Sites in which the primary focus is the history of a surname or a family history connected to a specific surname. Surnames Genealogy Society.
A surname or family name is a name added to a given name. In many cases, a surname is a family name and many dictionaries define "surname" as a synonym of "family name". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A surname or family name is a name added to a given name. In many cases, a surname is a family name and many dictionaries define "surname" as a synonym of "family name". In the Western Hemisphere, it is commonly synonymous with last name because it is usually placed at the end of a person's given name there.
- Surname Category
- Genealogy - Genealogy, also known as family history, is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history. Genealogists use oral interviews, historical records, genetic analysis, and other records to obtain information about a family and to demonstrate kinship and pedigrees of its members.
- Generation name - Generation name, variously zibei or banci, is one of the characters in a traditional Chinese name, and is so called because each member of a generation share that character, unlike surnames or given names.
- Legal name - Legal name is the name that identifies a person for legal, administrative and other official purposes.
- Lists of most common surnames - The most common surnames vary nationally, regionally, and culturally. Lists of widely common surnames consist of those family names most often occurring within the total population of a region.
- Maiden and married names - When a person assumes the family name of his or her spouse, that name replaces the person's birth name, which in the case of the wife is called the maiden name. "Birth name" is also used as a gender-neutral or masculine substitute for "maiden name."
- A Surname Search Utility www
A free research tool for finding genealogical information about a surname. Surname Search Utility.
- Transcribed Surname Genealogy Archive www
Transcribed records and death records posted by visitors and extracted from various sources. Surname Genealogy Archive.
- An Surname to Soundex Calculator www
An online surname to soundex converter utility based on the US archive standards. Soundex Calculator. Includes an explanation of the soundex algorithm and soundex limitations. Surname to Soundex Calculator.
- Umbrella Guild of One-Name Studies www
Umbrella group for one-name study organisations based at the Society of Genealogists in London. One-Name Studies. Site gives details of publications and activities of the organization. Guild of One-Name Studies.
- Family Akers Family: Banyan Tree www
Family history of the late Earl B Akers, Family: Banyan Tree, Snr. Presented by his family Kay Lynn, Teresa, Melanie and Earl, Jnr. Akers Family: Banyan Tree.
- Ancestry Alsweiler www
Ancestry of Aaron Alsweiler featuring gedcom files, Alsweiler, general history, family tree and guestbook. Alsweiler.
- A Armenia Genealogy Forum www
A list of postings where Armenians having lost their relatives during the deportations and the genocide search members of their families and their descendants. Genealogy Forum. Features also a chat room. Armenia Genealogy Forum.
- Includes Armenia Genealogy Resources www
Includes Armenian surnames, Genealogy Resources, given names and maps. Armenia Genealogy Resources.
- Genealogy Thomson Family www
Genealogy and family history of the Bull, Family, Crofts, Girt, Noble, Perrey, Richardson, Salisbury, Setford, Tickell, Turner, Woods, Wray, Fosker and Kemball families. Genealogical database and site search. Thomson Family.
- Traces Lance's Home of Genealogy www
Traces the Prebble families from Kent, Home of Genealogy, England, who arrived in New Zealand on the "Aurora" in 1840 and the Schneider families who arrived in Queensland, Australia on the "Susanne Goddfrey" from Germany in 1856. Lance's Home of Genealogy.
- Y-chromosome Bricker www
Y-chromosome testing to determine family relationships; and to establish specific European origins and timescale. Bricker.
- Pedigrees Binghams of Bingham County www
Pedigrees including Fife, Bingham County, Aldous, Gates, Warner, and Wilkins. Binghams of Bingham County.
- Family Curson www
Family history and general interests of Greg Curson. Curson. Includes the surnames Elsbury family, Parish, Theobald, Jackson and Holbrook. Curson.
- Ancestral Crundwell Family History www
Ancestral research including surnames Horvath, Family History, Kerr, Madej, Schemine, Silva and Sliwinski. Crundwell Family History.
- National Clan Frasier Society of Canada www
National society operating worldwide under the authority of the Lord Lovat, Frasier Society of Canada, Chief of Clan Fraser of Lovat, offering membership to those bearing the name of Fraser, or those who bear ancestry to the surname. Clan Frasier Society of Canada.
- Resources Clan MacNeil in Canada www
Resources for the Clan, MacNeil in Canada, which is a non-profit member of CASSOC (Clans and Scottish Societies of Canada) and COSCA (Council of Scottish Clan Associations). Clan MacNeil in Canada.
- Alexa: Surnames Genealogy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Surnames Genealogy
- DMOZ: Surnames Genealogy
dmoz.org Directory: Surnames Genealogy