentary computer displays such as text-only or traditional forms of printed or hand-produced material.
- Multimedia Category
- Artmedia - Artmedia was one of the first scientific projects concerning the relationship between art, technology, philosophy and aesthetics. It was founded in 1985 at the University of Salerno.
- Multi-image - Multi-image is the now largely obsolete practice and business of using 35mm slides projected by single or multiple slide projectors onto one or more screens in synchronization with an audio voice-over or music track.
- Multimedia Messaging Service - Multimedia Messaging Service is a standard way to send messages that include multimedia content to and from a mobile phone over a cellular network. Users and providers may refer to such a message as a PXT, a picture message, or a multimedia message.
- Multimedia search - Multimedia search enables information search using queries in multiple data types including text and other multimedia formats.
- New literacies - New literacies generally are new forms of literacy made possible by digital technology developments, although new literacies do not necessarily have to involve use of digital technologies to be recognized as such.
- New media art - New media art refers to artworks created with new media technologies, including digital art, computer graphics, computer animation, virtual art, Internet art, interactive art, video games, computer robotics, 3D printing, cyborg art and art as biotechnology.
- Communication design
- Film production
- Film and video terminology
- Multimedia Pro-Culture Editions, Inc. www
Multimedia publishing company specializing in interactive reading on CD-ROM. Editions, Inc.. Subjects are non-fiction: History, Art and Music. Pro-Culture Editions, Inc..
- The The Nation's Forum www
The America's Leaders Speak: Recordings from World War I and the 1920 Election, Nation's Forum, 1918-1920, collection contains Political speeches by American leaders during World War I and the presidential election of 1920. The Nation's Forum.
- A History and Politics Out Loud www
A searchable archive of politically significant audio materials created for scholars, and Politics Out Loud, teachers, and students. History and Politics Out Loud.
- Links Online Speech Bank www
Links to internet sites with full text, Speech Bank, audio and video versions of public speeches, sermons, legal proceedings, lectures, and interviews. Online Speech Bank.
- Historical History Buff www
Historical reference of press coverage from the 16th to the 20th century. Buff. Includes newspaper articles, audio files, and video clips, and related resources. History Buff.
- An Picture History www
An on-line archive of images and film footage illuminating more than 200 years of American history. Picture History.
- Audio The Whole World Was Watching www
Audio recordings and transcripts about civil rights, Whole World Was Watching, United States politics, Vietnam, and women's rights. The Whole World Was Watching.
- Scanned Liam's Pictures from Old Books www
Scanned images and text extracts from out-of-copyright books, Pictures from Old Books, with a particular focus on castles, manors, stately homes, and abbeys of the British Isles, among other topics. Liam's Pictures from Old Books.
- Program Talking History www
Program based at the University at Albany provides weekly broadcast/internet radio program that touches on all areas of history. Talking History.
- National Lost and Found Sound www
National Public Radio series features sound recordings from famous people and ordinary people that capture the history of the late-19th and 20th centuries. Lost and Found Sound.
- Web World History Pictures www
Web directory of pictures categorized by cultures. World History Pictures.
- Collection America's Leaders Speak: Recordings from World War I and the 1920 Election. www
Collection contains Political speeches by American leaders during World War I and the presidential election of 1920. Leaders Speak: Recordings from World War I and the 1920 Election.. Speakers include: Warren G. Harding, James Cox, Calvin Coolidge, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Samuel Gompers, Henry Cabot Lodge, and John J. Pershing. America's Leaders Speak: Recordings from World War I and the 1920 Election..
- Extensive World Wide Web Virtual Library: History www
Extensive directory of history resources, Wide Web Virtual Library: History, sorted into research methods, topics, eras and epochs, and regions. Hosted by European University Institute in Florence, Italy, and maintained with help from researchers at the University of Kansas, US. World Wide Web Virtual Library: History.
- Aims History Computerization Project www
Aims to create a network for exchanging historical information. Computerization Project. Information about computer database program for historical research, writing and cataloging; advice on organizing materials; and links to mostly-US research resources. History Computerization Project.
- Alexa: Multimedia History
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Multimedia History
- DMOZ: Multimedia History
dmoz.org Directory: Multimedia History