The Near Death Experience section has been established to provide links to the best sites which help explain and explore the phenomenon of the NDE. The main page is for those sites which provide the results of original research or original and profound theological insights which make the Near Death Experience more understandable. Additionally, there are a number of subcategories. One is for the home pages of near death experiencers, and a second for sites the primary emphasis of which is the compiling of anthologies of Near Death Experience accounts. A subsection has been created for NDE authors with sites promoting their books, newsletters, speaking schedules, etc. Near Death Experiences Death Society.
A near-death experience ( NDE ) is a personal experience associated with death or impending death, encompassing multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of a light. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A near-death experience is a personal experience associated with death or impending death. Such experiences may encompass a variety of sensations including detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of a light. NDEs are a recognized part of some transcendental and religious beliefs in an afterlife.
- Raymond Moody - Raymond A. Moody, Jr. is a philosopher, psychologist, physician and author, most widely known for his books about life after death and near-death experiences, a term that he coined in 1975 in his best-selling book Life After Life.
- Beyond and Back - Beyond and Back is a 1978 documentary and "death-sploitation flick" released by Sunn Classic Pictures that deals with the subject of near death experiences.
- Deathbed phenomena - Deathbed phenomena refers to a range of paranormal experiences claimed by people who are dying.
- Terminal lucidity - Terminal lucidity refers to an unexpected return of mental clarity and memory that occurs in the time shortly before death in patients suffering from severe psychiatric and neurologic disorder.
- Form constant - A form constant is one of several geometric patterns which are recurringly observed during hallucinations and altered states of consciousness.
- Lazarus phenomenon - Lazarus syndrome, also known as autoresuscitation after failed cardiopulmonary resuscitation, is the spontaneous return of circulation after failed attempts at resuscitation. Its occurrence has been noted in medical literature at least 38 times since 1982.
- Psychiatric research
- Near-death experiences
- New Age
- Writer Beyond the Veil www
Writer and counselor Diane Goble describes her near-death experience and provides resources about death and dying. the Veil. Includes extensive bibliography, an open forum and counseling for NDE survivors. Beyond the Veil.
- A Karma, Reincarnation and NDE www
A collection of original articles, Reincarnation and NDE, archived news stories, links and recommended books on Karma, Reincarnation and the Near-Death Experience. Karma, Reincarnation and NDE.
- NDERF Near Death Experience Research Foundation www
NDERF is dedicated to the study and sharing of the Near-Death Experience and related phenomena. Death Experience Research Foundation. Includes a comprehensive index for over 1,800 NDE accounts and a message board. Near Death Experience Research Foundation.
- On-line The Institute for Afterlife Research www
On-line store for books about near-death and out-of-body experiences and reincarnation. Institute for Afterlife Research. Also includes articles and general information about these and related subjects. The Institute for Afterlife Research.
- A Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife www
A comprehensive collection of information and resources about the Near-Death Experience. Experiences and the Afterlife. Includes a well organized index, a huge collection of NDE accounts, a newsletter, message board and support. Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife.
- The Dangers of Communicating with the Dead www
The spiritual dangers of after-death communication from a Biblical perspective. Dangers of Communicating with the Dead.
- Recording The Voice of a Dead Boy www
Recording made with British medium, Voice of a Dead Boy, Leslie Flint, of after-death communication with deceased boy describing his experience of life after death. The Voice of a Dead Boy.
- An Thoughtful Living - A Study of Near Death Experiences www
An NDE resource, Living - A Study of Near Death Experiences, collection of personal accounts and open forum for near-death survivors to share their personal experiences and insights. Thoughtful Living - A Study of Near Death Experiences.
- A Celestial Travelers www
A collection of personal NDE accounts including books and videos about the Near-Death Experience and related subjects. Celestial Travelers.
- Russell What are Near-Death Experiences and Are They Some Kind of OBE? www
Russell A. are Near-Death Experiences and Are They Some Kind of OBE?. Dewey, PhD, examines the Near-Death Experience as a type of Out-of-Body Experience. What are Near-Death Experiences and Are They Some Kind of OBE?.
- A Early Mormon Visions and Near Death Experiences www
A comparison between early Mormon visionary experiences and the Near-Death Experience. Early Mormon Visions and Near Death Experiences.
- Offering Migliore, Vince www
Offering "A Measure of Heaven", Vince, with detailed statistical comparison and analysis. Migliore, Vince.
- About Mullens, Ken www
About his 20 minute death in 1991, Ken, includes biographical information, articles about the author and his books, and contact information. Mullens, Ken.
- Slovenian IANDS Slovenija - Slovenian Association for Near-Death Studies www
Slovenian chapter for International Association for Near-Death Studies. Slovenija - Slovenian Association for Near-Death Studies. Text in Slovenian and English. IANDS Slovenija - Slovenian Association for Near-Death Studies.
- IANDS Chicago Chapter of IANDS www
IANDS Chicago chapter provides information on monthly meetings and newsletter as well as information on parent organization. Chicago Chapter of IANDS.
- In Healed by Christ During my NDE www
In 1928, Christ During my NDE, Lorraine Tutmarc contracted peritonitis and was not expected to survive. Then one day she rose from her body and into a higher dimension where she was healed by Jesus. Healed by Christ During my NDE.
- During The Final Frontier www
During surgery, Final Frontier, Jeanette Mitchell Meadows had a near-death experience in which she met Jesus and her daughter Annette, who had died two years earlier. The Final Frontier.
- Covers Encyclopedia of Death and Dying www
Covers all aspects of death and dying - biological, Death and Dying, medical, social, sociological, psychological, religious, and philosophical. Encyclopedia of Death and Dying.
- What Death Online www
What happens when people die, Online, and the ways that people deal with death. Includes articles, links and video. Death Online.
- Alexa: Near Death Experiences Death
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Near Death Experiences Death
- DMOZ: Near Death Experiences Death
dmoz.org Directory: Near Death Experiences Death