The Hispanic and Latino section focuses on American Latinos, including, but not limited to, Mexican-Americans-Chicanos, Puerto Ricans, Cuban-Americans, and Central and South Americans living in the United States. Hispanic and Latino Ethnicity Society.
Origin can be viewed as the ancestry, nationality group, lineage, or country of birth of the person or the person's parents or ancestors before their arrival in the United States. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Hispanic Americans and Latino Americans are people in the United States who are descendants of people from countries of Latin America and Spain. The United States has the largest population of Latinos and Hispanics outside of Latin America. More generally, it includes all persons in the United States who self-identify as Hispanic or Latino, whether of full or partial ancestry. For the 2010 United States Census, people counted as "Hispanic" or "Latino" were those who identified as one of the specific Hispanic or Latino categories listed on the census questionnaire as well as those who indicated that they were "other Spanish, Hispanic, or Latino." The national origins classified as Hispanic or Latino by the United States Census Bureau are the following: Argentine, Cuban, Colombian, Puerto Rican, Spaniards, Dominican, Mexican, Costa Rican, Guatemalan, Honduran, Nicaraguan, Panamanian, Salvadoran, Bolivian, Spanish, Chilean, Ecuadorian, Paraguayan, Peruvian, Uruguayan and Venezuelan.
- Hispanic and Latino Americans in California - Hispanic and Latino Californians are residents of the state of California who are of Hispanic or Latino ancestry. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Hispanics and Latinos of any race were 38.1% of the state's population.
- Hispanic and Latino Americans in Arizona - Hispanic and Latino Arizonians are residents of the state of Arizona who are of Hispanic or Latino ancestry. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Hispanics and Latinos of any race were 30.2% of the state's population.
- Hispanic and Latino Americans in New Mexico - Hispanic and Latino New Mexicans are residents of the state of New Mexico who are of Hispanic or Latino ancestry. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Hispanics and Latinos of any race were 47% of the state's population.
- Hispanic and Latino Americans in Texas - Hispanic and Latino Texans are residents of the state of Texas who are of Hispanic or Latino ancestry. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Hispanics and Latinos of any race were 38.2% of the state's population. 39.6% of Texans are of Mexican descent, accounting for 88% of Hispanics in Texas.
- Hispanic and Latino Americans in Nevada - Hispanic and Latino Nevadans are residents of the state of Nevada who are of Hispanic or Latino ancestry. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Hispanics and Latinos of any race were 27.3% of the state's population.
- Hispanic and Latino Americans in Florida - Hispanic and Latino Floridians are residents of the state of Florida who are of Hispanic or Latino ancestry. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Hispanics and Latinos of any race were 23.2% of the state's population. Hispanics in Florida accounted for 4.3 million of the U.S. Hispanic population.
- Hispanic and Latino American
- Resource Chicano/Latino Net www
Resource center from the University of California on Chicano and Latino issues, Net, including online library, virtual museum, research center, community calendar, and employment information. Chicano/Latino Net.
- Non-profit National Alliance for Hispanic Health www
Non-profit organization focuses on improving the health and well-being of Hispanics. Alliance for Hispanic Health. Includes information on programs and health resources. National Alliance for Hispanic Health.
- Information Azteca Web Page www
Information for Mexicans, Web Page, Chicanos, and/or Mexican-Americans, from Los Angeles, CA. Azteca Web Page.
- Include Smithsonian Institution Center for Latino Initiatives www
Include features promoting the history and culture of Latinos in the Americas. Smithsonian Institution Center for Latino Initiatives.
- Radio Latino USA www
Radio journal of Latino news and culture, USA, in English, which is distributed by National Public Radio. Latino USA.
- Hispanic Hispanic Vista www
Hispanic news and information service. Hispanic Vista.
- Photographs El Bohio Dominicano www
Photographs depicting the landscape, Bohio Dominicano, culture, and folklore of the Dominican Republic. El Bohio Dominicano.
- Cultural BrownPride Online www
Cultural site dedicated to Chicanos, Online, Mexicanos, and Latinos, with murals, history, lowriders, hip-hop, rock music, and literature. BrownPride Online.
- Library Hispanic Reading Room www
Library of Congress research center for the Caribbean, Reading Room, Latin America, and Iberia, and for the people throughout the world historically influenced by Luso-Hispanic heritage, including Latinos in the U.S. Hispanic Reading Room.
