Sites in which the primary focus is the history of a surname or a family history connected to a specific surname. Surnames Genealogy Society.
A surname or family name is a name added to a given name. In many cases, a surname is a family name and many dictionaries define "surname" as a synonym of "family name". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A surname or family name is a name added to a given name. In many cases, a surname is a family name and many dictionaries define "surname" as a synonym of "family name". In the English-speaking world, it is commonly synonymous with last name because it is usually placed at the end of a person's full name, after any given names.
- Surname Category
- Genealogy - Genealogy, also known as family history, is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history. Genealogists use oral interviews, historical records, genetic analysis, and other records to obtain information about a family and to demonstrate kinship and pedigrees of its members.
- Generation name - Generation name, variously zibei or banci, is one of the characters in a traditional Chinese name, and is so called because each member of a generation share that character, unlike surnames or given names.
- Legal name - Legal name is the name that identifies a person for legal, administrative and other official purposes.
- Lists of most common surnames - The most common surnames vary nationally, regionally, and culturally. Lists of widely common surnames consist of those family names most often occurring within the total population of a region.
- Maiden and married names - When a person assumes the family name of his or her spouse, that name replaces the person's birth surname, which in the case of the wife is called the maiden name. "Birth name" is also used as a gender-neutral or masculine substitute for "maiden name."
- A Surname Search Utility www
A free research tool for finding genealogical information about a surname. Surname Search Utility.
- Umbrella Guild of One-Name Studies www
Umbrella group for one-name study organisations based at the Society of Genealogists in London. One-Name Studies. Site gives details of publications and activities of the organization. Guild of One-Name Studies.
- Transcribed Surname Genealogy Archive www
Transcribed records and death records posted by visitors and extracted from various sources. Surname Genealogy Archive.
- An Surname to Soundex Calculator www
An online surname to soundex converter utility based on the US archive standards. Soundex Calculator. Includes an explanation of the soundex algorithm and soundex limitations. Surname to Soundex Calculator.
- Features Agyar Family Mailing List www
Features ahnentafel reports, Family Mailing List, biographies, BDMs, cemetery and census records, church registers, reunions, wills and obituaries, webrings, land patents, military history, and tax records. Agyar Family Mailing List.
- Descendants Amalfitano www
Descendants of Antonio Amalfitano and Francesca Lauro. Amalfitano. Includes family tree, photographs, forum and reunion details. Amalfitano.
- Includes Armenia Genealogy Resources www
Includes Armenian surnames, Genealogy Resources, given names and maps. Armenia Genealogy Resources.
- The Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy www
The family genealogy of an Armenian Family tracing its roots to Dikranagert (now Diyarbekir), Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy, Turkey. Research of the Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian family lineage. Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy.
- Contains Yap, Brian www
Contains ancestors for 13 generations on one side of the family. Brian. Alphabetical list included. Yap, Brian.
- My Swadling's World www
My personal genealogy pages, World, particularly the Swadling, but also including many others in Australia, Ireland, England, Scotland and Norway. Swadling's World.
- Family Brumm www
Family connections in Henry, Brumm, Louisa and Des Moines Counties, Iowa. Includes pedigree. Brumm.
- One Brew www
One name study including searchable databases and associated links. Brew.
- Ancestral Cryer www
Ancestral history compiled by Pat Cryer. Cryer. Includes surnames Best, Boult, Clark and Web. Also features an illustrated overview and descendens of the key individuals associated with the Cole Potteries in Tottenham, UK. Cryer.
- Non-profit Crouch Family Heritage Association www
Non-profit society formed by the heirs of Ralph Waldo Crouch to maintain the family farm and to preserve buildings and landmarks connected with the Crouch family. Family Heritage Association. Includes grave preservation and the strengthening of ties via the family tree. Crouch Family Heritage Association.
- Resources Clan MacNeil in Canada www
Resources for the Clan, MacNeil in Canada, which is a non-profit member of CASSOC (Clans and Scottish Societies of Canada) and COSCA (Council of Scottish Clan Associations). Clan MacNeil in Canada.
- National Clan Frasier Society of Canada www
National society operating worldwide under the authority of the Lord Lovat, Frasier Society of Canada, Chief of Clan Fraser of Lovat, offering membership to those bearing the name of Fraser, or those who bear ancestry to the surname. Clan Frasier Society of Canada.
- Alexa: Surnames Genealogy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Surnames Genealogy
- DMOZ: Surnames Genealogy
dmoz.org Directory: Surnames Genealogy