World History is an academic approach which studies the epochal progress of global human civilization. Comparative, interactive, and synthetic studies alike at the supranational and transnational level are appropriate to this section. World History By Topic History Society.
World history, global history or transnational history (not to be confused with diplomatic or international history ) is a field of historical study that emerged as a distinct academic field in the 1980s. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: World history or global history is a field of historical study that emerged as a distinct academic field in the 1980s. It examines history from a global perspective. It is not to be confused with comparative history, which, like world history, deals with the history of multiple cultures and nations, but does not do so on a global scale. World history looks for common patterns that emerge across all cultures. World historians use a thematic approach, with two major focal points: integration and difference.
- World history Category
- Comparative history - Comparative history is the comparison of different societies which existed during the same time period or shared similar cultural conditions.
- History of globalization - The historical origins of globalization are the subject of ongoing debate. Though several scholars situate the origins of globalization in the modern era, others regard it as a phenomenon with a long history.
- Political history of the world
- Universal history - A universal history is a work aiming at the presentation of the history of humankind as a whole, as a coherent unit.
- Transnational history - Transnational history is a field of history that looks at how developments within the history of one country has been shaped by developments outside of this country, e.g. how British history has been shaped by developments from France, Germany or the US. The idea of transnationalism can be traced...
- Fields of history
- Book Five Epochs of Civilization www
Book by William McGaughey about world history as emerging in five civilizations. Epochs of Civilization. Provides some brief descriptions and timelines, relating four of them to changes in communication technologies. Five Epochs of Civilization.
- A All Empires www
A database and online community dedicated to historical empires and cultures of the world. All Empires.
- A Mr. Braman's World History Homepage www
A collection of vocabulary words, Braman's World History Homepage, reading syllabi, and short articles covering world civilizatiosn from ancient to modern times, aimed at secondary school students. Mr. Braman's World History Homepage.
- Information History of Humanity www
Information on a seven-volume history of Scientific and Cultural Development published by UNESCO. Humanity. Includes a sample chapter and full table of contents. History of Humanity.
- "HyperHistory World History www
"HyperHistory Online navigates through 3 000 years of World History with links to important persons of world historical importance; civilization timelines; events and facts; and historical maps. History." World History.
- Database Ian's World of History www
Database of essays and entries on different periods of history. Ian's World of History.
- Offers History of the World www
Offers an essay giving an overview of world history. the World. Created by history teacher Jeff Coons. History of the World.
- Selection World History circa 1200 A.D. www
Selection of short articles about world figures and events in the early thirteenth century. World History circa 1200 A.D..
- Lecture Western Civilization: From Adam to Atom www
Lecture notes from retired history professor, Civilization: From Adam to Atom, Dr. Raymond Jirran. Western Civilization: From Adam to Atom.
- An Odin's Castle of Dreams & Legends www
An Archive of History and Historical Resources. Castle of Dreams & Legends. All time periods from dawn of man to today. Odin's Castle of Dreams & Legends.
- Information International Migration www
Information on migrations throughout history, Migration, particularly those in Europe and the western world. International Migration.
- A MacroHistory: Prehistory to the 21st Century www
A narrative on trends, Prehistory to the 21st Century, successes and failures across the ages in power conflicts, religion, philosophy, and political institutions. Also, monthly commentaries with a historical perspective. MacroHistory: Prehistory to the 21st Century.
- Alexa: World History By Topic
Alexa Directory Top Sites: World History By Topic
- DMOZ: World History By Topic
dmoz.org Directory: World History By Topic