The Near Death Experience section has been established to provide links to the best sites which help explain and explore the phenomenon of the NDE. The main page is for those sites which provide the results of original research or original and profound theological insights which make the Near Death Experience more understandable. Additionally, there are a number of subcategories. One is for the home pages of near death experiencers, and a second for sites the primary emphasis of which is the compiling of anthologies of Near Death Experience accounts. A subsection has been created for NDE authors with sites promoting their books, newsletters, speaking schedules, etc. Near Death Experiences Death Society.
A near-death experience ( NDE ) is a personal experience associated with death or impending death, encompassing multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of a light. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A near-death experience is a personal experience associated with death or impending death. Such experiences may encompass a variety of sensations including detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of a light. NDEs are a recognized part of some transcendental and religious beliefs in an afterlife.
- Raymond Moody - Raymond A. Moody, Jr. is a philosopher, psychologist, physician and author, most widely known for his books about life after death and near-death experiences, a term that he coined in 1975 in his best-selling book Life After Life.
- Beyond and Back - Beyond and Back is a 1978 documentary and "death-sploitation flick" released by Sunn Classic Pictures that deals with the subject of near death experiences.
- Deathbed phenomena - Deathbed phenomena refers to a range of paranormal experiences claimed by people who are dying.
- Terminal lucidity - Terminal lucidity refers to an unexpected return of mental clarity and memory that occurs in the time shortly before death in patients suffering from severe psychiatric and neurologic disorder.
- Form constant - A form constant is one of several geometric patterns which are recurringly observed during hallucinations and altered states of consciousness.
- Lazarus phenomenon - Lazarus syndrome, also known as autoresuscitation after failed cardiopulmonary resuscitation, is the spontaneous return of circulation after failed attempts at resuscitation. Its occurrence has been noted in medical literature at least 38 times since 1982.
- Psychiatric research
- Near-death experiences
- New Age
- Writer Beyond the Veil www
Writer and counselor Diane Goble describes her near-death experience and provides resources about death and dying. the Veil. Includes extensive bibliography, an open forum and counseling for NDE survivors. Beyond the Veil.
- A Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife www
A comprehensive collection of information and resources about the Near-Death Experience. Experiences and the Afterlife. Includes a well organized index, a huge collection of NDE accounts, a newsletter, message board and support. Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife.
- A Karma, Reincarnation and NDE www
A collection of original articles, Reincarnation and NDE, archived news stories, links and recommended books on Karma, Reincarnation and the Near-Death Experience. Karma, Reincarnation and NDE.
- NDERF Near Death Experience Research Foundation www
NDERF is dedicated to the study and sharing of the Near-Death Experience and related phenomena. Death Experience Research Foundation. Includes a comprehensive index for over 1,800 NDE accounts and a message board. Near Death Experience Research Foundation.
- On-line The Institute for Afterlife Research www
On-line store for books about near-death and out-of-body experiences and reincarnation. Institute for Afterlife Research. Also includes articles and general information about these and related subjects. The Institute for Afterlife Research.
- The Dangers of Communicating with the Dead www
The spiritual dangers of after-death communication from a Biblical perspective. Dangers of Communicating with the Dead.
- Dedicated Greater Reality and Afterlife www
Dedicated to researching afterlife and after-death communication. Reality and Afterlife. Includes Dr. R. Craig Hogan's radio interviews. Greater Reality and Afterlife.
- A Sacred Transformations www
A collection of spiritual experiences, Transformations, including near-death experiences, spiritual emergence, UFOs and related phenomena. Sacred Transformations.
- An True Near Death Experiences www
An examination of the Near-Death Experience from a Biblical perspective, Near Death Experiences, including dozens of personal NDE accounts and a message board. True Near Death Experiences.
- An Experiences of Previously Unconscious Patients www
An accredited nursing course by Madelaine Lawrence, Previously Unconscious Patients, PhD on near-death and out-of-body experiences. Experiences of Previously Unconscious Patients.
- Psychic Near-Death Experience www
Psychic Ellie Crystal provides a detailed analysis of the Near-Death Experience from scientific and metaphysical perspectives. Near-Death Experience.
- Scientific Morse, Melvin www
Scientific research on near death experiences, Melvin, especially in children, and their connection to the right temporal lobe of the brain. Morse, Melvin.
- Information Jordan, Kathie www
Information about her book, Kathie, "The Birth Called Death". Includes information about upcoming public engagements. Jordan, Kathie.
- Slovenian IANDS Slovenija - Slovenian Association for Near-Death Studies www
Slovenian chapter for International Association for Near-Death Studies. Slovenija - Slovenian Association for Near-Death Studies. Text in Slovenian and English. IANDS Slovenija - Slovenian Association for Near-Death Studies.
- IANDS The Seattle Seattle Chapter of IANDS www
IANDS Seattle chapter provides information on monthly meetings and newsletter as well as information on parent organization. The Seattle Seattle Chapter of IANDS.
- A The 'Other Side': Doctor Describes Death, Encounter With Jesus www
A book review of "Return from Tomorrow", 'Other Side': Doctor Describes Death, Encounter With Jesus, Dr. George G. Ritchie's account of his near-death experience and encounter with Jesus during his military service in 1943. The 'Other Side': Doctor Describes Death, Encounter With Jesus.
- Spiritual Tiffany Snow www
Spiritual healer and intuitive Tiffany Snow writes about her NDE encounter with Jesus in 1999. Snow. Includes links to her books, classes, photos, healing consultations and related offerings. Tiffany Snow.
- A Epitaphs for Free www
A collection by Nicholas Gordon. Epitaphs for Free.
- An New Englander and Yale Review - "Euthanasia: The Pleasures of Dying" www
An 1891 journal article by E. Englander and Yale Review - "Euthanasia: The Pleasures of Dying". P. Buffet, M. D., asserting that death is painless and not to be feared. New Englander and Yale Review - "Euthanasia: The Pleasures of Dying".
- Alexa: Near Death Experiences Death
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Near Death Experiences Death
- DMOZ: Near Death Experiences Death
dmoz.org Directory: Near Death Experiences Death