African-British is the term used to define people of African ancestry and British nationality. African-British African Ethnicity Society.
Black British are British people of Black and African origins or heritage, including those of African-Caribbean (sometimes called "Afro-Caribbean") background, and may include people with mixed ancestry. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Black British are British citizens of Black origins or heritage, including those of African-Caribbean background, and may include people with mixed ancestry. The term has been used from the 1950s, mainly to refer to Black people from former British colonies in the West Indies and Africa, who are residents of the United Kingdom and who consider themselves British.
- Black and Asian Studies Association (BASA).
- Black Cultural Archives - Black Cultural Archives was founded in 1981, by educationalist and historian Len Garrison and others. BCA's mission is to record, preserve and celebrate the history of people of African descent in Britain.
- Ethnic groups in the United Kingdom - People from various ethnic groups reside in the United Kingdom. Intermittent migration from Northern Europe has been happening for millennia, with other groups such as British Jews also well established.
- British African-Caribbean community - British African Caribbean people are residents of the United Kingdom who are of West Indian background and whose ancestors were primarily natives or indigenous to Africa.
- British Black English - Multicultural London English is a sociolect of English that emerged in the late 20th century. It is spoken authentically by working-class, mainly young, people in London.
- Black people in Ireland - Black people have lived in Ireland in small numbers since the mid-16th century.
- Black British culture
- African diaspora in the United Kingdom
- Ethnic groups in the United Kingdom
- Black British history
- Black British people
- The The Image Of Black www
The images of Africans in European Art help to trace the journey of the African Diaspora from their homelands into Europe. Image Of Black. They are evidence of another hidden history, and seen together, they reflect the complexity of African representation. The Image Of Black.
- Analysis Blaqfair www
Analysis and comment on issues affecting African British people in Britain. Blaqfair. These include racial profiling, death in custody, discrimination in employment and education. Blaqfair.
- African-British Ligali www
African-British Investigative, Ligali, Monitoring, Equality and Complaints Board. Set up to challenge, identify and recommend workable solutions to any current social issue, that refuses to recognise the equal and inalienable rights of ALL members of the human family Ligali.
- Resource BlackNet www
Resource rich internet portal for the African British community providing online forum, BlackNet, chat rooms, newsletter and online dating facilities. BlackNet.
- Social Race On The Agenda www
Social policy think tank devoted to issues that affect London's Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities. Race On The Agenda.
- The Injustice www
The story of the struggles for justice by the majority African British families of people who have died in police custody. Injustice.
- Online British Black Music www
Online home for the Black Music Congress (BMC) debates, Black Music, and all information regarding the state of the African British Music industry. British Black Music.
- An Africa Centre www
An independent charity developed to create greater awareness among British and other European people about developments in Africa and its diaspora Africa Centre.
- Giving 100 Great Black Britons www
Giving national attention to the history of the African British community over the last 1000+ years 100 Great Black Britons.
- Discover Shola Arewa- Spirit Matters. www
Discover the principles of the chakras and yoga through Meditation and classes. Shola Arewa- Spirit Matters..
- ACFF ACFF www
ACFF is an African British organisation which aims to raise the aspirations and achievements, ACFF, academically, professionally and economically for people of African and Caribbean descent. ACFF.
- Information David Michael's personal world www
Information and articles concerning race and racism in the UK. David Michael's personal world.
- Brighton Black History Home www
Brighton and Hove Black History Project seeks to reveal Brighton and Hove's hidden past and helps local people get involved in mapping their own history of Brighton and Hove. Black History Home.
- African The Voice Online www
African British newspaper. The Voice Online.
- An AFFORD - Africa Foundation For Development www
An organisation in Britain, Africa Foundation For Development, bringing together Africans from different countries and backgrounds to involve Africans abroad more directly in Africa's development. Information and news about activities, events and membership. AFFORD - Africa Foundation For Development.
- Organisation Operation Black Vote www
Organisation dedicated to enabling the African British and Asian British communities claim their places in European politics. Operation Black Vote.
- An 100 Black Men of London www
An organisation of professional African British men who help the youth and their community. 100 Black Men of London.
- Interactive Precious www
Interactive magazine covering news, Precious, fashion, beauty and well-being for African British Women. Precious.
- A CASBAH www
A project funded by the Research Support Libraries Programme (RSLP) with the aim of identifying and mapping national research resources relating to Caribbean Studies and the history of Black and Asian people in the UK. CASBAH.
- A Black History Month www
A site seeking to support the grassroots celebration of African British heritage. History Month. Let's celebrate and share our African and Caribbean history. Black History Month.
- The chronicleworld.org www
The Chronicle is Britain's first Internet magazine monitoring African British communities. chronicleworld.org. Edited by an urban scholar, it delivers authoritative information, book reviews and ideas to students, professionals, and corporate, educational and community clients. The Chronicle is a cyber-store of African British experiences and a showcase of the skills and ideas Africans need for success at work, study, leisure, and community advancement. chronicleworld.org.
- A The Black Presence in Britain www
A site devoted to providing historical information about the lives of the African / Caribbean people living in Britain prior to the 1950's. The Black Presence in Britain.
- The SOAS: University of London www
The School of Oriental and African Studies is the only higher education institution in the UK specialising in the study of Asia and Africa and is now the world's largest institution of its kind. SOAS: University of London.
- Established Black and Ethnic Minority Experience www
Established to record the experiences of African-Caribbean and Asian people who came to Wolverhampton after World War II. and Ethnic Minority Experience. Offers a selection of audio and video interviews. Black and Ethnic Minority Experience.
- African BNVillage www
African and Caribbean social networking site. BNVillage.
- Non-profit Earth Center www
Non-profit center, Center, promoting traditional African culture and spirituality. Earth Center.
- Pan-African Emerging Minds www
Pan-African news, Minds, activism and business magazine providing news distribution, mainly to Africans in the Diaspora. Emerging Minds.
- Alexa: African-British African
Alexa Directory Top Sites: African-British African
- DMOZ: African-British African
dmoz.org Directory: African-British African