This section covers the ethnic groups which originate in the Caribbean, and North, Central, and South America. The Americas Ethnicity Society.
The Americas, also collectively called America, encompass the totality of the continents of North America and South America. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Americas comprise the totality of the continents of North and South America. Together, they make up most of the land in Earth's western hemisphere and comprise the New World.
- Americas Category
- Amerrique Mountains - The Amerrisque Mountains are the central spine of Nicaragua and part of the Central American Range which extends throughout central Nicaragua for about 700 km from Honduras in the NW to Costa Rica in the SW, just a few miles from the Caribbean.
- British North America - The term "British North America" refers to the former territories of the British Empire in mainland North America. The term was first used informally in 1783, but it was uncommon before the Report on the Affairs of British North America, called the Durham Report.
- Columbia (name) - "Columbia" is a historical name used by both Europeans and Americans to describe the Americas, the New World, and often, more specifically, the United States of America.
- Conquistadors - Conquistadors is a term used to refer to the soldiers and explorers of the Spanish Empire or the Portuguese Empire in a general sense. During the Age of Discovery, conquistadors sailed beyond Europe to the Americas, Oceania, Africa and Asia, conquering territory and opening trade routes.
- Ethnic groups in Central America
- French America - French America is the French-speaking community of people and their diaspora, notably those tracing back origins to New France, the early French colonization of the Americas. The Canadian province of Quebec is the centre of the community and is the point of origin of most of French America.
- Information I'm a Cajun www
Information on the Cajun culture in general as well as weather, Cajun, movie listings and free imacajun.com email. I'm a Cajun.
- Complete French Creoles of America www
Complete history of Louisiana's indigenous Creoles, Creoles of America, Indians, Africans and Cajuns. Explore the cultural heritage and genealogy of these people. Along with guestbook and viewer's comments. French Creoles of America.
- FAQs The Amish and the Plain People www
FAQs about the Amish of the Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Amish and the Plain People. Aimed at tourists. The Amish and the Plain People.
- Museum The Illinois Amish Interpretive Center www
Museum dedicated to the Amish culture, Illinois Amish Interpretive Center, tracing their history, and explaining their culture. The Illinois Amish Interpretive Center.
- A The Encyclopedia of Cajun Culture www
A site dedicated to educating the public about Cajun culture and history. The Encyclopedia of Cajun Culture.
- Heritage Digital Archives of the Argyle District Acadians www
Heritage of an Acadian community in Nova Scotia whose roots go back to 1653. Archives of the Argyle District Acadians. Includes traditional songs, folklore, language, original grants and letters from the earliest settlers. Digital Archives of the Argyle District Acadians.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Indigenous peoples of the Americas www
Encyclopedia article on the peoples' history, Indigenous peoples of the Americas, culture and political situation and links to more specific articles. Wikipedia: Indigenous peoples of the Americas.
- Information Native American Nations of Central America www
Information and photographs about Central American Indian tribes. Native American Nations of Central America.
- The Wayfaring Stranger www
The Black Dutch, Stranger, German Gypsies, or Chicanere, and their relation to the Melungeons, by Linda D. Griggs. Wayfaring Stranger.
- Shirley Black Dutch and Irish, Melungeons, Moravians, Pennsylvania Dutch www
Shirley Hornbeck's genealogy tips on the Black Dutch, Dutch and Irish, Melungeons, Moravians, Pennsylvania Dutch, how the term has been used, for Melungeons and other groups. Black Dutch and Irish, Melungeons, Moravians, Pennsylvania Dutch.
- A Ethnic group - Wikipedia www
A general overview of what the term Ethnicity means. Ethnic group - Wikipedia.
- Database World Cultures www
Database of statistics and indexed links about more than 8000 cultural communities worldwide. World Cultures.
- Alexa: The Americas Ethnicity
Alexa Directory Top Sites: The Americas Ethnicity
- DMOZ: The Americas Ethnicity
dmoz.org Directory: The Americas Ethnicity