The traditional beliefs, legends, customs, proverbs, riddles, music, dance, stories, and other lore of various cultures which were passed down orally from person to person through the ages. Folklore Society.
Folklore is traditional art, literature, knowledge, and practices that are passed on in large part through oral communication and example. (wikipedia)
- Folklore Folklore is traditional art, literature, knowledge, and practices that are passed on in large...
- Folklore (video game) An action role-playing video game developed by Game Republic and published by Sony Computer...
- Folklore (Nelly Furtado album) The second studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Nelly Furtado.
- Folklore (journal) The Folklore Society was founded in London, England in 1878 to study traditional vernacular...
- Folklore (horse) A retired American Thoroughbred racing filly.
- Folklore (16 Horsepower album) The 4th studio album by 16 Horsepower, released in 2002.
- Mathematical folklore The body of theorems, definitions, proofs, or mathematical facts or techniques that circulate...
- The Encyclopedia Mythica www
On-line encyclopedia on mythology, Encyclopedia Mythica, folklore, and legend, containing definitions of deities, fabulous creatures and places, as well as images and stories.
- E-text Folk Beliefs in Modern Japan www
E-text of the book edited by Inoue Nobutaka, Beliefs in Modern Japan, Institute for Japanese Culture and Classics, Kokugakuin University. Folk Beliefs in Modern Japan.
- Wolfgang Archer Taylor www
Wolfgang Mieder's biographical sketch of the University of California Professor of Folklore Archer Taylor, Taylor, and his work as a paremiologist - collector of proverbs. Archer Taylor.
- A Superstitions Around the World www
A compilation of superstitions and taboos around from variety of cultures. Superstitions Around the World.
- Article Paganism in British Folk Customs by Bob Trubshaw www
Article that contrasts the true remains of Pagan origins in the folk customs of England with those customs created or exaggerated through "paganisation" by Victorian romantic authors. Paganism in British Folk Customs by Bob Trubshaw.
- Focuses Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage www
Focuses on contemporary grassroots cultures. Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage. Festival information, recordings, events, and resources. Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage.
- Hosts Archives of Folklore Discussion List www
Hosts a complete month-by-month record of all the posts made to the discussion-list, Folklore Discussion List, from 1990 to the present. Archives of Folklore Discussion List.
- Collected Visions and Beliefs in the West of Ireland www
Collected and arranged by Lady Augusta Gregory (1920), and Beliefs in the West of Ireland, e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive. Visions and Beliefs in the West of Ireland.
- Myths, The Folklore of the Isle of Man www
Myths, Folklore of the Isle of Man, legends, superstitions, customs and proverbs, by A. W. Moore (1891), e-text from a Manx Note Book. The Folklore of the Isle of Man.
- Definitions New York Folklore Society www
Definitions of folklore and the related terms folklife and folk arts. New York Folklore Society.
- Folklore D. L. Ashliman www
Folklore researcher, Ashliman, providing extensive resources on Germanic myths, legends and sagas, and Indo-European folk and fairy tales. D. L. Ashliman.
- Article At the Edge: The Cosmic Mill www
Article by Alby Stone discussing the hand-mill as an image of the cosmos. At the Edge: The Cosmic Mill.
- A Journal of Folklore Research www
A peer-reviewed publication of the Folklore Institute at Indiana University, Folklore Research, established in 1965. Journal of Folklore Research.
- Created American Folklife Center, Library of Congress www
Created by Congress in 1976 "to preserve and present American Folklife, Folklife Center, Library of Congress," the Center incorporates the Archive of Folk Culture, established at the Library in 1928 as a repository for American Folk Music. American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
- Encyclopedic Lucky W Amulet Archive www
Encyclopedic resource describing and illustrating folkloric talismans and lucky charms from around the world, Amulet Archive, including horseshoe, swastika, four-leaf clover, rabbit foot, raccoon penis bone, hamsa hand, John the Conqueror root, scarab beetle, and black cat bone. Lucky W Amulet Archive.
- Journal Pro Ethnologia www
Journal of the Estonian National Museum, Ethnologia, publishing short articles on ethnographical issues. Content in Estonian and English. Pro Ethnologia.
- English-language Folklore: an Online Electronic Journal www
English-language archives of an informative Baltic Folklore journal published by the Folk Belief and Media Group of the Estonian Literary Museum. Online Electronic Journal. Material about Estonian shamanism, urban legends, ethnomusicology, popular calendar data, and general folk belief. Folklore: an Online Electronic Journal.
- A British Columbia Folklore Society www
A definition and explanation of folklore, Columbia Folklore Society, with examples. British Columbia Folklore Society.
- Essays Basque Folklore www
Essays and links. Basque Folklore.
- The Indiana University Folklore Collection www
The Indiana University Bloomington Libraries Folklore and Ethnomusicology Collection home page contains general Folklore references, University Folklore Collection, a list of links to other sites, and a description of the Collection. Indiana University Folklore Collection.
- A Cultural Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Forum on Folklore and Popular Culture www
A peer-reviewed internet and hadcopy journal dedicated to investigating expressive and everyday culture; based at the University of California, Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Forum on Folklore and Popular Culture, but global in scope. Cultural Analysis: An Interdisciplinary Forum on Folklore and Popular Culture.
- Very Death and Afterwards www
Very interesting account of a Greek Catholic Baltic Finnic people's beliefs in death, and Afterwards, omens of death and the afterlife. Death and Afterwards.
- Describes Funeral Customs in Yunnan Province, China www
Describes funerary practices in a Chinese village. Funeral Customs in Yunnan Province, China.
- Examines The Folklore of the British Isles www
Examines the folklore, Folklore of the British Isles, tales and supernatural creatures of England, Scotland and Wales. From Mysterious Britain. The Folklore of the British Isles.
- Collection Changeling Legends from the British Isles www
Collection of this type of legends, Legends from the British Isles, with source data provided. Changeling Legends from the British Isles.
- Stories Mysteries of Canada www
Stories of mysterious Canadian history, Canada, geography, myths, and legends. Features searchable story index, investigator profiles, researcher tips, and links of interest. Mysteries of Canada.
- Legends Maneki Neko - The Beckoning Cat www
Legends of the Japanese lucky cat and why statues of it are used by shop-keepers to draw in customers. Maneki Neko - The Beckoning Cat.
- A The Arcane Archive www
A cache of usenet and other text files pertaining to occult, Arcane Archive, mystical, and spiritual subjects. The Arcane Archive.
- Non-profit Spokane Folklore Society - Washington www
Non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to the celebration of Folk Arts, Folklore Society - Washington, particularly music and dance. Spokane Folklore Society - Washington.
- Dedicated Victorian Folklife Association www
Dedicated to the protection and promotion of the cultural heritage of the people of Victoria, Folklife Association, Australia, of those informal, unofficial aspects of our heritage which are folklife. Victorian Folklife Association.
- Alexa: Folklore Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Folklore Society
- DMOZ: Folklore Society
dmoz.org Directory: Folklore Society