People with disabilities - how they live, learn, work, play and travel. Also disability news, studies, information, and statistics. Disabled Society.
Disability is an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, intellectual, mental, sensory, developmental, or some combination of these that results in restrictions on an individual's ability to participate in what is considered "normal" in their everyday society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Disability is an impairment that may be cognitive, developmental, intellectual, mental, physical, sensory, or some combination of these. It substantially affects a person's life activities and may be present from birth or occur during a person's lifetime.
- Disability Category
- Frailty syndrome - Frailty is a common geriatric syndrome that embodies an elevated risk of catastrophic declines in health and function among older adults. Frailty is a condition associated with ageing, and it has been recognized for centuries.
- Physiological functional capacity - Physiological functional capacity is the ability to perform the physical tasks of daily life and the ease with which these tasks can be performed. PFC declines at some point with advancing age even in healthy adults, resulting in a reduced capacity to perform certain physical tasks.
- Disabilities-R-Us www
Features IRC and online web chat, Disabilities-R-Us, discussion forums, shopping and free web-based e-mail at gimpworld.com.
- Tips MossRehab ResourceNet www
Tips on accessible travel, ResourceNet, factsheets on specific disabilities, information on the ADA, and disability news. MossRehab ResourceNet.
- A Special Needs Almanac www
A special needs resource covering medical issues, Needs Almanac, education, treatments and therapies and other information to those with a disability, their family and carers. Includes a list of support networks. Special Needs Almanac.
- UK Paradigm www
UK portal for learning disability news, Paradigm, policy, articles, links, and discussion. Information about Paradigm's courses and conferences. Paradigm.
- Performing Arts For All, Inc. www
Performing arts and visual arts for Tucson, For All, Inc., Arizona including Third Street Kids Arts For All, Inc..
- A Deaf Culture Art www
A resource for anyone interested in Deaf Art, Culture Art, particularly the category defined by Deaf View/Image Art (De'VIA). Deaf Culture Art.
- Offers Axistive www
Offers free news, Axistive, articles, product reviews and vendor information about assistive technology devices. Axistive.
- Opportunities Center for Applied Special Technology www
Opportunities for individuals with disabilities through the development of and innovative uses of technology. Center for Applied Special Technology.
- A SSD Facts www
A forum for people applying for and living on Social Security Disability. Facts. Also contains actual letters received while going through the application process. Requires registration to post. SSD Facts.
- For On the Other Hand www
For families with children with hand anomalies. the Other Hand. Created by an occupational therapist. On the Other Hand.
- A Personal Ponies www
A unique non-profit organization dedicated to providing children with special needs with a Miniature Shetland Pony to love and care for completely without charge. Personal Ponies.
- This The Universal Package: Designing Packaging for Everyone www
This conference presented the concept of universal design to the packaging industry. Universal Package: Designing Packaging for Everyone. Universal design, also known as inclusive design, is the concept of designing beyond "average" people considering as main target audience the disabled and the elderly. The Universal Package: Designing Packaging for Everyone.
- Important ICDRI Calendar of Disability Events www
Important disability conferences or other conferences which often have disability-related activities and events. ICDRI Calendar of Disability Events.
- Disabled Eagle Disabled Resources www
Disabled resources, Disabled Resources, including mobility products. Eagle Disabled Resources.
- Lists Ableize www
Lists disability goods, Ableize, aids, services, information and mobility products. Includes access issues, disabled sports and the arts. Contains disability related news and offers free listings. Ableize.
- Alexa: Disabled Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Disabled Society
- DMOZ: Disabled Society
dmoz.org Directory: Disabled Society