Sites in which the primary focus is the history of a surname or a family history connected to a specific surname. Surnames Genealogy Society.
A surname or family name is a name added to a given name. In many cases, a surname is a family name and many dictionaries define "surname" as a synonym of "family name". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A surname, family name, or last name is the portion of a personal name that indicates a person's family. Depending on the culture all members of a family unit may have identical surnames or there may be variations based on the cultural rules.
- Surname Category
- Genealogy - Genealogy, also known as family history, is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history. Genealogists use oral interviews, historical records, genetic analysis, and other records to obtain information about a family and to demonstrate kinship and pedigrees of its members.
- Generation name - Generation name, variously zibei or banci, is one of the characters in a traditional Chinese name, and is so called because each member of a generation share that character, unlike surnames or given names.
- Legal name - Legal name is the name that identifies a person for legal, administrative and other official purposes.
- Lists of most common surnames - The most common surnames in the world are, in order, Tr??ng, Li, Wang, Nguy?n, Garcia, Gonzalez, Hern ndez, Smith, Smirnov, and M ller.
- Maiden and married names - When a person assumes the family name of his or her spouse, that name replaces the person's birth surname, which in the case of the wife is called the maiden name, whereas a married name is a family name or surname adopted by a person upon marriage.
- Transcribed Surname Genealogy Archive www
Transcribed records and death records posted by visitors and extracted from various sources. Surname Genealogy Archive.
- A Surname Search Utility www
A free research tool for finding genealogical information about a surname. Surname Search Utility.
- Umbrella Guild of One-Name Studies www
Umbrella group for one-name study organisations based at the Society of Genealogists in London. One-Name Studies. Site gives details of publications and activities of the organization. Guild of One-Name Studies.
- An Surname to Soundex Calculator www
An online surname to soundex converter utility based on the US archive standards. Soundex Calculator. Includes an explanation of the soundex algorithm and soundex limitations. Surname to Soundex Calculator.
- Researching Andert www
Researching the Andert, Andert, Muth, Unger and Fleischhaker families of Pomogy, Hungary (Pamhagen, Austria). Compiled by Gene Andert. Includes link to Hamman surname resources. Andert.
- Fee Antrim Family Newsletter www
Fee based subscription featuring the Antram and Antrim families of Salem, Family Newsletter, from 1635 to present day. Includes the poetry and ancestors of Clyde V Antrim. Antrim Family Newsletter.
- The Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy www
The family genealogy of an Armenian Family tracing its roots to Dikranagert (now Diyarbekir), Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy, Turkey. Research of the Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian family lineage. Amerian, Memleketian and Kasarjian Family Genealogy.
- A Armenia Genealogy Forum www
A list of postings where Armenians having lost their relatives during the deportations and the genocide search members of their families and their descendants. Genealogy Forum. Features also a chat room. Armenia Genealogy Forum.
- Find Bohn, Joan Lesley Hammond www
Find information about the ancestors of Joan Lesley Hammond (Bohn). Bohn, Joan Lesley Hammond.
- Families Pam's Genealogy & Local History www
Families include Williams, Genealogy & Local History, Willings, Missen, Maudsley, Mickan, Tscherne, Schwarze, Schwartz, Harris and Spinks. Pam's Genealogy & Local History.
- Researching Brailsford Pages www
Researching the history and application of the surname including variants Bralsford, Pages, Brealsford, Brelsford, Brialsford and Brailsforth. Features transcript database and origins in Derbyshire,UK.. Brailsford Pages.
- Database Bannister and Yehl www
Database featuring Bannister, and Yehl, Bell, Bird, Gilmore, Graves, Keener, Smith, and Yehl (Jehl). Bannister and Yehl.
- Ancestors Coulter Family www
Ancestors and descendants of Robert Coalter (b. Family.1785) from VA, USA. Features message board and surname study including spelling variants Coalter and Colter. Coulter Family.
- Documenting Cushman www
Documenting the ancestry and general interests of Janice and Brien Cushman. Cushman. Surnames include Andrews, Booth, Brayford, Burrell, Edge, Groves, Houghton, Johnson, Malthouse, Osgood, Avery, Biggs, Crabb, Harrington, Houtz, Rofe, Strang and Wright. Cushman.
- Resources Clan MacNeil in Canada www
Resources for the Clan, MacNeil in Canada, which is a non-profit member of CASSOC (Clans and Scottish Societies of Canada) and COSCA (Council of Scottish Clan Associations). Clan MacNeil in Canada.
- Information Dufour Families Association of America www
Information about settlers in Canada and U. Families Association of America.S. named Dufour. Includes information about the group's newsletter, book publications and membership. [English/French] Dufour Families Association of America.
- Alexa: Surnames Genealogy
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Surnames Genealogy
- DMOZ: Surnames Genealogy
dmoz.org Directory: Surnames Genealogy