The traditional beliefs, legends, customs, proverbs, riddles, music, dance, stories, and other lore of various cultures which were passed down orally from person to person through the ages. Folklore Society.
Folklore is traditional art, literature, knowledge, and practices that are passed on in large part through oral communication and example. (wikipedia)
- Folklore Folklore is traditional art, literature, knowledge, and practices that are passed on in large...
- Folklore (video game) An action role-playing video game developed by Game Republic and published by Sony Computer...
- Folklore (Nelly Furtado album) The second studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Nelly Furtado.
- Folklore (journal) The Folklore Society was founded in London, England in 1878 to study traditional vernacular...
- Folklore (horse) A retired American Thoroughbred racing filly.
- Folklore (16 Horsepower album) The 4th studio album by 16 Horsepower, released in 2002.
- Mathematical folklore The body of theorems, definitions, proofs, or mathematical facts or techniques that circulate...
- Encyclopedic Lucky W Amulet Archive www
Encyclopedic resource describing and illustrating folkloric talismans and lucky charms from around the world, Amulet Archive, including horseshoe, swastika, four-leaf clover, rabbit foot, raccoon penis bone, hamsa hand, John the Conqueror root, scarab beetle, and black cat bone. Lucky W Amulet Archive.
- Wolfgang Archer Taylor www
Wolfgang Mieder's biographical sketch of the University of California Professor of Folklore Archer Taylor, Taylor, and his work as a paremiologist - collector of proverbs. Archer Taylor.
- E-text Folk Beliefs in Modern Japan www
E-text of the book edited by Inoue Nobutaka, Beliefs in Modern Japan, Institute for Japanese Culture and Classics, Kokugakuin University. Folk Beliefs in Modern Japan.
- Myths, The Folklore of the Isle of Man www
Myths, Folklore of the Isle of Man, legends, superstitions, customs and proverbs, by A. W. Moore (1891), e-text from a Manx Note Book. The Folklore of the Isle of Man.
- Journal Pro Ethnologia www
Journal of the Estonian National Museum, Ethnologia, publishing short articles on ethnographical issues. Content in Estonian and English. Pro Ethnologia.
- A Superstitions Around the World www
A compilation of superstitions and taboos around from variety of cultures. Superstitions Around the World.
- English-language Folklore: an Online Electronic Journal www
English-language archives of an informative Baltic Folklore journal published by the Folk Belief and Media Group of the Estonian Literary Museum. Online Electronic Journal. Material about Estonian shamanism, urban legends, ethnomusicology, popular calendar data, and general folk belief. Folklore: an Online Electronic Journal.
- A Journal of Folklore Research www
A peer-reviewed publication of the Folklore Institute at Indiana University, Folklore Research, established in 1965. Journal of Folklore Research.
- Article Paganism in British Folk Customs by Bob Trubshaw www
Article that contrasts the true remains of Pagan origins in the folk customs of England with those customs created or exaggerated through "paganisation" by Victorian romantic authors. Paganism in British Folk Customs by Bob Trubshaw.
- Folklore D. L. Ashliman www
Folklore researcher, Ashliman, providing extensive resources on Germanic myths, legends and sagas, and Indo-European folk and fairy tales. D. L. Ashliman.
- Collected Visions and Beliefs in the West of Ireland www
Collected and arranged by Lady Augusta Gregory (1920), and Beliefs in the West of Ireland, e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive. Visions and Beliefs in the West of Ireland.
- Definitions New York Folklore Society www
Definitions of folklore and the related terms folklife and folk arts. New York Folklore Society.
- Focuses Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage www
Focuses on contemporary grassroots cultures. Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage. Festival information, recordings, events, and resources. Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage.
- Essays Basque Folklore www
Essays and links. Basque Folklore.
- Created American Folklife Center, Library of Congress www
Created by Congress in 1976 "to preserve and present American Folklife, Folklife Center, Library of Congress," the Center incorporates the Archive of Folk Culture, established at the Library in 1928 as a repository for American Folk Music. American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
- Hosts Archives of Folklore Discussion List www
Hosts a complete month-by-month record of all the posts made to the discussion-list, Folklore Discussion List, from 1990 to the present. Archives of Folklore Discussion List.
- A British Columbia Folklore Society www
A definition and explanation of folklore, Columbia Folklore Society, with examples. British Columbia Folklore Society.
- Article At the Edge: The Cosmic Mill www
Article by Alby Stone discussing the hand-mill as an image of the cosmos. At the Edge: The Cosmic Mill.
- A Jewish Folklore in Israel www
A history of the development of academic Folklore studies in Israel with additional links to many other sites, Folklore in Israel, both Jewish and Folkloric. Jewish Folklore in Israel.
- Undergraduate Center for Folklore and Ethnography, University of Pennsylvania www
Undergraduate and graduate programs in folklore and folklife. for Folklore and Ethnography, University of Pennsylvania. Events announcements and links. Center for Folklore and Ethnography, University of Pennsylvania.
- Death Death: Burial Customs and Beliefs www
Death customs and beliefs in various regions and countries of the world. Death: Burial Customs and Beliefs.
- Funerary Funeral Customs of the Northern Khants www
Funerary practices of a West Siberian tribe in the last quarter of the 20th century. Funeral Customs of the Northern Khants.
- An The Museum of Myth and Fable www
An education programme based on storytelling in The Morgan Library, Museum of Myth and Fable, Wem, Shropshire. Contact and event details. The Museum of Myth and Fable.
- Article At the Edge Archive: Turf Labyrinths www
Article by Marilyn Clark describing Britain's eight remaining turf labyrinths and two former ones, the Edge Archive: Turf Labyrinths, with pictures. At the Edge Archive: Turf Labyrinths.
- Stories Mysteries of Canada www
Stories of mysterious Canadian history, Canada, geography, myths, and legends. Features searchable story index, investigator profiles, researcher tips, and links of interest. Mysteries of Canada.
- Extensive The Gold Scales www
Extensive collection of traditional and modern wisdom, Gold Scales, tales and lore (in Norwegian and English). The Gold Scales.
- Information Dragon Spells www
Information on spell workings and how magic works. Dragon Spells.
- Legends Maneki Neko - The Beckoning Cat www
Legends of the Japanese lucky cat and why statues of it are used by shop-keepers to draw in customers. Maneki Neko - The Beckoning Cat.
- Non-profit Virginia Folklore Society www
Non-profit organization founded in 1913 and dedicated to the discovery, Folklore Society, collection, publication, and preservation of folklore and traditional culture in Virginia and to furthering the understanding, appreciation, and performance of traditional arts and crafts of the State. Virginia Folklore Society.
- Founded California Folklore Society www
Founded in 1941, Folklore Society, the Society supports the study of all aspects of regional, national, and international folklore. Anyone interested in folklore and folklife may join. California Folklore Society.
- Alexa: Folklore Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Folklore Society
- DMOZ: Folklore Society
dmoz.org Directory: Folklore Society