The Sami (Saami or Sámi), previously known as Lapps, are the native and indigenous population of the northern part of the Scandinavian peninsula. They inhabit the Arctic and subarctic areas of Norway, Sweden, Finland and western Russia. Their languages belong to the Finno-Ugric languages. Sami Ethnicity Society.
- Sami people A Finno-Ugric people inhabiting S pmi, which today encompasses large parts of Norway and Sweden...
- Sami languages A group of Uralic languages spoken by the Sami people in Northern Europe.
- Saamy A 2003 Indian Tamil action film written and directed by Hari.
- Sami, Burkina Faso A village in the Sami Department of Banwa Province in western Burkina Faso.
- Sami cuisine The cuisine of peoples from the S pmi territory of the Sami people, which spans Norway, Sweden...
- SAMI A Microsoft accessibility initiative released in 1998.
- Karuppu Sami Karuppu Sami is one of the regional Tamil male deities popular among the rural social groups of...
- A Somby, Ande - Cyberilbmi www
A joik performer of the Sami or Laplander people, Ande - Cyberilbmi, Somby also is a designer and photographer, and he is associate professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Tromsø. Somby, Ande - Cyberilbmi.
- From The Kola Sami in Russia www
From the Red Book of the Peoples of the Russian Empire. Kola Sami in Russia. "The authors of the present book, who come from a country (Estonia) which has shared the fate of nations in the Russian and Soviet empires, endeavour to publicize the plight of the small nations whose very existence is threatened as a result of recent history. Perhaps it is not too late to give a supporting hand to them without an attempt at either ideological brainwashing or economic exploitation." (Introduction). The Kola Sami in Russia.
- Fact Saami University College www
Fact sheet about the college established in Guovdageaidnu (Kautokeino) in 1989 to cover the needs of higher education and research of the Sami society, University College, and to strengthen Sami professional qualifications in various fields. The college has a responsibility for Sami higher education in general, and especially for teacher training. Saami University College.
- Information Samis : Location and Population www
Information from the Endangered Uralic Peoples site. Samis : Location and Population.
- Protest Protest against the exploitation of Sami culture www
Protest page against exploitation of the native culture in Rovaniemi, against the exploitation of Sami culture, Finland. Examples with illustrations. Protest against the exploitation of Sami culture.
- Northern Northern Lavvu - Makers of Sami tents www
Northern Lavvu: offering traditional Sami tents for fellow Sami and friends. Lavvu - Makers of Sami tents. Minneapolis-based small-scale manufacturer. Site contains excellent introduction to the Sami tent with illustrations from classical literature. Northern Lavvu - Makers of Sami tents.
- Presentation An Introduction to the Sami People www
Presentation and description of the indigenous population of the Scandinavian peninsula. Introduction to the Sami People. Covers history, language, culture, art, music, politics and the role of reindeer in Sami culture. An Introduction to the Sami People.
- Factual The Sami of Norway www
Factual information published by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Sami of Norway. Written by Elina Helander. The Sami of Norway.
- A Aboriginal Links International www
A directory of sites related to indigenous people around the world. Aboriginal Links International.
- Web TribalTek.org www
Web portal of information on indigenous people, TribalTek.org, lifeskills, and art worldwide. Also with sections on sovereignty, neotribalism, and historical reenactment. TribalTek.org.
- Contains Crossing Cultures www
Contains personal stories of cultural experiences, Cultures, essays, poems, artwork and photos. Crossing Cultures.
- Database World Cultures www
Database of statistics and indexed links about more than 8000 cultural communities worldwide. World Cultures.
- Alexa: Sami Ethnicity
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Sami Ethnicity
- DMOZ: Sami Ethnicity
dmoz.org Directory: Sami Ethnicity