good reference sites for K-12 students for history-social studies classes and research Education History Society.
Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. (wikipedia)
- Education The process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values...
- An Education A 2009 coming-of-age drama film based on a memoir of the same name by British journalist Lynn...
- School of education A division within a university that is devoted to scholarship in the field of education, which is...
- Education (Chittenden Memorial Window) A stained-glass window commissioned from Louis Comfort Tiffany's Tiffany Glass Company during the...
- Educating... Educating... is a British documentary reality television programme on Channel 4 which first...
- Best History Websites www
A portal created for students, History Websites, history educators, and general history enthusiasts. Sites are rated for usefulness and accuracy, that will help studies or teachers in a wide variety of topics and periods in history.
- Enhances Digital History www
Enhances history teaching and research through primary sources, History, an online textbook, extensive reference resources, and interactive materials. Digital History.
- An Social Studies Education: National Council for the Social Studies www
An information resource for social studies teachers. Social Studies Education: National Council for the Social Studies.
- United Colonial America - For Freedom and Profit www
United States History project designed for grades 6-12. America - For Freedom and Profit. It is an interactive, internet-based, cooperative group activity in which students build a colony from the ground up. Colonial America - For Freedom and Profit.
- The National Center for History in the Schools US History Standards www
The standards are both online and in print form. National Center for History in the Schools US History Standards.
- GNG Global Nomads Group www
GNG is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting international dialogue by partnering educators around the world. Nomads Group. Includes a teacher survey and project overview. Global Nomads Group.
- Provides AP History Online www
Provides Information of AP European and United States History, History Online, and Preparation for the AP Test. Done by a Student who got a "5" on the AP Test. AP History Online.
- A Repositories of Primary Sources www
A listing of over 4000 web-sites describing holdings of manuscripts, Primary Sources, archives, rare books, historical photographs, and other primary sources for the research scholar. Repositories of Primary Sources.
- Article Dramatic History or Historical Drama? www
Article which argues that historians with dramatic skills should find ways to write plays about historical subjects rather than leaving such tasks to dramatists who mainly use historical figures to attract attention to their plays. History or Historical Drama?. Dramatic History or Historical Drama?.
- This History Picture of the Day www
This site features a new historical photograph each day, Picture of the Day, with a brief description History Picture of the Day.
- Provides American Heritage Education Foundation, Inc. www
Provides free K-12 curriculum lessons by and for teachers in social studies, Heritage Education Foundation, Inc., U. S. history/government, political science, philosophy, and economics. The curriculum educates students about America's factual, philosophical heritage. American Heritage Education Foundation, Inc..
- Small History and Social Studies www
Small directory of educational sites for the student, and Social Studies, genealogist and family historian. History and Social Studies.
- Directory Histor eSearch.com www
Directory of online history research resources for students and educators. Histor eSearch.com.
- This Social Studies www
This page is designed for K-12 social studies teachers and students. Studies. It also has information and topics that are useful to pre-service social studies instructors and students. The World Wide Web offers almost unlimited opportunities for social studies education and we hope that this page will benefit both the novice and the experienced Web user. Social Studies.
- The U.S. Presidential Elections www
The most comprehensive information on every United States presidential election, Presidential Elections, all the way from 1789 to 2008. U.S. Presidential Elections.
- Resource The Vietnam War: Past and Present www
Resource site for high school teachers provides historical background and curriculum ideas. The Vietnam War: Past and Present.
- Creates Adventure Learning Foundation www
Creates curricula which follow online adventure learning expeditions as they travel around the world. Learning Foundation. Includes resources for use in the K-12 classroom. Adventure Learning Foundation.
- American American History from 1899 High School Textbook www
American History from 1899 perspective. History from 1899 High School Textbook. Material from book has been broken down into 5 categories and any article is no more than 2 clicks away. American History from 1899 High School Textbook.
- Hundreds Abby's Resource Page for Social Studies Teachers www
Hundreds of links to history, Resource Page for Social Studies Teachers, social studies, and education sites on the Web. Links are indexed for easy searching. Also home of the History Teachers' Education Ring. Abby's Resource Page for Social Studies Teachers.
- Y-Vote Y-Vote Mock Elections UK 2004 - London, Local and European Elections www
Y-Vote Mock Elections provide a chance for the younger generation to have their say in politics for the UK and Europe. Y-Vote Mock Elections UK 2004 - London, Local and European Elections.
- History Schools History www
History of Britain and Europe 1066-2000; features activities, History, homework help, and background on major events. Schools History.
- Featuring Our Documents www
Featuring 100 milestone documents of American history from the National Archives. Documents. Includes images of original primary source documents, lesson plans, teacher and student competitions, and educational resources. Our Documents.
- Designed History Matters www
Designed for high school and college teachers of U. Matters.S. History courses. This site serves as a gateway to Web resources and offers useful materials for teaching U.S. history. History Matters.
- LHAP The Local Historical Archives Project (LHAP) www
LHAP is a searchable database of historical images and documents, Local Historical Archives Project (LHAP), one that is largely compiled by students in grades 5-12. It is an educational project by which students create a local history resource available to anyone. The Local Historical Archives Project (LHAP).
- Non-profit National History Day www
Non-profit academic program designed to promote the study of history. History Day. Includes information on upcoming contests and participation, past winners, and recommended links to history resources. National History Day.
- Offers BC Social Studies Teachers' Association www
Offers links to valuable lesson plans, Social Studies Teachers' Association, research links and professional information to teachers interested in socials, history, geography, and comparative civilizations. BC Social Studies Teachers' Association.
- Interactive You Wouldn't Want to Be a Roman Gladiator www
Interactive web book for children giving a humorous overview of the life of a Roman gladiator. You Wouldn't Want to Be a Roman Gladiator.
- Pages Ancient/Classical History Net Links www
Pages by classics/history classes at various elementary and secondary schools as well as pages produced specifically for use in such classes. Ancient/Classical History Net Links.
- How History Adventures www
How to plan history adventures and themed treasure hunts to bring history alive. History Adventures.
- Chronological A Book in Time www
Chronological lists of books, Book in Time, crafts, maps, timelines, and other resources for social studies teachers and homeschoolers. A Book in Time.
- An United States History www
An interactive syllabus for the US History course taught by Andrew Meyers at the Ethical Culture Fieldston School. States History. The page includes assignments, primary source documents, simulations and activities. United States History.
- Primary Ice Harvesting USA www
Primary source information on natural ice harvesting in the United States during the 19th and early 20th centuries with a focus on Frederic Tudor, Harvesting USA, the Ice King. Ice Harvesting USA.
- Features World History Blog www
Features different aspects of world history. History Blog. Sites dealing with any historical issue or topic are possible future posts. Also includes sites which discuss teaching history. World History Blog.
- Scholarly Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative www
Scholarly initiative to create a comprehensive interactive electronic historical world atlas combining mapping, Cultural Atlas Initiative, imagery, and texts. Aims, technology, scope, themes, news, membership, conference. Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative.
- Alexa: Education History
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Education History
- DMOZ: Education History
dmoz.org Directory: Education History