Sites in which the primary focus is the history of a surname or a family history connected to a specific surname. Surnames Genealogy Society.
A surname or family name is a name added to a given name. In many cases, a surname is a family name and many dictionaries define "surname" as a synonym of "family name". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A surname or family name is a name added to a given name. In many cases, a surname is a family name and many dictionaries define "surname" as a synonym of "family name". In the English-speaking world, it is commonly synonymous with last name because it is usually placed at the end of a person's full name, after any given names.
- Surname Category
- Genealogy - Genealogy, also known as family history, is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history. Genealogists use oral interviews, historical records, genetic analysis, and other records to obtain information about a family and to demonstrate kinship and pedigrees of its members.
- Generation name - Generation name, variously zibei or banci, is one of the characters in a traditional Chinese name, and is so called because each member of a generation share that character, unlike surnames or given names.
- Legal name - Legal name is the name that identifies a person for legal, administrative and other official purposes.
- Lists of most common surnames - The most common surnames vary nationally, regionally, and culturally. Lists of widely common surnames consist of those family names most often occurring within the total population of a region.
- Maiden and married names - When a person assumes the family name of his or her spouse, that name replaces the person's birth surname, which in the case of the wife is called the maiden name. "Birth name" is also used as a gender-neutral or masculine substitute for "maiden name."
- Umbrella Guild of One-Name Studies www
Umbrella group for one-name study organisations based at the Society of Genealogists in London. One-Name Studies. Site gives details of publications and activities of the organization. Guild of One-Name Studies.
- A Surname Search Utility www
A free research tool for finding genealogical information about a surname. Surname Search Utility.
- An Surname to Soundex Calculator www
An online surname to soundex converter utility based on the US archive standards. Soundex Calculator. Includes an explanation of the soundex algorithm and soundex limitations. Surname to Soundex Calculator.
- Transcribed Surname Genealogy Archive www
Transcribed records and death records posted by visitors and extracted from various sources. Surname Genealogy Archive.
- Family Ajzenbergs of Telechan www
Family tree, Telechan, Arthur Eisenberg's family history book, and an account of Arthur's trip to Telechan. Includes variants Eisenbergs and Eizenbergs. Ajzenbergs of Telechan.
- Descendants Amalfitano www
Descendants of Antonio Amalfitano and Francesca Lauro. Amalfitano. Includes family tree, photographs, forum and reunion details. Amalfitano.
- Includes Armenia Genealogy Resources www
Includes Armenian surnames, Genealogy Resources, given names and maps. Armenia Genealogy Resources.
- The Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy www
The family genealogy of an Armenian Family tracing its roots to Dikranagert (now Diyarbekir), Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy, Turkey. Research of the Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian family lineage. Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy.
- Genealogy Thomson Family www
Genealogy and family history of the Bull, Family, Crofts, Girt, Noble, Perrey, Richardson, Salisbury, Setford, Tickell, Turner, Woods, Wray, Fosker and Kemball families. Genealogical database and site search. Thomson Family.
- Families Pam's Genealogy & Local History www
Families include Williams, Genealogy & Local History, Willings, Missen, Maudsley, Mickan, Tscherne, Schwarze, Schwartz, Harris and Spinks. Pam's Genealogy & Local History.
- Descendants Biffle Researchers www
Descendants of Paulus Büffel, Researchers, emigrated from Contwig (Germany)1738, to Philadelphia then later Rowan County, North Carolina. Also includes Biffle and non-related US Buffels. Biffle Researchers.
- Searchable Bachus Family Tree www
Searchable PAF database prepared by Robert Bachus, Family Tree, featuring Gedcom download. Bachus Family Tree.
- Researching Calderwoods of Killydonnelly www
Researching the family line from County Antrim, Killydonnelly, Northern Ireland; compiled by Alan Calderwood. Calderwoods of Killydonnelly.
- Harold Carman/Bryan Family Since 1982 www
Harold Carman Snr and wife Bettye Sue Bryan seek the ancestors and descendants of James Warren Carr (1839-1907). Carman/Bryan Family Since 1982.
- National Clan Frasier Society of Canada www
National society operating worldwide under the authority of the Lord Lovat, Frasier Society of Canada, Chief of Clan Fraser of Lovat, offering membership to those bearing the name of Fraser, or those who bear ancestry to the surname. Clan Frasier Society of Canada.
- Resources Clan MacNeil in Canada www
Resources for the Clan, MacNeil in Canada, which is a non-profit member of CASSOC (Clans and Scottish Societies of Canada) and COSCA (Council of Scottish Clan Associations). Clan MacNeil in Canada.
- Alexa: Surnames Genealogy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Surnames Genealogy
- DMOZ: Surnames Genealogy
dmoz.org Directory: Surnames Genealogy