Ethnic groups which originate from the Middle East (also known as West Asia). Middle Eastern Asian Ethnicity Society.
Formerly, the Eurocentric synonym Near East (as opposed to Far East ) was commonly used. Arabs, Azeris, Kurds, Persians, Egyptians and Turks constitute the largest ethnic groups in the region by population, while Armenians, Assyrians, Circassians, Coptic Christians, Druze, Greeks, Jews, Maronites, Somalis, and other ethnic and ethno-religious groups form significant minorities. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Middle East is a transcontinental region centered on Western Asia, Turkey, and Egypt. The corresponding adjective is Middle Eastern and the derived noun is Middle Easterner. The term has come into wider usage as a replacement of the term Near East beginning in the early 20th century.
- Middle East Category
- Biomedical research in the Middle East - Biomedical Research and Development in the Middle East/GCC According to a report from Value Edge Research, the GCC region is underrepresented in global biomedical R&D. Of the 110 biomedical patents filed with the GCC Patents Office, only 3 are of GCC origin.
- Hilly Flanks - The Hilly Flanks is an area curving around the Tigris, Euphrates, and Jordan valleys in Western Asia. It was the location of one of the world's first civilizations, Mesopotamia, and was the origin of the idea of irrigation.
- Maayan (magazine) - Maayan is an Israeli magazine for poetry, literature, art, and ideas. Its first issue appeared in 2005 and was named for Maayan Strauss.
- MENA - MENA is an English-language acronym referring to the Middle East and North Africa region. The term covers an extensive region, extending from Morocco to Iran, including all Mashriq and Maghreb countries. This toponym is roughly synonymous with the term the Greater Middle East.
- Mental health in the Middle East - The study of mental health in the Middle East is an area of research that continues to grow in its scope and content. In 1998, the World Mental Health Survey Initiative was conducted by the World Federation for Mental Health.
- Middle East Studies Association of North America - Middle East Studies Association is a learned society, and according to its website, "a non-political association that fosters the study of the Middle East, promotes high standards of scholarship and teaching, and encourages public understanding of the region and its peoples through programs...
- Western Asia
- Geography of Western Asia
- Regions of Africa
- Regions of Asia
- Offers Aramaic Democratic Organization www
Offers history, Democratic Organization, picture gallery and political claims. Aramaic Democratic Organization.
- Aims Arab Gateway www
Aims to introduce non-Arabs to the Arabs and their culture. Gateway. Also features news, weather, and other information. Arab Gateway.
- Arabic Oghnia.com www
Arabic music on demand data base with video clips of top-10 charts and a music store. Oghnia.com.
- Dedicated The Syriac Maronites www
Dedicated to the teaching of the Syriac Aramaic language, Syriac Maronites, and Maronite traditions. Includes images of manuscript illuminations. The Syriac Maronites.
- religious Assyrian Holocaust www
religious persecution and ethnic genocide of Assyrians in the Middle East. Assyrian Holocaust.
- Discussion Jew www
Discussion of the difference between Jewish religion and ethnicity, Jew, with notes on the Jews' history, beliefs, and culture. Jew.
- Kurdish Kurdland www
Kurdish search engine and directory. Kurdland.
- Offers Flash Bulletin www
Offers news and reports about developments in Turkey, Bulletin, Iraq and the Middle East concerning the Kurdish question Flash Bulletin.
- Moderated Yahoo! Groups - World Pakhtun Foundation www
Moderated discussion forum with archives and links. Yahoo! Groups - World Pakhtun Foundation.
- Information Pakhtun www
Information about the origins, Pakhtun, history, culture and traditions of Pashtun/Pashtoon/Pathan people, known as Pakhtuns/Pukhtuns where they live in Afghanistan, Pakistan and parts of India and Iran. Pakhtun.
- A Moon and Stars Project www
A non-profit organization dedicated to highlighting the changing face of Turkish arts and culture and establishing a two-way cultural interaction between the United States and Turkey. Moon and Stars Project.
- Highlights Turkish Cultural Foundation www
Highlights some of the distinct characteristics and qualities of Turkish culture including architecture, Cultural Foundation, music, lifestyles, clothing, and food. Turkish Cultural Foundation.
- Alexa: Middle Eastern Asian
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Middle Eastern Asian
- DMOZ: Middle Eastern Asian
dmoz.org Directory: Middle Eastern Asian