The government sector: resources related to the "business" of governing, sites of and about world and interregional governing bodies, and links to "government" categories elsewhere in the The Directory. Government Society.
A government is the system by which a state or community is controlled. In the case of this broad associative definition, government normally consists of legislators, administrators, and arbitrators. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A government is the system or group of people governing an organized community, often a state. In the case of its broad associative definition, government normally consists of legislature, executive, and judiciary. Government is a means by which state policies are enforced, as well as a mechanism for determining the policy.
- Government Category
- Central government - A central government is the government of a nation-state and is a characteristic of a unitary state.
- Civics - Civics is the study of the theoretical, political and practical aspects of citizenship, as well as its rights and duties; the duties of citizens to each other as members of a political body and to the government.
- Comparative government - Comparative politics is a field in political science, characterized by an empirical approach based on the comparative method. In other words, comparative politics is the study of the domestic politics, political institutions, and conflicts of countries.
- Constitutional economics - Constitutional economics is a research program in economics and constitutionalism that has been described as explaining the choice "of alternative sets of legal-institutional-constitutional rules that constrain the choices and activities of economic and political agents".
- Deep state - State within a state is a political situation in a country when an internal organ, such as the armed forces or public authorities, does not respond to the civilian political leadership.
- Digital democracy - E-democracy, also known as digital democracy or Internet democracy, incorporates 21st-century information and communications technology to promote democracy.
- Constitutional state types
- Government institutions
- Forms of government
- Political terminology
- The epractice.eu www
The portal created by the European Commission offers a service for the professional community of eGovernment, epractice.eu, eInclusion and eHealth practitioners. epractice.eu.
- List CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments www
List of government officials and their titles, Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments, updated weekly. Also includes the head of the central bank, ambassadors to the United States and Permanent Representatives to the UN, New York. CIA - Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments.
- Air Australia www
Air Services Australia, Australia, providing of air traffic services; the design, creation and maintenance of airways systems; and the provision of aviation rescue and firefighting services. Australia.
- Directorate India www
Directorate General of Civil Aviation, India, responsible for implementing, controlling, and supervising airworthiness standards, safety operations, crew training in India.
- Links Elections and Electoral Systems by Country www
Links to historical and current election results, and Electoral Systems by Country, news, and commentary from around the world. Elections and Electoral Systems by Country.
- Online Black Box Voting: Ballot-Tampering in the 21st Century www
Online book examines the potential problems with the present generation of computerized voting machines and the software that runs them. Black Box Voting: Ballot-Tampering in the 21st Century.
- Official New Zealand Companies Office www
Official government register for companies in New Zealand. Zealand Companies Office. Database with information on companies, directors, and security interests registered on motor vehicles, including filed documents. Free access to registry includes companies' name, status, and registered office. New Zealand Companies Office.
- Authority Irish Companies Registration Office www
Authority for incorporation of companies and the registration of business names in Ireland. Companies Registration Office. Downloadable forms, legislation, price list, FAQs, and more in the "Doing business with us" section. Irish Companies Registration Office.
- Concerned CNET.com: Governments push open-source software www
Concerned with costs and dependency, Governments push open-source software, legislators from Brazil to China are increasingly considering open-source software. CNET.com: Governments push open-source software.
- Information OECD e-Government Project www
Information from the OECD on how governments can better use IT to achieve good governance principles and deliver policy. OECD e-Government Project.
- General World Courts www
General information, Courts, including procedures, history, statistics and authority of various International World Courts.
- Tribunal International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea www
Tribunal for disputes arising out of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, based in Hamburg, Germany. Includes text of proceedings and judgments and other documents in English and French. International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea.
- Ministry Lithuania www
Ministry of National Defence. Lithuania.
- Ministry Finland www
Ministry of Defence. Finland.
- Alexa: Government Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Government Society
- DMOZ: Government Society
dmoz.org Directory: Government Society