- Latino Tomás Rivera Policy Institute www
Latino think tank that is a free-standing, Rivera Policy Institute, non-profit, policy research organization. Tomás Rivera Policy Institute.
- Strategic Multicultural Institute www
Strategic programs to address priority needs in multicultural communities, Institute, including Familias Unidas, a program to improve communication between parents and their children. Multicultural Institute.
- Offers The Hispanic-American Village www
Offers cultural, Hispanic-American Village, career, and community resource for all Latinos, Chicanos, and Hispanic-Americans with free job search, news, and articles on family and lifestyles, art, culture, jobs, and organization partnerships. The Hispanic-American Village.
- Organization Dominican American National Roundtable www
Organization bringing together the different voices of Dominican-Americans living in the United States. Dominican American National Roundtable.
- An Mexican Retablos www
An internet resource for those interested in retablos, Retablos, santos, exvotos, milagros, Spanish colonial and folk art from Mexico and the Americas. Mexican Retablos.
- Chicana Making Face, Making Soul www
Chicana Feminist homepage, Face, Making Soul, with news, discussions, interviews, literature, and academic resources. Making Face, Making Soul.
- Bilingual Cuba - U.S. Relations www
Bilingual site with chronology of Cuba-U. U.S. Relations.S. relations, with links to historical documents as well as reviews of current events. Cuba - U.S. Relations.
- Web The Eugene A. Obregon / Congressional Medal of Honor Campaign www
The Eugene A. Obregon / Congressional Medal of Honor Campaign.
- Internet Latino Culture from About.com www
Internet resource guide focused on Latin American and U. Culture from About.com.S. Latino culture, news, food, art, music, politics, and traditions. Latino Culture from About.com.
- Directory U.S. Public Library Websites with Information in Spanish www
Directory of links to public libraries that maintain Spanish language webpages and resources covering Latino and Hispanic culture. U.S. Public Library Websites with Information in Spanish.
- Stanford Library Research on Chicano/Latino Studies www
Library Research on Chicano/Latino Studies.
- Directory Latin World www
Directory of Internet resources on Latin America and the Caribbean. Latin World.
- Latino-themed Sí TV www
Latino-themed cable network from Los Angeles, TV, CA, with programming in English. Sí TV.
- Miami Xavier Cortada Gallery www
Miami artist with works in different cultural venues, Cortada Gallery, including the Internet. Xavier Cortada Gallery.
- Quick U.S. Census Bureau Minority Links www
Quick and easy links to the latest data on racial and ethnic populations in the United States. U.S. Census Bureau Minority Links.
- Online Belgian-American Research Collection www
Online archive of photos, Research Collection, oral history recordings, and texts related to Belgians in America, particularly the Walloon-speaking Belgian communities of northeastern Wisconsin and their history. Belgian-American Research Collection.
- Initiative Unity Coalition www
Initiative offering leadership on issues that affect the community. Coalition. Includes bilingual news, achievements by year, and resource hotline. Unity Coalition.
- Bilingual Ambiente www
Bilingual publication offering articles and video clips. Ambiente.
- A Latin Business Association www
A nonprofit professional association dedicated to the success of Hispanic businesses worldwide. Latin Business Association.
- Organization New America Alliance www
Organization united to promote the economic advancement of the American Latino community, America Alliance, with a focus on economic and political empowerment and public advocacy. New America Alliance.
- Focuses Hispanic Today Online www
Focuses on the educational, Today Online, professional, and business issues that affect Latino communities. Hispanic Today Online.
- The La Voz de Aztlán www
The Voice of Aztlán, Voz de Aztlán, a magazine publishing news, analyses, and scholarly writings on La Raza. La Voz de Aztlán.
- Internet Mundo Latino www
Internet community with cultural, Latino, news, and chat links. Mundo Latino.
- For Cillastar's Latina Lounge www
For the urban Latina by an urban Latina. Latina Lounge. Chat, horoscopes, beauty tips, celebrity pictures, and news articles on Hispanics. Cillastar's Latina Lounge.
- Contains Crossing Cultures www
Contains personal stories of cultural experiences, Cultures, essays, poems, artwork and photos. Crossing Cultures.
- Provides U.S. Census Bureau: Minority Links www
Provides data on racial and ethnic populations in the United States. U.S. Census Bureau: Minority Links.
- Alexa: Hispanic and Latino Ethnicity
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Hispanic and Latino Ethnicity
- DMOZ: Hispanic and Latino Ethnicity
dmoz.org Directory: Hispanic and Latino Ethnicity