Activism "emphasizes direct vigorous action especially in support of or opposition to one side of a controversial issue" according to Merriam-Webster. Note: A few sites listed here may advocate activities or contain material that some people may find offensive. Activism Society.
Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental change, or stasis with the desire to make improvements in society and to change society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, or direct social, political, economic, or environmental reform or stasis with the desire to make improvements in society. Forms of activism range from writing letters to newspapers or to politicians, political campaigning, economic activism such as boycotts or preferentially patronizing businesses, rallies, street marches, strikes, sit-ins, and hunger strikes.
- Activism Category
- Advocacy Evaluation - Advocacy evaluation, also called public policy advocacy design, monitoring, and evaluation, evaluates the progress or outcomes of advocacy, such as changes in public policy.
- Advocacy group - Advocacy groups use various forms of advocacy in order to influence public opinion and/or policy. They have played and continue to play an important part in the development of political and social systems.
- Agitator - An agitator is a person who actively supports some ideology or movement with speeches and especially actions. The Agitators were a political movement as well as elected representatives of soldiers, including the New Model Army of Oliver Cromwell, during the English Civil War.
- Counterculture of the 1960s - The counterculture of the 1960s refers to an anti-establishment cultural phenomenon that developed first in the United Kingdom and the United States and then spread throughout much of the Western world between the early 1960s and the mid-1970s, with London, New York City, and San Francisco being...
- Community leader - Community leader is a designation, often by secondary sources, for a person who is perceived to represent a community. A simple way to understand community leadership is to see it as leadership in, for and by the community.
- Human rights activists - Human rights defenders or human rights activists are people who, individually or with others, act to promote or protect some variation of human rights.
- Community organizing
- Counterculture of the 1960s
- Produces Latino Education Network Service www
Produces and distributes information about Latino and Latina history, Education Network Service, including history of Latino activism, in the United States. Latino Education Network Service.
- A Essential Information www
A non-profit organization founded by Ralph Nader which encourages citizens to become active and engaged in their communities. Information. Site links to opinion articles on current issues. Essential Information.
- Article The Village Voice: Tech Wars in Meat Space by Erik Baard www
Article on new less-lethal weapons police are looking at using to control protests, Village Voice: Tech Wars in Meat Space by Erik Baard, and new high tech devices being used by protesters. The Village Voice: Tech Wars in Meat Space by Erik Baard.
- Platform The Guardian - Activate www
Platform to make the world a better place through technology and the internet. Guardian - Activate. Includes videos from annual summits. The Guardian - Activate.
- A Anti-Telemarketing EGBG Counterscript www
A diagram of questions you can use to give telemarketers a taste of their own medicine. Anti-Telemarketing EGBG Counterscript.
- All Associations Unorthodox www
All about unconventional, Unorthodox, unrestrained and unrepentant strategic thinking on the future of associations and the association community. Associations Unorthodox.
- What Life History & Media Project www
What does it mean to be political these days? Young citizens tell their stories of using the media to inform themselves and get involved in politics. Life History & Media Project.
- Help Faith Action Counseling Education for Life www
Help for crisis pregnancies, Action Counseling Education for Life, pre and post abortion counseling and education. Faith Action Counseling Education for Life.
- The The Genocide Awareness Project www
The Genocide Awareness Project travels to universities across the U. Genocide Awareness Project.S. using massive photo murals. The Genocide Awareness Project.
- Informal Citizens Against Ugly Street Spam (CAUSS) www
Informal group working to remove illegal commercial street signs. Against Ugly Street Spam (CAUSS). Includes discussion forum, FAQ, news, and contact information for Code Enforcement associations. Citizens Against Ugly Street Spam (CAUSS).
- Features Adbusters www
Features campaigns, Adbusters, spoof ads, uncommercials, and a magazine. Adbusters.
- Explores School of Cooperative Individualism www
Explores the principles of cooperative individualism, Cooperative Individualism, as developed by Thomas Paine, Henry George and other champions of liberty. Included is an extensive library of reference materials and an internal search engine on political economy. School of Cooperative Individualism.
- Proposals Human-Scale Reformation www
Proposals to improve systems of organization (political, Reformation, economic, and social) by making them more personal and human-scale. Includes outlines of the Human Assembly, EMIT Money Standard, Rental Ecology, Support For All, and Living Freedom Mission. Human-Scale Reformation.
- Weekly Schnews magazine www
Weekly newsletter from Justice, magazine, Brighton's direct action collective. Activist, anti-corporate and international news. Schnews magazine.
- Pictures Riot Does It www
Pictures of riots from around the world. Riot Does It.
- A Stop Horse Slaughter Day www
A day of education to draw awareness to the realities of horse slaughter in the United States. Stop Horse Slaughter Day.
- Provides Rooster Free Neighborhood www
Provides information about the inadequate laws against cock fighting in Oregon and how to help strengthen them. Rooster Free Neighborhood.
- In Swatch Protest and Boycott www
In 1999, Protest and Boycott, Swatch tried to use ham radio bands for advertising in violation of ITU rules via satellite. Amateur radio operators protested and the launch was cancelled. Swatch Protest and Boycott.
- Describes Coalition Against Bayer-Dangers (CBG) www
Describes campaigns relating labor practices, Against Bayer-Dangers (CBG), environmental issue, and drug safety. Formerly known as Bayerwatch. [English/German/French/Italian/Spanish] Coalition Against Bayer-Dangers (CBG).
- Alexa: Activism Society
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Activism Society
- DMOZ: Activism Society
dmoz.org Directory: Activism Society