Labor Social History By Topic History Society.
- Child labour Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their...
- Labour economics Labour economics seeks to understand the functioning and dynamics of the markets for wage labour.
- Labour Day An annual holiday to celebrate the achievements of workers.
- Bonded labour A person's pledge of labour or services as security for the repayment for a debt or other...
- Labor (album) The second album from Brooklyn electropop band MEN. It was self-released on October 22, 2013...
- Labor, Koper A small village in the City Municipality of Koper in the Littoral region of Slovenia on the...
- Labour Party Meanings In several countries.
- The Terrible Transformation www
Numerous articles tracing the origins of American slavery from the European incursion into Africa to mid 18th century America, Terrible Transformation, maps, timelines, and illustrations.
- Presents History Of Work Information System www
Presents the world of work of the past as known by occupational activities. History Of Work Information System.
- Provides International Association of Labour History Institutions www
Provides news, Association of Labour History Institutions, serials tables of contents, and other services from all major collecting institutions in the field. International Association of Labour History Institutions.
- News, Labour History Resources www
News, History Resources, links and resources. Labour History Resources.
- Extensive Child Labour 1750-1850 www
Extensive treatment of the topic, Labour 1750-1850, from the Encyclopaedia of British History. Child Labour 1750-1850.
- Includes Irish Labour History www
Includes scanned material and links. Irish Labour History.
- Virtual Labor Arts www
Virtual museum exhibiting and cataloging the art of the labor movement and working people. Arts. Collections include parades, cartoon art on labor themes, and buttons and badges. Labor Arts.
- Articles World History Archives: The working-class history of Canada www
Articles and documents from the left-wing press on working class activism, History Archives: The working-class history of Canada, work conditions and other issues. World History Archives: The working-class history of Canada.
- In On to Ottawa Historical Society www
In 1935 hundreds of single unemployed men hopped freight trains for Ottawa demanding work, Ottawa Historical Society, wages and an end to government relief camps. Information about the event. On to Ottawa Historical Society.
- Online What Next? www
Online Marxist discussion journal that carries a number of historical articles. Next?. What Next?.
- Online A Brief History of the American Left www
Online essay by Maurice Isserman. A Brief History of the American Left.
- A Industrial Revolution www
A comprehensive entry on the Industrial Revolution. Industrial Revolution.
- The Eccles, Manchester, Canals and Revolution www
The story of how the Duke of Bridgewater created the first true canal in the United Kingdom from his coal mines to Manchester with galleries of related photographs and engravings. Eccles, Manchester, Canals and Revolution.
- Grave Graveyards of Chicago: John Peter Altgeld www
Grave marker photograph and short biography of the Illinois governor who pardoned participants of the Haymarket Riots and refused to send in troops against the striking railway workers. Graveyards of Chicago: John Peter Altgeld.
- A Working Class Movement Library www
A collection of materials concerned with the activities, Class Movement Library, expression and enquiries of the labor movement, its allies and its enemies, since the late eighteenth century. [Salford, UK] Working Class Movement Library.
- Two Race and Slavery in the Middle East www
Two chapters on the roots of African slavery, and Slavery in the Middle East, specifically in the Middle eastern region, by Bernard Lewis, Oxford University Press. Race and Slavery in the Middle East.
- Online The Triangle Factory Fire www
Online exhibit of the Kheel Center at Cornell University covering the store of the fire and labor activism, Triangle Factory Fire, mourning and relief work, and the following investigation and reform. Includes documents, audio, photographs, and illustrations as well as list of victims and witnesses, bibliography, and related links. The Triangle Factory Fire.
- Links Triangle Shirtwaist Company Fire www
Links to several accounts, Shirtwaist Company Fire, historical records and photographs, and period information provided by the Lower Hudson Regional Information Center. Triangle Shirtwaist Company Fire.
- Text Sex In History www
Text of a 1954 history of sexuality and relationships by Gordon Rattray Taylor critical of their historical repression. Sex In History.
- Brief The Victorian Web: Victorian Social History www
Brief essays on a wide range of topics, Victorian Web: Victorian Social History, including public health, conditions of life and labor, economic history, education, and race, class and gender issues. The Victorian Web: Victorian Social History.
- Alexa: Labor Social History
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Labor Social History
- DMOZ: Labor Social History
dmoz.org Directory: Labor Social History