Sites describing, explaining, forecasting, exploring, or suggesting amelioration for possible future catastrophes -- generally planetary in scale. These may be geophysical, astronomical, environmental, economic, political, technological, or spiritual in nature. Catastrophes Future Society.
Developing countries suffer the greatest costs when a disaster hits – more than 95 percent of all deaths caused by hazards occur in developing countries, and losses due to natural hazards are 20 times greater (as a percentage of GDP ) in developing countries than in industrialized countries. (wikipedia)
- Catastrophe (2015 TV series) A British sitcom first broadcast on 19 January 2015 on Channel 4.
- Toba catastrophe hypothesis A supervolcanic eruption that occurred about 75,000 years ago at the site of present-day Lake Toba.
- Malthusian catastrophe A prediction of a forced return to subsistence-level conditions once population growth has...
- Disaster A serious disruption, occurring over a relatively short time, of the functioning of a community...
- Catastrophe (book) A 2009 book co-written by American political commentator Dick Morris and his wife Eileen McGann...
- Catastrophe theory A branch of bifurcation theory in the study of dynamical systems; it is also a particular special...
- Catastrophisation A representation of something in an excessive manner.
- This Possible Future Global Catastrophes www
This survey considers earthquake, Future Global Catastrophes, pandemic, alien aggression, interplanetary impact, supernova, ice age, nuclear catastrophe, bioterror, and nanotech robot aggression. Possible Future Global Catastrophes.
- A Let's Save the Future www
A critical situation, Save the Future, arising due to a rapid development of the natural sciences, creation of powerful means of destruction and the use of ancient, military methods of resolving conflicts, is considered. Let's Save the Future.
- Notes, Armageddon Online www
Notes, Online, news and links on destructive forces of the universe from volcanoes, tsunamis, plagues and nuclear weapons on Earth to stars collapsing and exploding into hypernovae across the galaxy. Armageddon Online.
- A Exit Mundi www
A variety of apocalypses: meteors, Mundi, black holes, technological disasters, weird physical phenomena, religious writings, robots, and aliens. Exit Mundi.
- Virtual WWW Bomb Shelter www
Virtual "bomb shelter, Bomb Shelter," based on instructions from Soviet Union Cold-War-era pamphlets, offers information on preparing for nuclear attacks, as well as histories and descriptions of various nuclear weapons. WWW Bomb Shelter.
- The Tsunami Project www
The powerful earthquake and tsunami that hit Asia on December 26, Project, 2004 was not the last in the masterminded sequence. The location of the next, and the final one is known. What we are still looking for, is only the date of this event. Tsunami Project.
- From Challenges of Nanotechnology Misuse Cited in Leslie's 'The End of the World' www
From the Foresight Institute (which specialises in nanotechnology). Challenges of Nanotechnology Misuse Cited in Leslie's 'The End of the World'.
- Hurricanes, Epic Disasters www
Hurricanes, Disasters, earthquakes, floods, eruptions, tornadoes, disease and mining. Epic Disasters.
- Official Disaster City www
Official reports, City, news articles, and photos of manmade disasters, including airline crashes and military mishaps. Disaster City.
- The The Universal Extinction Constant www
The site author, Universal Extinction Constant, Alan J Bessant, introduces his thesis and promotes understanding of the Universal Extinction Constant and Extinction Threat Level. The Universal Extinction Constant.
- Subtitled Beyond the Holocaust - Survival or Extinction? www
Subtitled "A survival manual for humanity", the Holocaust - Survival or Extinction?, this online book attempts to summarise problems threatening humanity's very survival, their causes and possible solutions to them. Beyond the Holocaust - Survival or Extinction?.
- Describes Impact www
Describes the threat posed by a comet or asteroid impact and provides disaster preparedness planning for such an event. Impact.
- Home Cambridge Conference Correspondence www
Home page and archives of forum discussing geological, Conference Correspondence, historical, and potential near-earth-object (NEO) impacts, NEO research and risk assessment, and social policies and social change to ameliorate impact effects. Cambridge Conference Correspondence.
- Work Publications of Alan Robock on Nuclear Winter www
Work addressed the problem of nuclear winter, Alan Robock on Nuclear Winter, the climatic effects of nuclear war, and demonstrating long-term (several year) effects with a computer model. Publications of Alan Robock on Nuclear Winter.
- An Ridding the World of Nuclear Weapons www
An editorial from the Bulletin for the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons with several suggestions on achieving a successful and bona-fide abolition. Ridding the World of Nuclear Weapons.
- BTexact Timeline tracks possible future of technology www
BTexact Technologies offers a white paper. Timeline tracks possible future of technology.
- A The Future of Humanity www
A set of articles from Principia Cybernetica Project Web dealing with approaches to making predictions about the future of evolution. The Future of Humanity.
- It Horizon - Supervolcanoes www
It is little known that lying underneath one of America's areas of outstanding natural beauty - Yellowstone Park - is one of the largest supervolcanoes in the world. Supervolcanoes. The impact of a Yellowstone eruption is terrifying to comprehend - huge areas of the USA would be destroyed, the US economy would probably collapse, and thousands might die. Horizon - Supervolcanoes.
- The Supervolcanoes could trigger global freeze [BBC News] www
The threat of climate change caused by human activity could turn out to be a minor problem by comparison with a scarcely acknowledged natural hazard. could trigger global freeze [BBC News]. Geologists say there is a real risk that sooner or later a supervolcano will erupt with devastating force, sending temperatures plunging on a hemispheric or even global scale. A report by the BBC Two programme Horizon on one supervolcano, at Yellowstone national park in the US, says it is overdue for an eruption. Supervolcanoes could trigger global freeze [BBC News].
- About Internet Brothers: Future Shock www
About high technology change and expectations. Brothers: Future Shock. Marvel at future communications and lament the electronic dinosaurs. Internet Brothers: Future Shock.
- Futuristic The Future is Yours www
Futuristic site on global ethics, Future is Yours, Earth Charter, the future of science and religion, the purpose of life. The Future is Yours.
- Alexa: Catastrophes Future
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Catastrophes Future
- DMOZ: Catastrophes Future
dmoz.org Directory: Catastrophes Future