Sites in which the primary focus is the history of a surname or a family history connected to a specific surname. Surnames Genealogy Society.
A surname or family name is a name added to a given name. In many cases, a surname is a family name and many dictionaries define "surname" as a synonym of "family name". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A surname, family name, or last name is the portion of a personal name that indicates a person's family. Depending on the culture all members of a family unit may have identical surnames or there may be variations based on the cultural rules.
- Surname Category
- Genealogy - Genealogy, also known as family history, is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history. Genealogists use oral interviews, historical records, genetic analysis, and other records to obtain information about a family and to demonstrate kinship and pedigrees of its members.
- Generation name - Generation name, variously zibei or banci, is one of the characters in a traditional Chinese name, and is so called because each member of a generation share that character, unlike surnames or given names.
- Legal name - Legal name is the name that identifies a person for legal, administrative and other official purposes.
- Lists of most common surnames - The most common surnames in the world are, in order, Lee, Zhang, Wang, Chang, Nguyen, Garcia, Gonzalez, Hernandez, Smith, Smirnov, and M ller.
- Maiden and married names - When a person assumes the family name of his or her spouse, that name replaces the person's birth surname, which in the case of the wife is called the maiden name, whereas a married name is a family name or surname adopted by a person upon marriage.
- Transcribed Surname Genealogy Archive www
Transcribed records and death records posted by visitors and extracted from various sources. Surname Genealogy Archive.
- Umbrella Guild of One-Name Studies www
Umbrella group for one-name study organisations based at the Society of Genealogists in London. One-Name Studies. Site gives details of publications and activities of the organization. Guild of One-Name Studies.
- An Surname to Soundex Calculator www
An online surname to soundex converter utility based on the US archive standards. Soundex Calculator. Includes an explanation of the soundex algorithm and soundex limitations. Surname to Soundex Calculator.
- A Surname Search Utility www
A free research tool for finding genealogical information about a surname. Surname Search Utility.
- Descendants Ada Family Tree www
Descendants of William Ada, Family Tree, Exciseman. UK, Australia, Canada and the USA. Ada Family Tree.
- Ancestors Ahmuty www
Ancestors and descendants of Thomas Ahmuty. Ahmuty. Includes descendant charts and features transcripts of wills, and other historical documents. Ahmuty.
- The Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy www
The family genealogy of an Armenian Family tracing its roots to Dikranagert (now Diyarbekir), Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy, Turkey. Research of the Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian family lineage. Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy.
- A Armenia Genealogy Forum www
A list of postings where Armenians having lost their relatives during the deportations and the genocide search members of their families and their descendants. Genealogy Forum. Features also a chat room. Armenia Genealogy Forum.
- Descendants McCorry Family www
Descendants of Richard McCorry (b. Family.1819) from Aghagallon, County Antrim, IRL; died in Northam, Western AUS in 1889. McCorry Family.
- Access Lovegrove Family Society www
Access to detailed information about members of the Lovegrove family since George and Sarah Lovegrove sailed from Bramley England to Sydney Australia in 1853. Lovegrove Family Society.
- Web Brooks www
Web ring pertaining to the name and associated variants such as Brook, Brooks, Brooke, Broox, Brookes, Brux, Brox and Esterbrooks. Brooks.
- Various Bending Family History www
Various sourced family trees including associated families. Family History. Provides history, origins, vital statistics, and geographical distribution by UK county. Bending Family History.
- Yahoo Colagrosso Ancestry www
Yahoo group for all Colagrosso and relatives worldwide. Ancestry. Primary aim is to discuss roots and determine whether a common lineage is shared. Colagrosso Ancestry.
- Family Coville www
Family history of John and Dora Coville including the surnames Arscott, Coville, Bell, Mayne and Main. Coville.
- Information Dufour Families Association of America www
Information about settlers in Canada and U. Families Association of America.S. named Dufour. Includes information about the group's newsletter, book publications and membership. [English/French] Dufour Families Association of America.
- National Clan Frasier Society of Canada www
National society operating worldwide under the authority of the Lord Lovat, Frasier Society of Canada, Chief of Clan Fraser of Lovat, offering membership to those bearing the name of Fraser, or those who bear ancestry to the surname. Clan Frasier Society of Canada.
- Alexa: Surnames Genealogy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Surnames Genealogy
- DMOZ: Surnames Genealogy
dmoz.org Directory: Surnames Genealogy