Middle East By Region History Society.
Formerly, the Eurocentric synonym Near East (as opposed to Far East ) was commonly used. Arabs, Azeris, Kurds, Persians, Egyptians and Turks constitute the largest ethnic groups in the region by population, while Armenians, Assyrians, Circassians, Coptic Christians, Druze, Greeks, Jews, Maronites, Somalis, and other ethnic and ethno-religious groups form significant minorities. (wikipedia)
- Middle East A transcontinental region centered on Western Asia and Egypt.
- Middle East Airlines Middle East Airlines ? Air Liban S.A.L., more commonly known as Middle East Airlines, is the...
- Greater Middle East A political term that denotes a set of contiguously connected countries.
- The Middle East (nightclub) A live music venue, bar and restaurant in the Central Square area of Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Middle East, Baltimore A neighborhood in the heart of East Baltimore, Maryland.
- Middle East Television A Christian-based satellite television broadcasting network located in Limassol, Cyprus.
- The Middle East (band) A band based in Townsville in Queensland, Australia.
- The Middle East (magazine) A magazine which covers news, business and culture in the Arab world.
- Mideast Youth A regional not-for-profit organization focused on amplifying voices of dissent throughout the...
- Mid-East Region, Ireland A NUTS Level III statistical region of Ireland.
- Two Race and Slavery in the Middle East www
Two chapters on the roots of slavery in the Middle eastern region, and Slavery in the Middle East, by Bernard Lewis, Oxford University Press. Race and Slavery in the Middle East.
- The Scrolls From The Dead Sea www
The Ancient Library of Qumran and Modern Scholarship Scrolls From The Dead Sea.
- History Nabataea www
History and archaeological articles about the Nabataean Kingdom and its capital city of Petra. Nabataea.
- Documents MidEastWeb - Historical Documents www
Documents and background on the Palestine/Israel conflict, Historical Documents, peace process and other Middle Eastern history. MidEastWeb - Historical Documents.
- Collected PBS NewsHour - Afghanistan www
Collected PBS NewsHour reports about Afghanistan since 1983. PBS NewsHour - Afghanistan.
- Documents World History Archives: The History of Afghanistan www
Documents and articles. World History Archives: The History of Afghanistan.
- From Ancient Accounts of Arabia, 430BCE-550CE www
From the Ancient History Sourcebook. Ancient Accounts of Arabia, 430BCE-550CE.
- Brief Hittites: 1600-717 BC www
Brief chronology of the Hittite Empire as well as an overview of their language, 1600-717 BC, legal system, and religion. Hittites: 1600-717 BC.
- Review Treaty of Bucharest www
Review of the territorial changes resulting from the August 10, Bucharest, 1913 treaty that partitioned the region. Treaty of Bucharest.
- Essay Morituri te Ignoramus www
Essay on Balkan history, Ignoramus, with timeline, written in 1999. Morituri te Ignoramus.
- Introduction Wikipedia: Ten City-Kingdoms of Cyprus www
Introduction to the ancient division of the island, Ten City-Kingdoms of Cyprus, of which Paphos and Kyrenia, remain in common use. Includes links to illustrated time-line from prehistoric and medieval times through Ottoman rule to twentieth century turmoil. Wikipedia: Ten City-Kingdoms of Cyprus.
- A Egypt: A Travelogue www
A photo essay, Travelogue, with explanatory text, of contemporary life in rural and urban Egypt: Land and People, the Nile; Aswan, the Dam, Lake Nasser, and Abu Simbel; Giza, the Pyramids, and Sphinx; and the Egyptian Museum. German text also available. Egypt: A Travelogue.
- Biography, Sheik Hassan Maamoun www
Biography, Hassan Maamoun, photographs, and other information on Sheik Hassan Maamoun, who served Egypt as head of the Supreme Islamic Jurisprudence Court, El Mofti of the Republic, member of Parliament during the years of El Wehda (unification) with Syria, and as 44th Grand Imam of Al-Azhar. Sheik Hassan Maamoun.
- An Alkhazina www
An interactive database for the study of Islamic Culture, Alkhazina, particularly in the early centuries. Includes maps, articles, biographies and a timeline. Alkhazina.
- A Islam, 622 AD - present www
A susbstantial and detailed perspective on the history of Islam, 622 AD - present, by Kelley L Ross, Los Angeles Valley College, California. Islam, 622 AD - present.
- Directory History - American and British www
Directory of reference sites, American and British, portals, mailing lists, and other web resources maintained by the Rutgers University Libraries. History - American and British.
- Alexa: Middle East By Region
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Middle East By Region
- DMOZ: Middle East By Region
dmoz.org Directory: Middle East By Region