This section lists sites devoted to cultural history relevant to language, religious beliefs, values, and customs shared by groups of people. Cultural History By Topic History Society.
Cultural history combines the approaches of anthropology and history to look at popular cultural traditions and cultural interpretations of historical experience. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Cultural history combines the approaches of anthropology and history to look at popular cultural traditions and cultural interpretations of historical experience. It examines the records and narrative descriptions of past matter, encompassing the continuum of events pertaining to a culture.
- Cultural history Category
- Collective unconscious - Collective unconscious, a term coined by Carl Jung, refers to structures of the unconscious mind which are shared among beings of the same species.
- History of mentalities - The history of mentalities is a calque of the French term histoire des mentalit s, which might also be translated as "history of attitudes", "mindsets" or "world-views".
- Ethnohistory - Ethnohistory is the study of cultures and indigenous peoples' customs by examining historical records as well as other sources of information on their lives and history. It is also the study of the history of various ethnic groups that may or may not still exist.
- Fields of history
- Cultural studies
- Theories of history
- Examines Weaving: Art and Lore www
Examines cross-cultural weaving, Art and Lore, cosmic webs, spinning, spindles, fabrics, and ethnic costume; it also explores Grandmother Spider Woman, Rumpelstiltskin, Sleeping Beauty, and other myths and fairytales on weaving from around the world. Weaving: Art and Lore.
- An History and Technology. www
An experiment in historical interpretation, and Technology., combining a review of modern technologies, discussion of their chronological context, and societal implications. History and Technology..
- A Queen Anne Furniture: Origins & Influences www
A term paper by Pauline Contursi tracing the evolution by looking at its roots through history and culture with images. Queen Anne Furniture: Origins & Influences.
- Goals, Radiozone www
Goals, Radiozone, chronology, stories, internet radio, and links. Radiozone.
- A Chris To's Collection www
A private showroom for PRC China Cultural Revolution Period relics. Chris To's Collection.
- Exploring The Best of Legends www
Exploring legends in history, Best of Legends, folklore, literature, fiction, and the arts. The Best of Legends.
- The Warburg Institute www
The Warburg Institute of the University of London exists principally to further the study of the classical tradition, Institute, that is of those elements of European thought, literature, art and institutions which derive from the ancient world. Warburg Institute.
- A America's Cultural Rebels www
A book on artistic avant-gardes and the rise of countercultures by Roy Kotynek and John Cohassey with selected excerpts and preface America's Cultural Rebels.
- A Traveling Exhibition Service www
A general introduction to the rich heritage of Sri Lankan Buddhist art that spans over 2300 years. Traveling Exhibition Service.
- The MR Bloch Salt Archive www
The influence on the development of ancient civilizations (1000 BCE) to the Industrial Revolution. MR Bloch Salt Archive.
- Gateway Electromusications www
Gateway to the Transdiffusion Broadcasting System sites and affiliated sites. Electromusications. The history and development of British television presentation (including graphic design, jingles). Electromusications.
- Privately The Silkroad Foundation www
Privately funded non-profit organization, Silkroad Foundation, established to promote the study and preservation of cultures and art on Inner Asia and the Silk Road. Extensive library of articles, lectures and studies. Links to related sites. The Silkroad Foundation.
- An Anxiety and Whimsy in Popular Culture www
An academic research paper. Anxiety and Whimsy in Popular Culture.
- Retail Deadmalls.com www
Retail history of malls and their nature. Deadmalls.com. Features on past and present malls across the US, dictionary, and store locator. Deadmalls.com.
- Text Sex In History www
Text of a 1954 history of sexuality and relationships by Gordon Rattray Taylor critical of their historical repression. Sex In History.
- A Temperance and Prohibition www
A series of illustrated articles on the history of prohibition in the United States from Ohio State University History Department. Temperance and Prohibition.
- Alexa: Cultural History By Topic
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Cultural History By Topic
- DMOZ: Cultural History By Topic
dmoz.org Directory: Cultural History By Topic