Sites describing, explaining, forecasting, exploring, or suggesting amelioration for possible future catastrophes -- generally planetary in scale. These may be geophysical, astronomical, environmental, economic, political, technological, or spiritual in nature. Catastrophes Future Society.
Developing countries suffer the greatest costs when a disaster hits – more than 95 percent of all deaths caused by hazards occur in developing countries, and losses due to natural hazards are 20 times greater (as a percentage of GDP ) in developing countries than in industrialized countries. (wikipedia)
- Catastrophe (2015 TV series) A British sitcom first broadcast on 19 January 2015 on Channel 4.
- Toba catastrophe hypothesis A supervolcanic eruption that occurred about 75,000 years ago at the site of present-day Lake Toba.
- Malthusian catastrophe A prediction of a forced return to subsistence-level conditions once population growth has...
- Disaster A serious disruption, occurring over a relatively short time, of the functioning of a community...
- Catastrophe (book) A 2009 book co-written by American political commentator Dick Morris and his wife Eileen McGann...
- Catastrophe theory A branch of bifurcation theory in the study of dynamical systems; it is also a particular special...
- Catastrophisation A representation of something in an excessive manner.
- A Let's Save the Future www
A critical situation, Save the Future, arising due to a rapid development of the natural sciences, creation of powerful means of destruction and the use of ancient, military methods of resolving conflicts, is considered. Let's Save the Future.
- The Tsunami Project www
The powerful earthquake and tsunami that hit Asia on December 26, Project, 2004 was not the last in the masterminded sequence. The location of the next, and the final one is known. What we are still looking for, is only the date of this event. Tsunami Project.
- Virtual WWW Bomb Shelter www
Virtual "bomb shelter, Bomb Shelter," based on instructions from Soviet Union Cold-War-era pamphlets, offers information on preparing for nuclear attacks, as well as histories and descriptions of various nuclear weapons. WWW Bomb Shelter.
- A Exit Mundi www
A variety of apocalypses: meteors, Mundi, black holes, technological disasters, weird physical phenomena, religious writings, robots, and aliens. Exit Mundi.
- Notes, Armageddon Online www
Notes, Online, news and links on destructive forces of the universe from volcanoes, tsunamis, plagues and nuclear weapons on Earth to stars collapsing and exploding into hypernovae across the galaxy. Armageddon Online.
- This Possible Future Global Catastrophes www
This survey considers earthquake, Future Global Catastrophes, pandemic, alien aggression, interplanetary impact, supernova, ice age, nuclear catastrophe, bioterror, and nanotech robot aggression. Possible Future Global Catastrophes.
- From Challenges of Nanotechnology Misuse Cited in Leslie's 'The End of the World' www
From the Foresight Institute (which specialises in nanotechnology). Challenges of Nanotechnology Misuse Cited in Leslie's 'The End of the World'.
- Official Disaster City www
Official reports, City, news articles, and photos of manmade disasters, including airline crashes and military mishaps. Disaster City.
- Hurricanes, Epic Disasters www
Hurricanes, Disasters, earthquakes, floods, eruptions, tornadoes, disease and mining. Epic Disasters.
- The The Universal Extinction Constant www
The site author, Universal Extinction Constant, Alan J Bessant, introduces his thesis and promotes understanding of the Universal Extinction Constant and Extinction Threat Level. The Universal Extinction Constant.
- by Book: The End of the World - The Science and Ethics of Human Extinction www
by Prof. The End of the World - The Science and Ethics of Human Extinction. John Leslie. The first comprehensive survey of potential catastrophes speculated upon by scientists, from comet and asteroid impacts to nuclear or chemical warfare, from ozone layer destruction to overpopulation and poisoning of the environment or the risk of disaster through genetic engineering. Also covers philosophy and ethics. 1996 Book: The End of the World - The Science and Ethics of Human Extinction.
- New MSNBC - Adding Up the Risks of Cosmic Impact www
New research indicates that in the short term, Adding Up the Risks of Cosmic Impact, the threat is more from smaller space objects. MSNBC - Adding Up the Risks of Cosmic Impact.
- Home Cambridge Conference Correspondence www
Home page and archives of forum discussing geological, Conference Correspondence, historical, and potential near-earth-object (NEO) impacts, NEO research and risk assessment, and social policies and social change to ameliorate impact effects. Cambridge Conference Correspondence.
- An Ridding the World of Nuclear Weapons www
An editorial from the Bulletin for the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons with several suggestions on achieving a successful and bona-fide abolition. Ridding the World of Nuclear Weapons.
- Work Publications of Alan Robock on Nuclear Winter www
Work addressed the problem of nuclear winter, Alan Robock on Nuclear Winter, the climatic effects of nuclear war, and demonstrating long-term (several year) effects with a computer model. Publications of Alan Robock on Nuclear Winter.
- Chronological The Millennium Calendar www
Chronological schedule of predicted and actual events linked to millennial prophecies, Millennium Calendar, including NASA space launches. Runs from Rapture expected in 1998 to end of the world in 3797. The Millennium Calendar.
- User-supported 21st century - Wikipedia www
User-supported 21st century timeline plus predictions for the future. 21st century - Wikipedia.
- It Horizon - Supervolcanoes www
It is little known that lying underneath one of America's areas of outstanding natural beauty - Yellowstone Park - is one of the largest supervolcanoes in the world. Supervolcanoes. The impact of a Yellowstone eruption is terrifying to comprehend - huge areas of the USA would be destroyed, the US economy would probably collapse, and thousands might die. Horizon - Supervolcanoes.
- The Supervolcanoes could trigger global freeze [BBC News] www
The threat of climate change caused by human activity could turn out to be a minor problem by comparison with a scarcely acknowledged natural hazard. could trigger global freeze [BBC News]. Geologists say there is a real risk that sooner or later a supervolcano will erupt with devastating force, sending temperatures plunging on a hemispheric or even global scale. A report by the BBC Two programme Horizon on one supervolcano, at Yellowstone national park in the US, says it is overdue for an eruption. Supervolcanoes could trigger global freeze [BBC News].
- About Internet Brothers: Future Shock www
About high technology change and expectations. Brothers: Future Shock. Marvel at future communications and lament the electronic dinosaurs. Internet Brothers: Future Shock.
- Futuristic The Future is Yours www
Futuristic site on global ethics, Future is Yours, Earth Charter, the future of science and religion, the purpose of life. The Future is Yours.
- Alexa: Catastrophes Future
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Catastrophes Future
- DMOZ: Catastrophes Future
dmoz.org Directory: Catastrophes Future