Protests, boycotts, strikes, class action suits, and other organized actions against corporations. Anti-Corporation Activism Society.
- Wikipedia: Anti-corporate activism holds that the influence of big business corporations is a detriment to the public good and to the democratic process.
- Anti-corporate activism Category
- Anti-consumerism - Anti-consumerism is a sociopolitical ideology that is opposed to consumerism, the continual buying and consuming of material possessions.
- Anti-globalization - The anti-globalization movement, or counter-globalisation movement, is a social movement critical of economic globalization.
- Bernie Sanders - Bernard Sanders is an American politician who has been the junior United States Senator from Vermont since 2007. Sanders is the longest serving independent in U.S. congressional history.
- Corporatocracy - Corporatocracy, is a recent term used to refer to an economic and political system controlled by corporations or corporate interests. It is most often used today as a term to describe the current economic situation in a particular country, especially the United States.
- Lobbying in the United States - Lobbying in the United States describes paid activity in which special interests hire well-connected professional advocates, often lawyers, to argue for specific legislation in decision-making bodies such as the United States Congress.
- McLibel case - McDonald's Corporation v Steel & Morris EWHC QB 366, known as "the McLibel case", was an English lawsuit for libel filed by McDonald's Corporation against environmental activists Helen Steel and David Morris over a factsheet critical of the company.
- Corporate crime
- Corporate law
- sniggle.net www
Well-written introduction to culture jamming in its many forms, sniggle.net, with pictures and many links.
- Proposes Boycott America www
Proposes consumer boycott of large US corporations as a protest against US consumption of resources, America, militarism and interference in affairs of other nations. Links to reading lists and to information on which corporations are US-based. Boycott America.
- Grassroots Corporate Accountability International www
Grassroots corporate watchdog organization; membership information, Accountability International, campaign updates, job openings, and press releases. Corporate Accountability International.
- Regular The International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal www
Regular updates, International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal, the class action suit against Union Carbide Corporation, and activities of organizations for survivors of the disaster. The International Campaign for Justice in Bhopal.
- The Essential Action: Boycott Shell/Free Nigeria Campaign www
Essential Action: Boycott Shell/Free Nigeria Campaign.
- Describes Coalition Against Bayer-Dangers (CBG) www
Describes campaigns relating labor practices, Against Bayer-Dangers (CBG), environmental issue, and drug safety. Formerly known as Bayerwatch. [English/German/French/Italian/Spanish] Coalition Against Bayer-Dangers (CBG).
- Group Citizen Works www
Group working on a campaign to eliminate the corrosive political influence of corporations and restore democracy to the people. Works. Founded by Ralph Nader. Citizen Works.
- News Naomi Klein www
News on the politics of brand hegemony and corporate power, Klein, and of acts of organized and disorganized resistance from all over the world. A forum for discussion and debate, and for sharing information, strategies of subversion and creative alternatives. Naomi Klein.
- Features GapSucks.org www
Features news on boycott of the Fisher Family, GapSucks.org, GAP, Old Navy, and Banana Republic. GapSucks.org.
- Single Socialism Today on World Trade Organization www
Single page review of the powerful gathering of protesters in Seattle in 1999. Socialism Today on World Trade Organization.
- Urges Boycott Georgia Pacific www
Urges a boycott of G-P's products unless construction is halted on a pipeline that endangers the St. Georgia Pacific. Johns River in Florida. Boycott Georgia Pacific.
- Gives Top 10 Reasons to Boycott FedEx www
Gives several detailed explanations of bad labor practices and relations with customers and neighbors, Reasons to Boycott FedEx, with links to external articles. Top 10 Reasons to Boycott FedEx.
- Urges You've been Kmarted www
Urges boycotts by US consumers of corporations who are off-shoring their workforces, been Kmarted, with an extensive list of corporate names, and links to sites detailing the issue and the successes of past actions. You've been Kmarted.
- In Swatch Protest and Boycott www
In 1999, Protest and Boycott, Swatch tried to use ham radio bands for advertising in violation of ITU rules via satellite. Amateur radio operators protested and the launch was cancelled. Swatch Protest and Boycott.
- PETA Iams Cruelty www
PETA critique of the dog- and cat-food manufacturer's nutritional experiments using cats and dogs. Cruelty. Includes photos, video, and information about other pet food companies' use of animal testing. Iams Cruelty.
- Article Slashdot: Killustrator Author Required to Pay Two Grand www
Article about Adobe's lawyers's demand that the University of Magdeburg sign their cease and desist letter, Killustrator Author Required to Pay Two Grand, destroy kIllustrator packaging, name every KIllustrator user, and disclose the profit they made from it. Slashdot: Killustrator Author Required to Pay Two Grand.
- News Slashdot: Adobe Threatens KIllustrator Over Name www
News about Adobe demanding 2500 EUR from the developer of Linux KDE drawing program "Killustrator" for violating their trademark for Adobe Illustrator. Adobe Threatens KIllustrator Over Name. News and discussion forum. Slashdot: Adobe Threatens KIllustrator Over Name.
- States Guardian - The Cookbook Any Firm Can Follow www
States that AOL paid a $3. The Cookbook Any Firm Can Follow.5 million penalty to the US Securities and Exchange Commission, the government financial watchdog, to settle charges that bear a close similarity to those in the WorldCom case. Guardian - The Cookbook Any Firm Can Follow.
- Parody Dow Jones www
Parody site created by RTMark that focuses on the Bhopal controversy. Dow Jones.
- Manifesto, The Bubble Project www
Manifesto, Bubble Project, templates, book ordering, contact information and recommended links. The Bubble Project.
- Investment Leonardo Finance Attacks Leonardo Arts www
Investment behemoth Leonardo Finance is suing 30-year-old art magazine Leonardo to prevent it from using its name. Finance Attacks Leonardo Arts. Leonardo Finance says that Leonardo has emerged ahead of it in search engine rankings, and that this isn't fair. Leonardo Finance Attacks Leonardo Arts.
- Protest Leonardo Finance Protest Site www
Protest against Leonardo Finance for suing a non profit Leonardo Arts Organization for trademark infringement. Leonardo Finance Protest Site.
- Story Mattel Spyware www
Story and discussion board. Spyware. [Slashdot] Mattel Spyware.
- Article Barbie Protesters Aren't Playing Around www
Article about Pink Anger boycott against Mattel [LA Times] Barbie Protesters Aren't Playing Around.
- Office BW Online -Arrogance, Thy Name Is Microsoft www
Office users are steamed at Gates and Co. Online -Arrogance, Thy Name Is Microsoft.'s demand that they register their software. BW Online -Arrogance, Thy Name Is Microsoft.
- Replacements MSBC's The Alternative www
Replacements for Microsoft software, The Alternative, services and hardware. Includes reviews and outside links. MSBC's The Alternative.
- Platform The Guardian - Activate www
Platform to make the world a better place through technology and the internet. Guardian - Activate. Includes videos from annual summits. The Guardian - Activate.
- Article The Village Voice: Tech Wars in Meat Space by Erik Baard www
Article on new less-lethal weapons police are looking at using to control protests, Village Voice: Tech Wars in Meat Space by Erik Baard, and new high tech devices being used by protesters. The Village Voice: Tech Wars in Meat Space by Erik Baard.
- Alexa: Anti-Corporation Activism
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Anti-Corporation Activism
- DMOZ: Anti-Corporation Activism
dmoz.org Directory: Anti-Corporation Activism