Sites related to the issues surrounding Death and Dying. Death Society.
The concept and symptoms of death, and varying degrees of delicacy used in discussion in public forums, have generated numerous scientific, legal, and socially acceptable terms or euphemisms for death. (wikipedia)
- Death The cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which...
- Death Valley A desert valley located in Eastern California.
- Death (personification) A common element in culture and history.
- Jason Death An Australian former rugby league footballer of the 1990s and 2000s.
- Master Death A Yugoslav adventure/fantasy comic strip about the masked hero of the same name, created by...
- Death (cigarette) A brand of cigarettes sold by the Enlightened Tobacco Company in the United Kingdom from 1991 to...
- Lists of people by cause of death An index of lists of people by cause of death, in alphabetical order of cause.
- Provides Our Daily Dead www
Provides an ongoing commentary on recent notable deaths. Our Daily Dead.
- Thoughts Death: Anytime coming soon www
Thoughts on death from Osho, Anytime coming soon, a mystic. Death: Anytime coming soon.
- Articles Death, Loss and Bereavement www
Articles on how to deal with death and suicide, Loss and Bereavement, and how to communicate with others about serious illness. Death, Loss and Bereavement.
- A Brain Injury and Brain Death Resources www
A resource including the Japanese controversy, Injury and Brain Death Resources, diagnosing, persistent vegetative state and religious views. Brain Injury and Brain Death Resources.
- Lists Dead or Alive? www
Lists famous people and whether they are dead or alive. Alive?. Dead or Alive?.
- Uses Day4Death.com www
Uses mortality and life expectancy tables to estimate the likely day, Day4Death.com, place, and cause of death. Day4Death.com.
- What Death Online www
What happens when people die, Online, and the ways that people deal with death. Includes articles, links and video. Death Online.
- A Death in Cyberspace www
A social and cultural analysis of the development of funeral and mourning practices on the internet. Death in Cyberspace.
- Covers Encyclopedia of Death and Dying www
Covers all aspects of death and dying - biological, Death and Dying, medical, social, sociological, psychological, religious, and philosophical. Encyclopedia of Death and Dying.
- A Epitaphs for Free www
A collection by Nicholas Gordon. Epitaphs for Free.
- A Taphophilia www
A repository of morbid curiosities. Taphophilia.
- List Famous Dead www
List of well-known people with cause of death. Famous Dead.
- Explores Death, Life and the Question of Identity www
Explores the way identity is affected by the inevitability of death. Death, Life and the Question of Identity.
- Asks Is there Death after Life? www
Asks if death is a key unlocking the door to a mystical afterlife, there Death after Life?, saying God has the answer. Is there Death after Life?.
- The Death and Dying www
The process from a Buddhist perspective. Death and Dying.
- Funeral Bruce Goddard www
Funeral director from Reynolds, Goddard, Georgia, available as a public speaker on the lighter side of being a small town undertaker. Bruce Goddard.
- R. Last Meals by R. A. Barrington: Celebrate Your Freedom www
R. Meals by R. A. Barrington: Celebrate Your Freedom. A. Barrington essay compares and contrasts the experiences of death-row prisoners with the prospect of death by terrorism. Last Meals by R. A. Barrington: Celebrate Your Freedom.
- A Roadside America - Pet Cemetery www
A listing of offbeat pet cemeteries in the United States. America - Pet Cemetery. Includes morbid facts. Roadside America - Pet Cemetery.
- The The Death Clock www
The Internet's friendly reminder that life is slipping away, Death Clock, second by second. The Death Clock.
- An New Englander and Yale Review - "Euthanasia: The Pleasures of Dying" www
An 1891 journal article by E. Englander and Yale Review - "Euthanasia: The Pleasures of Dying". P. Buffet, M. D., asserting that death is painless and not to be feared. New Englander and Yale Review - "Euthanasia: The Pleasures of Dying".
- Stories The Final Journey www
Stories of death and dying which deal with the actual time of death including terminal delirium, Final Journey, agitation, pain control, confusion, and hallucinations. The Final Journey.
- Virtual The Temple of Azrael www
Virtual memorial to the Arch-Angel Azrael, Temple of Azrael, with cemetery photos. The Temple of Azrael.
- Lifespan Death Timer www
Lifespan calculator uses published global life expectancy statistics. Death Timer.
- Online BellaOnline Life Clock www
Online quiz yields estimated life span according to various factors. BellaOnline Life Clock.
- Resource Death and Dementia www
Resource for sites dealing with death, and Dementia, horror, crime, religion and other topics. Death and Dementia.
- Articles Kearl's Guide to Sociological Thanatology www
Articles and resources about the sociology of death and dying. Kearl's Guide to Sociological Thanatology.
- E-book Life in the World Unseen www
E-book recounts life in the spirit world as received through mediums. Life in the World Unseen.
- Considers Life after Death www
Considers various evidence for and against the existence of an afterlife. Life after Death.
- Resources Growth House www
Resources for life-threatening illness, House, end of life care, bereavement and grief, death and dying. Growth House.
- Death FuneralWire www
Death Care news and information site. FuneralWire. Includes message boards, free daily newsletter, chat rooms, and specials. FuneralWire.
- How Funeral Customs of Caucasian Estonians www
How Estonian settlers in Caucasian Abkhazia preserved -- and changed -- their traditional customs and beliefs surrounding death and burial during the 20th century. Funeral Customs of Caucasian Estonians.
- Description Bali Royal Cremation - photos by Max Buten www
Description and pictures of Balinese cremation ceremonies. Bali Royal Cremation - photos by Max Buten.
- Offers In Loving Memory Online www
Offers online plaques and simple obituary type pages. Loving Memory Online. Also offers small email support forum. In Loving Memory Online.
- Poetry Poetry for the Heart www
Poetry for anyone who has lost a loved one. for the Heart. Poems for anyone grieving for a family member. Dedicated to Latosha "Shorty" Underwood. Poetry for the Heart.
- Gives Estate of Denial www
Gives the "dark side" of estate management plus involuntary redistribution of assets via trusts, Denial, wills, and guardianships. Exposes an industry where lawyers and others manipulate circumstances for asset distributions contrary to intended wishes of the deceased and disabled. Estate of Denial.
- Mission Death with Dignity National Center www
Mission is to expand end-of-life choices and advance the legalization of physician aid in dying. Death with Dignity National Center.
- Writer Beyond the Veil www
Writer and counselor Diane Goble describes her near-death experience and provides resources about death and dying. the Veil. Includes extensive bibliography, an open forum and counseling for NDE survivors. Beyond the Veil.
- A Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife www
A comprehensive collection of information and resources about the Near-Death Experience. Experiences and the Afterlife. Includes a well organized index, a huge collection of NDE accounts, a newsletter, message board and support. Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife.
- An The Resents www
An index of obituaries as they appear in the local newspapers of Alberta and British Columbia. The Resents.
- A Ain't No Way to Go www
A monthly cyberdigest of news and magazine articles about the curious ways people have died - some humorous, Way to Go, some horrific. Ain't No Way to Go.
- Alexa: Death Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Death Society
- DMOZ: Death Society
dmoz.org Directory: Death Society