People with disabilities - how they live, learn, work, play and travel. Also disability news, studies, information, and statistics. Disabled Society.
Disability is an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, intellectual, mental, sensory, developmental, or some combination of these that results in restrictions on an individual's ability to participate in what is considered "normal" in their everyday society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Disability is an impairment that may be cognitive, developmental, intellectual, mental, physical, sensory, or some combination of these. It substantially affects a person's life activities and may be present from birth or occur during a person's lifetime.
- Disability Category
- Frailty syndrome - Frailty is a common geriatric syndrome that embodies an elevated risk of catastrophic declines in health and function among older adults. Frailty is a condition associated with ageing, and it has been recognized for centuries.
- Physiological functional capacity - Physiological functional capacity is the ability to perform the physical tasks of daily life and the ease with which these tasks can be performed. PFC declines at some point with advancing age even in healthy adults, resulting in a reduced capacity to perform certain physical tasks.
- Tips MossRehab ResourceNet www
Tips on accessible travel, ResourceNet, factsheets on specific disabilities, information on the ADA, and disability news. MossRehab ResourceNet.
- A Special Needs Almanac www
A special needs resource covering medical issues, Needs Almanac, education, treatments and therapies and other information to those with a disability, their family and carers. Includes a list of support networks. Special Needs Almanac.
- UK Paradigm www
UK portal for learning disability news, Paradigm, policy, articles, links, and discussion. Information about Paradigm's courses and conferences. Paradigm.
- NIAD'S National Institute of Arts and Disabilities www
NIAD'S mission is to provide an art program for people with developmental disabilities which promotes creative expression, Institute of Arts and Disabilities, independence, dignity and community integration. National Institute of Arts and Disabilities.
- An First Street Gallery Art Center www
An Art Center and Gallery for adults with developmental disabilities in Claremont, Street Gallery Art Center, California. First Street's artists produce art in painting, drawing, printmaking, ceramics, collage, assemblage, art books and creative writing. First Street Gallery Art Center.
- An AT Network www
An organization dedicated to expanding the accessibility of tools, Network, resources and technology to enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities. AT Network.
- A Alliance for Technology Access www
A network of community-based Resource Centers, for Technology Access, Developers and Vendors, Affiliates, and Associates dedicated to providing information and support services to children and adults with disabilities, and increasing their use of standard, assistive, and information technologies. Alliance for Technology Access.
- A Susan's Sex Support Site www
A moderated discussion board and chat room to discuss sex. Sex Support Site. It is for self-advocates and others with learning difficulties. Susan's Sex Support Site.
- Open WAPD Forum and Bulletin Board www
Open and youth chat, Forum and Bulletin Board, as well as event announcements. WAPD Forum and Bulletin Board.
- A Division of Early Childhood (DEC) www
A nonprofit organization advocating for individuals who work with or on behalf of children with special needs, Early Childhood (DEC), birth through age eight, and their families. Division of Early Childhood (DEC).
- Dedicated Official Sports for Kids Foundation Web Site www
Dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for physically and emotionally challenged children throughout the United States and Canada. Official Sports for Kids Foundation Web Site.
- An Supported Life Institute www
An educational nonprofit institute, Life Institute, producing conferences on developmental disabilities, and promoting community inclusion, supported living, and self-advocacy for individuals with cognitive disabilities. Supported Life Institute.
- This The Universal Package: Designing Packaging for Everyone www
This conference presented the concept of universal design to the packaging industry. Universal Package: Designing Packaging for Everyone. Universal design, also known as inclusive design, is the concept of designing beyond "average" people considering as main target audience the disabled and the elderly. The Universal Package: Designing Packaging for Everyone.
- Helping Empowerment Zone www
Helping individuals and communities achieve self actualization and full citizenship. Empowerment Zone.
- Lists Ableize www
Lists disability goods, Ableize, aids, services, information and mobility products. Includes access issues, disabled sports and the arts. Contains disability related news and offers free listings. Ableize.
- Alexa: Disabled Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Disabled Society
- DMOZ: Disabled Society
dmoz.org Directory: Disabled Society